Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Crop circles are not the work of hoaxers

Still Waters

Does this mean aliens invented the spirograph?

9189283.jpg

sorry what I meant to say was...

ack-ack-ack.jpg

• Like 4

Because IF it was alien, They would make these designs to be understood mathmatically and symboliclly. Why do it in a field? Well its much harder to hide messages that are on the ground for everyone to see, rather than send an electronic signal that would only be heard by a few. Seems like a simple way to communicate to everyone.

So you're saying that a circle in a field on some out-of-the-way farm in God knows where is more likely to be seen and understand than an electronic signal that could be received and analyzed by hundreds of thousands of amateur astronomers, radio operators, professors, professional astronomers, governments, militaries, etc?

Not really following your logic.

I don't think they're all man made :yes:

Fully agree, there's long-known natural weather-created circles and modern man-made formations.

• Like 1

so if liens did create them, why did they start with simpe cicrles?

some are clearly man made. those that are made by "local artists" may be inspired by other agencys greater than the personal insight or genius of those who made them.

of the designs with unknown builders , why must these be for us , that they are for us is not a given .

they have the quality of uniqueness that makes each very specific , but meaning is not a quality as much

as a signature .... very much like saying , " dude , check it out.... i was here ! "

so if aliens did create them, why did they start with simpe cicrles?

That question has been asked over and over again, and you will never get a real answer.

So you're saying that a circle in a field on some out-of-the-way farm in God knows where is more likely to be seen and understand than an electronic signal that could be received and analyzed by hundreds of thousands of amateur astronomers, radio operators, professors, professional astronomers, governments, militaries, etc?

Not really following your logic.

Well' and I am playing Devils advocate here, who is to say that an electric signal would reach us faster than what tech they may already have. Perhaps there is an electronic signal on the way. And a farm is never out of the way, its worked daily, so someone is bound to see the formation. We would still be considered primative to an advanced civilization, so again I can see why they would use shapes and symbols to communicate. One of the first things an art student learns is what a shape is, no matter how talented they already are. Then you begin to take those shapes an create other more complex images used to communicate your ideas to another person with out the use of words. If you have ever had a girlfriend you can understand how words are basically at the interpetaton of the reciever. Ie....(girlfriend conversation) "Baby you look beauitful tonight". "what are you saying? that I dont look beautiful every other day?" We have progressed rather quickly in a very short time, It was fairly recent in human history that electricity and the use of it was even discovered. And then there is the alien itself, I would assume that the way we think and the way they think would vary drastically. Like trying to figure out the logic of a jellyfish. So anyway. Just some ideas to muse about.

Fully agree, there's long-known natural weather-created circles and modern man-made formations.

:tu:

Well considering 99.999% are done by humans and the rest by weather or soil phenomena... That means those circles which are hoaxed are either done by animals... or aliens :P Eh try thinking about that:P

So really the aliens are the hoaxers, imitating the humans and their love of geometry :P

• Like 1

There is some futuristic science geeks sitting around having a drink and looking through their time portal having a good laugh and seeing how they can mess with us. :w00t:

There is some futuristic science geeks sitting around having a drink and looking through their time portal having a good laugh and seeing how they can mess with us. :w00t:

LOL whilst having a Slurm cola maybe?

• Like 1

LOL whilst having a Slurm cola maybe?

And ordering a pizza under the name I.C. Weiner.

Crud.

• Like 2

I was on another web-site a few years back and there was a thread posted by a retired pilot who had owned a sky tour company that would take tourists up in small planes to see the crop circles from the air. According to his anonymous confession he and the owners of other planes had a few 'artists' they would pay to create crop circles for them to show, which explains why crop cicles went from a basic crop circle years ago to the relatively complicated designs that we see now. Even so some defy that explanation IMO.

Crop circles have turned into a business. The "researchers" are cashing in on it, with seminars and documentaries. Just look at the ridiculous prices of "crop circle tours" HAHA

http://www.cropcircl...signup13uk.html

"The price for this eight day trip is US $2750.00 *"

How could you explain 'hoaxers' detailing the Torus and Vector Equalibrium? Are not these 'hoaxers' often local drunks?

They're not all hoaxers, most of them are secret artists who are passionate about this. They enjoy the attention they get through them, and the experiences they give to people. Plus making bigger and better designs is quite the chalange, no different than an architectures passion for designing bigger and stronger buildings.

I have watched documentaries in the past in which it was stated that the genetic structure of the flattened wheat was changed and that the stalks weren't snapped just bent. Hoaxers with wooden boards and ropes don't account for this at all.

Mostly sensationalized BS. BLT research is full of frauds and wannabe scientists. They don't do scientific studies, they do confirmation biased and conflicted data studies. Just look at the fake psychic Robert van den brooke they're affiliated with. :w00t: And stalks don't break from pushing them over with boards.

