Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jodi Arias Trial

docyabut2

Well, first off, I think a minute can be a long time, and that a lot can happen within a single minute.

There's almost a full two minutes between the 'sitting, no head/face' photo in the shower, and the photo of Alexander bleeding on the floor, so I certainly think he could have been out of the shower and in the sink area, shot, (high velocity blood pattern on sink) and then have his body on the floor within the time of those photos.

(all speculation, of course.)

It appears to me that the 5:32:16 (Alexander on the floor, bleeding) photo was taken in the bathroom....and that the camera was never ever out of that bathroom area.

I know there's a question about the casing in the pool of blood which seems to indicate that the blood was there before the casing, but since I know the scene was tampered with, I don't wonder if it could have gotten there some other way.

I'm still studying and contemplating what the scene shows (to me, of course) as far as how events might have precisely occurred.

Regi if you were watching the trial thursday, the prosecuter did show another photo of Travis`s shoulder lying in blood. When he asked Jodi if she agreed that was Travis, she said yes. What puzzles me is how all these photos were taken, after Travis was attacked lying there bleeding. Was she also carring the camera that kept stapping the pictures with her, while she was dagging Travis body around?

Edited by docyabut2

OMG. That would take it out of the realm of "rage killing" and into cold premeditated torture/murder. She would be taunting him all the while.

I've also wondered if there was taunting because those photos appear odd, and I seem to remember Arias stating that Alexander "didn't like his picture taken when he was in the shower", and I don't remember where I heard that, but still, I wonder if that could be the actual reason for those shower photos.

Consider too, that by the time those photos started, Arias had been packed up for hours, and Alexander- as far as can be determined- appeared to be gone about his day....tending to his e-mail and showering. I don't know what his plans were for the rest of the day...

Regardless of the reason for the photos, I can't think of a more vulnerable position than one in which I'm naked.

Edited by regi
  • Like 1

The victim's body is the evidence. Those injuries can't be disputed and they don't occur in any other way but in a rage.

That's what rage looks like on a murder victim's body. That's not self defense, no way, no how.Reading through this discussion, I see a lot of comments regarding "what indicates rage." I read a book a while bak regarding a rage killing in which forty-nine stabs had been delivered. The author requested that the reader take a pillow, stand above it and give it forty-nine full force blows. I think I made it to twelve. OK. add anger... might take you to five more blows before a normal person is really tired. In this case, although not all of the blows were received full-force, even if you buy the defense theory, that she was frightened, would mean the were delivered with full force.. It would take rage to reach twenty-nine and then shoot, drag, position, wash up, etc.

Have you ever been picked on by somebody you couldn't fight over a long period of time.

Why are arguments with your family usually bigger?

The pillow itself didn't provoke you in any way. I could only hit the pillow once thinking what I was doing was wrong(Making the active choice to do it was a lot harder then stopping simply because I wasn't in a rage or angry at the pillow). If you could hit it 12 times...... maybe you actually have the tendency to be a sadist or some repressed anger just waiting to come out.

This is why you can tell a lot about a person when they bump in to furniture by accident. If they stub their toe on the couch and beat the living stuffing out of it you might want to reconsider being near that person when something bad happens.

Edited by Jinxdom
  • Like 1

Regi if you were watching the trial thursday, the prosecuter did show another photo of Travis`s shoulder lying in blood. When he asked Jodi if she agreed that was Travis, she said yes. What puzzles me is how all these photos were taken, after Travis was attacked lying there bleeding. Was she also carring the camera that kept stapping the pictures with her, while she was dagging Travis body around?

Is there anyway that Jodi didn't put Travis in the shower? That he went there himself and collapsed.

I've also wondered if there was taunting because those photos appear odd, and I seem to remember Arias stating that Alexander "didn't like his picture taken when he was in the shower", and I don't remember where I heard that, but still, I wonder if that could be the actual reason for those shower photos.

Consider too, that by the time those photos started, Arias had been packed up for hours, and Alexander- as far as can be determined- appeared to be gone about his day....tending to his e-mail and showering. I don't know what his plans were for the rest of the day...

