Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Whip My Hair

Night Walker

I saw Neil Young and Crazy Horse at the Birsbane Entertainment Centre recently (WOOOOO!!!) and my son showed me the following which I found amusing and would like to share:

[media=]

• Like 1

LOL

Fallon is pretty dead on. I saw NY in the early eighties at a small college venue.

Reminds me of some of the background you hear about where some artists got the ideas for their lyrics for their songs.

People like to project all kinds of romantic or tragic or deep meanings to song lyrics an artist got "off a cereal box", so to speak.

I'd kill to see NY perform in a small venue. I managed to get in the 2nd row but after standing for hours my legs were KILLING ME! Some people apparently didn't like the concert (Neil only played 2 of his "gentle" songs - the rest were LOUD - Yeah!!!) and walked out. The only things that annoyed me was 1) that they made thunder sounds with distortion for about 10 minutes at the end of one song as lights flashed to simulate lighting - we've had about 2 months of flooding rain here in Brisbane and I didn't appreciate paying good money to have my nose rubbed in it (lol) and 2) he didn't play any songs from "Americana" which in my opinion was a much better album than his other 2012 release "Psychedellic Pill" (some people also didn't like some of those long songs)...

I thought I was a pretty knowledgable fan too but only recognised about half the songs he played. But who better to be schooled by than the man himself...

Reminds me of some of the background you hear about where some artists got the ideas for their lyrics for their songs.

People like to project all kinds of romantic or tragic or deep meanings to song lyrics an artist got "off a cereal box", so to speak.

I was like that in my youth - pouring over lyrics in search of deeper meaning - but I see it differently now. I watched a Bob Dylan doco recently and the reporters were doing similar - "What does this lyric mean?" "What message are you sending?" - and Bob was dumbfounded. Mostly he just wrote what came to him and sounded good. Shakey has a similar approach. Amazing creative streak though - can't deny what resonates...

Now I just gotta see Tom Waites live and I can die happy...

Brilliant Night Walker! You made me smile. :clap:

sdc10723a.jpg

sdc10734a.jpg

sdc10746a.jpg