Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jodi Arias Trial

docyabut2

Ugh... I feel nauseous, and just physically sick. Some of the evidence presented during the trial were just so disturbing. It's pretty shocking that the defendant is very soft-spoken, despite the brutality of the killing; one might think she would not be capable of such actions. While I agree that Jodi Arias killed Travis Alexander based on her testimony and her being placed at the crime scene, I don't think there's a convincing argument that the murder was pre-meditated. But I also don't believe that she killed him in self-defense... The 27(or 29) stab wounds can speak for themselves as overkill and shows a more sinister motivation. Plus the gun shot to the head... when he's already severely bleeding from stab wounds should not be justified by self-defense. Seriously, were a gun and a knife just lying around for her to 'protect' herself?

Besides the photos before the attack were so weird. Why was she taking photos of him naked if she's about to kill him...then attempt to delete some?

Disturbing case. :no:

I agree. It's hard for me to believe this soft spoken likable girl committed such a brutal hateful act. But she did. Scary. Anybody have a theory for why she took the photos?

Do you still think the prosecutor is doing a professional job?

What's clear to me is Martinez- intentionally or not- is demonstrating how extremely difficult it is to contend with an individual such as Arias, who in turn, is showing to be a master manipulator.

Indeed, she's showing that she will NOT be controlled....not on the stand, and so it follows, not anywhere else.

Edited by regi
  • Like 1

Alexander's own words are filthy and true (reflection of his character).

Don't worry armchair prosecutors, Nancy Grace, with her obsessed infatuation with cute girls involved in heinous crimes, will get this one off on parole too after making her famous and wasting months of millions of viewers' lives before the not-guilty verdict.

[media=]

[/media]

Travis was no completely innocent victim. I believe he destroyed an already damaged woman. Too bad he wasn't kind to her. Still he didn't deserve to be murdered. She killed him and needs to be in jail the rest of her life.

BOMBSHELL!!!! I do not watch Nancy Grace. She is an idiot.

Don't worry armchair prosecutors, Nancy Grace, with her obsessed infatuation with cute girls involved in heinous crimes, will get this one off on parole too after making her famous and wasting months of millions of viewers' lives before the not-guilty verdict.

Who are you with the name calling? You took personal offence because Lotus and I had a meeting of the minds, and then you called me desperate because I can't show you a video tape of the murder in progress.

And who the heck gives a fig newton about Nancy Grace? That's your beef with Nancy Grace, and has nothing to do with this discussion.

If Nancy Grace has viewers, then it's their business how they use their time. (you know, rights and all.)

• Like 2

I agree. It's hard for me to believe this soft spoken likable girl committed such a brutal hateful act. But she did. Scary. Anybody have a theory for why she took the photos?

Since I`ve been viewing this case,it was said Joni`s hobby was a photoapher, her and Tarvis were into kinky sex, theres nudity pictures in the camera that day right before she killed him. Joni said he worked hard to get his body in top form before his trip with this another girl and he wanted Joni to take pictures of his new body in the shower that would give his body a nice look with the water. Joni said the knife he used to cut the rope that he used to tie her up in the kinky sex was also in the bathroom.

• Like 1

How are ya feeling today? Do you still think the prosecutor is doing a professional job?

slight headache but to answer you question since i dont wanna leave the thread without answering it, i think hes doing the best he can given the type of individual arias is, shes calculated cold and very manipulative so you have to work your case around it so the person on trial isnt the one controlling how you do your work, its a tough job glad im not a prosecuter id have probably thrown her through a wall by now. howveer i think hes doing a fine job destroying her credibility and showing the jury just how much this woman can lie through her teeth with a smile. however the more and more i think about the case the less and less i feel she will get the death penalty, she rightfully deserves death imo but it probably wont happen.

doc there was no rope.... edit: cause im a dummy. there be rope.

