Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is the quality of police dropping for agenda

The Silver Thong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1TjAC7dBqc

Are police requirements being reduced to the point they just follow orders. Ya Ya youtube big deal whats your opinion. Mine is they will hire people that for a pay check will do what ever they are told no matter the law.

I don't think it's being done for an agenda, but rather as a requirement. I see the standards dropping for many jobs, and I believe the reason for the drops is to cope with the drop in the "quality" of our current generation/workforce. For whatever reason, I find that people these days are lazier and more apathetic than previously, and as a result, fewer people can meet previous standards. Since fewer people can meet those standards, and the standards are in turn dropped in order to still have a large enough pool of potential employees.

• Like 1

I don't think it's being done for an agenda, but rather as a requirement. I see the standards dropping for many jobs, and I believe the reason for the drops is to cope with the drop in the "quality" of our current generation/workforce. For whatever reason, I find that people these days are lazier and more apathetic than previously, and as a result, fewer people can meet previous standards. Since fewer people can meet those standards, and the standards are in turn dropped in order to still have a large enough pool of potential employees.

A job such as a police officer that can bring false charges against someone backed by the worlds largest gang that infringes on rights of citizens is ok. A cop can point a finger or break the law and does so because they are told at best a suspension with pay will be the punishment. How does a citizen protect themselves from the gang called police. They can`t.

How does one protect against the police. Cop killing will be on the rise in massive numbers I see in the not so far future. I should be alloowed to make an arrest against a cop when I see one breaking the law, no or at least intervine and film there crime.

Oh and intervine the cops now may say is filming there crime from across the street.

Edited by The Silver Thong
  • Like 1

I don't think it's being done for an agenda, but rather as a requirement.

At least you admite it. The agenda is so that cops only think about themselves and a steady government paycheck. Requirement is that working for the government will be like working for a welfare check. Control the people and you may get the carrot.

At least you admite it. The agenda is so that cops only think about themselves and a steady government paycheck. Requirement is that working for the government will be like working for a welfare check. Control the people and you may get the carrot.

No, that is not what I said. I don't think the standards were lowered based on a specific agenda. I think it was lowered as a requirement to keep the manning at the required levels.

No, that is not what I said. I don't think the standards were lowered based on a specific agenda. I think it was lowered as a requirement to keep the manning at the required levels.

Given that such at one time was a renowed and respected position. It no longer is. A cop by most is no better then a garbage man. Yet given the power to do as they will, police today need to be learning ethics and the law not how to tase a person if there gang feels threatened. Cops use and abuse there power daily and we all know it. I should be able to arrest a cop breaking the law no.

Agreed.

It does make me ask though do we really want every police officer to act more like a lawyer but less then a mob enforcer? Seriously can you actually imagine a lawyer trying to take down a criminal in a physical confrontation without violence.... Actually lets not imagine it lets try to make it scientific study. Take all the lawyers and police officers and just switch their jobs. (We can make it a new reality show.... I'd watch it)

I thought you could get cops arrested, just subdue them and be sure to call a different agency, and the media, to keep it honest. It's not like the mob wouldn't kill somebody who would interfere with their achievements, and if they aren't part of the mob well then the normal system of getting fired, then prison would work as well.

• Like 1

I am working towards becoming a Police Officer,because I want to help people and protect those who cant/are unable to protect them selves. Also to help create a safe community to raise my son in. For every police officer making a fool of them selves on youtube there is a good cop doing there duty.

• Like 3

A job such as a police officer that can bring false charges against someone backed by the worlds largest gang that infringes on rights of citizens is ok. A cop can point a finger or break the law and does so because they are told at best a suspension with pay will be the punishment. How does a citizen protect themselves from the gang called police. They can`t.

That is a blatantly false generalized statement.

No matter what institution, public(police, politicians) or private(including street gangs), exhibits ego-centric behavior from time-to-time.

I respect law-enforcement as a "whole" concept. I further respect those who have the guts to say 'This is wrong ! , public or private, and changes need to be made."

I most respect those whom offer suggestions on actual changes, as opposed to just complaining about it(which I confess I am guilty of myself)

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

Or perhaps we seem to have a lower quality of workforce because we have lower standards in education combined with lack of parentel supervision due to the (near) requirement of a two income family?

I must also say that while there obviously are some police that shouldn't have the job, the vast majority are upstanding patient people who aren't out to charge you falsely and ruin your life just because they can. What happened silver thong, you get a ticket on the way to work this morning?

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

Its an Industry married with Corrections for city/county revenues. A well armed one.

Neighborhood policing was a great idea we never followed up on or made a true effort at and instead went for the gestapo force we witness today.

Or perhaps we seem to have a lower quality of workforce because we have lower standards in education combined with lack of parentel supervision due to the (near) requirement of a two income family?

I do think that that is indeed the case. I do not deny it.

How does one protect against the police. Cop killing will be on the rise in massive numbers I see in the not so far future. I should be alloowed to make an arrest against a cop when I see one breaking the law, no or at least intervine and film there crime.

Oh and intervine the cops now may say is filming there crime from across the street.

Police officers arrest people, DA's file charges.

Citizens arrests are permitted in every state except N Carolina (which is funny because I remember an episode of Andy Griffith where Gomer (or Goober) made a citizens arrest).

• Like 1

I dont think cops should be allowed to play violent video games.

Nor DA's should be allowed to have opinions. Judges make the opinionated decisions in courtrooms. Prosecutors should be accountable when they lie for the sake of a conviction and put obviously innocent people behind bars because they can. They should stick to the facts and not everyone has to have the goal of being a career politician by excelling at conviction rates. Get real.

I am working towards becoming a Police Officer,because I want to help people and protect those who cant/are unable to protect them selves. Also to help create a safe community to raise my son in. For every police officer making a fool of them selves on youtube there is a good cop doing there duty.

I want to become a police officer. Been told my heart is in the right place, but sadly those who are current established don't want to protect the people, they want to game the people in my birth town. It ticks me off that the place I grew up in, has corrupt officers who are willing to destroy families and lives to make themselves look good. I know better, my family was torn apart by police and I want to correct the system. District Attorney has a grudge against my family, she intervene numerous times on dropped charges to bring them back up and prosecute my father.

Edited by Uncle Sam

That is a blatantly false generalized statement.

No matter what institution, public(police, politicians) or private(including street gangs), exhibits ego-centric behavior from time-to-time.

I respect law-enforcement as a "whole" concept. I further respect those who have the guts to say 'This is wrong ! , public or private, and changes need to be made."

I most respect those whom offer suggestions on actual changes, as opposed to just complaining about it(which I confess I am guilty of myself)

Bankers especially the Big Bankers are fine upstanding citizens looking after our vast wealth resources for us. There are good cops sure. But the bad apples get all the publicity and thats the side we see. Also the Blue Wall of Silence is a real thing.

I want to become a police officer. Been told my heart is in the right place, but sadly those who are current established don't want to protect the people, they want to game the people in my birth town. It ticks me off that the place I grew up in, has corrupt officers who are willing to destroy families and lives to make themselves look good. I know better, my family was torn apart by police and I want to correct the system. District Attorney has a grudge against my family, she intervene numerous times on dropped charges to bring them back up and prosecute my father.

That sucks, My goal is to become an OPP Constible, hopefully get a posting in my home area.

I find that people these days are lazier and more apathetic than previously

you noticed that too....