Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Drunk teen killed

Ashotep

The kid was drunk, I doubt he knew what was going on. The fact that the houses may have been built the same, does not mean the furniture is the same, the kid did not notice any of this...because he was drunk.

Can`t see how the owner did not notice that the kid was drunk....maybe one little shove would have stopped him, after all the owner was standing on the top of the stairs.

But who really knows what really took place there, apart from the sober person?

I'm sure he did know he was drunk by that point.. In my opinion, that makes a person that much more unpredictable and potentially more dangerous. I'm sure that particular opinion is also common among law enforcement.

Besides, with all the complaining about "He didn't need to shoot to kill him", the guy put a round in his shoulder, not center mass. Unfortunately for the adolescent, he didn't survive.

• Like 1

If a warning shot doesn't stop them, then a bullet injury will. A well place injury in the leg will drop them to the ground. There is numerous ways to disabling someone without killing with a gun. Yes they will probably have a bullet wound and injury afterwards, but I won't have to kill someone. Pain is a good motivator in stopping someone.

For all who still want to try and judge the man http://www.foxnews.c...intcmp=trending

Looks like he knew how to aim the weapon, little do people know (probably from watching too many movies) being shot in the shoulder can be fatal, as evidenced in this instance. There is no 'safe' place to shoot someone, and to be honest, he let the kid get a lot further than he should have.

Gee what do ya know a shot to the shoulder.....I know most of you anti gun people probably do not know this but that usually is not a kill shot!Guess the whole he shot to try and kill him he could have shot him in the leg or elsewhere just to maim him theory just got thrown out the damn window!Now i see the argument switches to he could have gave him a little shove :o ...Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds :lol:

A shot to the leg can easily kill, too.

But it isn't a instant kill. I could have cops and ambulance there in 20 minutes. Anything is an kill shot if you let the individual bleed out.

Edited by Uncle Sam

If a warning shot doesn't stop them, then a bullet injury will. A well place injury in the leg will drop them to the ground. There is numerous ways to disabling someone without killing with a gun. Yes they will probably have a bullet wound and injury afterwards, but I won't have to kill someone. Pain is a good motivator in stopping someone.

You are aware that you can die by being shot in the leg, correct? Not sure where this notion came from (probably too many movies, again), but a firearm is not a non lethal weapon. If you want to stop someone without using lethal force, you have a variety of options (tasers, pepper spray, high frequency directional soundwaves, extremely bright lights). Using a firearm has one design, and that is to put a bullet at a high velocity into something. Every round that hits a body is potentially fatal. There is no 'safe' bullet wound.

In my opinion, and it's an opinion shared by many, is that propogating this myth about shooting someone in the leg or arm is outright dangerous. It causes people to be trigger happy (because they think the person won't die), and it causes the one who is shot to be able to retaliate with their own firearm.

Everyone who has ever taken training in using firearms knows a couple things. 1) Never point your weapon at anything you don't intend to kill 2) If you have to fire your weapon at a human being, you aim for center mass.

There are only a few groups who are taught to shoot elsewhere, the most common being sharpshooters. In that case, they're trained to shoot the inside of one of the eye sockets, it causes an instant kill with a low probability of an involuntary reflex.

• Like 1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Femoral_artery

This is in your leg, and it only takes a few minutes to bleed out. In all the movie watching, this is about the one thing they do get right. Black Hawk Down and The Fan both have deaths in them because the femoral artery was severed.

• Like 1

But it isn't a instant kill. I could have cops and ambulance there in 20 minutes. Anything is an kill shot if you let the individual bleed out.

You're aware that the shoulder shot wasn't an instant kill? The kid unforunately probably had this severed with the shot http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basilic_vein

Again, there is no safe gunshot wound.

*Sighs.* Whatever you say Green.

*Sighs.* Whatever you say Green.

Ok, here's a challenge. Find me one shred of evidence that there exists a 'safe' spot to shoot someone. To make it easier on you, just find me some trainer or training material that validates your claims of a 'safe' spot to shoot someone. I've been searching for something to help out your position, but can't find anything other than adolescents on message boards saying 'shoot them in the leg'. Well, I've already pointed out how dangerous it is to be shot in the leg. Another assumed one is the shoulder and arm, which we found out in this instance was fatal.

Seriously, stop watching action movies and look at real life information. Actually, take a look at the others posts about 'shooting in the leg' and observe your company. You won't find one person, who is trained to use firearms, support your claim.

It's not 'whatever I say', it's reality.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/life/human-biology/best-place-to-get-shot.htm

Looks like I and Ed Sizemore agree. The only people I'm finding in agreement on the position of a 'safe' spot is a handful of anonymous internet people, who majority also have said they don't shoot guns, nor do they think Americans should be able to buy guns. Everybody else; CCW holders, trainers, law enforcement, and military all agree that if you pull your gun to shoot someone, you aim for center mass.

• Like 2

http://science.howst...to-get-shot.htm

Looks like I and Ed Sizemore agree. The only people I'm finding in agreement on the position of a 'safe' spot is a handful of anonymous internet people, who majority also have said they don't shoot guns, nor do they think Americans should be able to buy guns. Everybody else; CCW holders, trainers, law enforcement, and military all agree that if you pull your gun to shoot someone, you aim for center mass.

If someone breaks into my house in the middle of the night im damn sure not going to try and give them a case of stigmata :lol::gun:

• Like 5

All I can say is don't break into someones house and you won't get shot.

• Like 3

You are aware that you can die by being shot in the leg, correct? Not sure where this notion came from (probably too many movies, again), but a firearm is not a non lethal weapon. If you want to stop someone without using lethal force, you have a variety of options (tasers, pepper spray, high frequency directional soundwaves, extremely bright lights). Using a firearm has one design, and that is to put a bullet at a high velocity into something. Every round that hits a body is potentially fatal. There is no 'safe' bullet wound.

In my opinion, and it's an opinion shared by many, is that propogating this myth about shooting someone in the leg or arm is outright dangerous. It causes people to be trigger happy (because they think the person won't die), and it causes the one who is shot to be able to retaliate with their own firearm.

Everyone who has ever taken training in using firearms knows a couple things. 1) Never point your weapon at anything you don't intend to kill 2) If you have to fire your weapon at a human being, you aim for center mass.

There are only a few groups who are taught to shoot elsewhere, the most common being sharpshooters. In that case, they're trained to shoot the inside of one of the eye sockets, it causes an instant kill with a low probability of an involuntary reflex.

Some people have watched to many Westerns, and Bruce Willis movies, throw in the lethal weapons....

When you are protecting you and your families lives, you are not aiming, you are trying to hit and stop the danger.

Myself, I would do like trinity below...... :blush:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpFWSD9JZ7M

I agree 100%

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 3