Edited by Iron_Lotus

As I mention before-Jodi did killed travis but how, like some say if you go by the timeline in the camera found in the wash machine of the last photo of travis alive 5.29and the photo of her dragging his body at 5,31 doesnt make sense of how he got out into the hall way.Also it looks like the shooting took place at the sink where they found the bullit shell. The blood in the sink appears he was standing at the sink. Maybe she placed some of his blood in the hall way to back up her story she shot him while he was chasing her down the hall way.

http://jodiariasisin...arias-innocent/

I do wish the proscuter would more into the actual killing of travis, then all this sex talk of Joni`s life. When it comes down to prove the killing was premeditated or self defence

qoute-doc there was no rope.

The defence showed a picture of small peice of rope .

Detective Flores says pieces of rope were found on the staircase, bedroom and bathroom.

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1

oops corrected was on a thread too far back my apologies there were small piece of rope found and presented you are right. oi gotta stop having 10 pages open on my browser at once. either way sub/dom roleplaying is fairly common so i dont really see the point in its discussion.

edit: alright stepping out now if anyone wants to discuss some points in the case feel free to msg me imma leave now and bang my head against the wall for a few minutes for the stupid mistake lol

Edited by Iron_Lotus

Who are you with the name calling? You took personal offence because Lotus and I had a meeting of the minds, and then you called me desperate because I can't show you a video tape of the murder in progress.

And who the heck gives a fig newton about Nancy Grace? That's your beef with Nancy Grace, and has nothing to do with this discussion.

If Nancy Grace has viewers, then it's their business how they use their time. (you know, rights and all.)

What name did I call? Using a phrase like armchair prosecutors? That's not name calling that's describing and I'm not referring to anyone here in particular but nearly the entire population of affixed Nancy Grace watchers. I'm not getting personal here and there's no reason for you to, so please calm down. Good grief!

Nancy (dis)Grace is precisely why people have such strong opinions about court trials like this one and why they get them so notoriously WRONG. Her record of guilty until proven innocent has been a disaster. Just share her shameful Wiki page so friends know what they're wasting their time on.

I also didn't imply and sure didn't state that people don't have a right to watch TV, or waste their time getting the presumption of innocence ack basswards. They should be corrected for their errors wherever they're found however. Romble romble romble she's guilty guilty guilty of exactly whatever you think she is? Please come down off that cross we could use the wood. The trial isn't over yet and she's innocent until proven guilty. Grovel with it. I will.

"Hot like a 12-year old".

*pukes*

Edited by Yamato
  • Like 1

Travis was no completely innocent victim. I believe he destroyed an already damaged woman. Too bad he wasn't kind to her. Still he didn't deserve to be murdered. She killed him and needs to be in jail the rest of her life.

BOMBSHELL!!!! I do not watch Nancy Grace. She is an idiot.

Yeah that's what I said back on page 1 or 2. He didn't deserve to be murdered; I mean that's kinda the understatement of the century here but him being the kind of person he was is going to weigh on the jury in a trial like this. Maybe it should. It's arguable whether character should determine doubt. It certainly determines guilt, so I think that it's perfectly valid in love and war.

I watched Nancy's clown show one time in recent years and that was last week where she was playing the sex tapes - on a loop. And she kept repeating the same question over and over again. "What does airing this sex tape prove?!!" I had to answer her like seven times in 45 minutes: It proves it's great for your ratings, Nancy. Flashing all those glamor shots of Arias again and again and again and again. And we wonder why people are so disjointed and uncomfortable and ready to puke at the sight of this girl. It's a dog and pony show for the masses and I see right through it for what it is.

• Like 2

Excuse me, cousins. Why is this case garnering so much attention? I've read US media reports and the Wikipedia entry but there's no hint for me as to why this case in particular should hog the headlines. Seems a bit like a soap opera, if you'll forgive me for saying.

*clueless and curious*

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 3

What name did I call? Using a phrase like armchair prosecutors? That's not name calling that's describing and I'm not referring to anyone here in particular but nearly the entire population of affixed Nancy Grace watchers. I'm not getting personal here and there's no reason for you to, so please calm down. Good grief!

When you say "armchair PROSECUTORS", it insinuates that you're referring to anyone with an opinion of guilt.

