Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dead in a Dream

markprice

So in the dream--it was pretty lucid--I knocked on a door then some guy approached from outside who suprisingly shot me twice with his .22. Both bullets went into my right side so I ran away...running with my dogs trying to get home...but I had to lay down and I actually died there in that dream.

Anyone else ever wake up dead in a dream?

did your dream end when you died or did it continue?

no i've never died in a dream but i've been shot in a dream and it really hurts!

Hi, yeah, man with a gun is probably a modern archetype by now. My theory, since this happened about a month before the blood-clot-paralysis emergency, is that it predicted the end of the road. I had to have a friend drive me out of there to another state for 16 days in a hospital...but the worry was that the guy/archetype might actually exist. Dreams during accelerated shadow activity are usually so merged with the activity that looking back it seems like one long nightmare. I'll go back in a few months and be very aware doors (another archetype).

That's the horror of it, Mark, where the dreams and realities merge. When the lucidity is great then the suffering is also great.

What about the "doors"? I mean what significance do they carry in your case?

Edited by XingWi

did your dream end when you died or did it continue?

no i've never died in a dream but i've been shot in a dream and it really hurts!

After I was dead I woke slowly a with a sense of calm, then omg-wtf set in...

That's the horror of it, Mark, where the dreams and realities merge. When the lucidity is great then the suffering is also great.

What about the "doors"? I mean what significance do they carry in your case?

If you see a door open in a daydream, dream or vision it probably means a new opportunity. But before this last door opened I was shot to death. It could mean I was prevented from going through a door; I remember the whole porch and general location but never saw it before the dream.

I've dreamed that I've died several times, with the same cod every time, syringe of poison in the back of my head. The surroundings vary from time to time, but I'd guess it would be around 1940. I'm always surrounded by people I know are friends (I do not recognize them, I just know they are friends). I also know that I am going to die and the one who injects me with the poison is always a woman (again, I don't know much about her other than she has been close to me). The part when I get injected is so realistic, I feel the sting of the needle, the burning sensation as the poison enters the back of my head, and then an overwhelming warmth and peace embracing my body. To be honest, it feels great, unlike anything else, but I also feel really sad and betrayed.

I've often wondered if this might have been how I died in a past life or something. I've had other dreams that could match time-wise. Like the one were I'm hiding under a bridge near a factory with the corpse of a young boy (I get the feeling of a brother or a close friend). Or another one where I run and try hiding from armed men. These dreams are all located in some industrial area/city and there is definitely an ongoing war around, I'm thinking WW2.

My point being that dreams were we die might be reflections on how we died in a previous life. In my case, maybe I was betrayed, maybe I was ill/wounded and was put out of my misery or maybe I was a really bad person who was executed. I'd like to think that it's not that last option, but anything's possible.

Then there's this dream too(never really figured it out at that time):

In my dream I was at work like normal. I work in a shop that has a large warehouse in the lower floor. I go down there every now and then when I take out the trash or bring some specific product for a customer. But this time was different. I was shot twice with a musket, or a very old revolver. The bullets were small and didn't hit fataly. One hit to my left chest (miraculously past my lungs or heart) And the other on the right side (same here, no inner organs damaged. I can remember it hurting like hell, but I wasn't immobilized too badly by the pain.

All of a sudden my mom appears, and my best friends mom is with her. There is a back door that leads to an alley next to the shop so I tell my friends mom to bring her car close to that door. Apparently I don't care why they were there in the first place. I watch as the car comes to the door and with little trouble I lay down on the back seat.

Scene changes

This is where it gets a bit more surreal. I am somewhat healed from my shotwounds, but I'm still sore and wearing bandages. I'm on the cannibal island from pirates of the carribean 2. I walk over to one of the huts and at this point I remember why I'm here. I had heard that my friend was shot too, so I came to visit him. Why would he be on the island? no idea, but there I was. I walked in and my friend was sitting on a bed, laughing. He had beenshot in the middle of his chest, fataly in my opinnion, but he was alive. He had simply gone mad and was now laughing hystericaly at me. I never figured out why, because after this I woke up.

I quickly touched over my chest where I had been shot in the dream, still almost feeling the wounds where they were, but there (obviously) wasn't any wounds.

