Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Transgender fighter wants to fight in the UFC

notoverrated

26 members have voted

1. 1. Should she be able to fight women?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure

This thread is just sad. Of course it shouldn't be allowed to fight women.

Funny to see the doublethink of people who believe we're all equal though. Should men who can't compete in male sports be allowed into female sports? Of course not, they'd dominate.

what men who cant compete in mens sports?

while my stance hasn't changed especially from your enlightening post, i would suggest you do some research on gender reassignment surgery and hormone replacement therapy and what that does exactly to a body.

Absolutely not, simply not fair to all female MMA fighters.

In fact, I think it is an embarrassment especially after reading the article on how fast this transgendered fighter destroyed a female fighter.

• Like 1

This is PC insanity taken to extremes. Start a division or league for transgender individuals. (Former) men shouldn't even be allowed in the same ring as real women. This trend of willful blindness needs to stop.

• Like 1

Women want equality so I really don't see a problem with it.

This is PC insanity taken to extremes. Start a division or league for transgender individuals. (Former) men shouldn't even be allowed in the same ring as real women. This trend of willful blindness needs to stop.

thatd be a decent idea, unfortunately there wouldnt be much competition lol.

I still think if the olympics would accept her as a woman i think the commission may end up doing the very same

Even the article contradicts itself saying she has been this way for over 10 years,then saying starting in 2006 which just now being 2013 would make 6 or 7 years depending on the timing of its decision.

I understand the part about therapy it has had changing its body,but there are things the therapy cannot reverse aswell.

Kedzie is crazy there is a reason her nickname used to be "Cheerleader on crack" lol,she has been beat by the 2 best fighters she has faced miesha tate and gina carano if she ever faces cyborg or rhonda she would be dismantled quite easily,though i give her credit she is a tough lady.

As was stated in the article though at least this is a sport where one can somewhat choose their opponent,i think there should be a little more outrage over this story though it knocks out a woman in a fight without ever disclosing its med history first.Kind of messed up,me and every opponent i have had has undergone a full physical and blood work before our fights to make sure no risk of blood illnesses or ped's.

• Like 1

I still think if the olympics would accept her as a woman i think the commission may end up doing the very same

In this era of political correctness you are probably correct lotus,i see where you are coming from your not exactly advocating it just saying it is a likely possibility and letting the ones who actually have a say in it make the call.

In this era of political correctness you are probably correct lotus,i see where you are coming from your not exactly advocating it just saying it is a likely possibility and letting the ones who actually have a say in it make the call.

yeah, i don't neccesarily agree with it but at the end of the day its not up to me, you, or anyone else but the commission. personally i feel that in cases like this IF its allowed stringent testing better be in place as well as more severe punishments if by sooome chance she is ever popped for PED's.

• Like 1

yeah, i don't neccesarily agree with it but at the end of the day its not up to me, you, or anyone else but the commission. personally i feel that in cases like this IF its allowed stringent testing better be in place as well as more severe punishments if by sooome chance she is ever popped for PED's.

Could you imagine if cleared then it failed a test for steroids :o haha

Could you imagine if cleared then it failed a test for steroids :o haha

it would be a shame if she did, but it would be easy to catch because besides the adrenal glands she doesn't naturally produce any testosterone but at the same time clear cheats have learned how to cycle effectively... up to a point (lookin at you overeem/cyborg)

personally if i were her i would have VADA testing my blood and submitting the results on a monthly or bi monthly to the commisions as a show of good faith. honestly i think every athlete should be doing that but it is what it is. it's already unfair allowing men to have a 6:1 ratio in the first place which is crazy but blah once again getting into a steroid/ped discussion lol

it would be a shame if she did, but it would be easy to catch because besides the adrenal glands she doesn't naturally produce any testosterone but at the same time clear cheats have learned how to cycle effectively... up to a point (lookin at you overeem/cyborg)

personally if i were her i would have VADA testing my blood and submitting the results on a monthly or bi monthly to the commisions as a show of good faith. honestly i think every athlete should be doing that but it is what it is. it's already unfair allowing men to have a 6:1 ratio in the first place which is crazy but blah once again getting into a steroid/ped discussion lol

Yeah i know what you mean,i have never taken steroids but i know others who have.Most are always so bulked up they almost void any fast twitch fibers they have for punching and also seem to gas fairly quickly.I have high enough test levels naturally do not need any extra lol.I fought one guy and there was no doubt in my mind he was cheating just was very good at it,he got the takedown in the 1st did nothing but try to hold me down the whole damn round 2nd comes along i saw him open his mouth trying to breath deeply put a left on his chin mouthpiece went flying KO! :lol: Now days with blood doping,roids,hgh it is getting harder and harder to catch cheaters.

