Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Necromancy

Did you ever wander wether you could bring back the dead? I aim to find information related to the "mystical" art of bringing

back dead people, or wether you can do it in a more scientific way (say keep a record of their memories and create a new body)

or wether it is COMPLETELY impossible. (I say completely, if you are interested to know why then why not google "parallel dimensions theory")

I am trying to be realistic, NO I do not want to bring back the dead, this is simply hypothetical and out of curiosity.

If you believe/disbelieve then please comment, please give reasons for your opinions.

Thanks.

When we learn how to artificially manipulate and rejuvenate all of the cells in a person's body, then, maybe, resurrection will be possible.

When we learn how to artificially manipulate and rejuvenate all of the cells in a person's body, then, maybe, resurrection will be possible.

I agree

• 6 months later...

Bring them back physically from the dead? Maybe if they were still fresh (like a hour or 2 old)...

After that, I would see decomposition taking too great a toil on the body. And I don't just mean rotting, But also the death of any bacteria that is normally found in the body to help it, and the damage that foreign bacteria would do...

Sooner somebody perfects necromancy the better. Speaking for myself, I have terrible dry skin problems and sometimes bits fall of me. So, necromancers, get working on those spells!

I didnt think Necromancy was to actuallly raise the dead but to get information out of them. I didnt think it was suppose to actually be a long lasting thing

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x

I didnt think Necromancy was to actuallly raise the dead but to get information out of them. I didnt think it was suppose to actually be a long lasting thing

Correct, though if necromancer performs their art on the dead undead, then they allow someone who was vampire to have some form of existance again. It is a matter of how dead their subject is. There is normal dead, undead and dead undead, a dead vampire, though death is relative to what the gods want it to be.

Correct, though if necromancer performs their art on the dead undead, then they allow someone who was vampire to have some form of existance again. It is a matter of how dead their subject is. There is normal dead, undead and dead undead, a dead vampire, though death is relative to what the gods want it to be.

Ok because I always see video games like Diablo 2 where the necromancer can actually raise the dead up to fight for him, he was actually my favorite character in that game

Don't really see any use.

Now back to scientific Necromancy, Anyone have any theory on

how science could bring back the dead?

I think it probably shouldent be possible, but it should be possible to keep a human alive.

As non-technology becomes more complex, I wouldn't be surprised to see the advent of immortality or a technological based necromancy like you see in Jason X (yes I know I will burn in hell, a volcano, or the sun for bringing up a spectacularly horrible horror movie as an example). Now would I want to bring back someone that has passed away if the technology made it possilbe? I'd have to say no, simple fact is that they are dead and they don't care and bringing someone back to life isn't serving some grand moral imperative, it is sating a selfish belief that you are going to somehow be absolved by the person you bring back to life, either by that person or by society in general.

• Like 1

It was an honor to spend time with all my dearly depart and am grateful for all of them and this is no time for me to be self absorbed and wish them back ..besides that they have already been given a new body in a new life and what would become of them should the two want to be alive and only the one one spirit to share ...oh my I will shut up I am good at that lol

• 3 weeks later...

Necromancy is not the art of bringing back the dead, but rather speaking with the dead. In fact the word "necromancy" is derived from the Greek words nekros (meaning dead body) and manteia (meaning divination). Sorry to break it to you, but you can't bring back the dead once they are dead.

Edited by Teddiumtum

Necromancy is not the art of bringing back the dead, but rather speaking with the dead. In fact the word "necromancy" is derived from the Greek words nekros (meaning dead body) and manteia (meaning divination). Sorry to break it to you, but you can't bring back the dead once they are dead.

Yeah that's what I basically said with my last post on here

Science may one day be able to do this whether it is physical resurrection of our bones or whether it is DNA cloning. It is a thin line though and I don't think scientists should be playing God. What's dead should remain that way. This is one topic that not even I would look into or get behind. Too creepy.

• Like 1

Science may one day be able to do this whether it is physical resurrection of our bones or whether it is DNA cloning. It is a thin line though and I don't think scientists should be playing God. What's dead should remain that way. This is one topic that not even I would look into or get behind. Too creepy.

Yeah we dont need any scientist playing Doctor Frankeintein, I agree with you

I think the time will come when science will be able to prolong our life to an extent, where "death" will have a new meaning. What I'm thinking about is the use of technology to transfer consciousness from the biological computer (brain) to the technological computer.

This is all just speculations right now, of course. But with this concept, death wouldn't mean the same thing like it does today. Your body will die, because of cells cannot live forever. Technology instead can stay for an infinite amount of time (assumed there will be maintenance, upgrading of the current technology and energy supply is guaranteed).

well you can summon spirits as far as i know and some peple say they use "Lesser Key of Solomon - Goetia" wich was translated by Alistair Crowley

here is the link http://hermetic.com/.../pdf/goetia.pdf

but i dont know if you can bring back the dead body. my opinion not now maby later

Edited by modas

Those books are for evoking spirits, not souls.

The beings evoked are not formerly living beings. They are not, and have never been human.

• Like 1

Those books are for evoking spirits, not souls.

The beings evoked are not formerly living beings. They are not, and have never been human.

Good point