Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Best evidence for ET visitation - 4th edition

Hazzard

Really? Heavens. he probably out-ranked Bob Lazar.

Hopefully I'll get to talk with him someday. But, if his sister can't pry anything out of him, I don't think I'll do much better. He's apparently a conversation ninja and very masterful at not answering and avoiding questions about aliens or crafts.

Hopefully I'll get to talk with him someday. But, if his sister can't pry anything out of him, I don't think I'll do much better. He's apparently a conversation ninja and very masterful at not answering and avoiding questions about aliens or crafts.

Does he know about your encounter? If not, tell him that you know it exist and ask him to nod if he agreed. That way, he doesn't have to say a word.

hmmm so the account given by this mentally disturbed person 20 years on from the 'event' that sent him crazy is the most dubious part....

then we have a great case by default, right?

That means you are not allowing for him to be crazy to begin with, and all along ;)

He insists it was the same Alien, and perhaps, I feel it was?

I reckon we would struggle to reconcile the beings let alone the craft and us not being able to do so doesnt diminish the event nor the descriptions. IMO

But the being should still be able to fit in the craft, right?

I just look at an ET visiting earth from a common sense standpoint.....what does this rock have to offer that you can't find anywhere else in this arm of the Milky Way?

In a word....NOTHING.

There is water on Mars (far less of it) and on Europa (far more of it) than what is on earth.

If the theories about the gas giants are correct, then the cores of these planets are diamonds the size of earth.

If you need a gas like methane, there is a greater abundance of it on Titan.

It is a mathematical certainty you can find precious metals such as gold, silver, platinum and the like in greater quantities on other planets.

Mankind as a species really isn't that special, we had the pieces to start the Industrial Revolution 1700 years before it happened but were too stupid to put the pieces together, plus we destroy knowledge just to "discover" once again hundred of years later.

Depending on your view, the earth is either the Mississippi or the North Korea of the Milky Way galaxy.

Big D's FTL Smoker/BBQ. :tu:

That sounds worth crossing space for :D

• Like 1

yes, that's what I try to argue, that, if an ET race was exploring our system, they'd give this planet as much attention as they would any of the other smaller planets, but they probably wouldn't find its inhabitants anywhere near technologically advanced enough to be worth saying Howdy to.

Wait till they try BBQ Garlic Prawns. People will go to great lengths for personal desires. With all this water we might even make a good holiday destination. Who knows, but to assume we are insignificant I do not see as any more relevant than the opposing argument. It's just personal opinion. I go places to Ski, but I do not live in a place that snows.

• Like 1

yes the behaviour of the 'sceptics' was appalling....unchecked.... and breaking forum rules in numerous posts....

but they got their crafty way and got the thread closed....

by the way...you didn't HAVE to read it you know... :rolleyes:

The thread title broke the forum rules, something about no garbage posting.

• Like 1

And that's just what happened...to zoser....continually attacked and called names when he stood up for his research and didn't back down.

That is not true at all. What research? He said "throw textbooks away, go with intuition" and asked the same question for 600 pages which was painfully explained in detail too many times to mention? It was just a train wreck thread. No evidence for Rock Softening or such nonsense was ever provided only insistance that it was the correct assumption. And a bunch of outright lies with regards to experience in the field.

I never said I didnt know what a red flag is....Hazz indicates that there are a couple of red flags...then proceeds to post one (which I dont think is a red flag anyway) not a couple. Simple copy and paste job probably.

Sick of the annoying Q dance...hmm interesting. wheres the dance? I asked someone who claimed a red flag to ellaborate on why it is so whilst also putting a counter forward as to why it isnt a red flag.....

hows that a dance.

and dont pull Hazz and Psyche into this you can have a go on your own....I know you can do it...come on...

explain why it is a red flag whilst keeping it in context of his mental history since the initial event?

when you can answer that then we may dance if you like.....in fact I will let you choose the style of dance also if that helps

I do not want to get into it in here, you keep me on my toes in the other thread as it is. If your dancing, mate I think you might be leading with Pascagoula.

• Like 1

I just found out my sis-in-law's brother worked at Area 51. Electrician by trade. Top secret clearance, but is now working in Utah. I wondered why all of a sudden she's asking about which UFO books she should read.

A sparky? Must be a top bloke. I'm a sparky by trade. I believe him already.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

I do not want to get into it in here, you keep me on my toes in the other thread as it is. If your dancing, mate I think you might be leading with Pascagoula.

Hi buddie.

The reason I never follow quillius down this rabbit hole is because it leads nowhere. All it does is increase the number of posts in a thread. There is another member here that has this strange love for nit-picking,... very tiresome if you ask me.

Sorry, q,... I do however enjoy our "normal" debates. :)

Hi buddie.

The reason I never follow quillius down this rabbit hole is because it leads nowhere. All it does is increase the number of posts in a thread. There is another member here that has this strange love for nit-picking,... very tiresome if you ask me.

Gidday Mate!

