Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pet. Peeves.

Keel M.

when somebody uses my microwave and takes the food out before the time is up, and doesn't clear the rest of the time off the microwave!

(i may have a bit of ocd)

• Like 3

When people make up thread titles instead of using the article title... Usually to boost the fear/slander/oomph/whatever factor.

Like an article title will read something like "2 acres of trees cleared for a new facility" and the OP will change that into "Big business destroys the earth again".. Or "Politician X speaks out against birth control" and it gets changed to "Political party X hates women yet again"...

Even more bugging is when people point out the change in title, and the OP is like "what, I didn't do that".. Then who the eff made up the new title, your dog?

Grrr, just use the dang article title for the thread title. Cut, copy, paste, it's easy enough and it's far less misleading.

Edited by rashore
  • Like 3

30399366204935647_TpYMKKKG_f.jpg
  • Like 1

Lately my biggest pet peeve is when someone comes up to a stop light and stops two full car lengths behind the car in front of them... Especially when there are multiple lights close together (which also annoys me)... this often forces people to be stopped several times by the same light, and only helps to further snarl traffic, or not being able to enter a turn only lane because some so-and-so hasn't pulled up closer to the car in front to let you in...

Now every time I see this happening, I think of you Taun. LOL Saw it just this morning as a matter of fact.

• Like 2

Now every time I see this happening, I think of you Taun. LOL Saw it just this morning as a matter of fact.

I've been noticing that a lot more since I read Taun's peeve as well. LOL

Now I have a new one: Pet Peeve's that are contagious. :D

• Like 2

I hate telemarketers.

Sometimes, people fight back at these annoying phone calls.

Here's my favorite:

• Like 2

Lately my biggest pet peeve is when someone comes up to a stop light and stops two full car lengths behind the car in front of them... Especially when there are multiple lights close together (which also annoys me)... this often forces people to be stopped several times by the same light, and only helps to further snarl traffic, or not being able to enter a turn only lane because some so-and-so hasn't pulled up closer to the car in front to let you in...

Everyone elses responses got me thinking about this too... I'm guilty of doing it- but only when I'm in Chicago. I learned to leave a car space between me and the car in front of me because in some neighborhoods you need to leave a "get away" space just in case you are approached by people that want to attack you.. You need to be able to pull away quickly when this happens, and leaving that space is critical.

But in other neighborhoods you gotta ride the bumper ahead of you because people will see a 12 inch gap between the cars and practically hit both cars trying to wedge into the space!

• Like 2

Here's an other pet peeve of mine to chew the fat over...

It's horse's on busy urban and suburban streets.They shouldn't be there and I can't understand why their pilots think they can go against the flow of traffic.Not even a simple hand signal that gives the right of way isn't enough to defy white vans and HGV's.You thought these riding schools would be quietly tucked inside the English countryside.There is one near Daisy Nook.However instead of riding on the bridle paths alongside the River Medlock they cause gridlock in Bardsley.Any professional horse pursuits are not done on a street.So why would a road surface be ideal preparation for dressage,show jumping and cross- country.All of which are done through a field or on a paddock.I don't even think country lanes are ideal.They are just a serious RTA waiting to happen.

Speaking of which you've also got those muppet drivers who have mobile phones rammed in their ears!If it's an important call pull into a lay-by or service station.Your stupid life might depend on it!

Also I'm going to seriously lay into my sister.She keeps insisting on cluttering the kitchen sink with dog ends.

• Like 1

In Vietnam there is a social rule that the younger person always serves the older. There are not many around who are older than me, so I almost never get to pick out my own food.

• Like 2