Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

More Ravings from Clark McClelland

JimOberg

please do ellaborate Lilly, I really would like to know what you mean by 'buying said ticket' and also why did McClelland go from science to 'woo wooville'?

um... you know all the stuff he's come out with about NASA Covering up the Truth about Flying Saucers, and his increasingly deluded claims to have been an Astronaut and pivotal part of the Space program...

Surely that would be enough...

@Hazzard

another mystery solved......:)

but 'they' didn't get DBunker...he seems to remember McClelland.... :yes:

lol..wink..

What I mean is that Mr. McClelland is no longer functioning within the parameters of reality. In other words, he's bought into pseudo-scientific thinking, become rather delusional and shows no signs of returning to rational thought.

Just my personal opinion mind you.

um... you know all the stuff he's come out with about NASA Covering up the Truth about Flying Saucers, and his increasingly deluded claims to have been an Astronaut and pivotal part of the Space program...

Surely that would be enough...

but how why???? what is the motivator?

@Hazzard

another mystery solved...... :)

but 'they' didn't get DBunker...he seems to remember McClelland.... :yes:

lol..wink..

lol, wow! didnt realize those things were so specific/accurate

• Like 1

I don't know...perhaps he's simply 'lost it'? (ie, has mental health issues).

As to some of the discussion about remembering names...some people are very good at recalling specific names, others aren't.

sweet was being sarcastic me thinks....although as maybe he has been gotten to....like Hazz :w00t:

I think he's been 'got at' by the MIB thingy......and the sarcasm is all part of it...programmed in :hmm:

:w00t:

• Like 1

Motivator? What's the motivation usually? What's the movation for Richard Hoagland or Steven Greer or any of the others who Know the Truth about Flying Saucers?

Usually they've got a website to promote, or books to sell, or videos to plug....

... Oh look!

www.stargate-chronicles.com

This is the REAL X-Files and the man who was the real Fox Mulder from 1958 to 1992 at the Cape Canaveral and Kennedy Space Center Launch Control ...

www.clarkcmcclelland.wordpress.com

In 1958 Clark C. McClelland was assigned to the national space program at Cape Canaveral, Florida, and helped launch or viewed 673 rockets and spacecraft.

NASA veteran Clark C. McClelland confirms alien existence as ...

I, Clark C. McClelland, former ScO, Space Shuttle Fleet, personally observed an 8 to 9 foot tall ET on his 27 inch video monitors while on duty in the Kennedy ...

and many, many more.

Edited by Lord Vetinari
  • Like 1

lol, wow! didnt realize those things were so specific/accurate

I know...it's marvellous what 'they' can do, nowadays...astounding accuracy...

:yes:

• Like 1

Motivator? What's the motivation usually? What's the movation for Richard Hoagland or Steven Greer or any of the others who Know the Truth about Flying Saucers?

Usually they've got a website to promote, or books to sell, or videos to plug....

yes but its not a spur of the moment idea, websites books and videos take time and effort.....what makes someone decide I will be a conman and I will sell the idea of ETs and Aliens...

I assume you dont think he believes what he says?

one is either delluded and losing their marbles or is sophisticated enough to run a scam for many years...dont see how it can be both...which is what is being suggested I think..???

As to some of the discussion about remembering names...some people are very good at recalling specific names, others aren't.

Not that it matters much,... but the reason I dont remember that first thread (McClelland) might have something to do with the fact I was only posting a smiley to our red angel and didnt bother with the rest.

Now that I have read up on the guy, I wish I didnt.

Sad story if you ask me.

...one is either delluded and losing their marbles or is sophisticated enough to run a scam for many years...dont see how it can be both...which is what is being suggested I think..???

I don't see why these two options have to be mutually exclusive. Even folks who've "lost their marbles" still need to make a buck.

• Like 1

yes but its not a spur of the moment idea, websites books and videos take time and effort.....what makes someone decide I will be a conman and I will sell the idea of ETs and Aliens...

I assume you dont think he believes what he says?

one is either delluded and losing their marbles or is sophisticated enough to run a scam for many years...dont see how it can be both...which is what is being suggested I think..???

good point...

I don't see why these two options have to be mutually exclusive. Even folks who've "lost their marbles" still need to make a buck.

they are not mutually exclusive, you are right. However, they cannot both be the motivator and cannot be similataneous at the start. IMO

Jim Oberg has a website and promotes his books (etc) on it....

http://jamesoberg.com/books.html

does the same logic apply?

• Like 1

To make lots of nice money from conning gullible people. Surely that's motivation enough?

No, because he doesn't do it in order to con gullible people, but sticks to facts and things that happened.

To make lots of nice money from conning gullible people. Surely that's motivation enough?

