Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

thinking about buying a ouiji board

NocturnalWatcher

We do not have much of a argument then i believe strange things do happen and some believe strange things have happened.Science is there to prove the possibility or the reality of what is and what can be proven.I have seen things that i knew were real but what is real or not has to have some kind of proof atleast in this reality is all i am saying.Ouija boards i have been around with several people telling their stories and that so and so really knew what they were doing nothing!Nadda!Zip!Zilch!Zero!Absolutely no proof at all the only common thing these "experiences" had in commen was me.Never the same people,place,or anything else just my laughs when told it must be my energy lmao.A more arrogant type person would believe themselves to be a god of some sort with that 1 very simple answer :lol:

Okay, you're experiments with the ouija board has been benign. But my beliefs are one does not make any effort to contact spirits because it may open demonic doors and lead to the ultimate source of pain and misery and misfortune.

Okay, you're experiments with the ouija board has been benign. But my beliefs are one does not make any effort to contact spirits because it may open demonic doors and lead to the ultimate source of pain and misery and misfortune.

I do not discredit the way you think,sometimes it is best to leave well enough alone lol.As i said i have witnessed a few things before and one or two i just got my ass out of dodge :lol:

• Like 1

Even if the "spirit"pushes, pulls or uses any other method to move the glass the result is the same. The glass would move first, and the participants fingers on top would have to move to keep up with the movement of the glass, causing the stack of coins to lean backwards. This never happens. The stack always leans forwards, proving that the participants fingers move the glass, not some unseen "spirit".

I know what you are saying. But that will work only if the spirit "pull" the glass. No where says that a spirit have to pull the glass to make it move. It can simply put his fingers on the glass and push it like normal participants do. Now try to imagine that a spirit isn't a species with superpower that can move the glass with its mind, simply imagine that it's just a normal person in flesh and blood, what would it do?

Even if the "spirit"pushes, pulls or uses any other method to move the glass the result is the same. The glass would move first, and the participants fingers on top would have to move to keep up with the movement of the glass, causing the stack of coins to lean backwards. This never happens. The stack always leans forwards, proving that the participants fingers move the glass, not some unseen "spirit".

"Participants" include the spirit. The spirit could just put his finger on the glass like a real person and push the glass. There is no difference between a human finger and a spirit finger pushing, just because a spirit isn't made in flesh and blood.

Wrong.......Wrong....Wrong....Wrong......

Proof?........Right here... http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=181521&st=0

Very easily answered because none can explain them,there is no proof they exist.

Well that was about the easiest answer i have ever been asked about to explain on this forum :whistle:

Honestly i believe that spirits can exist energy never dies,but what one puts as a good or bad possible spirit that they have no proof even exist is pure foolishness.

There question answered.If you want a expert opinion to tell you the same thing ask a scientist why they do not study things that have no factual basis to them or why people label one good or bad.A scientist i am not,if you do not believe in science i have plenty of good ideas i can prove if you want to send me a bit of cash to fund my projects :D

Science has and does research these things.......

A lot of it posted on the hundreds of threads on Ouija boards, but just ignored.

i was thinking of buying a ouiji board anx trying to contact any demon or spirit that i can talk to just so i can see it with my own eyes.

Check out the new model>>

ouija-board--1_zpsd141c181.jpg

• Like 3

Maybe it is just me, but talking to myself isn't that entertaining.

LOL. oh that was great.

"Participants" include the spirit. The spirit could just put his finger on the glass like a real person and push the glass. There is no difference between a human finger and a spirit finger pushing, just because a spirit isn't made in flesh and blood.

I think we a re going to have to agree to disagree. You are never going to accept that it is the human participants that move the glass. There is one more " proof". Take a book. Any book. Randomly highlight a sentence and then hide the book. Invite several people to use the ouija board. Once they have "made contact" ask the spirit to repeat the highlighted sentence. The "spirit" always fails.

I think we a re going to have to agree to disagree. You are never going to accept that it is the human participants that move the glass. There is one more " proof". Take a book. Any book. Randomly highlight a sentence and then hide the book. Invite several people to use the ouija board. Once they have "made contact" ask the spirit to repeat the highlighted sentence. The "spirit" always fails.

Of course it fails, spirit isn't God. Just because it is a spirit, doesn't make it omniscient. There is no proof that there is actually a spirit watching you highlighted a sentence and saw you hide the book, and there is no proof that the spirit you contacted is actually the spirit saw your doings, it could just be a random spirit fly from the sky.

You didn't explain why a spirit finger is different than a human finger when pushing the glass.

Example, the spirit could put his hand like this on top of your hands and make it moving

stock-photo-office-workers-hold-hands-together-on-table-76953661.jpg

So what argument you're gonna use to say such position is impossible for the glass to move in a normal way?

Of course it fails, spirit isn't God. Just because it is a spirit, doesn't make it omniscient. There is no proof that there is actually a spirit watching you highlighted a sentence and saw you hide the book, and there is no proof that the spirit you contacted is actually the spirit saw your doings, it could just be a random spirit fly from the sky.

You didn't explain why a spirit finger is different than a human finger when pushing the glass.

Example, the spirit could put his hand like this on top of your hands and make it moving

stock-photo-office-workers-hold-hands-together-on-table-76953661.jpg

So what argument you're gonna use to say such position is impossible for the glass to move in a normal way?

