Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sclia says the right to vote equals

Ryinrea

arrow3.gifView: Justice Antonin Scalia suggested that the continuation of Section 5 of the Voting Rights Act represented the "perpetuation of racial entitlement," saying that lawmakers had only voted to renew the act in 2006 because there wasn't anything to be gained politically from voting against it. "Whenever a society adopts racial entitlements, it is very difficult to get out of them through the normal political processes," Scalia said during oral argument in Shelby County v. Holder.

Scalia is a jack ass who does not deserve to be on the the supreme court. He equals the right to vote to race entitlement just because the blacks pushed for this act to be put in place.,, Everyone has the right to vote and not be singled out just because of their elderly, race or their background history its in the freaking Constitution of America. Its proven that we need laws in place down south since things have not changed by much. We still have the KKK running wild down in Splendora Texas... .

Edited by Ryinrea
  • Like 1

arrow3.gifView: Justice Antonin Scalia suggested that the continuation of Section 5 of the Voting Rights Act represented the "perpetuation of racial entitlement," saying that lawmakers had only voted to renew the act in 2006 because there wasn't anything to be gained politically from voting against it. "Whenever a society adopts racial entitlements, it is very difficult to get out of them through the normal political processes," Scalia said during oral argument in Shelby County v. Holder.

Scalia is a jack ass who does not deserve to be on the the supreme court. He equals the right to vote to race entitlement just because the blacks pushed for this act to be put in place.,, Everyone has the right to vote and not be singled out just because of their elderly, race or their background history its in the freaking Constitution of America. Its proven that we need laws in place down south since things have not changed by much. We still have the KKK running wild down in Splendora Texas... .

In 2006, the United States Commission on Civil Rights reviewed the Justice Department Preclearance record and found that the percentage of DOJ objections to submitted changes has declined markedly throughout the 40-year period of the Act: from 5.5 percent in the first period to 1.2 percent in the second, and to 0.6 percent in the third. Over the 10 years prior to the review, the overall objection rate was so low as to be practically negligible, at less than 0.1 percent.

Since the objection rate is now less than 0.1 percent what service does this section provide?

• Like 1

We still have the KKK running wild down in Splendora Texas... .

so what is wrong with that? it is perfectly legal. new black panthers poster of GZ dead or alive however is not. don't see you complain about that

• Like 1

I will soon be a minority so I support this.

• Like 1

KKK is barely an cult in the South, you only see a few of them every once and a while. They are the odd-balls out of the bunch and not the mainstream. You can live your whole life in the south and not a single KKK member. Just like Nazi culture in Germany. It is sad there are people out there that decides to lump a whole group of people into one class that is based off racial segregation and hate mongering group that is only alive by a thread today, by doing so, you are effectively becoming what you hate. You are treating us southerns poorly, based off an false image and stereotyping us in a way that is unfair. What are you? An high school teenager? Grow the hell up before you post again, I don't appreciate offensive posts.

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 3

Since the objection rate is now less than 0.1 percent what service does this section provide?

that's why it's 0.1 percent. Can you imagine what would happen if it had not existed for 40 years?

Such an argument can be made for many laws. Say murder declines to near 0. Should we do away with murder laws?

so what is wrong with that? it is perfectly legal.

you're not seriously asking what's wrong with the KKK?

that's why it's 0.1 percent. Can you imagine what would happen if it had not existed for 40 years?

Such an argument can be made for many laws. Say murder declines to near 0. Should we do away with murder laws?

I'm not sure there is a federal "murder" law. I think that is usually handled by the states. But if there is I'm sure it applies to all states. Section 5 should either be broadened to include all states or done away with.

Edited by Bama13
  • Like 3

you're not seriously asking what's wrong with the KKK?

Nothing worse than the Black Panthers or New Black Panthers. Both are wrong in my opinion, but both are legal organizations.

• Like 1

I'm not sure there is a federal "murder" law. I think that is usually handled by the states. But if there is I'm sure it applies to all states. Section 5 should either be broadened to include all states or done away with.

fine. fine. Let's do it your way. Suppose 100 years from now there are no wars anywhere in the world. Should we stop having a military or keep it just in case?

fine. fine. Let's do it your way. Suppose 100 years from now there are no wars anywhere in the world. Should we stop having a military or keep it just in case?

After reading a bit about this section I have to agree with Bama 13. It seems to only be about the use of redistricting to somehow damage the voting rights of minority races or members of minority language communities. Why should such rules only pertain to a few states? They should cover all or none. And I can echo the sentiments on the illustrious knights of the K3 they are a bad joke these days. When I was a child in the '60s in Alabama they weren't a source of fear but they were shunned as being ignorant and evil in my community.

And then, its because these are known areas that discrimated agingst people for thier race. Just like Syona said thier county; has not changed in last year sorry for the late reply everyone. The county thats asked the sumpre court is were three little girls were killed in a church by a bomb.

To the person, who said the KKK was a cult

Your a fool, if you think the KKK is a cult and not a hate group.

Federal Murder Laws apply when it occurs on Federal property or against a Federal agent for starters. Something about jurisdiction. Timothy Mcveigh was convicted

The 11 charges against McVeigh included conspiracy to use a weapon of mass destruction, use of such a weapon, destruction of a federal property by explosives, and first degree murder for the deaths of eight federal law enforcement agents working in the building.

McVeigh faces the death penalty for the conviction.

KKK is barely an cult in the South, you only see a few of them every once and a while. They are the odd-balls out of the bunch and not the mainstream. You can live your whole life in the south and not a single KKK member. Just like Nazi culture in Germany. It is sad there are people out there that decides to lump a whole group of people into one class that is based off racial segregation and hate mongering group that is only alive by a thread today, by doing so, you are effectively becoming what you hate. You are treating us southerns poorly, based off an false image and stereotyping us in a way that is unfair. What are you? An high school teenager? Grow the hell up before you post again, I don't appreciate offensive posts.

Agreed. My state can go North/South depending what part of the state you're in. Where I'm from I'm considered a Northerner* and I don't think that of the South. I dislike stereotypes. So there's some "bad apples" in the group. Doesn't mean the rest of them are! Just because I'm mostly German doesn't mean I support the Nazis.

When you judge a group of people just based on a few "bad apples" just makes you look like you don't your facts.

And then, its because these are known areas that discrimated agingst people for thier race. Just like Syona said thier county; has not changed in last year sorry for the late reply everyone. The county thats asked the sumpre court is were three little girls were killed in a church by a bomb.

To the person, who said the KKK was a cult

Your a fool, if you think the KKK is a cult and not a hate group.

That bombing was 60 years ago. Maybe we should outlaw all Japanese products because they bombed Pearl Harbor. Maybe we should outlaw all English products because they burned the White House. Or we can move past these atrocities into the modern world.

0.1 percent is a statistically insignificant reason to keep something.