Abremelin, they didn't have night vision goggles in the 40's or 50's did they ? How do you explain that away ?

Step out in a open field at night when the moon is out. Let your eyes adjust for 15 minutes. Now is it hard to believe you dont need night vision?

So in 1678 someone created a circle with some ropes and boards. Then spontaineously 300 years later, someone else did the same, which gained some attention and started the worldwide craze. I am glad we sorted that one out. No more discussion! My mind is closed!

(please read the above with sarcasim)

I don't know if there are any "real" circles or not. What i do know is that; you don't know either.

Interresting how it might of started, but maybe no one took notice and bothered to make lots of them like today because of the low population and virtually no means of communication compared to the last 20 years? And you can know, if you've done enaugh research you know what to look for, here's just some examples:

Nice post AlienDan. I do like the vid as well. A rather good explanation and one that makes more sense than ET.

The art and marhmatics that goes into them is beautiful... Id love to think they are supernatural but i can appreciate then as human works of art... Whod have thought of usin crops as a medium?

I personally do not think all crop circles are hoaxes...there are some that is done so perfectly and others that it is obviously done by humans. There is someone trying to relay messages to us and we are too full of ourselves to get the messages. How can some of these that are so intricate just pop up over night?

Yes, because pressing down patterns in the grass is just how a race of beings who have crossed interstellar distances would choose to communicate with another advanced or semi-advanced species on another planet. :whistle:
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

I feel sorry for the farmers hit by these things, but I do appreciate the art in some of them.

• Like 1

Well I'm sorry to have to burst the Australian expert's bubble so soon after his discovery, but it might have helped had he done *any* research at all. He would have discovered that the 'crop circle' near Tatton is no such thing. For one thing Tatton Hall and its grounds are parkland with deer, and not crop fields (this 'formation' actually was only a few hundred yards NE of the Hall, and right in the center of the extensive grounds). The deer park was created by royal charter as long ago as 1290.

But more to the point, he could easily have discovered from Wiki that *this very area* was used extensively during WW2 for parachute training. It housed barrage balloons from which drops were made, and also aircraft passes from which paratroopers practiced real jumps. They are known to have been dropped in tree areas for realistic experience in preparation for actual war drops in enemy territory. The park even contains a special monument dedicated to the paratroopers who trained there before losing their lives (photo at Wiki).

So unfortunately this "crop circle" is no such thing at all - it is a marked-out target area for parachute drops - the "formation" not consisting of flattened crops at all (since there aren't any) but of targets painted in white for clear visibility. Perhaps that is why the circles look like parachutes!

http://www.cropcircl...ie-is-born.html

Previous follies promoted by Greg Jeffreys include the Gympie Pyramid and the Stradbroke Island Galleon. Seems he has found an international audience with his latest crop circle nonsense...

• Like 3

Well yes its a great way for an alien to give us a message..so what is the message and how do we reply.Angi

Some will dispute the assertion that crop circles are a great way for extraterrestrials to give us messages. They apparently think it too ambiguous, too roundabout an alternative to simply and fully revealing their presence all at once. Perhaps ETs prefer to make our acquaintance in a very gradual manner. Judging by the way humans seem to fear the 'other'-- intelligent life housed in an unfamiliar physical form, such a policy appears wise.

I have been trying to discern the meaning of various crop circles, and responding in an (I hope) constructive way for some years. Sometimes they appear to contain mathematical themes. At other times they appear to use somewhat familiar symbols. There can also be a good deal of three dimensional diagram-like content, depicted in two dimensions. This often requires a good deal of interpretation, almost as if our perceptual abilities were being assessed. I try to work with whatever is given and convey a possible tentative understanding in my radio wave mediated replies.

I do not assume that any particular crop circle is the product of an extraterrestrial intelligence. I merely respond to some of the more interesting patterns, as if this could be the case.

Edited by bison

LOL, from the OP article, "The American male lost half his sperm count due to a warning from a 200 foot penis from outer space." These aliens must be from the planet Promiscuous.

The media may have lost interest in them, but crop circles are still out there. Last year provided a bumper harvest, with 18 recorded in August alone.

Reg, the country’s best known circle investigator, believes the striking agricultural artworks are messages from space.

Twenty years ago, he shocked the world by revealing: “A 200 foot long penis turned up in a crop formation just by Chequers.

“Everybody laughed – so did I.

“But one week after that appeared near the Prime Minister’s home, we discovered that the American male had lost half of his sperm count.

“Two months after that it came out that we’re losing it over here, too.

“I don’t believe that crop formation was a hoax. I think somebody was trying to tell us something.

“It’s all so bloody weird.”

What's bloody wierd is that people think these things are aliens trying to give us messages. By the way, do these things ever occur other than in Britain (I've heard of a couple in the states but this seems to be mainly a British hobby).