Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Survivorman:Bigfoot in the works

Q-C

Bear grylls eats sh1t and drinks pee end of story. :w00t:

• Like 3

Bear grylls eats sh1t and drinks pee end of story. :w00t:

Well, then we wouldn't want him looking for bigfoot, now would we? He'd consume all the evidence!

• Like 1

Who gives a **** if bear grylls stays in a hotel for 5 days out of 7.

What he does for those 2 days is enough for me to respect him.

He has done things most people posting on here would never do or have the balls to do.

Yep, haters gonna hate.

I like Bear but for the untrained his "survival tactics" are suicidal.

I second that. He did teach me a few things whilst watching his shows. I wouldn't say he is safe when it comes to the way he goes about things, but in a survival situation its life or death. You would have no choice but to do risky things if you were to survive. Those grubs he ate were absolute beasts!

Yep, haters gonna hate.

I stupidly got into an arguement on the survivorman board on imdb about the exact same things.

Bear vs Les.

Its quite childish really when the two shows are very different. Theres no telling some people.

Will Todd Standing be making an appearance in this?

I stupidly got into an arguement on the survivorman board on imdb about the exact same things.

Bear vs Les.

Its quite childish really when the two shows are very different. Theres no telling some people.

Yeah, we got into one of those here too once, childish really, but it didn't stop us from going at each other. I rather like Bear myself, but that was me. If Les hooks up with Standing then I'm not sure anything good will come of it. While I haven't spent as much time out in the woods as Les or Bear for that matter, I have spent some time out and enjoy being out in nature. Maybe I should come up with a show myself? I'll call it, "The Old Fart's Guide to Finding Bigfoot". Learn to track while in a Hover-Round, keep pace on a trail while changing out catheters, how to properly dispose of a "Depends" to minimize environmental impact. And how to tract while wearing corrective lens. All good stuff when you're not as young as you once were.

Edited by keninsc

Yeah, we got into one of those here too once, childish really, but it didn't stop us from going at each other. I rather like Bear myself, but that was me. If Les hooks up with Standing then I'm not sure anything good will come of it. While I haven't spent as much time out in the woods as Les or Bear for that matter, I have spent some time out and enjoy being out in nature. Maybe I should come up with a show myself? I'll call it, "The Old Fart's Guide to Finding Bigfoot". Learn to track while in a Hover-Round, keep pace on a trail while changing out catheters, how to properly dispose of a "Depends" to minimize environmental impact. And how to tract while wearing corrective lens. All good stuff when you're not as young as you once were.

I'd gladly watch your show. I have seen quite a few douche bags on finding bigfoot. Whats a few catheters haha. Dont get me wrong, ive seen quite a few episodes of survivorman and the entertainment value is greater when watching bear grylls, Les Stroud doesnt really do anything exciting.

No one is a liar read the disclaimers at the beginning of each show. I don't see the controversy about the shows. Ie. Survivor man... man vs wild.

I also enjoy man woman wild and dual survivor. They are just fun and occasionally educational. IMO

That's true but Les isn't exactly what you'd call, "In Shape" Yes, round is a shape and I have a few more pounds on me than I used to also......but I'm an old fart and I'm entitled.

OK, let me clear some things up :

Bear Grylls / Man VS Wild :

The reason why this show gets crapped on is due to how it was presented. In the first few seasons it was presented as if Bear Grylls was out in the middle of nowhere with a few camera guys doing his thing. In some situations he was, and what he did was 100% true. Drinking p***, eating bugs, chowing down on anything and everything? True. Jumping into ice ravines, climbing cliffs, trees, jumping into freezing as hell water, and so on. All true.

The problem is is that a lot of it was set up before hand, like a stunt man has things set up. Add to the problem is that some of the episodes were filmed close to towns / roads, and he had support by some of the locals and his crew to set up situations. THAT is what p***ed people off.

The show initially made it seem that it was all natural, that the lava fields were in the middle of nowhere (they just didn't pan the cameras to the highway, most reality shows do this), and there was a goat killed and laid out in his path so he could show how the natural hot springs could cook meat.

Is this Bear Gryll's fault? I don't think so, he was the host, the producers were at fault for not initially declaring that he had extra support. Bear was special forces, he is a real survivalist, and he does know his stuff. That's what it comes down to.

Les Stroud : Survivorman

In the initial seasons, Les carried all of his own cameras which took a toll on him. He gave up because the size of the cameras, the distance he had to go to get the cameras, and he almost died a few times.