No, because he doesn't do it in order to con gullible people, but sticks to facts and things that happened.

to con would suggest 'we sell a lie' knowingly....

to call someone delluded and on a one way ticket to woo wooville etc etc suggests he believes what he is saying..

I am asking which is it?

hypothetical for you LV.

Assume I write a book about UFO debunking and include things such as Portage county being 'Venus' etc, would I be called a con man? am I not as gulity of conning the gullible in this scenario?

I seeeeeeee......you agree with Jim O....so THAT'S different......your logic is a bit biased then.... :unsure2:

in other words..not logical at all but purely subjective

they are not mutually exclusive, you are right. However, they cannot both be the motivator and cannot be similataneous at the start. IMO

Ok, I see what you mean. My suspicion is that the "lost marbles" was the primary motivator. The notion to go public with the delusional thinking subsequently resulted in some monetary gain. Hence, the delusional behaviour was then reinforced. But, I'm not a psychologist, this is just my personal guess.

Hard to say,... Richard C Hoagland, now that is a guy that knows what he is doing. I have no doubt that he is full aware of the fact he is selling science fiction fantasy.

Ok, I see what you mean. My suspicion is that the "lost marbles" was the primary motivator. The notion to go public with the delusional thinking subsequently resulted in some monetary gain. Hence, the delusional behaviour was then reinforced. But, I'm not a psychologist, this is just my personal guess.

ok thank you, I can see how that series of events could work.

Hard to say,... Richard C Hoagland, now that is a guy that knows what he is doing. I have no doubt that he is full aware of the fact he is selling science fiction fantasy.

so do you think he doesnt believe in the ETH Hazz? or just doesnt believe all that he 'claims'?

I seeeeeeee......you agree with Jim O....so THAT'S different......your logic is a bit biased then.... :unsure2:

in other words..not logical at all but purely subjective

Are you willing to consider that Mr. O and any other Skeptic might be telling the turth, and what they say should be considered fairly, or, because they say that Mr. McC, and Mr. H, and Mr. G, are kooks & charlatans, do you dismiss what they say out of hand? i.e. do you only take notice of what people say who say what you want to hear?

Yeah, I agree regarding Hoagland, he knows what's what IMO. I was talking about that McClelland fellow...I tend to think he doesn't really know what's what.

Yeah, I agree regarding Hoagland, he knows what's what IMO. I was talking about that McClelland fellow...I tend to think he doesn't really know what's what.

Thats why I think its a sad story.

People tell the kinds of stories the audiences prefer, it's part a desire to please, and part a desire to be praised for the pleasing.

The degree to which they're willing to jazz up the tales from their imaginations is where the hazy line lies.

You can watch the progression of Gordon Cooper's stories 'improving' over the years, in a direct inverse correlation with his growing shunning by the space community, and his warm welcome from the UFO community. His later stories have only slight resemblances to his earlier ones, but seem tailored -- instinctively or deliberately, who can tell? -- to his audiences.

McClelland, and so many others, seem to follow the same pattern of narrative drift, where original second-hand stories see the narrator 'centrifying' his part in the story, taking a more active, and finally a centrqal, role.

Again, this seems to happen with most folks over the years. I've caught myself at it, recalling some childhood stories with my family and somebody else saying, 'That wasn't YOU doing that, it was ME and you were just watching." Sigh.

McClelland's specialization seems to be in reading stories about other people, and then imagining those people had told the stories directly to him. I showed the von Braun story was precisely of that kind because, with great effort, I located the original source of the story in a E. German UFO newsletter misquoted by Tim Good, where McClelland could have read it in Good's book.

The same thing happened with McC's claim of his 'close friend' Jim Irwin [a claim that Irwin's daughter is particularly annoyed about -- that's a developing story]. McC tells of Irwin telling HIM about mjystery objects flying over their lunar lander, ''being propelled or something', and the 'propelled-or' phrase is directly lifted from Don wilson's book, 'Our mysterious Spaceship moon', where he took a quotation from the crew observing particles streaming from the LM garage just after S4B shutdown, during CSM transposition and docking -- and transported the conversation falsely, to the lunar surface four days later. McC evidently read the book's falsification of the comments and then imagined himself being told the exact story directly by Irwin, with the key phrase intact. That allowed it to serve as a tracer for reconstructing the actual bogus information flow.

Note also his claim he is the only other human who ALSO saw via telescope that Mars explosion in 1954, with a Japanese astronomer. And note that something visible from Japan, the opposite side of the Earth from Pennsylvania, would have been BLOCKED from visibility by McC. The Earth is round. His claim is physically impossible, and he doesn't even realize it.

• Like 4