Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I wouldn't have grassed him up!

Commander CMG

'We were all womanisers in those days but no girl I ever slept with was under age.
You must be so proud?
A retired BBC producer arrested in the aftermath of the Jimmy Savile scandal has admitted he knew the star was a paedophile but 'wouldn't have dreamed of him grassing up'.

Wilfred De'ath, 75, was told yesterday he will not face charges after being accused of sexually assaulting a teenage girl - now a famous British actress - in the 1960s.

arrow3.gifView:

Read more

• Like 1

It's men like these - both Saville AND De'ath - that make it so difficult for women to want to come forward. If you know someone is a paedophile and you do nothing, you're as bad as the one who is doing it.

• Like 2

Wouldn't of dreamed of grassing him up. He is just as bad for protecting him.

It was a different culture in the mid-sixties. Sexual matters were taken much more lightly, there wasn't the sensitivity that there is now.'

You are kidding yourself. Does it make you feel better?

Edited by Hilander

Grassing him up? does that mean reporting him? Sorry I'm not familiar with that bit of slang.

Grassing him up? does that mean reporting him? Sorry I'm not familiar with that bit of slang.

It does indeed...

It would appear that many prominent people knew about his activity.. in my eyes they are all equally guilty.

It does indeed...

It would appear that many prominent people knew about his activity.. in my eyes they are all equally guilty.

Wow! He admits he wouldn't have reported a grown man having sex with a 10 year old child? That's evil.

Wow! He admits he wouldn't have reported a grown man having sex with a 10 year old child? That's evil.

That's how the BBC works sadly

That's how the BBC works sadly

We are at the stage now where unemployed paedophiles don’t know where’s best to send their CV’s… “The BBC or The Catholic Church?

• Like 1