Regardless of the reason for the photos, I can't think of a more vulnerable position than one in which I'm naked.

Ack! Most of my theories are crumbling in the face of evidence and common sense :(

Regi I just watch the court room session over again because I recorded it, and the list you gave only states Exhibit # 163 timestamped @ 5:33:13, was a blood-smeared baseboard ,However Exhibit# 163 in the courtroom shows the shoulder of Tavis and blood on the floor. Exhibit# 162 is of Jodi foot and of her dragging Travis.

Well, the 5:32:16 photo appears to me to be in the bathroom. Was that same tile flooring in the hallway?

I'd imagine that the camera must have been on a timer mode.

Is there anyway that Jodi didn't put Travis in the shower? That he went there himself and collapsed.

I think she placed him there to wash away her own DNA.

• Like 2

Regi I just watch the court room session over again because I recorded it, and the list you gave only states Exhibit # 163 timestamped @ 5:33:13, was a blood-smeared baseboard ,However Exhibit# 163 in the courtroom shows the shoulder of Tavis and blood on the floor. Exhibit# 162 is of Jodi foot and of her dragging Travis.

Did I goof? I got it from a site that I trust has accurate info., so I probably copied it down wrong. :whistle: Anyway, Sorry about that.

What I'm confused me, though, is that I haven't seen any other photo. I mean, the 'dragging' photo was what I thought was the same as the 'shoulder' photo. :unsure2:

What day of the trial was that? I'll go back and try to find it.

Edited by regi

Totally agree, regi. Overkill at its finest. A jealous, psychotic frenzy from a woman who lives in her own little world and believes she does not have to be accountable for her own actions. If there was any truth at all to the self defense crap (doubtful) she could have stabbed him, say, 15 times and then when he was down, run like the wind. AND call the police. But no, left him dead and decomposing and thinking she could just say, "I wasn't there."

Autopsy report: http://cnninsession....avisautopsy.pdf

Dr. Horn testified that he believed the gunshot was after death. Maybe Arias didn't realise he was already dead and was tired of waiting for him to die and shot him. Maybe she had already decided on version 1 with version 2 as a backup and thought the gunshot was needed for her stories. She is either to stupid to realize that law enforcement can figure this stuff out or thinks she can get away with anything.

Thanks so much for that autopsy report!

Yes, I knew that was Horn's interpretation. I haven't read the entire report, but this one comment leaves room for doubt in my mind.... "Examination of the brain tissue is somewhat limited by the decomposed nature of the remains."

That comment causes me to wonder how likely is it that the tissue actually did show hemorrhage before the certain state of decomp. seen at autopsy.

I don't know if Horn was asked about that at trial, and well, heck if I know how likely it would be!

I do think that Alexander was SOMEHOW incapacitated during the knife attack. Also, I think there was an element of surprise, no matter how the attack began.

Re: Arias leaving Alexander's body there, she made her intention very clear just by locking his bedroom door.

She locked his door behind her, and was contented to go on her merry way, and certainly would have continued to as we now see she's doing anything she can to trash all that's left of the man whose life she took...his memory.

She's as cold as ice, and she scares the heck out of me, and should scare the heck out of anybody!

As far as Arias' motive, I think more than anything, Arias wanted what she thought Alexander could offer her, and she saw that it wasn't gonna be her...that he was gonna on without her, no matter what she did to try and please him. I think that could have been enough for Arias.

The thing is, people like Arias don't need much of a motive.

• Like 2

Re: the shower photos, it's my understanding that:

Exhibit # 159 is timestamped @ 5:29:20, showing Alexander sitting in the shower, looking toward the camera.

Exhibit # 160 is timestamped @ 5:30:30, showing Alexander still sitting, but his head/face isn't shown.

Exhibit # 161 is timestamped @ 5:31:14, is of the bathroom ceiling, and the camera appears to be either in motion, or out of focus because there's blur in the photo.

Exhibit # 162 is timestamped @ 5:32:16, shows Alexander on the floor, bleeding.

Exhibit # 163 is timestamped @ 5:33:13, shows a blood-smeared baseboard.

