Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Walking Dead (TV Series)

Bracket

If the hitch hiker was part of the Gov’s team and planted as a trap, I am pretty sure the Gov would have hit Rick when they were stuck in the mud a few miles down the road.

He and his team would have followed Rick to find another opportunity and that would have been perfect time to hit them.

I never said he was,in ricks mindset though he could have been.Also as i said if they picked him up once he got to the prison and gained trust then started trouble who knows what the outcome could have been.Just making a point that in a world like that trust is a very hard thing to do.

I agree with what you said though "if" he was a plant would have been perfect timing or wait until they had him in the prison always good to have ones own planted behind enemy lines to cause discord :lol:

Yes but in this type of situation one would revert back to survival of the fittest along with only trusting a very few.Who knows that hitch hiker could have been sent out by the gov with others waiting in the woods to ambush or just went along by himself and caused all sorts of chaos when inside the prison.Look at ricks friend with the radio he was by himself and had snapped long before and then tried to kill him when he came back.In ricks case trying to protect himself and their small circle is his best bet.Considering he cant even trust his own brain to not short out,i wouldnt trust anyone either.

Not good enough imo. Rick only lived at all because his friend originally saved his life. Rick's son only lived because the good doctor chose to treat him. Losing all faith and letting someone die who was clearly being chased by zombies is a betrayal to all who helped him in the past, he proved he was not worth their efforts because he would not do the same for another and has become what he claimed to hate. There is no difference between Rick and the Governor right now, if Rick had been in the Governor's shoes at the outset of the Zombie outbreak he has shown clear as day that he would be just as bad today. I can't even be bothered taking sides and cheering for the "good guys", there are no good guys just decay of the human spirit, bah humbug.

I can't even be bothered taking sides and cheering for the "good guys", there are no good guys just decay of the human spirit, bah humbug.

Perhaps that was the point?

I have a feeling Rick will regain his human compassion. Perhaps he already has now that he appears to have accepted the death of his wife (that is, he no longer seems to be having hallucinations about her). His discussion with Hershel at the end of the last episode suggests to me he's done that - two episodes ago, he would have had no problem sacrificing Micchione. But for a time, he had lost it and became the thing he despised (the thing he killed Shane for back in Season 2). If not already, then soon he will walk back into his role as the compassionate leader.

Either that, or Rick will die and someone else (Daryl? Glen?) will step up and assume Rick's role. But I don't think that likely to happen (which means it probably will, since TWD love to throw us curve balls).

Edited by Paranoid Android
  • Like 2

Thay have to answer some of the questions raised above this episode or it is going to hurt the program. You can't drag this stuff out forever.

Perhaps that was the point?

I have a feeling Rick will regain his human compassion. Perhaps he already has now that he appears to have accepted the death of his wife (that is, he no longer seems to be having hallucinations about her). His discussion with Hershel at the end of the last episode suggests to me he's done that - two episodes ago, he would have had no problem sacrificing Micchione. But for a time, he had lost it and became the thing he despised (the thing he killed Shane for back in Season 2). If not already, then soon he will walk back into his role as the compassionate leader.

Either that, or Rick will die and someone else (Daryl? Glen?) will step up and assume Rick's role. But I don't think that likely to happen (which means it probably will, since TWD love to throw us curve balls).

the show will not be the same without Rick... Glen will make a good leader if only he wasn't impulsive, he needs Hershel's tranquility to be leader of the group

the show will not be the same without Rick... Glen will make a good leader if only he wasn't impulsive, he needs Hershel's tranquility to be leader of the group

Rick isn't going anywhere IMHO, he has too many things to resolve and the plot is all tied up in him and his family issues.

• Like 2

Seriously the second half of this season has been way to drawn out starting to get boring.2 episodes left and not a whole lot other than the jail break in has happened.Im sure i am not the only one who saw everything from tonights episode coming from a mile away.

Seriously the second half of this season has been way to drawn out starting to get boring.2 episodes left and not a whole lot other than the jail break in has happened.Im sure i am not the only one who saw everything from tonights episode coming from a mile away.

I don't know, I was on the edge of my seat the whole freakin' time. The ending was way nasty. They're building to the finale and had me all night.

I am really glad that Andrea is heading back to the group and I think Milton will save her ass. I think the Gov is bitten

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 2

The gay guy on The Talking Dead is a pain in the ass. Get over your sexual-preference and talk about the show idiot.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 2

I don't know, I was on the edge of my seat the whole freakin' time. The ending was way nasty. They're building to the finale and had me all night.

I am really glad that Andrea is heading back to the group and I think Milton will save her ass. I think the Gov is bitten

Yeah the end is going to be great,i just think in 8 episodes a bit more could have been done.I am not going to even put a spoiler up if its me i would have to click anyways haha.The last part of your spoiler i was wondering about myself seemed a bit odd.

