Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rick dyer tent footage, Dead bigfoot.

danbell06

Ok, I'm back now. Did I miss anything?? lol Yeah Ken, the time is getting near and I can't wait to get back out there. I've purchased a new laptop and I'm wanting to get a cell phone sized sound/camera/video recorder. Something with good resolution yet small and discreet.

• Like 2

Ok, I'm back now. Did I miss anything?? lol Yeah Ken, the time is getting near and I can't wait to get back out there. I've purchased a new laptop and I'm wanting to get a cell phone sized sound/camera/video recorder. Something with good resolution yet small and discreet.

Hey! You're back. Funny you should mention cameras, I was just looking at some Police type POV cameras. Something discreet, maybe mount it on my hat and just record while I'm out walking/hiking or Bigfoot hunting. I'm amazed at the quality of the videos......at least the quality of the videos they show. Good to see you back on line Buddy!

I think Bigfoot is quite plausible, but if Rick Dyer (or anyone else) had proof of its existence, it would be all across every news outlet.

Worst part is he basically admits the entire thing to be BS, just to make a few bucks.

Then by doing so perhaps Rick Dyer is the most honest Bigfoot researcher the world has ever seen. Seriously...

• Like 1

Then by doing so perhaps Rick Dyer is the most honest Bigfoot researcher the world has ever seen. Seriously...

Depends on how you would define honest. Does this one moment, more like a slip, of honesty make him an honest person?

Not an honest person per se but by acknowledging that he is a hoaxer he is more honest that all/most other Bigfoot researchers/promoters who gain from deception/shenanigans/storytelling. At least Dyer is upfront about it. We know what he is going to do and yet he does it anyway. In this way is Dyer more or less honest than the folk on Finding Bigfoot or even Meldrum's reality-TV Bigfoot-blimp scheme?

Hey! You're back. Funny you should mention cameras, I was just looking at some Police type POV cameras. Something discreet, maybe mount it on my hat and just record while I'm out walking/hiking or Bigfoot hunting. I'm amazed at the quality of the videos......at least the quality of the videos they show. Good to see you back on line Buddy!

Thanks ol pal, it's good to be back. I was thinking I don't want some device in my face and be pointing it at something. A good, incoginto, recording device that does it all, should be all I need. If I'm right, there's only a small window of opportunity to get the pics I want. 2 weeks maybe.

Sad thing is, it's people like Rick Dyer who keep people like me from coming forward with things they've found. If what I have found is genuine, then I can't risk it being reproduced/hoaxed. But what I can do is, document it to the best of my ability this time around (if I get lucky), and report it to my contact. Getting some forensic evidence would be a nice bonus. Had some last year, but I didn't have a contact and no one would listen to me. This year will hopefully be different than last since I'm better prepared this time around.

Edited by Stardrive

Thanks ol pal, it's good to be back. I was thinking I don't want some device in my face and be pointing it at something. A good, incoginto, recording device that does it all, should be all I need. If I'm right, there's only a small window of opportunity to get the pics I want. 2 weeks maybe.

Sad thing is, it's people like Rick Dyer who keep people like me from coming forward with things they've found. If what I have found is genuine, then I can't risk it being reproduced/hoaxed. But what I can do is, document it to the best of my ability this time around (if I get lucky), and report it to my contact. Getting some forensic evidence would be a nice bonus. Had some last year, but I didn't have a contact and no one would listen to me. This year will hopefully be different than last since I'm better prepared this time around.

It's all a part of the learning process, in areas like this there are rules, pit falls and things to watch out for, just like any other aspect of life. Learning to get through it is a process just like anything else. Hang in there Buddy.

Not an honest person per se but by acknowledging that he is a hoaxer he is more honest that all/most other Bigfoot researchers/promoters who gain from deception/shenanigans/storytelling. At least Dyer is upfront about it. We know what he is going to do and yet he does it anyway. In this way is Dyer more or less honest than the folk on Finding Bigfoot or even Meldrum's reality-TV Bigfoot-blimp scheme?

He pulls hoaxes and goes off on how great a bigfoot hunter he is, but then when push comes to proof, he switches to what a great hoaxer he is.

Honest? No. Egotistical opportunist? Definitely!

Does anyone on the Finding Bigfoot team believe in bigfoot? Is Cliff searching for a creature he sincerely believes is out there? Is Ranae knowingly taking part in a show she knows is nothing more than a hoax on their TV audience?

Edited by QuiteContrary

The Falcon Project is Dust.......History........LOL

37Backers

$11,865pledged of $355,000 goal

0seconds to go

Funding Unsuccessful This project reached the deadline without achieving its funding goal on January 25.

http://www.kickstart...oject?ref=email

But hey, he made $11,000. dollars.......

Ok, back to real stuff.

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 2

A victim of bigfoot politics? ................Who's involved. Who gets credit. Who gets to ride in the chase trailer. What if it's Meldrum who proves bigfoot.

Rather than a lack of potential donors with money.

I would think those involved had some kind of an idea of potential backers who would contribute enough to make it happen.

Was this to be a funding-making internet sensation in the bigfoot world that failed?

Edited by QuiteContrary

But hey, he made $11,000. dollars.......

