Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Remove your uniform because it is ‘offensive’

Commander CMG

I never signed up purely because I would not kill someone who is innocent.

Not really hard to not sign up in the first place is it.

As stated by "Lord Vetinari".. Do you honestly believe people sign up because they want to kill children and innocent people.

They will always be mistakes in war, and its inevitable that innocent civilians will be be part of the situation even in a war you personally approve of they will be collateral damage. Churchill sacrificed many of our civilians in Air raids and Intel we had from German raids.

Do you believe we won the World Wars not carrying out any atrocities against our enemy.

I am only glad we have brave individuals that are proud to wear the uniform, with pride and honor and not more individuals like you, or we would be speaking German as a first language by now.

Your carrying a grudge against our troops because of decision politicians make.

• Like 2

As stated by "Lord Vetinari".. Do you honestly believe people sign up because they want to kill children and innocent people.

They will always be mistakes in war, and its inevitable that innocent civilians will be be part of the situation even in a war you personally approve of they will be collateral damage. Churchill sacrificed many of our civilians in Air raids and Intel we had from German raids.

Do you believe we won the World Wars not carrying out any atrocities against our enemy.

I am only glad we have brave individuals that are proud to wear the uniform, with pride and honor and not more individuals like you, or we would be speaking German as a first language by now.

Your carrying a grudge against our troops because of decision politicians make.

I have no grudge against "our trrops". A few of my closest friends are in the forces.

So that is what you believe? They signed up because they want to slaughter children?

Straight answer, pleaase, no responding with rhetorical questions.

Never suggested that anywhere.

Terrorism isn't real, it's propaganda.

I would respect any person who stood and defended their own country. The only people who have been doing this are the people who we are attacking. The innocent people and children we are slaughtering.

So no thye do not earn my respect. I would defend my freedom to my last breath with any weapon. I respect anyone who would do the same, but in the Middle East we are not fighting for our freedom. We are fighting for Tyranny and big money. If our soldiers disagreed thta much they would leave the forces and make it clear. Like some have, those who have get my respect. The soldiers who trhow their medals back at the faces of the goverment... They are true heroes, they stand against tyranny.

amen

not all people reliaze that :D

• Like 2

I'd have said "fine" and stripped down to my altogether.

Or said "only if you take yours off as well, as it offends me".

• Like 3

I wonder.... Perhaps it is time that we told these cretins who advise us not to offend a minority - and in most cases you'll find it's NOT the minority themselves whinging, but some white skinned moron being offended on their unwarranted behalf - to go take a flying fornication? To be bloody minded I say that I find the red uniform of all Virgin staff offensive. It's red y'see. Red equates to blood, and blood is shed every day, and I find that personally offensive. What, that sounds nonsense?Yes, but it's a belief and you cannot tell me that my personal belief is wrong, because that would be offensive.

Yes, I'm being daft. But you see how the circle of crap goes round and round....

• Like 2

I have no grudge against "our trrops". A few of my closest friends are in the forces.

Never suggested that anywhere.

No?

Coffey, on 09 March 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

Terrorism isn't real, it's propaganda.

I would respect any person who stood and defended their own country. The only people who have been doing this are the people who we are attacking. The innocent people and children we are slaughtering.

• Like 1

so Lord saying the truth means having grudge to those troops ?

I dare anyone to remove the Union Flag from my chimney stack.If the immigrants want to complain I'll start my own little war.

• Like 2

No?

Nope that never said anywhere that troops sign up to do it. I also never said that's our troops fault anywhere. So you haven't proven anything.

As an ex-soldier, I usually refrain from commenting at any length on threads like this, but I'll just (mis)quote an old saying if I may.........

"If you're able to read (and comment on) this thread - thank a teacher. If you're free to read and comment on this thread - thank a soldier!"

Edited by ealdwita
  • Like 6

I think its British people who get offended or embrassed. Because the people who fly with Virgin are Virgins

• Like 1

Returning to the original issue, Richard Branson has apologized on behalf of Virgin. As with so much in the UK, an uninformed security official made up policy as they went along.

