Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Where Did God Come From?

Ultima Weapon

Everything is not possible, like Steve Martin said in the 70's " It's impossible to put a cadillac up you're nose, it's just impossible".

This is correct. There are things in nature that can exist physically but have no way of existing. A large star sized gold pkanet/globe. The laws of nature have no problem allowing it to exist, but it probably dosnt in any universe.

Black is not a color, it is the absence of color.

Nothing is not something, it is the absence of something.

Unless there is no absence of something. Then nothing is truely nothing. Even the Planck size must have a way of transferring information between the margins. Most likely "virtual" particles. What happens when the space between the ultimate spaces can be filled.... New space!!!! Then we call it dark energy?!?!?

Where did come from

bit of a tough one.. where did any of the gods come from?

were they there before people started believing in them..

did they spring from a idea or from the collective belief of many people...

personally.. I do not believe in a singular god.. there is no proof of a single god.. I believe in many gods..

but do they have their own gods above them?

its really a question that cannot be answered for everyone..

each person has their own beliefs.. some believe in a god.. some dont.. some believe in many gods.. or a goddess ... are they wrong?

no.. there is not one religion for the whole world.. every religion is correct for those that believe in that religion..

why should someone believe in a god.. or another form of deity..

the should not have to.. it is their choice to believe or not believe..

God is just a symbol of all good in the world.

Satan is a symbol of all evil.

At least that is what I believe.

They are purely symbolic for different aspects of the moral compass.

• Like 1

Infinity is the everything of one thing at a time, not the everything of everything," everything is possible" is in and of itself an impossibility. Nothing is only something in that it is devoid of anything,and Nothing can be infinite until it becomes something.Consciouseness can be infinite but it cannot be everything.In the beginning there was infinite nothingness that became something, and thats everything we know.

This is why god created time. So that all things on earth did not happen all at once.

The fact is man invented time as a way of bringing order to and compartmentalizing the day and night,and then later as our understanding of the seasons and the cosmos expanded we were able to use this tool to further civilization by identifying weeks, months,years etc. No need for a deity on this one. Danielost, not sure what you meant by " So that all things on earth did not happen all at once".

Edited by Royal

People invented units to talk about time and devices to measure it, but surely you don't think we invented time itself?

• Like 2

The fact is man invented time as a way of bringing order to and compartmentalizing the day and night,and then later as our understanding of the seasons and the cosmos expanded we were able to use this tool to further civilization by identifying weeks, months,years etc. No need for a deity on this one. Danielost, not sure what you meant by " So that all things on earth did not happen all at once".

That would be so that the past, present, and future don't take place at once.

But "all at once" is also a time-specific reference. Is it not?
  • Like 2

People invented units to talk about time and devices to measure it, but surely you don't think we invented time itself?

Time the way we understand it is immaterial to anyone but us.Rocks,creatures,plants, planets cannot tell time the way we tell time,and don't call me shirley.

How could this happen anyway?

The greatest mountains erode away. Time happens to everything.

I agree time happens to everything, but time only means something to us. Even all the other living creatures on this planet do not understand the concept of time, they may feel the effects of time, but they do not know that it is March 15,2013 according to the Gregorian calendar.

I agree time happens to everything, but time only means something to us. Even all the other living creatures on this planet do not understand the concept of time, they may feel the effects of time, but they do not know that it is March 15,2013 according to the Gregorian calendar.

The plant eaters follow the grass. The meat eaters stay put.

God created the seasons at the start of the world. Later he created months so that the Isrealites could have three holidays. Man created hours, minutes, and seconds.

The plant eaters follow the grass. The meat eaters stay put.

God created the seasons at the start of the world. Later he created months so that the Isrealites could have three holidays. Man created hours, minutes, and seconds.

First thing, the carnivores follow the food source wherever it goes,Second; which deity created the Chinese calendar with it's months and seasons? Edited by Royal

Arguments that wind down to things like, "Since the existence of nothing is a contradiction in terms then something has to exist and that is God" never made much sense to me, and I don't think I'm alone.

