Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

pacific fleet commander says global warming

OverSword

We are in trouble. rising tensions from N. Korea, growing threat of hostilities between China and Japan, the ongoing threat to Taiwan from China, naval expansion by Russia, and global warming is out biggest worry??????????? Holy smoke, we are in trouble! Someone had a senior moment?

From the article:

America’s top military officer in charge of monitoring hostile actions by North Korea, escalating tensions between China and Japan, and a spike in computer attacks traced to China provides an unexpected answer when asked what is the biggest long-term security threat in the Pacific region: climate change.

http://weaselzippers.us/2013/03/10/commander-of-u-s-pacific-forces-says-global-warming-is-our-top-threat/

Beam me up Scotty, there is no sign of intelligent life on this planet.

He is right, wait until in the more arid countries harvest fail... if you think we have a problem now with the southern border wait until then.

Screw that. Just unload those photon torpedoes on us all.

We are in trouble. rising tensions from N. Korea, growing threat of hostilities between China and Japan, the ongoing threat to Taiwan from China, naval expansion by Russia, and global warming is out biggest worry??????????? Holy smoke, we are in trouble! Someone had a senior moment?

From the article:

America’s top military officer in charge of monitoring hostile actions by North Korea, escalating tensions between China and Japan, and a spike in computer attacks traced to China provides an unexpected answer when asked what is the biggest long-term security threat in the Pacific region: climate change.

http://weaselzippers...our-top-threat/

Well, this morning it was around 50-60 degrees in certain tropical areas, so everybody watch out, global warming's going to wipe us all out!

Edited by WoIverine

Now someone set me straight if I got this wrong, so I can move, but I thought that the main effect of warming is in higher latitudes and that the closer to the equator one gets the less the overall effect.

We're back to calling it " Global Warming ? " I thought the environmental alarmists got rid of that phrase in favor of " Climate Change " after the record cold and snow from a few years back.

Whatever suits their changing mindset I suppose.

• Like 3

Don't go by what I call it. I am persuaded it is real by scientific acquaintences in the States who are genuinely concerned, but I am not persuaded the world is ending.

Every day we seem to have a new "biggest threat" to the US's national security. Today I saw an item that it was Chinese computer hacking.

These things seem to be as common as new causes for the Neanderthal extinction.

Don't go by what I call it. I am persuaded it is real by scientific acquaintences in the States who are genuinely concerned, but I am not persuaded the world is ending.

I'm not saying that there is absolutely no validity to more and larger storms being a matter for concern to navies around the world, but our biggest threat?

he is right, glasures metl at the rate never seen in human history, climate does change, wheather we at fault or not, is irrelevant now, (imo we are not, it is natural cycle), if we get hit with storms and floods like katrina, and sandy in multiple locations at the same time, our rotting infrastructure will collape beyond repair. causalties and damage will be astronomical. chaos, civil unrest will be on the scale of full out war, add to it, food shortages, medicine\hospital little to no availabuility, than we get domino effect, all the crappy things you can imagine, and add plenty of crappy thing you can't imagine. it might not happen in our life time, but it will happen sooner or latter.

• Like 1

I'll agree that Global Warming is a long-term security concern worldwide but the threat is still the individual nations. There is nothing we can do to prevent or reverse Climate Change. All we can do is adapt to it. And those nations that cannot will probably not go out in a whimper. Their death pangs will reach out and touch us. This is what we need to prepare for.

• Like 1

he is right, glasures metl at the rate never seen in human history, climate does change, wheather we at fault or not, is irrelevant now, (imo we are not, it is natural cycle), if we get hit with storms and floods like katrina, and sandy in multiple locations at the same time, our rotting infrastructure will collape beyond repair. causalties and damage will be astronomical. chaos, civil unrest will be on the scale of full out war, add to it, food shortages, medicine\hospital little to no availabuility, than we get domino effect, all the crappy things you can imagine, and add plenty of crappy thing you can't imagine. it might not happen in our life time, but it will happen sooner or latter.

OMG, do you really believe there hasn't been a time in human history that people didn't say we were on the edge of complete destruction?

Pishaw, I say, pishaw.

