Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Drunk teen killed

Ashotep

Thank you! No matter what, people who are anti-gun will constantly blame the homeowner, and they make complete fools of themselves doing so. I can't understand their logic whatsoever.

Why don`t you get it? I am not blaming the home owner outright, I am saying there was no need to have killed him outright, the owner had the advantage as we have established his position on the stairs, the state of the youth and the fact that the owner was the one with the pointed gun.

You always turn this to say we are anti gun, WRONG!!! i am anti using your gun to shoot and kill when it was not necessary!

• Like 1

Now we have a bit more info, (later posts) shows he did confront the youth and had time to evaluate the situation......we have moved on since that. We may even get more info, hence once other points are established we move on again..............keep up.

Well I jumped in on the conversation late, and really didnt want to read 22 pages of comments. Besides my comment was more in general responding directly to the post I quoted.

Later posts by people on here? Or facts from reliable sources? 23 pages is too many for me to through.

Links to the news items. Can`t be ar$ed to look actually, am going to move on to something else for a bit, maybe a bit of bigfoot debunking.

• Like 1

Links to the news items. Can`t be ar$ed to look actually, am going to move on to something else for a bit, maybe a bit of bigfoot debunking.

I read every single post here this morning and now all I want to do is "shoot myself"....

Edited by xsas
  • Like 2

I read every single post here this morning and now all I want to do is "shoot myself"....

Just break into a random home early in the morning. Apparently, you'll be evaluated first. LMAO!

If the guy, had a baseball bat, instead of a gun, (some people keep baseball bats by their beds) and hit the kid in the head with it, thinking it was an intruder/burglar, and the kid died, would we be saying homeowners shouldn't have baseball bats??

The owner would have to run over the the teenager and maybe the teenager would of been able to say something or get out or hide quick

Later posts by people on here? Or facts from reliable sources? 23 pages is too many for me to through.

EDIT: The kid is the one to blame here. Alcohol didn't get him killed, and neither did the gun. His stupid decision to get flat out trashed was the reason he was shot.

well being drunk makes you do stupid descions

well being drunk makes you do stupid descions

That's why I don't get why people are blaming the gun.

• Like 3

That's why I don't get why people are blaming the gun.

Nobody is blaming the gun. The question is if the killing was justified. Doesn't matter how he killed him.

• Like 1

Did the home owner not have a light switch? The intruder could have been his own kid if he had a teenager. Over reaction in the part of the home owner. And kids are stupid when it comes to alcohol. Such a tragic story that could have ended differently.

The kid was underage and shouldn't have been drinking. Want to blame somebody, blame the idiot who bought the teenagers the alcohol.

Isn't against the law to buy underage minors alcohol?

• Like 2

I would like to know who bought the alcohol for him.

• Like 2

That makes two of us.

I would too. If a bartender, or someone having a party, can be charged for letting someone drink too much and they have an accident on their way home someone should be charged for providing this minor alcohol.

I would too. If a bartender, or someone having a party, can be charged for letting someone drink too much and they have an accident on their way home someone should be charged for providing this minor alcohol.

Yeah! I mean, they need to find out who was having this "party" and who bought underage minors alcohol. I'm almost 28 and I STILL get carded. EVERYWHERE.

Did the home owner not have a light switch? The intruder could have been his own kid if he had a teenager. Over reaction in the part of the home owner. And kids are stupid when it comes to alcohol. Such a tragic story that could have ended differently.

did you bother to read details posted on previous pages??? please do. it has all your answers.

Edited by aztek

Hey it just keeps getting better and better....

The parents of 16-year-old Virginia teen Caleb Gordley, who was killed Saturday when he drunkenly entered the wrong house, said Tuesday they forgive the neighbor who shot their son.

"I want you to know sir, I forgive you," said Jennea Gordley, Caleb's mom,
to the
Loudoun County firefighter who shot the teen, believing he was an intruder. "I understand this was an accident. I truly believe everything happens for a reason. My son, he's an angel."

According to Caleb's father, Shawn Gordley, the 16-year-old Parkview High School student sneaked out of the house to Saturday night to party with friends. He later walked home and jumped the fence that runs behind his own home -- and his neighbor's -- and climbed through an unlocked window of the neighbor's house.

When Caleb Gordley began to walk up the stairs of the neighbor's house, believing himself to be heading toward his own bedroom, the neighbor shot him.

"Whether he gave a warning shot or yelled at him, I'm pretty sure Caleb thought it was me yelling at him," Shawn Gordley said. "He kept walking toward what he thought was his room because the houses are identical."

The Gordleys were critical of Loudoun County Sheriffs, who they say have been less than forthcoming through the investigation and prohibited them from seeing the body of their son until Tuesday, after they spoke with the media.

"I feel like I was robbed of the opportunity of even identifying his body," said Jennea Gordley, who lives in Dayton, Ohio and traveled to Sterling after learning of Caleb's death.

Loudoun County Sheriff Mike Chapman said the department had been cautious in releasing information as the investigation was ongoing, but promised a review to see if it could have been handled better.

Caleb Gordley was an aspiring rap artist and played three sports at Parkview High.

Wow a lot of my post deleted from this topic,pointless to post on this anymore.

• Like 1

Wow a lot of my post deleted from this topic,pointless to post on this anymore.

Why the hell are your posts being deleted?

Yeah, why?

yes, I would like to know too. We are debating here and nothing so far has warranted deletion!!

I just feel that is again pushing the blame onto someone else. No one forced this kid to drink, or sneak out of his own house, or be dumb enough to not heed a warning shot.

Again, I think it is horribly tragic that someone died in this, but the shooter is justified, given what we know and the circumstances.

• Like 2

I bet you that somewhere, someone thinks that this was planned and was ment to be killed

parents too for allowing it to happen

Hey it just keeps getting better and better....

better and better? are you proud that this boy died?