Now the next part is interesting. As I got to the bathroom, I noticed two small scars, matching the locations of where I had been shot in the dream. Now I have most likely gotten these earlier from something else, but I had never payed attention to them, so it kinda freaked me out at the time. Now it's just a fun scary story to tell sometime.

PS. @Kazahel: one of the many reasons scientists weird me out O.o

Edited by uuner
  • Like 1

If you see a door open in a daydream, dream or vision it probably means a new opportunity. But before this last door opened I was shot to death. It could mean I was prevented from going through a door; I remember the whole porch and general location but never saw it before the dream.

Very good interpretation about the door, but my belief is that the same symbol can vary greatly, in implied meanings, with the person and the dream. To be honest I do not believe in any dominant meanings either. But then again, considering the fact that deceiving shadows are involved somewhere in your case, every symbol could become meaningless. I remember that you mentioned before about the darkness creeping into the room, and another time about falling back to where you have been before. Considering these recent occurrences in a very short period of time, I would focus more on what is activating the archetype of man with a gun. In my humble opinion, it is possible that it was meant to persuade your mind for another journey that you have been so successfully resisting for so long. This interpretation along with yours, both are possible and not mutually exclusive. Just my 2 cents for what its worth.

Very good interpretation about the door, but my belief is that the same symbol can vary greatly, in implied meanings, with the person and the dream. To be honest I do not believe in any dominant meanings either. But then again, considering the fact that deceiving shadows are involved somewhere in your case, every symbol could become meaningless. I remember that you mentioned before about the darkness creeping into the room, and another time about falling back to where you have been before. Considering these recent occurrences in a very short period of time, I would focus more on what is activating the archetype of man with a gun. In my humble opinion, it is possible that it was meant to persuade your mind for another journey that you have been so successfully resisting for so long. This interpretation along with yours, both are possible and not mutually exclusive. Just my 2 cents for what its worth.

I think the bold underlined part is impossible. Nothing but ignorance can render a symbol meaningless.

The rest is pretty good insight, thanks.

I think the bold underlined part is impossible. Nothing but ignorance can render a symbol meaningless.

The rest is pretty good insight, thanks.

Of course we ARE ignorant of the true meaning of the symbols when the truth is no longer truth. We HAVE to be ignorant when we can't trust the source anymore. What significance would all these symbols carry when inspirations have been manipulated deceptively. Are you saying a prophecy that has been tampered with by the wretched is still a prophecy? I wouldn't care to interpret a dream that has been tampered with or has arisen entirely from a deceptive source. So I would rather choose to remain ignorant. You are right, nothing but ignorance can render a symbol meaningless, and we are forced to remain ignorant when this happens. Not saying it has happened in your case but only that it could have happened. These were my words: "But then again, considering .... every symbol could become meaningless".

I also remember we discussed about the precognitive inspirations you were receiving when you had access to the higher realms until you fell. Once you fell it became a mess, right? Chaos. So how is my statement any different from yours?

Edited by XingWi

This is getting off topic:

Of course we ARE ignorant of the true meaning of the symbols when the truth is no longer truth.

How is that possible? You are talking about a lie and using the word truth...
We HAVE to be ignorant when we can't trust the source anymore. What significance would all these symbols carry when inspirations have been manipulated deceptively. Are you saying a prophecy that has been tampered with by the wretched is still a prophecy? I wouldn't care to interpret a dream that has been tampered with or has arisen entirely from a deceptive source. So I would rather choose to remain ignorant.
You have to see past all that to find the truth. Or let time tell eventually...
You are right, nothing but ignorance can render a symbol meaningless, and we are forced to remain ignorant when this happens. Not saying it has happened in your case but only that it could have happened. These were my words: "But then again, considering .... every symbol could become meaningless".

People have to learn, and through that learning they lose ignorance; that's the whole point of life, imo. A symbol has meaning regardles of peoples ignorance. That's why symbols are used: they cannot be tampered with.

I also remember we discussed about the precognitive inspirations you were receiving when you had access to the higher realms until you fell. Once you fell it became a mess, right? Chaos. So how is my statement any different from yours?

Bold-underlined: that is a false assumption. The mess for me was being mangled by surgeries and side effects and the dark side of science...your statement is different from mine because I would never rely on ignorance.

I had two dreams which continued into each other one time in which I died in both.