Because it's a trick, like most of the spiritualism stuff. Although you do make a good point that there is no proof that the spirit watched you highlight the sentence. So, try this, once a "spirit " has been contacted, explain that you are going to highlight a sentence in a book. Then do it so only the participants cannot see the highlighted sentence. Then place the book, open at the highlighted page, in a position that cannot be seen by the human participants, but can be seen by anyone or anything else in the room. Then ask for the sentence to be spelled out. Again, the sentence is never spelled out. However, if you leave the room, the sentence is "mysteriously" repeated by the spirit.

Because it's a trick, like most of the spiritualism stuff. Although you do make a good point that there is no proof that the spirit watched you highlight the sentence. So, try this, once a "spirit " has been contacted, explain that you are going to highlight a sentence in a book. Then do it so only the participants cannot see the highlighted sentence. Then place the book, open at the highlighted page, in a position that cannot be seen by the human participants, but can be seen by anyone or anything else in the room. Then ask for the sentence to be spelled out. Again, the sentence is never spelled out. However, if you leave the room, the sentence is "mysteriously" repeated by the spirit.

With regard to the finger, ask a skeptic along to your next sitting and ask them to contact a spirit and make the glass move. It doesn't. Because? there is no spirit, and therefore no finger.

Edited by voiceofreason

You know... If I was a ghost or spirit.. I would really resent being asked to do silly parlour tricks... I mean... I come back all the way back from heaven (I hope) or get a temporary leave of absence from the 'other place' - to once again communicate with my family/friends loved ones (or creditors) - and they want me answer a bunch of stupid questions... With my warped sense of humor there is no telling what I would 'say' on one of those silly boards...

Okay. But I won't do it. Why don't you do the experiment instead. You need 100% cooperation from the spirit, you need to ask if it saw the sentence and you need to ask that it will not lie when answering.

With regard to the finger, ask a skeptic along to your next sitting and ask them to contact a spirit and make the glass move. It doesn't. Because? there is no spirit, and therefore no finger.

Your point is? A skeptic cannot make the glass moves and a believer can make it moves? There is no difference between a skeptic's and a believer's subconcious (if you think it's about subconscious). None. We're all humans, everyone has a subconsious.

Will still talking about the ouija board game from parker brothers? Guys, the whole thing is for fun, divination boards/crystals are the staple of old gypsy sheisters. Trust me, I am of middle eastern/mediterranian dissent, I have great aunts that "fortune tell" really well, it's all a load of BS. (Well it does require some good intuitive skills to read people and make believable guesses.)

Ouija boards are for entertainment purposes, if teens and preteens were constantly being eaten or possessed by other dimensional beings, I'm sure they would have been pulled off toys-r-us shelves or atleast make the "top 10 dangerous x-mas gifts" list by now.

Sheesh...

Here is something for you quija board believers... Try in blindfolded.

What??!! All of a sudden the ghosts cant spell!!??

That should tell you something.

• Like 1

Here is something for you quija board believers... Try in blindfolded.

What??!! All of a sudden the ghosts cant spell!!??

That should tell you something.

Turn off your screen. What??!! No more post/thread is made!!??

It is a bad idea. Its like opening your door and letting anyone walk in. You might not be scared of a demon attack and all that but as someone who has been through all of it you may want to be careful. At 18 I was being stalked by demons and shadowpeople. Both of whom wanted me dead. They would walk out in the middle of the road and jump at my car. My brakes would stop working etc. I had evps of demonic voices telling me I was going to die etc. Leave it alone. If you want to prove to yourself that this is real there are much safer ways to do so. Preferably with a group and experianced people who know what to do when a situation goes bad.... Good luck and please be careful no matter what you decide to do

. If you want to prove to yourself that this is real there are much safer ways to do so.

Here we go again.......

Okay. But I won't do it. Why don't you do the experiment instead. You need 100% cooperation from the spirit, you need to ask if it saw the sentence and you need to ask that it will not lie when answering.

Your point is? A skeptic cannot make the glass moves and a believer can make it moves? There is no difference between a skeptic's and a believer's subconcious (if you think it's about subconscious). None. We're all humans, everyone has a subconsious.

My point is, it's just a game and no more likely to be a conduit for spirits than monopoly.

• Like 1

IF ghosts/demons are real and can communicate with people, they won't need a mass produced cardboard game board and plastic triangle to do it.

• Like 1

You were right... the skeptics have to come out. When you said this - "the key is really wanting and believing to come into contact." It's statements like those that seperate "believers" and skeptics.

I'm not arguing, the human mind is extremely powerful and complex, and if you "convince" your brain that something "is" that in all likelyhood for you, it is reality. But that doesn't make it "real" to the world at large so to speak.

So of course, if you buy a magic board fully believing it will contact spirits, likely it will, in your mind. But as someone else said, try it blindfolded with a camera on you and your partner and see how well the spirits do.

• Like 2

Wrong.......Wrong....Wrong....Wrong......

Proof?........Right here... http://www.unexplain...pic=181521&st=0

You don't understand what proof is.

Fist, while "your" thread may make you proud, it is hugely repetitive. Second, it is as much proof that demonic entities have free will and can choose not to be summoned as it is that demons don't exist. We are not the puppet masters. Humans are the deceived in the game of demonic peek-a-boo.

As i have said before,those who go seeking things may get a manifestation that what they believe or seek is true the brain is no doubt a powerful thing.Those who do not seek yet see have seen the truth,no matter if they want to believe it or not.