Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Guns save lives thread

F3SS

Again I post that the best thing about the gun ban efforts by Democrats was that the end result is that this country is far more armed than ever before.

Which in turn will may result in more massacres, way to go Merica...

Personally, I like the "grandmother holds two men for police" that still comes up when I check for it. I'm sorry, I'm having trouble with copy and paste on my computor at the moment. There have been all kinds of articles from local news stations around the US if you google "home invader shot", "woman shoots home invader", or "multiple home invaders shot".

They don't make a big splash in national news, but they have a huge effect on the local communities. :tu:

• Like 4

I wanted to dump a few nationwide local stories that are all dated within the last week or so.

http://www.fox23.com/news/local/story/Homeowner-shoots-at-intruder-during-home-invasion/XBwh0Rpwm0qs6X_4Zfnqyg.cspx

A north Tulsa homeowner ended a home invasion by firing a shot at the intruder on Wednesday morning.

It all happened around 1:20 in the area of Pine and Gilcrease. Police say the homeowner's alarm went off, so he got up to check on his kids. Police say that's when he saw the suspect coming in through a backdoor.

The suspect then ran out the same way, and the homeowner fired one shot at him. POlice say that bullet is lodged in the door. No one inside was hurt and the suspect got away. Police don't have a good description of the suspect, they only know he was wearing black clothing.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/17/oregon-homeowner-shoots-wounds-suspected-intruder/

WARRENTON, Ore. – Police say a homeowner in the coastal community of Hammond shot and wounded a suspected burglar.

Warrenton Police Chief Matthew Workman says an officer heard the shot Friday night, a few minutes after dispatchers received a call from a neighbor saying the homeowner was holding an intruder at gunpoint.

When the officer went inside, he found 25-year-old Tony Tischer wounded on the floor. The officer calmed Tischer until help arrived, and the man was taken to the hospital.

The name of the 44-year-old homeowner has yet to be released. Workman says the man gave his 12-gauge shotgun to the officer and has cooperated with investigators.

No arrests have been made.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/17/oregon-homeowner-shoots-wounds-suspected-intruder/#ixzz2OB0B2AKI

http://whnt.com/2013/03/13/albertville-homeowner-shoots-kills-intruder/

“Your home is your castle, you can only retreat so far as your home,” Smith said.

“I’m sure at the time he felt he was in danger so he took what action he thought he needed to take at the time to protect himself… You can back away from anything but home is as far backwards as you can go. At what point do you leave your house to let them have it?

“If that’s even a question, and in my mind, it wouldn’t be,” he said.

Investigators said the homeowner fired just one shot with his shotgun, and Smith said he is sure this will be viewed as a victory for people in the pro-gun crowd.

“Things like this probably happen every day and fortunately it doesn’t happen every day in our county or neighborhood. I’m a supporter of the second amendment and you do what you’ve got to do and you use what tools are necessary,” Smith said.

Police said they were familiar with the suspected burglar, Lacey, from previous investigations. Albertville Police arrested him last week for first-degree theft of property, and the Marshall County Sheriff’s Office also arrested Lacey in December for theft.

I think there should be a limit to have how many guns a person should have.

That's like saying a person should only be allowed to have 2 cars or 3 houses or whatever.It's down to personal Choice at the end of the day and freedom.

• Like 4

I think there should be a limit to have how many guns a person should have.

Right, there should be. And that limit should be to how ever many that person can afford, while still able to pay off his/her debts and support themselves and their family. Other than that, no, there doesn't need to be a limit.

• Like 4

‘I JUST PUT THREE ROUNDS IN HIS A**’: DRAMATIC 911 CALL CAPTURES OKLAHOMA MAN SHOOTING HOME INTRUDER AFTER POLICE COULDN’T ARRIVE FAST ENOUGH

A dramatic 911 call recorded a Oklahoma man’s confrontation with an intruder who broke into his Ponca City home early Thursday morning. The homeowner ended up shooting the intruder several times when police didn’t arrive in time.

The roughly five minute 911 call begins frantically enough: “You better get these (expletive) here or they will die,” the man told a 911 dispatcher.

The homeowner stayed on the line with 911 as he waited for the police to arrive. However, the police didn’t arrive before the intruder found his way into the house.

“They’re beating on my front door right now,” he said.

“Okay, we’ve got them on the way,” the dispatcher replied.

“They better hurry up, because I will blow these (expletive) away.”

A short time later, the home intruder managed to gain entry into the home. It was at this point that the homeowner fired several shots at the suspect.

“I just put three rounds in his ass,” he informed the dispatcher.

Click here to listen to the 911 call.(see link)

Ponca City Police say the incident took place at around 4:30 a.m. Thursday. The intruder was transported to a nearby hospital by ambulance and then airlifted to another Tulsa hospital. His condition was unknown Friday and police have not identified the suspect.

“The case is under investigation. Ponca City Police say once they complete the investigation the case will be turned over to the DA,” KOKH-TV reports.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/03/22/i-just-put-three-rounds-in-his-a-dramatic-911-call-captures-oklahoma-man-shooting-home-intruder-after-police-couldnt-arrive-fast-enough/

• Like 1

This is a great example of why private firearms ownership is necessary. And a powerful "what would you do" to the anti-gun types out there.

Someone is forcefully breaking into your home. You've called 911, but the perp gains entry before they arrive.

What do you do?

• Like 4

Well colorodo suggests, for women at least, that they take off their high heel shoes, vomit and then urinate to ward off an attack for similar reasons that monkeys fling poop and eat their vomit. For men, use scissors.

• Like 4

Well colorodo suggests, for women at least, that they take off their high heel shoes, vomit and then urinate to ward off an attack for similar reasons that monkeys fling poop and eat their vomit. For men, use scissors.

Of course Joe Biden would just blast through the door with his double barreled scatter gun.

• Like 3

Yea, that was some real wise advice. What if the pizza guy was at the wrong house?

• Like 1

Yea, that was some real wise advice. What if the pizza guy was at the wrong house?

That's probably why he had that half million dollar hotel bill in Paris - he blew holes in all of the doors.

• Like 1

Gun prayer:

Now I lay me down to sleep,

Beside my bed a Glock I keep.

If I should awake and find you inside,

The corner's van will be your next ride.

Amen.

• Like 3

Now I lay me down to sleep,

Beside my bed a 17 round Beretta with hollow points, I keep.

If I should awake and find you inside,

The corner's van will be your next ride.

Amen.

• Like 1

This is a great example of why private firearms ownership is necessary. And a powerful "what would you do" to the anti-gun types out there.

Someone is forcefully breaking into your home. You've called 911, but the perp gains entry before they arrive.

What do you do?

I think the Liberal arguement is that if you take guns out of the hands of the Law Abiding public, that criminals will not have guns. Because as any Liberal will tell you, that criminals only get guns from people they rob.

Of course this is pure bunk and propoganda.

• Like 1

OFF-DUTY COP SHOOTS ARMED CRAIGSLIST SELLER WHO TRIED TO ROB HIM

The seller of a laptop on Craiglist picked the wrong buyer to mess with Saturday night.

Off duty Panama City Beach police officer was hoping to buy the computer from a man at Callaway Chase Apartments in Panama City, Fla. According to WJHG though, officer Neil Howard sensed something was off when he arrived at the designated meeting place off of Highway 22 at 9:45 p.m. — and his instinct was right.

As Howard was about to leave, a man named Antwan Boulware came toward him brandishing a gun, attempting to get Howard’s money. But Howard shot Boulware who was later found at a hospital with injuries to his legs.

Boulware was charged with armed robbery, according to WJHG.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/04/01/off-duty-cop-shoots-armed-craigslist-seller-who-tried-to-rob-him/

NAKED HOMEOWNER HOLDS BURGLAR AT GUNPOINT UNTIL POLICE ARRIVE

.....“I’m in bed sleeping, I get up, I retrieve my sidearm, I chase him out the front door. I’ve got him pinned on the ground. It’s 4:55 in the morning and I don’t have a stitch of clothing on,” Martin told the station. “I’m basically telling him at this point, ‘Stay on the ground, don’t move, because if you do move, I will shoot you.’”

Police said the suspect is 30-year-old Clinton Keller, and that he’d been through the kitchen and other parts of the home, KUTV-TV reported. Police said Keller tripped outside with a duffel bag full of items when Martin caught up with him.

“I said, ‘Do you know what I have pointed at you?’ He said, ‘No,’ and I said, ‘Do you want to know?’ and he of course doesn’t respond to that one, so I tell him, ‘Let me explain, I’ve got a .9mm pointed at you with high-velocity hollow points in the chamber,’ and I explained to him what that will do to him if he moves,” Martin told KSL. “He tried to get up once, and I explained again that this was the last time I was going to have this conversation with him, and he stayed on the ground at that point.”.....

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/03/30/naked-homeowner-holds-burglar-at-gunpoint-until-police-arrive/

.....“We are incredibly grateful for this homeowner and what he did,” St. George Police Sgt. Sam Despain told KSL. “It was brave, and it was a great conclusion to what could potentially have been a very bad situation.”...

• Like 1

HOMEOWNER SCUFFLES WITH, SHOOTS AND KILLS HOME INTRUDER ON EASTER MORNING

Two intruders were in for a surprise on Sunday morning when they broke into Lee Heng’s apartment. Rather than cowering, the 63-year-old homeowner scuffled with, then shot at the two alleged robbers at his Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, home. One of the perpetuators subsequently died.

The Easter morning incident unfolded as Heng and his two children were sleeping. The two suspects apparently scaled the building’s wall and entered a second-story bathroom window. Here’s how NBC News recaps the incident:

Heng was sleeping when he heard his 14-year-old son screaming. Realizing his son was in danger, Heng immediately took action.

“I jumped out of the bed and I grabbed my gun,” said Heng.

Police say the armed intruders confronted Heng and a struggle ensued. During the scuffle, Heng opened fire and the men left the house through the window and onto the rear roof, according to police.

Heng said that one doesn’t have much time to process before taking action in dangerous situations like the one he found himself in this weekend.

“You don’t have time to think,” he told NBC. “They came like lightning.”

Police are looking for this second suspect, who is said to be of medium build and who was last seen wearing black. The identity of the suspect who was killed has not yet been released.

The homeowner told police that he recognized the men from the neighborhood and that they were potentially robbing the jewelry store he runs on the first floor of his house.

Heng likely won’t be charged, as the gun was used inside the home and he was protecting his family.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/04/01/homeowner-scuffles-with-shoots-and-kills-home-intruder-on-easter-morning/

• Like 1

Wait, wait, wait.... What you're posting is not possible. Because the media continually tells us that you are a brazillian times more likely to have your gun turned on you and killed, then to actually protect even a single sock in your own home....

(Sarcasm....)

• Like 2

True. Guns neither take nor save lives, people do.

Kinda like "Neither the Irish nor the moon can control the Crimson Tide!!"

Go BAMA, ROLL TIDE!!

Just put a "G" in front of Obama and you get GObama!!

RTR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :w00t:

How much is a brazillion die? I'll make it my mission to post that many stories here.

How much is a brazillion die? I'll make it my mission to post that many stories here.

Oh.... It is somewhere between 195 million and 200 million. :tu:

My daughter (age 5) used the word like that a couple times and I thought it was funny.

EDIT: Crap... Brazil population clock says it is just over 200 million now...

http://countrymeters.info/en/Brazil/

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1