Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Saw a Rip in the Sky!

makavelli_jrw

The other day I was walking and my brother saw a RIP in the Sky. Then I looked up and saw the exact same orange pulsating light in the sky, looking like a rip. Now I stay in New Olreans and know that we don't have Aurora Borealis down here. Now this wasn't just something that was in the sky for 10 seconds no this was in the Sky for about 1 hour. Now I tried to take a picture of it but my phone all of a sudden died.

Now I knew that I had my phone charged at 60% before I went walking. I tried to take the picture 3 times and every time my phone would die as soon as I took the picture. I can still remember how it looks until this day. It looked like a big, orange, pulsating, bright, RIP in the Sky..!!!

So I was wondering if any other person has any other person seen something like this or experienced something like this before??

The other day I was walking and my brother saw a RIP in the Sky. Then I looked up and saw the exact same orange pulsating light in the sky, looking like a rip. Now I stay in New Olreans and know that we don't have Aurora Borealis down here. Now this wasn't just something that was in the sky for 10 seconds no this was in the Sky for about 1 hour. Now I tried to take a picture of it but my phone all of a sudden died.

Now I knew that I had my phone charged at 60% before I went walking. I tried to take the picture 3 times and every time my phone would die as soon as I took the picture. I can still remember how it looks until this day. It looked like a big, orange, pulsating, bright, RIP in the Sky..!!!

So I was wondering if any other person has any other person seen something like this or experienced something like this before??

Could have been a meteor there so many of them flying around these days.

• Like 1

That meteor that exploded over Russia a few weeks ago only lasted a few seconds but was filmed by many different people. If this was in the skies above New Orleans for an hour surely it would have been filmed by hundreds, if not thousands of people.

• Like 2

That meteor that exploded over Russia a few weeks ago only lasted a few seconds but was filmed by many different people. If this was in the skies above New Orleans for an hour surely it would have been filmed by hundreds, if not thousands of people.

I have to agree with you. But if there really was a light, I've been told Aurora lights can appear anywhere, if the conditions are right. So it was most likely that. Unless I am mistaken.

Edited by krypter3

I have to agree with you. But if there really was a light, I've been told Aurora lights can appear anywhere, if the conditions are right. So it was most likely that. Unless I am mistaken.

They can appear above New Orleans, but rarely. Even so, would most likely be filmed.

Because the phenomena occurs near the magnetic poles, northern lights have been seen as far south as New Orleans in the western hemisphere, while similar locations in the east never experience the mysterious lights. However the best places to watch the lights (in North America) are in the northwestern parts of Canada, particularly the Yukon, Nunavut, Northwest Territories and Alaska. Auroral displays can also be seen over the southern tip of Greenland and Iceland, the northern coast of Norway and over the coastal waters north of Siberia. Southern auroras are not often seen as they are concentrated in a ring around Antarctica and the southern Indian Ocean.

http://www.northernlightscentre.ca/northernlights.html

I don't think that it was a meteor being as it faded out and came back after 20 minutes. It pulsated for about 30 minutes then it faded out for about 10 minutes and then came back for another 30 minutes. It was odd because I couldn't take a picture of it. I don't know if it was an Aurora Borealis because it was so small and was not moving one bit, just pulsating like it had a center.

Getting confused by your description of a big 'rip' in the sky - that should have been obvious to multiple observers; now this appears to be a much smaller pulsating light.

Could be solar storm/particles hitting the earths electromagnetic field which could display such show and interfer with technology. Did your phone work after that or was it still dead?

Now I tried to take a picture of it but my phone all of a sudden died.

of course it did.
  • Like 2

If a rip appeared in the sky for more than an hour in the New Orleans area, there'd be many more of the 1.2 million or so people who live there talking about it.

• Like 1

Yeah. I live here and have no idea what you're talking about....

Drinks in the Quarter are well known for their potency. :unsure2:

Edited by Lady Kasey
  • Like 1

Last june i saw an orange ball it was glowing and it was geting bright and brigther then it vanished it was a ufo .i reported it mufon.and the ufo reporting center mufon is not good at reporting ufos they said other people saw it but the guy allways sends me stupid emails steve cox is his name