The gay guy on The Talking Dead is a pain in the ass. Get over your sexual-preference and talk about the show idiot.

I actually watched talking dead tonight and yeah that dude was annoying,the part where they showed some of next weeks episode with merle im ready to see.I think merle is going to do something crazy sooner or later haha

I actually watched talking dead tonight and yeah that dude was annoying,the part where they showed some of next weeks episode with merle im ready to see.I think merle is going to do something crazy sooner or later haha

Concur, Merle wil be front and center next week.

Andrea has to be the worst hide-and-seek player ever! Also, why wouldn't she stuggle with him on top of her near the prison? She knew he was going to kill her after she left Woodberry. I'm really wondering if the Governer dies yet. I think he might survive all of this and escape.

• Like 1

I thought andrea was killed when the governor said he didn't find her, then she pops up in the torture chair at the end >_< all that running around for nothing, I'm pumped up for the next ep. Hopefully that guy with the glasses rescues andrea

Added spoiler tags

With all the talk between Milton and Herschel...

I have to wonder if Milton is going to find some way to localize the virus within the Governor... because I think the governor has been bitten... his actions when he returned to the town were just far to odd... The way he kept concealing his side with this jacket... pulling his jacking tight around him, even beyond the buttons.. and the way he was favoring his side... just seemed a bit off to me...

• Like 2

With all the talk between Milton and Herschel...

I have to wonder if Milton is going to find some way to localize the virus within the Governor... because I think the governor has been bitten... his actions when he returned to the town were just far to odd... The way he kept concealing his side with this jacket... pulling his jacking tight around him, even beyond the buttons.. and the way he was favoring his side... just seemed a bit off to me...

I agree

he was bitten at least once, how could he not have been? They were all over him. Milton will probably llock him up where Penny was stored.

I actually really enjoyed this week's episode. I think we're finally getting some momentum back after a couple of really quiet episodes. One thing I will say,

I don't think the Governor is bitten, the fact that he survived the swarm of zombies was the surprise, it wouldn't make sense for him to try and get by while bit. He will eventually become incapacitated and not surprise anyone when he turns. So he isn't going to turn. Though I do like merc's idea of storing him in the same place where he kept his daughter, but I just don't think the idea that he was bitten this week to be a plausible one

Next week's episode will be entertaining.

I thought this weeks was excellent.. hats off to the writers, I salute you.

Each episode at the moment makes you feel it's building to a "massive explosion of excitement." Two episodes left of this season and then TV is dead to me until October, when hopefully next season starts.

• *Note to self*: another reason to live for.

OK slightly off topic but has anyone watched the new Zombie movie: Before Dawn?

Good observation Merc, I hadn't thought about the Gov being bitten. I don't think he is. As much as I dislike the Gov, he does make it exciting, even though he is one sick puppy. I like Milton, but he isn't strong enough to survive for much longer.

Two episodes left of this season and then TV is dead to me until October

There's always Game of Thrones. Season 3 premieres March 31
  • Like 1

There's always Game of Thrones. Season 3 premieres March 31

Cheers PA, I haven’t seen any of them, sounds like a plan. I will see if I can get hold of season 1. :tu:

I just looove the theme melody to this show. Just when it starts building up with it violins and that haunting melody. Then when it picths down with those 3 heavy basstunes, with my surround theatre sound equipment the subwoofer is almost making me loosing my tooth-fillings and cause nose-bleed. Maybe I should tone it down a notch. ;)

[media=]http://youtu.be/l_KP0j-Av2o[/media]

Cheers PA, I haven’t seen any of them, sounds like a plan. I will see if I can get hold of season 1. :tu:

Definitely start at the beginning or you'll be very lost. Even then, you may be lost since they are based on a series of books (5 so far) that are around 1500 pages each. The series hasn't fully followed the books but they do a reasonable job There atte a lot of characters and like TWD, the "heroes" die as readily as the "villains".

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

My friend, you DEFINITELY need to get a hold of Season 1. This show is unfortunately not the type of show that can be picked up from season 3 and hope that you get the idea. As was mentioned, it is based on a series of books. Luckily for me, I'm a fan of the books and have read them when I was a teenager in the 90's, and started re-reading them now that the series has come out. I try to put myself in the shoes of those who may not have read the books, and what I come across is that there are a lot of characters to deal with, and it may make no sense unless you have taken the time to get to know the relationship between those characters. There are website out there dedicated to the relationship between the Houses and the characters. All I've used is the Houses list at the back of each book, but perhaps it won't be so easy if you don't know the story.

But don't let this scare you away, it is still a great story, and in my personal and obviously biased opinion, greater even than the Walking Dead. Enjoy, I envy you in some ways. What I wouldn't give to go back and get to watch Game of Thrones for the first time, being wowed by every storyline they brought up. I predict that XSAS will be a GoT fan long before Season 1 finishes :yes:

• Like 1