Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Feeling like I'm dreaming?

xXSolemnDemonXx

After having a lucid dream, one night, I woke up feeling like I was dreaming. I walked out into the living room, saying, "Is this real?" I touched my face and arms and I couldn't feel anything. The lighting was different, as if I were dreaming. I thought I was either dead or dreaming. I went back to sleep and I was fine when I woke up. Is this normal?

Edited by xXSolemnDemonXx

After having a lucid dream, one night, I woke up feeling like I was dreaming. I walked out into the living room, saying, "Is this real?" I touched my face and arms and I couldn't feel anything. The lighting was different, as if I were dreaming. I thought I was either dead or dreaming. I went back to sleep and I was fine when I woke up. Is this normal?

Sounds almost like night terrors,i am no expert on dreaming though.I have crazy ones of my own that i do not understand lol

False Awakening.

Weird things, especially if you end up in a chain of them, freaky. It's like you'll never wake up and forever be subject to a repeated simulation.

And and NEVER look at Mirrors...ever.

Edited by Sean93
  • Like 1

Hi,

I would say not a common experience but not unique either.

Normal enough. ;) a false awakening.

• 4 weeks later...

I was actually awake, though.

Ahhhhh got it. Yes you were probably still lingering in the hypnagogic layer of conciousness. Fairly rare to have it last so long like that being able to walk around and things. I have only experienced it myself through meditation.

I started experimenting with lucid dreaming. The trick is to know you are dreaming and then control your dream to make sure. It takes a lot of concentration and is difficult to maintain. I did it a few times but didn't like the results when it would go sideways on me. So I quit trying.

Why not?

I had a chain of false awakening in one dream. Like 5 times in a row, to the point that I couldn't tell if this wake up is real or not... !!!??

False Awakening.

Weird things, especially if you end up in a chain of them, freaky. It's like you'll never wake up and forever be subject to a repeated simulation.

why is looking at mirrors so bad?

I get dreams like that too, before sleep paralysis kicks in, but not all the time, sometimes I wake up in bed like nothing ever happened

why is looking at mirrors so bad?

If you look at a mirror while dreaming, it could become distorted and sometimes scary.

• Like 2

Ahhh now that I think about it I did have a dream once and I looked at my mirror, it didnt get distorted but it was flashing all kinds of lights,it scared the living daylights out of me

If you look at a mirror while dreaming, it could become distorted and sometimes scary.

I remember someone said the same thing before; deja vu

Edited by FlyingAngel