The first one was me in the kitchen in my own house. I was washing plates and I looked up to see this really strange figure standing outside my window holding a revolver, and I mean a really old revolver from the 1800's. I couldn't make out the figure but as I tried to focus on it, it shot me twice. Once in the hip and once in the neck. I fell to the floor and just watched the world pass by as blood was pouring from me.

For some reason my dad appeared in this dream and saw me lying there bleeding out. He saw this figure and basically charged at it. I heard gunshots. My dad came back in telling me this thing was dead. But it was too late for me as I just bled out and died.

Strangely enough, I awoke in a different place wondering what had happened. I knew I was dreaming as I do most of the time but I am rarely able to control what happens. I awoke in a field where people were playing football (soccer for you Americans).

Someone shouted at me to come on and replace one of the players as they went off injured. I did. As I was playing I jumped and landed awkwardly on my ankle and it hurt... Alot. I couldn't move at all. Suddenly I was just shot again out of nowhere, this time in my shoulder.

I don't understand what actually happened but as I was lying there unable to get up, all the other people there didn't notice for some reason. Once again, I just bled out and died and then I woke up.

The weird thing is that getting shot didn't hurt, I could feel the bullets hitting me but they didn't hurt. But when I fell on my ankle it really hurt. Any explanations?

Edited by Bw1234

This is getting off topic:

Currently, this is on topic but it will soon go off topic if we continue arguing. It is about interpretation of death related dreams that arise entirely from a deceptive source. When our intuition tells us about its actual source. Do we discard the dream or still try to find meaning of its symbols. Don't worry I will give you an example later from the source that you are not too much against it.

How is that possible? You are talking about a lie and using the word truth... You have to see past all that to find the truth. Or let time tell eventually...

You have totally misquoted me by splitting that paragraph. I am speaking about the irony of it. When you think that it is truth but it is no longer a truth. The reason is mentioned in the sentence after that.

People have to learn, and through that learning they lose ignorance; that's the whole point of life, imo. A symbol has meaning regardles of peoples ignorance. That's why symbols are used: they cannot be tampered with.

You have misread my statement. I wasn't speaking about tampering of the symbols, I was speaking about tampering of the entire message and shuffling of it and polluting it with other "symbols" that weren't meant to be there. Mark, you should be more strict on this than me because you believe in the existence of the absolute evil and give stronger attributes to it, and after what you have gone through, I'm astonished that you still think that we can trust or find meaning in a polluted message, or is there a misunderstanding of your statements here on my part?

I will give you an example from a source that you generally don't seem to have that much trouble with. You are totally against Christianity I know, so I won't quote anything from that here. This is from an Islamic source (because I have seen you praising sufism before, and this dream is also relevant to this topic here):

Hadith - Muslim 5640, Narrated Jabir ibn Abdullah, r.a.:

Allah's Messenger (pbuh) said: There came to him (the Prophet(pbuh)) a desert Arab and said: I saw in a dream that I had been beheaded and I had been following it (the severed head). Allah's Apostle (pbuh) reprimanded him saying: Do not inform about the vain sporting of devil with you during the night.

Source: http://muttaqun.com/dreams.html

It does not matter if the above source is valid for you or not. I just quoted it as an example. It can happen to anyone today and he can arrive at the same conclusion using his intuition and discard it if his intuition tells him to do so, instead of searching any meaning inside it.

Bold-underlined: that is a false assumption. The mess for me was being mangled by surgeries and side effects and the dark side of science...your statement is different from mine because I would never rely on ignorance.

I will not argue with you on this. Like I have said before, it is better to remain ignorant about something than to acquire "knowledge" about it from a source that is totally false and corrupted. That never means you are choosing absolute ignorance. It's like you are implying that we can receive meaningful/beneficial knowledge from the evil or am I misconceiving your statements here? Your "Jesus" that manifested to you, did you receive any "divine knowledge" from him or something else? Think about it.

Mark, you are much senior to me both in age and experience and have certainly found some striking truths all by yourself, the hard way. It is for these reasons I look up to you in some matters but sometimes you say things that leave me wondering if all this is coming from that same person. (I hope someone else hasn't hacked your account on UM ;)). Mark, if you are discarding sources of corrupted and false "knowledge" it does not mean you are relying on ignorance in all other matters or forever. There will always be other valid sources of knowledge for you. There is a lot to reap from the astral. So much knowledge that a billion lifetimes are not enough for that.