• Like 1

OMG, do you really believe there hasn't been a time in human history that people didn't say we were on the edge of complete destruction?

Pishaw, I say, pishaw.

i really don't care what ppl say, they say the dumbest things sometines, however rapidly melting glasures, change in currents, more friquents storms, degrading infrastructure, are a lot more credible, than anything ppl say.

The question is if Climate Change/Global Warming is Anthropomorphic in nature? Man does indeed affect his environment, but is he creating climate change? There is certainly plenty of science that would lead one in that direction but there is just as equally good and solid science proving it wrong. One of the tenants of science is that you can't really prove anything, you can only disprove it. I.e., that is why the Theory of Gravity remains only a theory. We can't prove it. We can't disprove it because we can show its effects. All that we can do with Climate Change is show that it does change whether Man is around or not. The history of climate on this planet has shown that it leans toward being more hostile to Human life. Just because a planet is in the Goldilocks zone doesn't mean that every minute is suitable for any particular kind of life. I suppose it doesn't mean anything that we have been in a warming period since about 1850. Only because we came out of the "Mini Ice Age" that had lasted about 400 years prior. So given that as a baseline, we could be in store for another 50 years of warming.

The question is if Climate Change/Global Warming is Anthropomorphic in nature? Man does indeed affect his environment, but is he creating climate change?

But this article does not come out and say that. I hear you though, that is generally implied whenever someone who's religion is climate change speaks about it.

• Like 1

America’s top military officer in charge of monitoring hostile actions by North Korea, escalating tensions between China and Japan, and a spike in computer attacks traced to China provides an unexpected answer when asked what is the biggest long-term security threat in the Pacific region: ManBearPig.

manbearpig.jpg

We're back to calling it " Global Warming ? " I thought the environmental alarmists got rid of that phrase in favor of " Climate Change " after the record cold and snow from a few years back.

Whatever suits their changing mindset I suppose.

You would be wrong. The informed never stopped using Global Warming.

This is only an issue for those in deep denial.

Br Cornelius

But this article does not come out and say that. I hear you though, that is generally implied whenever someone who's religion is climate change speaks about it.

If he made this statement - it will be backed up by the whole weight of the Navy’s scientific researchers - it you who seem to have a religious fervour that denies reality.

Br Cornelius

In other words, he's admitting that we're the bad guys, without offering suicide as a remedy.

• 3 weeks later...

You would be wrong. The informed never stopped using Global Warming.

This is only an issue for those in deep denial.

Br Cornelius

actualy it is those that are brainwashed, never stopped using global warming phrase.the informed, know full well, the globe does not get warm, climate changes, and it has been happeing before man even exsisted on earth. it gets warmer in some spots while it gets colder in others, golfstream current is acually cools off. anyone that keeps saying global warming is real, shows he\she is cluless of real scope and nature of events that contribute to global climate change. saying global warming is as ignorant, as saying any kid can walk into a gun store and buy a machine gun. same degree of cluelessnes in both statments. and very often same ppl belive in both, coincedence???? i doubt it.

actualy it is those that are brainwashed, never stopped using global warming phrase.the informed, know full well, the globe does not get warm, climate changes, and it has been happeing before man even exsisted on earth. it gets warmer in some spots while it gets colder in others, golfstream current is acually cools off. anyone that keeps saying global warming is real, shows he\she is cluless of real scope and nature of events that contribute to global climate change. saying global warming is as ignorant, as saying any kid can walk into a gun store and buy a machine gun. same degree of cluelessnes in both statments. and very often same ppl belive in both, coincedence???? i doubt it.

Again this is factually incorrect. Global Warming is an increasing average Global temperature. It is real and demonstrably happening in the absence of natural drivers.

Global warming causes the climate to change and so we can say with confidence that Global warming causes Climate change to happen.

The two terms means different things, but are fundamentally interwinded. There is ample evidence to support the existence of both, and the contribution that man is making to both.

We all know that climate changes and always has - but that doesn't do anything to discredit the attribution of this particular episode to mans influence through burning fossil fuels - and there is a huge body of evidence which differentiates that cause from the natural drivers which are always happening.

Playing semantic games wont change this.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest