Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Projection FAQs & Techniques Thread

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

when you say reclining is there a specific angle your talking about or?

Wherever you are most comfortable.

So I don't know if this is my progress going somewhere but. I was practicing pre AP meditation and well I ended up falling asleep.

Soon after though I had my very first lucid dream. It was pretty crazy i was in the middle of a large battle. The moment i became lucid though

The guy I was fighting against turned 30 ft tall and became grotesk.

Also I couldn't move, I was stuck on my belly in a pre-push up position.

This was just before I woke up and he took a swing at me.

Is this something I should work out before I AP?

So I don't know if this is my progress going somewhere but. I was practicing pre AP meditation and well I ended up falling asleep.

Soon after though I had my very first lucid dream. It was pretty crazy i was in the middle of a large battle. The moment i became lucid though

The guy I was fighting against turned 30 ft tall and became grotesk.

Also I couldn't move, I was stuck on my belly in a pre-push up position.

This was just before I woke up and he took a swing at me.

Is this something I should work out before I AP?

Yes. My dreams have turned on me when I have become lucid before also. This is part of the shadow phenomenon it's worth working on. The trick is to stay singularly focused and take a lot of action. When you start to think is when your shadow will rear its head. It lives deep in your thoughts and your memories of past nightmares.

Edited by Seeker79

Not sure if I was lucid dreaming or APing, but about a week ago this happened..

It started with a dream where I was trying to post a comment on UM, everything kept going wrong with it, and in the dream I couldn't post... Anyway, I wandered off to do something else, then returned to try and post a comment.. It was at this point that everything faded. In the dream I fell into intense vibrations then I collapsed to the ground & I became 100% Ludid within the dream. The experience was strange, awesome, but would have been so much better if I wasn't paralysed and laying there thinking I'd suffered a stroke in my dream (Which interestingly enough I'd been thinking about before going to sleep)... Quickly someone came runing up behind me, grabbed my ankles, and started dragging me away.. I couldn't see, but the feelings were deffinately of being dragged away.. (I had this feeling that I was being returned to my body) Eventually I was able to open an eye where I saw complete darkness, everything was black, including my fingers. Except where my fingers were trying to grip the ground (or lack of it) there was an electric blue/green kind of energy, like static between my black fingers & the black fabric of the blackness around me.. I woke a few seconds later..

Throughout this I felt no fear.. It was really awesome for a first time knowing I was dreaming kind of thing.. Anyhow, am kind of wondering what class of event this fell into.. Was it Lucid dreaming? Astral Projection? There were vibrations all thoughout this event, and paralysis manefested thoughout..

Am kind of leaning toward it being a rather lame spontanious Lucid dreaming type event compared to other peoples experiences.

Edited by Professor T

Not sure if I was lucid dreaming or APing, but about a week ago this happened..

It started with a dream where I was trying to post a comment on UM, everything kept going wrong with it, and in the dream I couldn't post... Anyway, I wandered off to do something else, then returned to try and post a comment.. It was at this point that everything faded. In the dream I fell into intense vibrations then I collapsed to the ground & I became 100% Ludid within the dream. The experience was strange, awesome, but would have been so much better if I wasn't paralysed and laying there thinking I'd suffered a stroke in my dream (Which interestingly enough I'd been thinking about before going to sleep)... Quickly someone came runing up behind me, grabbed my ankles, and started dragging me away.. I couldn't see, but the feelings were deffinately of being dragged away.. (I had this feeling that I was being returned to my body) Eventually I was able to open an eye where I saw complete darkness, everything was black, including my fingers. Except where my fingers were trying to grip the ground (or lack of it) there was an electric blue/green kind of energy, like static between my black fingers & the black fabric of the blackness around me.. I woke a few seconds later..

Throughout this I felt no fear.. It was really awesome for a first time knowing I was dreaming kind of thing.. Anyhow, am kind of wondering what class of event this fell into.. Was it Lucid dreaming? Astral Projection? There were vibrations all thoughout this event, and paralysis manefested thoughout..

Am kind of leaning toward it being a rather lame spontanious Lucid dreaming type event compared to other peoples experiences.

Oh, no prof. You were somewhere inbetwewn for sure. Usually in normal dreams you would not feel vibrations. Vibrations only happen in the margins based on my own experiences of course.

Hey guys, can you help me? I've only experienced the vibration stage once when I tried astral projecting. That was about two weeks ago. Since than, I have not been able to reach that stage again. I start out by just relaxing my body. Oh, I also use binaural beats. Anyways, I will relax my body, and I will feel my body go numb. I do start to think alot in my mind, but I try my best to wipe those thoughts away. Eventually, I feel my body go really numb, but the thing is I can never get to sleep paralysis. Any tips on how I can get to the vibrational stage?