And whether I'm calm or not is none of your business.

This is REAL life, with a REAL victim, and Arias is the REAL killer.

I can only wonder if you'd take the same position if it were your loved one Arias shot in the head, stabbed repeatedly, nearly decapitated, and would have left in that shower stall indefinitely.

I haven't yet figured out how to add to someones post, or add it to mine... which ever. I find you all very interesting and glad I found this site....I have a question.... Does the state have to prove premeditation? Or does it have to DISPROVE self defense?? I am really new to trials.. but find this case very addictive!

That is for 1st degree murder. I think I understand she could also receive lesser..

Edited by missterri
  • Like 1

Excuse me, cousins. Why is this case garnering so much attention? I've read US media reports and the Wikipedia entry but there's no hint for me as to why this case in particular should hog the headlines. Seems a bit like a soap opera, if you'll forgive me for saying.

*clueless and curious*

BINGO! Havnt you noticed how popular soap operas are?? It has EVERYTHING.. sex, tragedy, suspense, murder, love, hate.. etc etc.. Real Life that is stranger than fiction....It is sell-able.. so the networks are capitalizing on it, of course. Although I started out watching thinking I wanted to LEARN more about our justice system, I admit I have become HOOKED on what will happen next in the "story"....

ps.. guess i figured it out how to add.. whoop!

Edited by missterri
  • Like 1

Since I`ve been viewing this case,it was said Joni`s hobby was a photoapher, her and Tarvis were into kinky sex, theres nudity pictures in the camera that day right before she killed him. Joni said he worked hard to get his body in top form before his trip with this another girl and he wanted Joni to take pictures of his new body in the shower that would give his body a nice look with the water. Joni said the knife he used to cut the rope that he used to tie her up in the kinky sex was also in the bathroom.

Thank you! I did not know where the knife came from.

slight headache but to answer you question since i dont wanna leave the thread without answering it, i think hes doing the best he can given the type of individual arias is, shes calculated cold and very manipulative so you have to work your case around it so the person on trial isnt the one controlling how you do your work, its a tough job glad im not a prosecuter id have probably thrown her through a wall by now. howveer i think hes doing a fine job destroying her credibility and showing the jury just how much this woman can lie through her teeth with a smile. however the more and more i think about the case the less and less i feel she will get the death penalty, she rightfully deserves death imo but it probably wont happen.

doc there was no rope.... edit: cause im a dummy. there be rope.

Hope you don't go. I went to WS today and it's has a lot of people posting snide juvenile remarks but not a lot of people with thoughtful questions nor possible answers. I don't think she will get the death penalty either. I fear the prosecutor, by his treatment of her, has made her a more sympathetic character to even one juror. I wish he were more polite so her lies and manipulations would be easier to see.

*clueless and curious*

I can't speak to why everybody else is interested in this case but I'm interested in WHY she viciously murdered a man like she did. What went on in her head? What did she think Travis did to her that justifies what she did to him? I'm ready to say that I think it was premeditated now. Did she really think she would get away with this? Is she a psychopath/sociopath? She does have some characteristics of one.

• Like 1

I haven't yet figured out how to add to someones post, or add it to mine... which ever. I find you all very interesting and glad I found this site....I have a question.... Does the state have to prove premeditation? Or does it have to DISPROVE self defense?? I am really new to trials.. but find this case very addictive!

That is for 1st degree murder. I think I understand she could also receive lesser..

I believe the state has to prove premeditation for it to be 1st degree murder. The confusing part for me is that premeditation can occur in as little as a few seconds. If she can prove self defense, I believe she can be acquitted. But that's not gonna happen here.

When you say "armchair PROSECUTORS", it insinuates that you're referring to anyone with an opinion of guilt.

And whether I'm calm or not is none of your business.

This is REAL life, with a REAL victim, and Arias is the REAL killer.

I can only wonder if you'd take the same position if it were your loved one Arias shot in the head, stabbed repeatedly, nearly decapitated, and would have left in that shower stall indefinitely.