I reckon the dedicated thread is a good read, Q has dug up some old links that get right to the actual words of the men in the time frame. I have an alternate theory that is very much out there on it's own, and I am not convinced I am heading down the wrong track as yet, but snippets like the small craft I feel give us a good impression of what people might have been thinking back then, and what was possible, compared to what today the average person knows is possible. I find it quite interesting that as we have learned more about space, Aliens seems to get further away from us. Not all that long ago, many people were positive the Mars and Venus had life, I saw an old clip a short time ago of a grown man pretending to channel Venusians. Today we know Venus cannot harbour life like that, if any at all, so we see he was full of it all along, yet other adults gave him the benefit of the doubt. A man with no motivation to fool people, who others thought was genuine. Amazing how much we have matured in the last 40 years or so.

Well, some of us! :w00t: We still have the resident AA'er doing what that fellow did all that time ago on the TV. Spreading BS.

Cheers.

Edited by psyche101

Gidday Mate!

I reckon the dedicated thread is a good read, Q has dug up some old links that get right to the actual words of the men in the time frame. I have an alternate theory that is very much out there on it's own, and I am not convinced I am heading down the wrong track as yet, but snippets like the small craft I feel give us a good impression of what people might have been thinking back then, and what was possible, compared to what today the average person knows is possible. I find it quite interesting that as we have learned more about space, Aliens seems to get further away from us. Not all that long ago, many people were positive the Mars and Venus had life, I saw an old clip a short time ago of a grown man pretending to channel Venusians. Today we know Venus cannot harbour life like that, if any at all, so we see he was full of it all along, yet other adults gave him the benefit of the doubt. A man with no motivation to fool people, who others thought was genuine. Amazing how much we have matured in the last 40 years or so.

Well, some of us! :w00t: We still have the resident AA'er doing what that fellow did all that time ago on the TV. Spreading BS.

Cheers.

About that,... Do you think these boys and gals ever sit down (after the fact) and wonder about the time and effort they spent defending/promoting a story/claim? Do the reflect and learn from their mistakes? Or maybe they just pick another one and run with that til the abducted cows come home?

This is really interesting to be,... the psychology behind it all - Why some people defend an obviously "bad idea", to the death if necessary?

• Like 1

I jump in where ever I feel the need... or interest. If thats ok with you.

Also... you are doing it again :td: nit picking I believe its called.

seriously? nit picking.........not sure if you are trying to be funny/sarcastic? you do realise everything you post people can read back on, right?

people can read back for themeselves but just to summarise, you state something is a red flag I ask for ellaboration as to why it is and I also explain what works against it and this is what you call nit picking???

I called you out for a debate rather than sticking to your short texted swipes that are all too common and without substance.

you decide not to debate but to start throwing more rubbish in by suggesting I am doing a dance...nit picking......no DB

Should you decide to step up to the plate then come over to the Pascagoula thread and we can discuss it there, seeing as potential 'best evidence' is not welcome on this thread...

you can continue to sit upon your stool and take swipes at the invisible man here on this thread.

You say you can jump in whenever you feel the need...no S**t? I never suggested otherwise, but to deal with this strawman that you have built please read back as I dont have the time to show you what is being responded to, but then again you have a habit of ignoring the pressing questions and changing those that expose the weakness..

When you are ready to debate the point, lets talk.

so the question remains, why red flags?

• Like 2

When you are ready to debate the point, lets talk.

so the question remains, why red flags?

The fact that suppsoedly the same craft returned, 20 years later, with the same crew, to the same person, and this time he was able to give loads more detail than he did the first time.

That, i suppose, is what some would see as a red flag, or as being Fishy.

• Like 1

The fact that suppsoedly the same craft returned, 20 years later, with the same crew, to the same person, and this time he was able to give loads more detail than he did the first time.

That, i suppose, is what some would see as a red flag, or as being Fishy.

in the context of that person having a serious mental and physical breakdown?

• Like 1

That means you are not allowing for him to be crazy to begin with, and all along ;)

If I allow for him to be crazy to start with then I have to ignore both his statements from back then and the one 20 years after......and if I do so, I am left with Charlies description :) the case remains.

He insists it was the same Alien, and perhaps, I feel it was?

I know you like this line of thought, I would suggest the follwoing currently work against it.

-no evidence to suggest such

-Broadus witness

- Larry witness

- CCTV ( this part was a joke to inject some humour along the way)

-both mens willingness to take a lie detector test

- the conversation when they were alone...

But the being should still be able to fit in the craft, right?

at around 5ft they could :)

• Like 1

Hi buddie.

why is this not a normal debate? you ask for best evidence, Pascagoula pops up and we cant debate a simple point about why x is a red flag? I ask a question and I am nit picking?

give me a break, I asked you originally two questions

1- why plural where are the 'couple' of red flags you allude to?

2- ellaborate on why the statement given by a mentally disturbed person can be used to diminish what two (at least one) apparenlty sane person said twenty years ago?

• Like 2

why is this not a normal debate? you ask for best evidence, Pascagoula pops up and we cant debate a simple point about why x is a red flag? I ask a question and I am nit picking?

give me a break, I asked you originally two questions

1- why plural where are the 'couple' of red flags you allude to?

