Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

north korea's 'pre emptive' strike against US

shrooma

Happy B-day shrooma!

I actually could add a bit to this discussion as far as the history of it,my grandfather was a marine

cheers king, old love!

(as we yorkshire types call folk!)

aren't you forces yourself, or am I mixing you up with someone else??

my mistake ex, sorry.

(it IS my birthday, and the brandy has been flowing like.. erm.... wine, since dinnertime.....

Happy Birthday you old fart! :w00t:
  • Like 2

Are you thick or are you just slow? My whole point is that you can't just "cancel" a ceasefire. You are either not engaged on hostilities, or you are engaged in hostilities. It doesn't make sense to say that you're "canceling" a ceasefire yet won't engage in hostilities

ok, dummy, i'm going to spell this out for you 'reel slo like', so you can get a grasp of it.

l-o-o-k. u-p. t-h-e. w-o-r-d. 'intent' i-n. t-h-e. 'dikshuneri'.

slow enough for you?

or do you want me to post a link?

(adds a quick 'meh' to the condescending piece of sh!t's lame attempt at condescention.)

.....i'll see your risible attempt at logic, pendejo, and raise you a double füčkíňg 'm-m-e-e-h-h'

-link for 'intent' coming up-

kúrvá.

cheers king, old love!

(as we yorkshire types call folk!)

aren't you forces yourself, or am I mixing you up with someone else??

LOL Cheers!Im thinking about getting a bit of whiskey later myself,im sick and have a bum knee so about time to do some drinkin haha.

No i joined the marines myself about 2 weeks before i left to go was in a bad car wreck that messed me up for almost a year.My little bro is a marine,almost my whole family has served in 1 branch or another.

• Like 1

Happy Birthday you old fart! :w00t:

hahahahaha! OLD??

stonehenge is old.

hating gay people is old.

that 116yo chinese woman is REALLY old....

i'm just a drunken idiot with 10,000 miles on the clock and not a garage in sight!

:-)

(seriously though, thanks man, I can feel the love from here!)

;-)

king, i'm very anti-war myself, as you can probably tell by my posts, but I make ammunition crates for the army for a living, and have the utmost respect for the armed forces, because I know that soldiers don't start wars, politicians do, so I have nothing but contempt for the organisers, and nothing but respect for those that put their lives on the line on our behalf.

• Like 3

king, i'm very anti-war myself, as you can probably tell by my posts, but I make ammunition crates for the army for a living, and have the utmost respect for the armed forces, because I know that soldiers don't start wars, politicians do, so I have nothing but contempt for the organisers, and nothing but respect for those that put their lives on the line on our behalf.

Well said shrooma,i get mad as hell when i read people talking trash about the soldiers when really they should be looking at and blaming themselves and the ones they put in office.As my grandfather always told me war is hell and only the ones who return have to deal with it.I dont mind when others speak out against war i am not for it myself,but it is something that will never go away until we are all gone.As i tell others,soldiers themselves cannot declare war on anyone,that comes from the people they used their votes on.

• Like 1

ok, dummy, i'm going to spell this out for you 'reel slo like', so you can get a grasp of it.

l-o-o-k. u-p. t-h-e. w-o-r-d. 'intent' i-n. t-h-e. 'dikshuneri'.

slow enough for you?

or do you want me to post a link?

(adds a quick 'meh' to the condescending piece of sh!t's lame attempt at condescention.)

.....i'll see your risible attempt at logic, pendejo, and raise you a double füčkíňg 'm-m-e-e-h-h'

-link for 'intent' coming up-

kúrvá.

Sure! Post a link for me! And while you're at it, perhaps you can look up the word irrelevant?

Or, if you don't want to do any of that, how's about you explain to me exactly what is wrong with what I said? Or are you going to dodge that in the hopes of hiding you poor ability to comprehend what you are reading by simple responding with "meh"? It's pretty typical here. You could be like everyone else. Make a mistake, argue till your red in the face and then ignore further posts instead of manning up and admitting that you were at fault.

Stellar, on 07 March 2013 -

08:45 PM, said:

How do you "cancel" a ceasefire?

Think about it. you can't "cancel a

ceasefire" unless they start

hostilities once again. You can't

"cancel" it and then sit there

*not* firing.

do you REALLY think north korea

are developing long range missiles

and nuclear weaponry so they

DON'T use them??

boy, am I glad you don't run a country, because if you did, you wouldn't be running it for long enough for your enemies to say

'race you to the capitol!!'

as much as your tired semantics may strike a chord with you, here on planet earth, cancelling a ceasefire, and developing nuclear weapons spells 'intent', so here's the link I promised you.

I didn't realise the 'illiterati' where vieing for the new world order....

• Like 1

Make a mistake, argue till your red in the face and then ignore further posts instead of manning up and admitting that you were at fault.

pot.

kettle.

black.

*SNIP*

Edited by Lilly
insult

I went and looked back through the topic,i can see where both you and stellar are coming from on this.

1. You cant cancel a ceasefire without firing a shot.

2.North Korea has intent for something or they would be making power plants instead.