When I look at all of the shower photos (16 showing Alexander alive and began @ 5:22:24), I see that on average, there's 3 photos per minute, except that when we get to the 'sitting/facing, sitting head/face not shown' photos, there's over a minute between the two.

Exhibit's # 161- 163, the 'unintentional' photos, show a pattern of 1 per minute.

Well, obviously she took the pictures with her 3rd hand in the middle of all that. Wonder Woman and GI Joe would be impressed.

• Like 1

Just as you cherry-pick what you are going to believe and then express that opinion to the forum. Just as we all do. Regi is stating her opinion based on what she has read, seen, heard. Just as we all do. Whether we chose to take regi's opinion as part of our own, is our choice and we have the freedom to do so. Just because someone (not regi) believes that their opinion is the best and most right doesn't mean we have to give up our opinion and 100% accept someones else's. I think you confuse discussion with arguing.

What did I say I don't believe, other than this bullying rush to judgment? On the contrary, I haven't discounted the slightest solitary thing. I'll believe the totality of the evidence and then weigh my judgment on whether or not she has been proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt as is every juror's duty in that courtroom. I think you confuse debate with discussion. I'm not here to rub bellies and make wishes. I'm here to suggest she's not proven guilty yet and that was enough to light some serious fires under you folks.

I confess. When did she cut his throat, is something I haven't given much thought to. It's an important part of the puzzle too. I'm going to have to think about this. The one thing that really doesn't make sense to me is why did she drag the body back into the shower? Was there too much blood and she wanted it to go down the drain? Why would that matter to her?

Blood splatter in front of the sink...something happened that caused blood splatter. A sliced artery on a neck would do it, among other things.

Dead link. So why not discuss it? Where's her boyfriend at? Does she even have a boyfriend? Where is ANYONE ELSE that's close to Jodi Arias at? I'm not playing gotcha here I'm asking out of good faith for the prosecution of the accused. And I don't watch TV and don't have a million tidbits that can be drawn upon to find a way to prove this case one way or the other. I have a profession and so I simply do not have the time to allocate to the alluring sex and celebrity that this case has deliberately been devolved into.

Tidbits aside I'm back to the big picture again: The evidence to convict her imho must come from a source other than the horse's mouth. We're spending so much time on these timestamps that could have been manipulated....take the sim card out, drown the camera until its useless, slide the card back in, place it in the washing machine with some wet clothes...oh wow the digital data on the card is still recoverable! derp dee derp.

• Like 1

I am not sure of what the prosecter is trying to prove, he said Travis never left the bath room alive, so what it is he saying that Travis was shot in the bathroom and then Jodi dragged his dead body down the hall way out of the bathroom.So where did all the stabbings take place? Did she dragged his body down the hall to make it looked like she shot him in the hall way like her story claimed, he chase her down the hall way and then he shot him or what? If that what she was trying to stage,why would she placed his body back in the bathroom shower where is body was found all stabbed after the shooting? Can anyone figure out what in the heck happen?

• Like 1

Hey, boos2u, I don't know why, but those links to Huffington Post articles are a pain in the watoosie. :lol: Your effort to post that link is appreciated. :tu:

Of course, if anyone's interested in being informed about any aspect of the case, there's tons of info. available just by googling it. It's NOT hard to find....

This particular article is offered after googling huffington post 2442048.

Actually, there's already been mention of "potential romantic interest" Ryan Burns- and his testimony- in this thread.

• Like 2

I need to finish this experiment and now link it to the case.

The pillow itself didn't provoke you in any way. I could only hit the pillow once thinking what I was doing was wrong(Making the active choice to do it was a lot harder then stopping simply because I wasn't in a rage or angry at the pillow). If you could hit it 12 times...... maybe you actually have the tendency to be a sadist or some repressed anger just waiting to come out.

I'm going to show you how premeditation can be misleading.

First I'm going to say that I made the decision to destroy the chair last night and I wanted to show how people react to certain things. Since I have no tolerance to general stupidity. First I redirected all my frustation about the case on to the chair and using that test as a guide and going until I was tired, this is what happened.