Hi everyone. This is my first post. Sorry if it's on the wrong page, the reason why I posted here is because I found something related to my problem on this thread (from a Google search). I have had sleeping paralysis since I was a child (with the full range of creepy visuals, sounds, and physical sensations. A few times I could have sworn that the TV came on and all I saw was static which seemed as loud as a water fall. That only happened a few times, and I know it sounds daft, like something of the Ring... but all I saw/hear was static - nothing else. I don't sleep with a TV in my room anymore). I've also experienced things like 'out of body' experiences, floating, thinking that I've fallen through my body, or being slightly displaces - half in and half out (all while in a sleeping paralysis like state). But this isn't why I'm posting. Two nights ago I may have been in a slight state of sleeping paralysis and saw a darkish (perhaps a little bit browny/greyish and transparent/fuzzy) spiky ball floating and rotating over my bed, over me and particularly my sons head. My 3 year old will sometimes climb in the bed between me and my wife. The ball was about the size of a large grapefruit. I looked at it, I was worried about it, perhaps I thought about trying to 'shoo' it away or something, and it seemed to dissipate I don't have any particular religion, I 'think' I'm a fairly rational person who is open minded. This bothered me a little, does anyone have any idea what it could be, or if I should be concerned about it. I just want to say I do not take any drugs, or have any history of ill mental health. Hope anyone can give me a little guidance or answers. Again, sorry if this is the wrong place to post.

Hi everyone. This is my first post. Sorry if it's on the wrong page, the reason why I posted here is because I found something related to my problem on this thread (from a Google search). I have had sleeping paralysis since I was a child (with the full range of creepy visuals, sounds, and physical sensations. A few times I could have sworn that the TV came on and all I saw was static which seemed as loud as a water fall. That only happened a few times, and I know it sounds daft, like something of the Ring... but all I saw/hear was static - nothing else. I don't sleep with a TV in my room anymore). I've also experienced things like 'out of body' experiences, floating, thinking that I've fallen through my body, or being slightly displaces - half in and half out (all while in a sleeping paralysis like state). But this isn't why I'm posting. Two nights ago I may have been in a slight state of sleeping paralysis and saw a darkish (perhaps a little bit browny/greyish and transparent/fuzzy) spiky ball floating and rotating over my bed, over me and particularly my sons head. My 3 year old will sometimes climb in the bed between me and my wife. The ball was about the size of a large grapefruit. I looked at it, I was worried about it, perhaps I thought about trying to 'shoo' it away or something, and it seemed to dissipate I don't have any particular religion, I 'think' I'm a fairly rational person who is open minded. This bothered me a little, does anyone have any idea what it could be, or if I should be concerned about it. I just want to say I do not take any drugs, or have any history of ill mental health. Hope anyone can give me a little guidance or answers. Again, sorry if this is the wrong place to post.

You were perceiving something. my personal guess was a virus. Did your son get a fevor not long after? Don't worry about your symptoms, they are actually quit common.

Edited by Seeker79

Thanks for the feedback! He had a little bit of a seasonal cold. Nothing serious though (I hope). He seems fine now. Does it not seem odd to perceive something as common as a seasonal cold? I don't know, if I'd seen a floating banana, or something that resembled an everyday object I mightn't have thought it so strange. It was the fact that what I saw was a bit more abstract. In the past I have thought I caught glimpses of things or people. But this is the first thing that stuck around for a good or 3 seconds before disappearing, so I managed to get a good luck at it.

Thanks for the feedback! He had a little bit of a seasonal cold. Nothing serious though (I hope). He seems fine now. Does it not seem odd to perceive something as common as a seasonal cold? I don't know, if I'd seen a floating banana, or something that resembled an everyday object I mightn't have thought it so strange. It was the fact that what I saw was a bit more abstract. In the past I have thought I caught glimpses of things or people. But this is the first thing that stuck around for a good or 3 seconds before disappearing, so I managed to get a good luck at it.

Not odd at all. Our ancestors ( particularly the shaman) entered into altered states of conciousness to diagnose disease all the time. Of course what they witnessed, they called evil spirits, but we know what they are now. The first time I saw them was over one of my sons also. Scared the crap out of me actually because I perceive disease as eyeless entities. They vary and respond differently based on the differences in disease. The roto virus was particularly nasty. I must admit usually you have a symbol for what you perceive, but your translation seemed quite literal. A fuzzy spiky ball is exactly what some viruses look like. Do you by any chance have a scientific background?

Edited by Seeker79
  • Like 1

Oh, no prof. You were somewhere inbetwewn for sure. Usually in normal dreams you would not feel vibrations. Vibrations only happen in the margins based on my own experiences of course.

Thanks..

I've actually had vibrations in a dream recently..

Can someone stuck in the Inbetween from a dream state, roll out and Ap?

Thanks..