From what it seems, you have either misread or misconceived my statements. Because when we last had discussion about it, we were both on the same page. We both believe that if our intuition tells us about the source being unreliable then we must discard it. If your intuition tells you that your dream is not tampered with, then you can always interpret it by finding the meaning of those symbols. I'm not against it, this is why I said before that both interpretations (yours and mine) are correct and are not mutually exclusive.So calm down, take some rest. There is no need to argue when we both are already on the same page here.

Currently, this is on topic but it will soon go off topic if we continue arguing. It is about interpretation of death related dreams that arise entirely from a deceptive source. When our intuition tells us about its actual source. Do we discard the dream or still try to find meaning of its symbols. Don't worry I will give you an example later from the source that you are not too much against it.

You have totally misquoted me by splitting that paragraph. I am speaking about the irony of it. When you think that it is truth but it is no longer a truth. The reason is mentioned in the sentence after that.

You have misread my statement. I wasn't speaking about tampering of the symbols, I was speaking about tampering of the entire message and shuffling of it and polluting it with other "symbols" that weren't meant to be there. Mark, you should be more strict on this than me because you believe in the existence of the absolute evil and give stronger attributes to it, and after what you have gone through, I'm astonished that you still think that we can trust or find meaning in a polluted message, or is there a misunderstanding of your statements here on my part?

I will give you an example from a source that you generally don't seem to have that much trouble with. You are totally against Christianity I know, so I won't quote anything from that here. This is from an Islamic source (because I have seen you praising sufism before, and this dream is also relevant to this topic here):

It does not matter if the above source is valid for you or not. I just quoted it as an example. It can happen to anyone today and he can arrive at the same conclusion using his intuition and discard it if his intuition tells him to do so, instead of searching any meaning inside it.

I will not argue with you on this. Like I have said before, it is better to remain ignorant about something than to acquire "knowledge" about it from a source that is totally false and corrupted. That never means you are choosing absolute ignorance. It's like you are implying that we can receive meaningful/beneficial knowledge from the evil or am I misconceiving your statements here? Your "Jesus" that manifested to you, did you receive any "divine knowledge" from him or something else? Think about it.

Mark, you are much senior to me both in age and experience and have certainly found some striking truths all by yourself, the hard way. It is for these reasons I look up to you in some matters but sometimes you say things that leave me wondering if all this is coming from that same person. (I hope someone else hasn't hacked your account on UM ;)). Mark, if you are discarding sources of corrupted and false "knowledge" it does not mean you are relying on ignorance in all other matters or forever. There will always be other valid sources of knowledge for you. There is a lot to reap from the astral. So much knowledge that a billion lifetimes are not enough for that.

From what it seems, you have either misread or misconceived my statements. Because when we last had discussion about it, we were both on the same page. We both believe that if our intuition tells us about the source being unreliable then we must discard it. If your intuition tells you that your dream is not tampered with, then you can always interpret it by finding the meaning of those symbols. I'm not against it, this is why I said before that both interpretations (yours and mine) are correct and are not mutually exclusive.So calm down, take some rest. There is no need to argue when we both are already on the same page here.

I don't feel like parsing that all out for you just to get fully off topic. That said, at least don't put words in my mouth: Christianity makes quite a few valid points etc.

I have had many dreams where I die. The one I will never forget is a dream I had where I was a prisoner somewhere and they took me to Hitler, they made me get down on my knees. Hitler pulled a gun out and shot me twice in the head. I felt the bullets lodge in my head and my body falling over the ground. Then there was a period of just start darkness, no sound, no light. I didnt feel fear in the darkness also, felt calm and peaceful. Then I thought it was time to wake up and I did. This period of darkness always follows when I die in my dreams. A couple of time I would wake in another dream or I would just wake up in bed.

The weird thing is that getting shot didn't hurt, I could feel the bullets hitting me but they didn't hurt. But when I fell on my ankle it really hurt. Any explanations?

Watching the bullets go through in precise locations, with a calm fascination, seems to be how this is usually experienced in dreams (judging by this thread).

Maybe the reason your ankle hurt was because it was not fatal. Fatality looks like it has a calming effect instead of panic which might seem more appropriate.

Edited by markprice