2- ellaborate on why the statement given by a mentally disturbed person can be used to diminish what two (at least one) apparenlty sane person said twenty years ago?

Maybe I have been doing this for too long. Maybe Im dismissing some cases "too soon",... Maybe my tolerance for nonsense has hit rock bottom. Maybe I have come to realize that all of the cases/claims falls way short of any form of scientific evidence standard. Whatever the case may be I have no interest in spending a lot of time on eye-witness testimony. Especially one as stupid as the Pascagoula tall tale.

As Im sure you know, people saying something, is the lowest form of evidence, therefore not so interesting from a Best evidence perspective. As for the "red flags" that set you off - Lets just say that the examples I gave (and others) doesnt do wonders for the claimed abductees credibility.

This story, like all the alien abduction claims, are shock full of new age, hey-look-at-me, fantasy prone personality, I need a hug woo woo. The poor ba8terds that truly believe that extraterrestrials abducted them and did all the classics we hear about are in serious need of professional mental help. There is no doubt in my mind that the answer to this phenomenon lies inside their heads, not on the outside.

That could of course change at any time,... with better evidence.

Not holding my breath on that one though.

I just found out my sis-in-law's brother worked at Area 51. Electrician by trade. Top secret clearance, but is now working in Utah. I wondered why all of a sudden she's asking about which UFO books she should read.

you'll have to have another dinner-party and get him together with the Roswell guy....secretly record all the conversation,

and film it...make a video of it. Put it on youtube and show us all......LOL

You could call it something like 'Giving Up Secrets...Going Cold Turkey in Albuquerque.'

:innocent::D

yes the behaviour of the 'sceptics' was appalling....unchecked.... and breaking forum rules in numerous posts....

but they got their crafty way and got the thread closed....

by the way...you didn't HAVE to read it you know... :rolleyes:

To paraphrase an old saying: 'The only thing for ignorance to flourish is for good men to do nothing.'

You would be hard pressed to find anything more ignorant than the AA 'theory' (notice I paraphrased that bit too).

• Like 1

To paraphrase an old saying: 'The only thing for ignorance to flourish is for good men to do nothing.'

you're having a laugh aren't you...? What's good about name-calling, being rude and flinging insults around?

You would be hard pressed to find anything more ignorant than the AA 'theory' (notice I paraphrased that bit too).

I find that statement extremely ignorant...

:yes:

I find that statement extremely ignorant...

:yes:

I'm not sure but I may take that as a compliment.

Maybe I have been doing this for too long. Maybe Im dismissing some cases "too soon",... Maybe my tolerance for nonsense has hit rock bottom. Maybe I have come to realize that all of the cases/claims falls way short of any form of scientific evidence standard. Whatever the case may be I have no interest in spending a lot of time on eye-witness testimony. Especially one as stupid as the Pascagoula tall tale.

As Im sure you know, people saying something, is the lowest form of evidence, therefore not so interesting from a Best evidence perspective. As for the "red flags" that set you off - Lets just say that the examples I gave (and others) doesnt do wonders for the claimed abductees credibility.

This story, like all the alien abduction claims, are shock full of new age, hey-look-at-me, fantasy prone personality, I need a hug woo woo. The poor ba8terds that truly believe that extraterrestrials abducted them and did all the classics we hear about are in serious need of professional mental help. There is no doubt in my mind that the answer to this phenomenon lies inside their heads, not on the outside.

That could of course change at any time,... with better evidence.

Not holding my breath on that one though.

I asked two questions and neither has been answered....not that I expected you to.

As for your phrase 'the red flags that set me off'.............set me off? so you see me asking you simply to ellaborate as setting me off? very funny or purposefuly misleading, which is it?

and you continue to refer to them as plural 'red flagS' or 'exampleS' ......

yet you post one so called red flag?????

And no I havent been set off at all, even though after I asked a simple question to you, DB decides to answer for you whilst saying I am nit picking or doing a dance??!??!? (edit to add: and this response also quoted my question to you, whilst he also types I never answer for anyone else) comical at best, nefarious and misleading is however an alternative IMO

I mean do we need further evidence that some people are living on a different planet? The funniest thing is people are able to read so not sure who you think you are fooling

Edited by quillius
  • Like 2

you'll have to have another dinner-party and get him together with the Roswell guy....secretly record all the conversation,

That would take work. That's not real research.

• Like 1

I asked two questions and neither has been answered....not that I expected you to.

As for your phrase 'the red flags that set me off'.............set me off? so you see me asking you simply to ellaborate as setting me off? very funny or purposefuly misleading, which is it?

and you continue to refer to them as plural 'red flagS' or 'exampleS' ......

yet you post one so called red flag?????

And no I havent been set off at all, even though after I asked a simple question to you, DB decides to answer for you whilst saying I am nit picking or doing a dance??!??!? (edit to add: and this response also quoted my question to you, whilst he also types I never answer for anyone else) comical at best, nefarious and misleading is however an alternative IMO

I mean do we need further evidence that some people are living on a different planet? The funniest thing is people are able to read so not sure who you think you are fooling

I wonder if we are nit picking slightly in arguing about singular versus plural.