Better known as the g-d of gaps argument.

• Like 1

First thing, the carnivores follow the food source wherever it goes,Second; which deity created the Chinese calendar with it's months and seasons?

You need to watch big cat diary.

I didn't say all calendars were made by god. I know of four calenders in use today. Not sure the buddist have their own calenders, or the other religeons.

You need to watch big cat diary.

I didn't say all calendars were made by god. I know of four calenders in use today. Not sure the buddist have their own calenders, or the other religeons.

No what you said was that God created months, to which I asked you if God created the Chinese version of months? Also I don't need to watch a tv show to know that all carnivores don't sit back and wait for the Gazeles to return from spring break, and what that has to do with the OP, I have no idea.

Vietnam used the standard Western calendar except that the names of the months and of the days of the week aren't named after ancient deities but are simply counting numbers preceded by a "month" or a "day" specifier (a "specifier" is a part of speech not found much in English that tells you what kind of thing you are talking about).

One other difference: we use CE and BCE rather than AD and BC.

There also exists the "lunar calendar" (the Western calendar is generally called the "solar calendar"). It is uses to calculate certain dates (mainly when Tet begins) but otherwise generally ignored. I think the Vietnames lunar calendar came from China.

• Like 1

More then one definition of time. Time in this case is just a sequential progression of things that exist. Like using letters and spaces to form words and sentences is shows how time works. The faster you type the measurement of time in wpm will become distorted but the sequential progression of the letters and spaces still stays the same. (Both versions of time are taking in to consideration there :P)

Time didn't have to be created, It's a byproduct of existence.

Never understood God concepts like these involving trying to convince yourself that nothing is actually something.

Edited by Jinxdom
  • Like 1

No what you said was that God created months, to which I asked you if God created the Chinese version of months? Also I don't need to watch a tv show to know that all carnivores don't sit back and wait for the Gazeles to return from spring break, and what that has to do with the OP, I have no idea.

What I said is thast god created months, so that th isrealites would could have holidays. I am sure that the chinese invented months for simular reasons. Land carnivores set up territories, so that others of their kind don't compete with them fror the limited food sources when their main food source migrates to greener grass. The only exception I can think of are polar bears but they spend a lot of time swimming.

What I said is thast god created months, so that th isrealites would could have holidays. I am sure that the chinese invented months for simular reasons. Land carnivores set up territories, so that others of their kind don't compete with them fror the limited food sources when their main food source migrates to greener grass. The only exception I can think of are polar bears but they spend a lot of time swimming.

What you originally said was that God created time itself, then you stated that God created months{ months without days or hours or minutes I suppose, which you stated quite correctly, were invented by man}. You can't have it both ways,either God did it or man did it. Don't take all of this the wrong way,You can believe in anything you want to and I respect you for it,it's just there are some areas of religious faith that are simply that... faith, not fact.

What you originally said was that God created time itself, then you stated that God created months{ months without days or hours or minutes I suppose, which you stated quite correctly, were invented by man}. You can't have it both ways,either God did it or man did it. Don't take all of this the wrong way,You can believe in anything you want to and I respect you for it,it's just there are some areas of religious faith that are simply that... faith, not fact.

Startnd a new thread, so this can get back on topic.

Where did God come from? Well, he created the universe and set it in motion. The universe eventually produces life and then intelligent life, which goes on to evolve into beings of great power and spiritual elevation and just tons and tons of positive karma. In short it evolves God, who then goes back in time so as to start it all.

Where did God come from? Well, he created the universe and set it in motion. The universe eventually produces life and then intelligent life, which goes on to evolve into beings of great power and spiritual elevation and just tons and tons of positive karma. In short it evolves God, who then goes back in time so as to start it all.

You started out you're post with a question,and then proceeded not to answer it,so I'll answer it for you. Gods were invented by man as a tool to control the population through fear and faith.
  • Like 1