• Like 2

Returning to the original issue, Richard Branson has apologized on behalf of Virgin. As with so much in the UK, an uninformed security official made up policy as they went along.

It makes me wonder whether this 'security official' had been turned down by an Armed Forces Selection Board in the past.

• Like 4

There was a youth fad here in Ho Chi Minh City of young people wearing t-shirts with a US flag on the back. I don't think there was any political message, just a sort-of thrill doing something naughty. The authorities did nothing, not even about their sale on the streets, and after awhile it got old and now you rarely see one.

The only true terrorists in the world are the CIA, the US and UK goverment along with the bankers and big oil companies. There's your terrorists. Now the "heroes" you speak of have their target if they want to bring freedom to their countries.

This is what patriotic civilians are supposed to do with their votes.The leaders who keep ordering soldiers to do these things are the same leaders the ill informed public keep putting into office.Being mad at the soldiers for following orders is wrong be mad at the leaders,if you ever cast a vote for any currently in office....be mad at yourself.

I do not have a problem with people being anti-war saying things like they could refuse to follow orders,but if people used their votes wisely our troops would not have to be in the position of refusing orders then facing punishment for doing so.Just remember if you have cast a vote for any of these leaders and then point a finger of blame at the troops 3 are pointing right back at you.I am not talking directly at you coffey just people in general.If you do not like something in a democracy where votes are cast REALLY change it not just hollow words of CHANGE.

• Like 1

It makes me wonder whether this 'security official' had been turned down by an Armed Forces Selection Board in the past.

Pumped up with his own self importance like a Hotel Doorman,a Railway Ticket Collector or a Lollipop Lady.
  • Like 1

Well, thanks! That clear's this up.

No need for anymore cannon fire here.

• Like 1

There is that about people in uniform that you have to keep in mind. It changes them not just often but usually into autocrats.

This is what patriotic civilians are supposed to do with their votes.The leaders who keep ordering soldiers to do these things are the same leaders the ill informed public keep putting into office.Being mad at the soldiers for following orders is wrong be mad at the leaders,if you ever cast a vote for any currently in office....be mad at yourself.

I do not have a problem with people being anti-war saying things like they could refuse to follow orders,but if people used their votes wisely our troops would not have to be in the position of refusing orders then facing punishment for doing so.Just remember if you have cast a vote for any of these leaders and then point a finger of blame at the troops 3 are pointing right back at you.I am not talking directly at you coffey just people in general.If you do not like something in a democracy where votes are cast REALLY change it not just hollow words of CHANGE.

You think voting affects the system?! lol

You think voting affects the system?! lol

I know it doesnt just stating the way it is supposed to be.You think voting for or being part of a party who gives orders to start these wars then blame it on the troops is not hypocrisy? lol

I know it doesnt just stating the way it is supposed to be.You think voting for or being part of a party who gives orders to start these wars then blame it on the troops is not hypocrisy? lol

I never once blamed it on the troops....

I would stand shoulder to shoulder with them if it was for a real cause. Our military is supposed to protect us... not them. It protects them at the moment, that is why in the US thye are getting rid of soldiers who won't shoot at civilians if ordered. Then deeming them unfit to own a firearm.

... that is why in the US they are getting rid of soldiers who won't shoot at civilians if ordered. Then deeming them unfit to own a firearm.

Where are you getting this info? Link please.

I never once blamed it on the troops....

I would stand shoulder to shoulder with them if it was for a real cause. Our military is supposed to protect us... not them. It protects them at the moment, that is why in the US thye are getting rid of soldiers who won't shoot at civilians if ordered. Then deeming them unfit to own a firearm.

This is one of the reasons i stand behind no party,because they do not stand for us.You are correct in stating that votes are meaningless,they are only there to have one side for the other to blame endlessly back and forth instead of putting the blame on the real culprits.

• Like 1

Where are you getting this info? Link please.

It was posted on the forum somewhere. My internet is playing up otherwise I'd find it for you, search in the US forum.

It was posted on the forum somewhere. My internet is playing up otherwise I'd find it for you, search in the US forum.

Really? Your internet seems to be doing just fine.

Link please. Outside of UM.