No so fast bigdaddy. The donors did end up getting something..... I guess..... :lol:

Pledge $20 or more

13 backers

Signed reprint of the ichnotaxonomy of sasquatch footprints paper

Estimated delivery: Feb 2013

• Pledge $35 or more
    2 backers
    Glossy print of 3D scan of a cast from the P-G film site
    Estimated delivery: Mar 2013

• Pledge $50 or more
    5 backers
    T-shirt bearing the Falcon Project Team logo or an official Falcon Project poster
    Estimated delivery: Apr 2013

• Pledge $75 or more
    0 backers
    DVD of Dr. Meldrum’s talk at the Pocatello Bigfoot Rendezvous

• Pledge $100 or more
    1 backer
    Cast of knuckle prints

• Pledge $150 or more
    1 backer
    Paperback copy of Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science, signed by author

• Pledge $300 or more
    3 backers
    Replica cast of footprint with frameable annotation page

• Pledge $1,000 or more
    0 backers
    Replica cast and full sized poster of scientific presentation of the Footprint evidence for the Chinese yeren
    Estimated delivery: Mar 2013

• Pledge $5,000 or more
    0 backers
    Invitation to join the team for 1 week in the field.
    Estimated delivery: Jun 2013

• Pledge $10,000 or more
    1 backer
    Choose from any of the above + a framed image from the first contact
    I couldn't help but notice + a framed image from the first contact. What the ????
    Anyways, ok then, he only made $10,000.00 :lol:

Shouldn't Meldrum simply have refunded the money?

He pulls hoaxes and goes off on how great a bigfoot hunter he is, but then when push comes to proof, he switches to what a great hoaxer he is.

Perhaps "great hoaxer" and "great bigfoot hunter" are not mutually exclusive categories. This is the World of Bigfoot, after all...

Does anyone on the Finding Bigfoot team believe in bigfoot? Is Cliff searching for a creature he sincerely believes is out there? Is Ranae knowingly taking part in a show she knows is nothing more than a hoax on their TV audience?

The point is with these people you just don't know (and could you really believe what they said when it comes to Bigfoot anyway?). Either way Finding Bigfoot strings folk along while laughing all the way to the bank. With Dyer, at least you should know what to expect as he strings folk along while laughing all the way to the bank...

Shouldn't Meldrum simply have refunded the money?

Perhaps "great hoaxer" and "great bigfoot hunter" are not mutually exclusive categories. This is the World of Bigfoot, after all...

The point is with these people you just don't know (and could you really believe what they said when it comes to Bigfoot anyway?). Either way Finding Bigfoot strings folk along while laughing all the way to the bank. With Dyer, at least you should know what to expect as he strings folk along while laughing all the way to the bank...

bolding, mine

Who knows what to expect? Some of us, yes.

But Dyer's got fans, believers, newbies, media....

Blogs, forums, sites are out there, full of those waiting with bated breath to see what he's got and argue about in the interim.

There are always plenty to take the bait. I won't cut him any slack.

Unfortunately, being an admitted lying hoaxer/con is not incompatible with having a following. As is evident in any number of areas inside and outside of the paranormal/cryptid world.

Edited by QuiteContrary

The Falcon Project is Dust.......History........LOL

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!! :cry:

But hey, he made $11,000. dollars......

Probably he can make a lot more selling the concept to the government.

If anyone is considering donating, just send your money to me and I'll see it gets to the right people... :whistle:

Oh, and I'll send you a cast paw print from my dog along with a photo and hair sample.

Hey, at least they're real.

• Like 1

If anyone is considering donating, just send your money to me and I'll see it gets to the right people... :whistle:

Oh, and I'll send you a cast paw print from my dog along with a photo and hair sample.

Hey, at least they're real.

What I don't understand is what makes people like Dyer think there's money to be made perpetrating a hoax? Has anyone really made a buck off that? If so, how? Or is it he mistakenly THINKS there's a buck in it.

The problem with Dyer is that he takes advantage of people that genuinely believe there is such a thing like bigfoot. In my eyes this makes him not only dishonest, but a con-artist or criminal. Nothing honest about that guy.

What I don't understand is what makes people like Dyer think there's money to be made perpetrating a hoax? Has anyone really made a buck off that? If so, how? Or is it he mistakenly THINKS there's a buck in it.

Well he did get at least 10.000,- $ from it plus the 500,- $ a person he gets for organising Big-Foot tours. Seems to me he has a little business going on there, maybe not the big business, but still.....

• Like 1

Are they done?

On hold so they can continue to fleece the believers without actually showing much of anything.

577352_486632944733314_1048348440_n.png

Well he did get at least 10.000,- $ from it plus the 500,- $ a person he gets for organising Big-Foot tours. Seems to me he has a little business going on there, maybe not the big business, but still.....

He got 10g's for the hoax?? How in the ..... never mind, I don't wanna know :lol: $500 a head for BF tours? Who in their right mind would..... never mind, I don't wanna know :lol: Maybe he's chronically unemployable and isn't capable of getting a real job. I'm just having a tough time wrapping my head around how he made money off this.

He got 10g's for the hoax?? How in the ..... never mind, I don't wanna know :lol: $500 a head for BF tours? Who in their right mind would..... never mind, I don't wanna know :lol: Maybe he's chronically unemployable and isn't capable of getting a real job. I'm just having a tough time wrapping my head around how he made money off this.

Wouldn't call him unemployed considering the work he is actually putting into the hoax. Sounds like a job to me.

What I meant was, maybe no one will hire him, so he created a goofy job of his own. I wonder if he'll make over 20K this year? lol