I think so. I have come to consider it layers. This is not a scientific analysis just an experiential one.

Layer 1) alert and awake

2) light trance beginning theta images

3) deep trance --vivid Theta images

4) hypnagogic ---Vivid realistic images superimposed upon the real world

5) sleep paralyisis ---- body pralyzed with vivid hypnagogic images

6) vibratory ---- body vibrating, astral noises

7) The margin ----- this is the layer ap occurres. If we can hold this layer we can be concious during our exit and in control.

8) dream state asleep ( rem or non rem it dosnt matter). Though it is interesting that in non rem we still have dreams but our eyes don't move.

9) deep non dream state. I think this is closer to what anestisia does.

Change from 5-8 or 8-5 can happen very fast without any awareness of it. Though with practice you can be aware through each layer and learn to control where you are at. I also think if one is aware of vibration and ap, that it is possible to dream that one has experienced these things. I have dreamet that I was takeing the journey when upon waking I realized it was all a dream.

• Like 2

Not odd at all. Our ancestors ( particularly the shaman) entered into altered states of conciousness to diagnose disease all the time. Of course what they witnessed, they called evil spirits, but we know what they are now. The first time I saw them was over one of my sons also. Scared the crap out of me actually because I perceive disease as eyeless entities. They vary and respond differently based on the differences in disease. The roto virus was particularly nasty. I must admit usually you have a symbol for what you perceive, but your translation seemed quite literal. A fuzzy spiky ball is exactly what some viruses look like. Do you by any chance have a scientific background?

Thanks very much for sharing your experience. It's reassuring knowing that others have had similar experiences. Now you mention it, it did look like something that you might see under a microscope. Possibly a daft question comming up - if I see it again what should I do? I know my member name sounds like I've got some kind of medical background, but I'm actually a failed artist turned translator. Thanks again for responding, and next time I'll make sure to post on the correct board.

Edited by Dr Jellyfish

Thanks very much for sharing your experience. It's reassuring knowing that others have had similar experiences. Now you mention it, it did look like something that you might see under a microscope. Possibly a daft question comming up - if I see it again what should I do? I know my member name sounds like I've got some kind of medical background, but I'm actually a failed artist turned translator. Thanks again for responding, and next time I'll make sure to post on the correct board.

No such thing as a failed artist ;) being an artist may give you the internal sight to see more accurately. I'm a martial artist so I probably see something to fight.

I have blasted them with light, it seems to clear away the image, but it dosnt seem to do much good. I recently felt them inside of Somone and went after all of them. She did not get sick, but lets face it it's not a very clinical conclusion ;)

The best thing I did was to discover some particularly nasty ones were comeing our way, so I stocked up on children's Advil, pedialite, and some other medicines. When it hit, it was miserable. We were all sick at the same time with the roto virus. A nasty stomach flue. All five if us were sleeping on the floor with towls and big bowls handy. The kids are just not quick enough to make it to the bathroom. It was nice to have all the preparations handy. I'm working on it though. I would like to make more use out of it than just an observation or omen.

Edited by Seeker79

Thanks..

Your experience was not a lucid dream, i would say you were already out of your body when having this one, but like being in the space between dimensions/layers. I've had some pretty interesting things happen in this state from very clear channellings/mediumship experiences where typically only one of my senses has all the input, usually my hearing - and everything else feels kinda shut down including movement.

It was during this state that i once experienced having SP in the perspective of my astral body - still hard to get my mind around it, but my awareness was multi spread between my physical body which wasn't paralysed, and my astral body which was projected into another dimension and which the sp was affecting my astral/other body in that dimension. I felt 'stuck' between here and there during the duration of it, but the clarity of my awareness was super clear and beyond just the physical, so the experience really opened my eyes more to what SP is about.

• Like 1

To the conversation of Dr Jellyfish and Seeker-

Yeah it is quite strange to think that viruses can have a presence or energy, or even a astral form, but i can validate this experience too. I have experienced even in my normal day to day being, sensing energetically (clairsentience) the exact target area of what was the noro virus hrs before the symptoms and the awareness of them having it hit in another person. I was surprised by it because it felt like what a psychic attack to the solar plexus may feel like, and there it was a virus causing a definite psychic level interference.

I also have experience of psychically sensing the effect of chemo on cancer.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy

No such thing as a failed artist ;) being an artist may give you the internal sight to see more accurately. I'm a martial artist so I probably see something to fight.

I have blasted them with light, it seems to clear away the image, but it dosnt seem to do much good. I recently felt them inside of Somone and went after all of them. She did not get sick, but lets face it it's not a very clinical conclusion ;)

The best thing I did was to discover some particularly nasty ones were comeing our way, so I stocked up on children's Advil, pedialite, and some other medicines. When it hit, it was miserable. We were all sick at the same time with the roto virus. A nasty stomach flue. All five if us were sleeping on the floor with towls and big bowls handy. The kids are just not quick enough to make it to the bathroom. It was nice to have all the preparations handy. I'm working on it though. I would like to make more use out of it than just an observation or omen.