First thing I did was let myself go. I stood in front of the chair and started punching it, I ended doing that 9 times before I came to the conclusion that it was pointless, and moved on to a knife, since somebody said that a person in rage can only pass out before 40 or so, First I stabbed the chair 30 times, then pushed it over on it's side stabbed it 27 times, then flipped it again stabbing it on it's right side 30 times, since I missed the bottom I ended up stabbing it 12 times, I dragged the chair from my room and picked up the axe, I went outside closing and locking the door behind me(the door is loose and has a habit of being opened by the cats) Dragged it down 4 steps, accross 75ft until I got in front of the dumpster and proceded to smack it with the axe until it was destroyed.(Which took about 9 swings). Then I put it in the dumpster, then proceded to walk to the store, as if nothing had happened.

Now I did this about 2 hours ago I just got back to from the store I actually feel bad about destorying the chair this way so now I'm confessing to you the jury that I did it. OMFG I did it. (What is funny I do actually feel bad about it lol)

Now am I a raging psychopath who premeditated the murder of that poor defenseless little chair who did nothing wrong but being at the wrong place at the wrong or just a guy who hates the stupidity that is being spewed around this case who has a tendency to be an overachiever and also a prick who has a sarcastic flair? You be the judge. Tata.

Here`s the session of the photos above.

That trial video showed that Exhibit #163 is indeed the 'baseboard' photo.

What did I say I don't believe, other than this bullying rush to judgment? On the contrary, I haven't discounted the slightest solitary thing. I'll believe the totality of the evidence and then weigh my judgment on whether or not she has been proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt as is every juror's duty in that courtroom. I think you confuse debate with discussion. I'm not here to rub bellies and make wishes. I'm here to suggest she's not proven guilty yet and that was enough to light some serious fires under you folks.

Your response just proves my point. Arguing to be arguing. At first, you didn't even seem to accept the FACT that Arias admitted to killing Alexander. You seem ignorant of the facts of the case and expect the rest of us to spoon feed you the information that is readily available. This is not bullying, this is my opinion. "In general, an opinion is a belief about matters commonly considered to be subjective."

• Like 2

That trial video showed that Exhibit #163 is indeed the 'baseboard' photo.

Go to around 11:23in the video the prosectuer states exhibit #163 and then goes on to say to Joni thats Travis agreed, she say yes.

:lol: I'm sure there's a lot of truth in that....

(First, it's great to see you back, booz2u! :clap: I thought you must have thrown up your hands in complete exasperation...Lord knows, I have a time or two, but I didn't lose hope that you'd be back!)

I guess Lotus is gone for good....

Thanks for that info. :tu: I didn't know any of that, and wow, it's certainly interesting. Only a tough defendant who wants/needs total control would attempt to defend themselves, especially in a case like this!

I thought that was just crazy-weird, that Nurmi's specialty is actually defending sex charges! :td: I mean, I know innocent people are sometimes accused and need defense, but to SPECIALIZE in such a thing? :hmm:

Anyway, I didn't think that Arias could have afforded a private attn.

(Btw, I was looking at the police photos from the burglary and noticing the contrast between Alexander's lifestyle and Arias' living situation. It's quite the contrast, not only in the physical environment, but that Alexander was on his own and self supporting, had a good job...direction in his life...you know, just everything in his life was in direct contrast to Arias'.... including their sexual experience according to the sex tape.

Well, there's tons of points that could be made about that tape which totally contradict Arias' all of Arias' allegations against Alexander, and I could go on and on about them, so I'd better save them for another post! :lol: )

Regi!!! :clap: Thanks! (We Southern women are always glad to see each other!) Always great to see your posts. Well thought out and its clear that you are using several resourses to get your information. I just have to spend time doing other things sometimes, like we all do. :yes: You can see by my flurry of posts that I was trying to make up for lost time.

One thing I remember from the trial is that Arias said that Alexander gave her money all the time. They were employed at the same place, I guess he had worked there before her, so he either made more than she did or he managed his money better. Gus Searcy said he gave her a cell phone. I think she used men all of the time for whatever she needed at the time. Gas cans, alibis.

• Like 2