Now you've got it right. It's a statement made about a universal group of people, highly correlated to Nancy Grace viewers to be sure. Yes, people ARE guilty of rushing to judgment and violating presumption of innocence, yes. I take Due Process very seriously as that is our rule of law, and thankfully so. That's a very big deal when REAL life is concerned. This is about more than the life and death of one person regi, and we seem a bit too eager to double down on the death side of things, jmho of course.

I can't speak to why everybody else is interested in this case but I'm interested in WHY she viciously murdered a man like she did. What went on in her head? What did she think Travis did to her that justifies what she did to him? I'm ready to say that I think it was premeditated now. Did she really think she would get away with this? Is she a psychopath/sociopath? She does have some characteristics of one.

That was my interest to, how this soft spoken girl could have done such a horriable thing. The weapons ,so far they don`nt have the gun.Jodi said on the stand the gun she used was Travis`s gun in his closet, that she threw in the dessert after the defence killing. Friends say Travis never own a gun. There a gun that was stolen from Jodi grandmothers house that they say was the same type gun that killed travis.The knife was in the dishwasher,wash and cleaned. The only proof they have of Jodi being there is the bloody hand print, hers hairs and the photos found in the camera that were in the washer machine dated June 4, the day he was killed. Jodi does admit she killed travis in self defence, with his gun. but how the defence is going to prove that is beyond me.,with no gun as the evidence and to who`s gun it was. To prove premeditation, the proscution has to prove she brought that gun of her grandmothers with her.`Im not sure, but I don`t think they have found that gun of yet.

Thank you for your replies, cousins! :)

I was thinking that I had missed something e.g. the guy was famous in some way, but i can see now it's just one of those cases which has all the ingredients that the media, and ourselves, love and they have latched onto it.

I hope you don't think I was having a shot at anyones interest in the case; if it's covered so widely and intensely it's natural in my opinion to have a look-see and form an opinion. A bit hard to avoid, in fact. I just hope the woman gets a fair and honest judgement that hasn't been influenced by public opinion. We all deserve that, no matter the crime.

Then there may be the truth of what really happen,some say Jodi was really angey travis was not taking her on the trip, but was going with another girl in two days , she just started stabbing him in the shower and as he ran out kept stabbing him in the back and down the hall, where she cut his throat , then dragged his body back into the bath room ,where she ran got the gun that she was planning to kill him with and shot him.The photos does show him alive in the shower at 5.29 and of her holding his inguire body at 5.31, as some pointed out it is possiable she could have stabbed him 27 times in that time frame.

• Like 1

Thank you for your replies, cousins! :)

I was thinking that I had missed something e.g. the guy was famous in some way, but i can see now it's just one of those cases which has all the ingredients that the media, and ourselves, love and they have latched onto it.

I hope you don't think I was having a shot at anyones interest in the case; if it's covered so widely and intensely it's natural in my opinion to have a look-see and form an opinion. A bit hard to avoid, in fact. I just hope the woman gets a fair and honest judgement that hasn't been influenced by public opinion. We all deserve that, no matter the crime.

It's a legitimate concern under the circumstances. Unfortunately THIS (see the link below) is what Americans are being fed, for an hour a day, on prime time cable television. And I would be underestimating it to say it was only one hour a day, because the hour before Nancy Grace is fixated on the exact same thing. I hope you can view the video but if not, take my word, fair and balanced it ain't. I'll be a little bit kind to Nancy Grace here though and I won't air any of her despicable obsession with the Duke University Lacrosse rapists...errr....nice young gentlemen.

It's a legitimate concern under the circumstances. Unfortunately THIS (see the link below) is what Americans are being fed, for an hour a day, on prime time cable television. And I would be underestimating it to say it was only one hour a day, because the hour before Nancy Grace is fixated on the exact same thing. I hope you can view the video but if not, take my word, fair and balanced it ain't.

Thank you.. I'll view it later.

Is the Jury not locked away in a nice hotel without access to media that could influence them? (Excuse my ignorance)