• Like 1

Unfair play is against UFC rules anyways. Every fight is a fair fight.

Do you think that the Olympic Committee would do so? Remember the South African who was of indeterminate sex.

Does a trangenders birth certificate get changed from boy to girl?

So, if I get my schlong cut off, can I compete in the WNBA?

Do you think that the Olympic Committee would do so? Remember the South African who was of indeterminate sex.

based on what was established in 2004 by the olympic commitee yes she would be although mma is not a part of the olympics were she a wrestler, or in track and field and so on and so forth she would

im unfamiliar with the south african you brought up though.

Caster Semenya is the name of the South African athlete. Is a intersexed person, meaning both male and female traits, no operation. So not quite the same as this fighter.

Edited by the1truebat
  • Like 1

based on what was established in 2004 by the olympic commitee yes she would be although mma is not a part of the olympics were she a wrestler, or in track and field and so on and so forth she would

im unfamiliar with the south african you brought up though.

True Bat recalled her name. The athlete was a hermaphrodite with more testosterone than her competitors, and True Bat was right in that her situation wasn't the same as the transsexual fighter's situation. There's one relevant similarity, though. Both athletes have bigger and stronger bones and muscles than their normal female competitors, which gives them a big edge.

True Bat recalled her name. The athlete was a hermaphrodite with more testosterone than her competitors, and True Bat was right in that her situation wasn't the same as the transsexual fighter's situation. There's one relevant similarity, though. Both athletes have bigger and stronger bones and muscles than their normal female competitors, which gives them a big edge.

i wont argue bone structure but from what ive been reading both bone density and muscle density and the ability to put on muscle is on the same level with a naturally born female after a few years or so of hormone replacement therapy.

as for caster im not really going to comment im not familiar with her case however theres legal limits set on testosterone levels if she was within the limit and with olympic level testing it is what it is. ive already stated how i feel about T:E levels

I also voted no sure its a thin line she is stronger then other women so its unfair

• Like 1

In an odd kind of way, if this person is allowed to fight it could pave the way to true equality in some respects.

In an odd kind of way, if this person is allowed to fight it could pave the way to true equality in some respects.

How so? Maybe we could just pretend that men and women are the same so that we don't offend people who also pretend that they are. For example, let's get rid of the sex divisions in the Olympics. The male athletes could compete against the female athletes to show true equality. :whistle:

• Like 2

i wont argue bone structure but from what ive been reading both bone density and muscle density and the ability to put on muscle is on the same level with a naturally born female after a few years or so of hormone replacement therapy.

as for caster im not really going to comment im not familiar with her case however theres legal limits set on testosterone levels if she was within the limit and with olympic level testing it is what it is. ive already stated how i feel about T:E levels

It raises all sorts of problems and questions. If we allow this athlete to fight, where do we draw the line? A transgendered man now plays basketball IIRC. If we have no issues with some altered athletes, why should steroids be banned?

• Like 1

How so? Maybe we could just pretend that men and women are the same so that we don't offend people who also pretend that they are. For example, let's get rid of the sex divisions in the Olympics. The male athletes could compete against the female athletes to show true equality. :whistle:

That would make for some crazy events right there lol.As i have said this is just setting up for a crazy future of sports,there are amazing athletes from both genders but for me this just crosses a line.

• Like 1

It raises all sorts of problems and questions. If we allow this athlete to fight, where do we draw the line? A transgendered man now plays basketball IIRC. If we have no issues with some altered athletes, why should steroids be banned?

As you stated if this is allowed blood doping,roids,hgh,and anything new that comes along should be allowed.If there is no line there is no line.Next we will see some males trying out for womens division events since women are now trying to get into mens divisions.20 years from now this is setting up to be a circus!

• Like 1

As you stated if this is allowed blood doping,roids,hgh,and anything new that comes along should be allowed.If there is no line there is no line.Next we will see some males trying out for womens division events since women are now trying to get into mens divisions.20 years from now this is setting up to be a circus!

Back in the '90s (weird to type that) a boy joined his high school's girls field hockey team. He wasn't the best player on the team. Some of the girls were bigger and stronger than him, which just made it even more embarrassing in most guys eyes. I always wondered why people felt the need to do those kinds of things.