That said if they are so utterly foolish to launch,their whole country would be annihilated.(Not saying lil kim isnt this foolish) Sanctions have only deprived and hurt the civilians,their military has still continued to build up and advance their capabilities,and they have been making idle threats for years.So we need to act on this current one even without a shot being fired?Or do we sit around and wait until a shot heard around the world type event happens?

You would think with all the hundreds maybe even thousands of politicians we have put into office through the years since the ceasefire we would have come up with some kind of damn answer by now.

• Like 4

The test of intention

The policy issue for those who

administer the criminal justice

system is that, when planning their

actions, people may be aware of

many probable and possible

consequences. Obviously, all of

these consequences could be

prevented through the simple

expedient either of ceasing the

given activity or of taking action

rather than refraining from action.

So the decision to continue with

the current plan means that all the

foreseen consequences are to some

extent intentional , i.e. within and

not against the scope of each

person's intention. But, is the test

of culpability based on purely a

subjective measure of what is in a

person's mind.

in case you need it spelling out to you.

still think that your definition of 'ceasefire' or 'intent' means anything here on planet earth, dummy?

NK makes Iran look tame..... :whistle:

• Like 2

king, you can quite easily declare war on a country without firing a single shot, and by that rationale, you can break a ceasefire without firing a shot too.

if I were at war with you, and we had a ceasefire, and then I said I was going to break that ceasefire, would you consider me an ally, or an armed opponent, bearing in mind that I hadn't fired a single shot at you...?

http://en.m.wikipedi...iki/Intent_(law)

which part of 'i'm gonna bomb you back to the *SNIP* stone age, despite your ceasefire' don't you understand,*SNIP*....?

Hey *SNIP*: THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING. You can't "cancel" a ceasefire unless you recommence hostilities.

Jesus, how many different ways does that need to be said before you grasp it. Somebody you were the only person who couldn't grasp that concept. Everyone else understood it.

*SNIP*

Edited by Lilly
quote and ad hom remark

king, you can quite easily declare war on a country without firing a single shot, and by that rationale, you can break a ceasefire without firing a shot too.

if I were at war with you, and we had a ceasefire, and then I said I was going to break that ceasefire, would you consider me an ally, or an armed opponent, bearing in mind that I hadn't fired a single shot at you...?

I would tear you to pieces with the best of my abilities the moment it was broke,truth be told lol.I would not waste any time to let you draw first blood,but the world we live in today this almost cannot be done.To many steps have to be taken first.

I would consider you an opponent, because that is what you are. I'm not even sure what you're getting at with this. No ones calling them an ally...

And you can say you will "cancel" the cease fire all you want until you're blue in the face. If the intent is just to *say* they cancel it, and that cancellation is not followed up with action, then it's completely irrelevant. If they do intend to recommence hostilities, then the notion of "canceling hostilities" is nothing but a silly sounding euphemism to veil a threat. THAT is my point.

If the south wasnt such a close ally that we helped build up,and also shares a border the answer could be swift and precise.If we just went ahead and hit the north though the south could wind up paying for our actions.This is the tricky part

LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol:

Its about time to put the gloves on and step into the ring on this topic :lol:

• Like 1

If they do intend to recommence hostilities, then the notion of "canceling hostilities" is nothing but a silly sounding euphemism to veil a threat. THAT is my point.

yaaayy! stella for president!!

honestly, you should try politics, it seems you're a natural.....

I was stationed in Korea for a year and a half in the 90's and the ceasefire never really meant much special ops teams from both sides crossed the DMZ, tunnels under the zone and yes shots were exchanged we just don't here about it in the states. who really needs to "fear" the north is japan the north and south both still has a beef with the japanese from WW2 they took all of their young men and trees (yeah I thought it kind of strange the first time I heard it). so the north would sooner drop a nuke on them then us. if you look at the scaling back of US involvment on the penisula ( the base I was stationed at camp essayons in uijonbu is gone) it makes sense the north is trying to stay relevent. less of our money is going to the south too keep them form cancelling the cease-fire and more of a threat the south will go north to get resourses for their industries. we've been training the south how to fight for the last 60yrs and the north doesn't have big brother china this time. they are scared.

• Like 2

LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol:

Its about time to put the gloves on and step into the ring on this topic :lol:

aw HEY!!

you're tryna nick professor buzzkill's title, and godsdammit, i'm not gonna let you king!

'there's o-o-o-n-l-y one professor buzzkill,

only o-o-n-e professor buzzkill'

and you're not him king, you pretendbuzzkilling bąsťąřd!!

:-D

• Like 1

the north doesn't have big brother china this time. they are scared.

that's why they're feared misk, because once you back a rat into a corner, it'll always come out biting....

(kudos on being forces by the way man.

respect.)

aw HEY!!

you're tryna nick professor buzzkill's title, and godsdammit, i'm not gonna let you king!

'there's o-o-o-n-l-y one professor buzzkill,

only o-o-n-e professor buzzkill'

and you're not him king, you pretendbuzzkilling bąsťąřd!!

:-D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 1