Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Projection Experience? Help!

RedNova

Hi!

So I made an account on here because there seems to be a good number of people with some knowledge of astral projection!

A bit of a background; I've been attempting to astral project for about a month (I've frequently meditated throughout high school and college), and I've had some experiences, but I've never really (to my knowledge) left my body.

However, I have had some pretty interesting experiences and was hoping SOMEONE on here can help explain what I should be doing better to make this experience happen. So here is what I have been doing--and experiencing.

Normally I try to project at night about the time I go to bed. I understand some say this is a bad idea, but I've never had trouble staying mentally awake. I open a "Dream Book" and write down my intention, and the phrase" I will project", just to get it set in my mind. From there I usually listen to a Guided Meditation on YouTube to help with the experience, it helps distract my mind and helps me relax to get to that vibration state.

Ever since I've first started I've got down to the point where I feel some sort of vibration. My hands go numb and I lose awareness of them even existing (eventually my legs feel the same way), and I come to a point of deep relaxation. Now, the new experience I'm having is what I really want someone to help me with. I wear an eye mask to keep any light from disturbing me. However, many times I come to a point where I can see my room with this eye mask on, (it is very thick, you CANNOT see through it). This has happen with many rooms in many places, so I don't think it's just in my head (I did this at a hotel I've never been at before as well). What exactly does this mean? My room looks the same really, just a little dark (maybe?), with weird spottings of purple/green light. One time when I saw my room, I saw a glowing green object on the wall above me to the left, and once I "looked" at it, it moved and came closer, but my vision was lost after that.

Does anyone have any advise? Thank you!

• Like 2

Ever since I've first started I've got down to the point where I feel some sort of vibration. My hands go numb and I lose awareness of them even existing (eventually my legs feel the same way), and I come to a point of deep relaxation. Now, the new experience I'm having is what I really want someone to help me with. I wear an eye mask to keep any light from disturbing me. However, many times I come to a point where I can see my room with this eye mask on, (it is very thick, you CANNOT see through it). This has happen with many rooms in many places, so I don't think it's just in my head (I did this at a hotel I've never been at before as well). What exactly does this mean? My room looks the same really, just a little dark (maybe?), with weird spottings of purple/green light. One time when I saw my room, I saw a glowing green object on the wall above me to the left, and once I "looked" at it, it moved and came closer, but my vision was lost after that.

I don't know what that is, but i have experienced the same phenomena that you have with your eyes shut being able to see the room that you are in when ever i am practicing Astral Projection as well. However you have taken one step further than i have by wearing an eye piece over your eyes and you still get the same results. I find that very interesting. I have come to the conclusion through my own experience with this phenomena that it is some sort of Remote Viewing ability. However i don't know how to view anything other than the room you are currently in.

Edited by stevemagegod

Well the reason why is because I thought I was possibly seeing this because I knew what my room looked like in my mind, or that my eyes were slightly opening. So i resorted to using an eye mask to cover my eyes, so if I saw my room I would know it was something else. Now, the reason I know that it wasn't me mentally picturing my room is like I said with the hotel. I went out of town and stayed at a hotel I've never been in before, and when I attempted to project I began to see the room I was in. So it couldn't of been anything dealing with how familiar I was with the room.

Do you think this is possibly waking up in your astral body and not really knowing how to move yet? Like I said, every time I do this is see some weird.. Glowing orb, or something. There is no way I can explain it..

Hi Rednova, welcome to UM.

Sounds to me like this is the opening of the 3rd eye Chakra. This Level of awareness allows you to percieve your surroundings without using your eyes.

Hi Rednova, welcome to UM.

Sounds to me like this is the opening of the 3rd eye Chakra. This Level of awareness allows you to percieve your surroundings without using your eyes.

So as far as astral projecting what would this mean? And what can you see with your third eye chakra that you can't with your physical eyes (trying to find an explanation for these weird visuals)

So as far as astral projecting what would this mean? And what can you see with your third eye chakra that you can't with your physical eyes (trying to find an explanation for these weird visuals)

As far as Astral projecting goes, I'm no expert so I cant really answer that from an experienced perspective except to say that it's opening up to seeing/perceiving. Google Hypogagia if you want a phycological explaination.. But bare in mind that there is a reason for this type of imagry that is more or less for that person experiencing it, and not some meaning that can be text-booked or cataloged. In my experience the meanings are countless.

What you can percieve with your third eye is unlimited as far as I can tell. I've seen beings in my room before, among other things..

• Like 1

Looks like I'm on the right track then. Apparently hypnagogia is a line between lucid dreaming/astral projecting and sleep paralysis. Which is interesting because I've had vivid dreams all week (no lucid dreaming yet, I'm working on it though). I wonder if this is a cause for that.. The past few nights have been the same experience. Experienced some things that don't quite make sense still, but I guess with experience I'll come to understand them.. Thanks for your help!