Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Forum pages slow loading

OverSword

phantom quotes ?

nobody got unexplainable double post quoted when quoting a post once ?

happened on updates too ... just me ??

Yup it was happening to me last night. Anyhow, great to see you 'third eye' long time no see! :)

It's been working fine so far. Apart from one point in the morning at 8.34am on the dot.There are other times when it dosn't work but usually that's later about night- time.But it's got nothing to do with the connection here because all my other websites have been knocked off.It's telling me to re- boot the Safari browser so I go to settings and knock on and off both the " airplane" and " Wi- Fi" modes.I even get a reminder in the form of a box that's totally independent of whatever happens here.I also get that ping but I pay it no mind.Tbh I thought it was just telling me about an incoming E- Mail.

yes, it does go off briefly round about 8:30 a.m. (UK Time) each morning, I suppose while they unplug one server & plug the other one in or something. Though it did, before they Improved it, go off for a good 10-15 mins every morning, that could get tiresome.

phantom quotes ?

phantom quotes ?

I think it does that if you click the 'Quote' button twice, it can easily be done, I quite often do it.

:P

• Like 1

Thanks for looking into it Saru. Much appreciated.

• Like 1

Yup it was happening to me last night. Anyhow, great to see you 'third eye' long time no see! :)

aye star of the sea, great sea to see too ;)

I think it does that if you click the 'Quote' button twice, it can easily be done, I quite often do it.

:P

that's cheating .. :lol: anyway I changed my mouse ... don't think it was the mouse either :rofl:

• Like 1

that's cheating .. :lol: anyway I changed my mouse ... don't think it was the mouse either :rofl:

No, i mean, that's probably how it happens, if you click it twice even if you didn't mean to. That's what it does.

• Like 1

And I thought I was the only one having this issue with the slow loading of the site

Also sometimes having to refresh the page just to get it to load up, sometimes even that does not work and I just close it

Been happening constantly (every time I come on UM, other site's are fine) for the past few days to a week

• Like 3

* Another thing that can be rather annoying is that, if you select two or three things for Multi Quote, and you click "Reply" but it doesn't work, if you re-load it you lose the posts you've selected to quote, so you've got to go back & find them again. This can be rather irritating.

* Another thing that can be rather annoying is that, if you select two or three things for Multi Quote, and you click "Reply" but it doesn't work, if you re-load it you lose the posts you've selected to quote, so you've got to go back & find them again. This can be rather irritating.

that , might I add .... is also cheating :yes:

yes, it does go off briefly round about 8:30 a.m. (UK Time) each morning, I suppose while they unplug one server & plug the other one in or something. Though it did, before they Improved it, go off for a good 10-15 mins every morning, that could get tiresome.

It's only a minor gripe.I don't like posting when I'm half asleep.However ideally it should be running like clockwork all the time.But I'm not bothered because I do have breathers for a few hours at a time.You do need time to recoup and charge your batteries.Besides I'm a pretty busy person with the dogs taking a major chunk of my time.Besides I've got time for a cuppa and brekkie in that fifteen minutes.

Edited by Medium Brown

is it just me again or is there more than the usual double posts on updates ?

over active mouse clicks all >??

I just changed my mouse so it can't be me mouse ... I see others getting those double posts too

is it just me again or is there more than the usual double posts on updates ?

over active mouse clicks all >??

I just changed my mouse so it can't be me mouse ... I see others getting those double posts too

I think what can happen quite easily is that if it doesn't load straight away, then you can easily click again just to make sure, and it can do it then.

* Having said thaat, it does seem a lot quicker this morning actually. I don't know whether someone has done something, or whether it'll be back to normal soon, but if someone has done something, then jolly well done, chaps.

• Like 1

I think what can happen quite easily is that if it doesn't load straight away, then you can easily click again just to make sure, and it can do it then.

no I didn't and no I don't , thats why I bought myself a new mouse ... :lol:

* Having said thaat, it does seem a lot quicker this morning actually. I don't know whether someone has done something, or whether it'll be back to normal soon, but if someone has done something, then jolly well done, chaps.

aye ... the cyber wars I keep hearing about is on the wane it seems ....

jolly lolly and a high ho chaps indeed.... chappies and chappettes

mow where is my horse ?

clip clop clippy clop clip clop clippy clop clip clop clippy clop of coconut shell

Yup! working normally again.

• Like 1

Works great now!! Praise the Lor....er I mean thanks Saru! :yes:

• Like 2

:D

Yep, Gremlins gone, is working fine again. *knock on wood*

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have started having the same/similiar problems again on this site,

Slow loading of the site, if it loads at all

Error when liking a post

I have to sometimes refresh the page just to get it to load up, sometimes even that does not work and I just close it :hmm:

Been happening on and off, on UM for the past two days, other site's are fine

• Like 1

I'm having the same problems today... VERY slow loading, to not at all. It's not the end of the world, but I know when my network at work slows way down, I like it when my users tell me. So I'm tellin'. LOL.

yes, it has, I've noticed, been going "Oops! Internet Exploiter could not discover the Web site", and now when I look at "My Content", it says "There is no information to show." :(

I expect there's Maintenance in progress or something.

Our search engine server had shut down unexpectedly, it's been restarted now and 'my content' should be working again.

There are currently no known performance issues with the server, if you still experiencing time outs and slow loading then like the last time these are likely to be on a network outside of our control and all we can do really is wait for them to fix it.

All right ... who was it ? Who shut down the server ?

No it was not some terrorist !!! Who ... was ... it ?

:lol:

I have started having problems again on this site,

Slow loading of the site, if it loads at all

Error when liking a post, it takes longer and is really slow to like a post, if it works at all, I can like a post get the effect that it is in the process of liking a post, and be able to read the whole of the page before the like works

I have to sometimes refresh the page just to get it to load up, sometimes even that does not work and I just close it :hmm: and it does seem to be getting worse

Been happening on and off, on UM for the past 2 to 3 days, other site's are fine, checked everything on PC which seems to be fine, internet connection is fine also