I take that back. Literally minutes after finishing this post I took her to the ER. How synchronistic is that?

I take that back. Literally minutes after finishing this post I took her to the ER. How synchronistic is that?

I'm really sorry to hear that. I hope all is well.

The more I think about seeing/ perceiving it, the more I find it strange. When I normally see stuff I tend to be fully in sleeping paralysis. The thing is I can actually remember turning around, then getting a fright. Before I had the chance to react it was gone. Talking about fighting or confronting things though - in my 20s I would often dream of floating around and when I'd wake up, I'd be stuck in SP. One or two times I felt like I was being grappled or pressed ans prodded by a tall fuzzy greyish figure. I wasn't happy so I somehow managed to grab its arms and squeezed back as hard as I could. It seemed to panic a bit. It was weird, I was in SP, but my arms seemed to be working. It gets weirder... I realized that the thing I was grappling with was in front on me, but that couldn't be right, because I like to sleep against the wall (this was to reduce the amount of things I might see if I did get SP). Anyway, when I did regain full control of my body I jumped out of bed and thumped the wall a few times (I must have looked pretty daft). I rarely experience anything half as vivid these days. That's why I was so shocked about seeing the spiky ball while pretty much having full control of my body.

Edited by Dr Jellyfish

I'm really sorry to hear that. I hope all is well.

The more I think about seeing/ perceiving it, the more I find it strange. When I normally see stuff I tend to be fully in sleeping paralysis. The thing is I can actually remember turning around, then getting a fright. Before I had the chance to react it was gone. Talking about fighting or confronting things though - in my 20s I would often dream of floating around and when I'd wake up, I'd be stuck in SP. One or two times I felt like I was being grappled or pressed ans prodded by a tall fuzzy greyish figure. I wasn't happy so I somehow managed to grab its arms and squeezed back as hard as I could. It seemed to panic a bit. It was weird, I was in SP, but my arms seemed to be working. It gets weirder... I realized that the thing I was grappling with was in front on me, but that couldn't be right, because I like to sleep against the wall (this was to reduce the amount of things I might see if I did get SP). Anyway, when I did regain full control of my body I jumped out of bed and thumped the wall a few times (I must have looked pretty daft). I rarely experience anything half as vivid these days. That's why I was so shocked about seeing the spiky ball while pretty much having full control of my body.

She is ok. Something is going on with her blood pressure.

I have been through all of that. Wrestling with shadow is actually more common than you might think. 👍

She is ok. Something is going on with her blood pressure.

I have been through all of that. Wrestling with shadow is actually more common than you might think. 👍

I hope all is fine. It's awful when your little ones get poorly. Than you very much for replying to my posts.

I hope all is fine. It's awful when your little ones get poorly. Than you very much for replying to my posts.

Oh... Hehe it was my mother. She lives with us.

Guys i am not 100% sure if i had a successful Astral projection last night or if it was a weird dream. Last night i could feel some sort of vibrations and when i was trying to calm myself so i could project i believe i saw my "Astral Arms" when my Eyes were completely shut. Whats even weirder is that i was seeing my desk that sits next to my Bed, but there was something different about it: It had a Picture on it, and it was in Black and White while the rest of the dream was in Color. Also when i looked up in the dream/obe i could see Human Like Entities standing there. Which startled me awake because i wasn't expecting to see anything. Also when i awoke that Picture frame wasn't there either which made me feel uneasy for some reason. I wonder if i am getting better at this. What do you guys think?

• Like 1

Guys i am not 100% sure if i had a successful Astral projection last night or if it was a weird dream. Last night i could feel some sort of vibrations and when i was trying to calm myself so i could project i believe i saw my "Astral Arms" when my Eyes were completely shut. Whats even weirder is that i was seeing my desk that sits next to my Bed, but there was something different about it: It had a Picture on it, and it was in Black and White while the rest of the dream was in Color. Also when i looked up in the dream/obe i could see Human Like Entities standing there. Which startled me awake because i wasn't expecting to see anything. Also when i awoke that Picture frame wasn't there either which made me feel uneasy for some reason. I wonder if i am getting better at this. What do you guys think?

Here's a link you might find interesting. http://www.lucidity....eamingFAQ2.html

Have a look at 1.3 and read the lab study.

Then work out for yourself what you think is most likely occurring. :)

• Like 1

Here's a link you might find interesting. http://www.lucidity....eamingFAQ2.html

Have a look at 1.3 and read the lab study.

Then work out for yourself what you think is most likely occurring. :)

Thanks for the Link. I all ready 1.3 and it'll take me a while to read everything else.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked