Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Walking Dead (TV Series)

Bracket

HS, Merle as a Zombie was awesome and, unbelievably, quite sad! Merle turned the corner back to humanity before Rick. Michael Rooker did a great job as Earl BTW, well done sir. Really great episode this week as a set up for a big one next week, It better be two bloody hours!!!! These guys are good.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

HS, Merle as a Zombie was awesome and, unbelievably, quite sad! Merle turned the corner back to humanity before Rick. Michael Rooker did a great job as Earl BTW, well done sir.

I will watch the last episode next week,think im done watching though.Now im pulling for the gov :lol:

.............that was quite unexpected . I cried ......

[quote name='Tia' timestamp='1363781443' post='4705301

Did anyone notice near the beginning that the Gov set up all sorts of surgical type tools? My thoughts are he won't let _ go so if he let's her get bit on the leg like Hershel and chops it off in time it'll make it hard for her to leave him on one leg. Especially after seeing _____

He set them up for _ ,but who knows who he will use them on . A couple were gynecological instruments. I saw them and shuddered.

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 1

I really enjoyed tonight's episode. After a few episodes of not much but character development we finally get to see the fruits of that work. I must admit that

For some reason, I had a feeling Merle was going to get bit tonight. What I didn't expect was to feel sorry for him. And poor Daryl, he had to kill his own brother.

Now I'm really really REALLY looking forward to next week's conclusion. I disagree with CrimsonKing -

Rick did the right thing! It may have taken him a bit of time to work that out, but that doesn't make him an "indecisive piece of....", and certainly it doesn't give me reason to start rooting for the Governor

• Like 2

I wasent ready to want to cry =( lol

Damn!!!After tonights episode

hope rick gets bit,indecisive piece of ****!!!

All because he saw 'her' again. I did think his little speech to the rest of the group was pretty good though.

BTW, I wonder how much Sarah Wayne Callies gets paid for her little 'ghost' appearances per episode?

• Like 2

All because he saw 'her' again. I did think his little speech to the rest of the group was pretty good though.

BTW, I wonder how much Sarah Wayne Callies gets paid for her little 'ghost' appearances per episode?

She looks like she put a little needed weight on. LOL. She actually looks healthier then when alive. Rick's speech was very well done and just in time because I was about done with him.

His stupid idea that turning Michonne over would make peace with the psychopath governor showed that he reallly had lost it. The fact that seeing his dead wife changed his mind means his son may be right and it is time to pass the lead to someone else. I never expected Merle to die, that one totally surprised me.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

His stupid idea that turning Michonne over would make peace with the psychopath governor showed that he reallly had lost it. The fact that seeing his dead wife changed his mind means his son may be right and it is time to pass the lead to someone else. I never expected Merle to die, that one totally surprised me.

Yeah, I didn't see that one coming either, but that's the beauty of this series!

• Like 1

I am really disappointed with Glen. He could've at least spelled out "Will you marry me?" with dead zombies and then taken Maggie to the roof!!!

Edited by ChewiesArmy
  • Like 5

I think for a while some thought that you could be turned by a scratch, but that was because they couldn't see bite marks on the zombie. That was before it was known that dying a natural death also caused zombification.

On the splatter-effect, I've always thought it was a matter of getting the virus into the blood stream. Only a direct bite could cause that. splattering blood on the skin won't do it (unless there's an open wound) and perhaps not even ingesting it (it might go through the digestive tract without ever infecting the blood).

It could get into the blood stream through the eyes or even the mouth though, and with all the blood flying around that's likely to have happened to at least 1 person.

I had thought that people had died from a scratch, but I may be wrong.

I really enjoyed tonight's episode. After a few episodes of not much but character development we finally get to see the fruits of that work. I must admit that

For some reason, I had a feeling Merle was going to get bit tonight. What I didn't expect was to feel sorry for him. And poor Daryl, he had to kill his own brother.

Now I'm really really REALLY looking forward to next week's conclusion. I disagree with CrimsonKing -

Rick did the right thing! It may have taken him a bit of time to work that out, but that doesn't make him an "indecisive piece of....", and certainly it doesn't give me reason to start rooting for the Governor

We agree to disagree then,when he came up with his plan he knew what kind he was dealing with.Should have kept his mouth shut till 100% sure Merle even told him he didnt have it in him. ;)

Oh and to further explain my reasoning that was my favorite character ,i know it wasnt everybody elses.

Edited by CrimsonKing

We agree to disagree then,when he came up with his plan he knew what kind he was dealing with.Should have kept his mouth shut till 100% sure Merle even told him he didnt have it in him. ;)

Oh and to further explain my reasoning that was my favorite character ,i know it wasnt everybody elses.

Neither did Merle. He couldn't carry it out either. I liked Merle because he added drama, but actually he was the biggest wuss in both groups, as Michonne so politely pointed out.

Edited by ChewiesArmy
  • Like 1

Neither did Merle. He couldn't carry it out either. I liked Merle because he added drama, but actually he was the biggest wuss in both groups, as Michonne so politely pointed out.

I give that honor to rick ;)

Did anyone note th very cool music playing in the car ? OLD Ted Nugent and motorhead !

• Like 2

Did anyone note th very cool music playing in the car ? OLD Ted Nugent and motorhead !

Wasnt sure but i thought it was,good ears simbi!HaHaHa

• Like 3

I give that honor to rick ;)

What? The biggest wuss? He's not a follower like Merle was, and he now knows that he needs help from the group. Toughness doesn't come from swear words and acting like an idiot ot hide your fear. Toughness comes from being honest about your own weaknesses and working through them to strengthen them.

• Like 3

What? The biggest wuss? He's not a follower like Merle was, and he now knows that he needs help from the group. Toughness doesn't come from swear words and acting like an idiot ot hide your fear. Toughness comes from being honest about your own weaknesses and working through them to strengthen them.

Merle wasnt afraid to take action,not always the smartest thing as we have saw a few times haha but still tried to get things done.Rick kept trying to act like a leader yet fumbled away opportunities.Toughness comes from within oneself and not being afraid to act,hesitation is one of the biggest weaknesses.Though now we are discussing philosophy about a tv show with zombies,kinda funny :lol:

Merle wasnt afraid to take action,not always the smartest thing as we have saw a few times haha but still tried to get things done.Rick kept trying to act like a leader yet fumbled away opportunities.Toughness comes from within oneself and not being afraid to act,hesitation is one of the biggest weaknesses.Though now we are discussing philosophy about a tv show with zombies,kinda funny :lol:

Merle didn't have a kid a baby and just lost his wife. Two very different sets of motivation . Merle was close to a sociopath in some ways. Darryl kept him sane.

When he wasn't with Darryl ,he was completely insane. Reunited with Darryl,he atoned for his past misdeeds .

I'm sure he didn't intend to die ,but he knew he had a more than 50% chance of doing so .

He did it so Darryl would be proud of him ,not ashamed .

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 1

Merle didn't have a kid a baby and just lost his wife. Two very different sets of motivation . Merle was close to a sociopath in some ways. Darryl kept him sane.

When he wasn't with Darryl ,he was completely insane. Reunited with Darryl,he atoned for his past misdeeds .

I'm sure he didn't intend to die ,but he knew he had a more than 50% chance of doing so .

He did it so Darryl would be proud of him ,not ashamed .

You are correct,but do not forget a lot of the insanity we saw from merle had a little to do with having to cut his hand off to get away from walkers.Also darryl wasnt much different from merle at the begining either ;) I missed most of season 2 getting caught back up this week with the marathon,hell almost forgot most of season 1 haha.

Im wondering how darryl will view rick now,he was the reason they were seperated in the first place now his hairbrained idea led to his brothers death.Also remember this is a world gone to **** right and wrong have changed in its place has come survival,it is easy for us as the viewers to sit back and judge.Have to excuse me but im not the type who always pulls for the "good guys" in movies,books,shows just not my nature to try and excuse their faults because it seems like the right or popular thing to do :tu:

Just watched the show. I felt sorry for Darryl, the way he kept pushing Merle away before he realized what he needed to do. In a way I wonder if Merle did what he did to show some sort of remorse or group acceptance?

I don't think Darryl will blame Rick as they all knew Merle was always a hot headed,do as you want guy. I was surprised that he let Michonne go and I'm glad as she and Maggie can certainly keep up with the guys when it comes to fighting.

Glenn, just hope he washed Maggies ____ first lol. It's nice to see though with an unknown future that they are still at least trying to have some semblance of a normal life.

• Like 2

You are correct,but do not forget a lot of the insanity we saw from merle had a little to do with having to cut his hand off to get away from walkers.Also darryl wasnt much different from merle at the begining either ;) I missed most of season 2 getting caught back up this week with the marathon,hell almost forgot most of season 1 haha.

Im wondering how darryl will view rick now,he was the reason they were seperated in the first place now his hairbrained idea led to his brothers death.Also remember this is a world gone to **** right and wrong have changed in its place has come survival,it is easy for us as the viewers to sit back and judge.Have to excuse me but im not the type who always pulls for the "good guys" in movies,books,shows just not my nature to try and excuse their faults because it seems like the right or popular thing to do :tu:

The fear of death isn't insanity. Merle was a scared person. He was alone, he just threw out a tough exterior. And Merle was the reason they were seperated and Darrly realized that when they recently left the prison together. I loved Merle's character, he was a blast...but he wasn't what he seemed at all.

I'm not excusing Rick's faults, he's an idiot at times like the rest of us. Rick was annoying when it came to Laurie. He should've ended it with her. But the story, via the comic, is about how Rick goes through this time. It's about how he evolves as a person during the apocalypse; how he changes. The story is about Rick and not him being a "good guy"...just a guy.

You bring up a great point that we are talking philosophy about The Walking Dead which reinforces me that it's that awesome of a show!! Not many shows brings this out of people.

• Like 3

The fear of death isn't insanity. Merle was a scared person. He was alone, he just threw out a tough exterior. And Merle was the reason they were seperated and Darrly realized that when they recently left the prison together. I loved Merle's character, he was a blast...but he wasn't what he seemed at all.

I'm not excusing Rick's faults, he's an idiot at times like the rest of us. Rick was annoying when it came to Laurie. He should've ended it with her. But the story, via the comic, is about how Rick goes through this time. It's about how he evolves as a person during the apocalypse; how he changes. The story is about Rick and not him being a "good guy"...just a guy.

You bring up a great point that we are talking philosophy about The Walking Dead which reinforces me that it's that awesome of a show!! Not many shows brings this out of people.

Yeah i agree,was thinking about stop watching when they killed merle of but since watching the older episodes i had forgot a lot of things.These writers have done a pretty damn good job at making people think.I know what you mean by merle wasnt what most thought,i myself have had "others look at me like i am the devil himself" Merle quote haha because i am a fighter most think its barbaric.As a friend of mine says people judge me because i fight,have tattoos,a shaved head,muscles,and a few scars haha,that scares people and they judge me as bad based on these things.This could not be further from the truth though i try to help with everything i can people,causes,situations,have a clean criminal record but it still doesnt change the regular every day persons views unless they get to know me.I know other people who are doctors,nurses,teachers and other professions that are meant to help others but are the biggest pieces of s**t around.

• Like 1

I thought what Merle did was the first brave thing he has done in his life, possibly. He faced himself, his demons and his failures, decided he wanted to protect what was good against what was bad, walked into battle coolly and dispatched his enemies efficiently and died like a man for something he loved, his brother and maybe the crew he met at the prison. On The Talking Dead Michael Rooker took affront to the statement that Merle suddenly changed, he was adamant that Merle was like that all along and just never had the chance to show it. Not sure I agree but it was an interesting segment to watch. I wish that he would be around longer but great death scene for Merle.

After watching the latest episode, I have officially changed my opinion on merel, turns out he wasn't such a bad guy after all

• Like 2