Les is a pure survivalist, not special forces or anything of that type. He is very intelligent, down to earth and realistic. I know a few people who have met him and know him, they told me he does a tonne of research before entering a situation, and that his rescue crew is usually in a town or camp with a helicopter ready to get him out. If I remember correctly he carries an emergency GPS and radio, which he's only used once or twice (I think in Labrador in the winter he did).

If Les Stroud said that he saw a bigfoot, I'd tend to believe that is what he thinks, and that he met something that he can't identify. If he makes the show I WILL watch it, guaranteed it will be freaking awesome. Add Joe Rogan to the mix and it'll have a great entertainment value, as well as some educational

In the argument of who is better, or more believeable, I'd say both have strong points as well as weak points. Bear is a selfless self promoter, his cameraman does all the same stuff he does (with gear though) and only a few times got any BG recognition. I think Les is just a bit bat **** crazy, not as high intensity as Bear Grylls, but just as good.

Edited by Nightpath

I see people talking about Les Stroud's physical shape. There's a lot of Canadians that are in the same boat, a bit pudgy, but I will tell you that they can and have run people like Bear Grylls into the ground. Don't let that fool you. The American military does with their antiquated and retarded recruiting system.

Look up for pictures of the Canadian Forces Pioneers (infantry trained to blow stuff up, clear routes, etc, before combat engineers took it over). Most of these fellas were 6' + and built like woodsmen (beard and all) with guts. I will tell you that none of the infantry guys would tangle with our good old Pioneers. Rucksacks 100+ pounds, walking ridiculous amounts, staying up for days.

Don't let Hollywood fool you into thinking only guys that look like male strippers or Sears models are in shape. 2-5% bodyfat can hurt you in the long run.

I see people talking about Les Stroud's physical shape. There's a lot of Canadians that are in the same boat, a bit pudgy, but I will tell you that they can and have run people like Bear Grylls into the ground. Don't let that fool you. The American military does with their antiquated and retarded recruiting system.

Look up for pictures of the Canadian Forces Pioneers (infantry trained to blow stuff up, clear routes, etc, before combat engineers took it over). Most of these fellas were 6' + and built like woodsmen (beard and all) with guts. I will tell you that none of the infantry guys would tangle with our good old Pioneers. Rucksacks 100+ pounds, walking ridiculous amounts, staying up for days.

Don't let Hollywood fool you into thinking only guys that look like male strippers or Sears models are in shape. 2-5% bodyfat can hurt you in the long run.

I was a combat engineer and the stuff they had us do was No Joke. You'd be running through the woods at night for like a mile, carrying your full kit and weapon, with a 40 pound shape charge in each hand and rolls of det cord strung around your neck. With no night vision device... just the little reflective tags on the helmet of the guy in front of you to tell you which way to go. Or, running through the woods at night carrying various steel beams for building a bridge. Or carrying 3 or 4 landmines, running, at night. Or carrying a sack of 50 pounds of TNT, running. Fun stuff.... Seems we would sit around most days and run all night.

• Like 2

I was a combat engineer and the stuff they had us do was No Joke. You'd be running through the woods at night for like a mile, carrying your full kit and weapon, with a 40 pound shape charge in each hand and rolls of det cord strung around your neck. With no night vision device... just the little reflective tags on the helmet of the guy in front of you to tell you which way to go. Or, running through the woods at night carrying various steel beams for building a bridge. Or carrying 3 or 4 landmines, running, at night. Or carrying a sack of 50 pounds of TNT, running. Fun stuff.... Seems we would sit around most days and run all night.

Combat Engineers, no room for the faint of heart in that specialty, that's for sure.

I currently serve in the RCAF, did the infantry for a couple of years back when we had the pioneers. I felt like a skateboarder getting a visit by Tony Hawk.

If Les Stroud said that he saw a bigfoot, I'd tend to believe that is what he thinks, and that he met something that he can't identify. If he makes the show I WILL watch it, guaranteed it will be freaking awesome. Add Joe Rogan to the mix and it'll have a great entertainment value, as well as some educational

*snip*

He has never said he has seen a bigfoot. He only heard what sounded like an ape once in Alaska, and then heard bipedal walking near his shelter/home at night in the middle of nowhere another time, in Canada.

But I'd watch it too. Audio might be one long BLEEEEEEEP though. Rogan said something like he's afraid of all animals.

Edited by QuiteContrary

Les Stroud is awesome! So is Bear Grylls, it's annoying how people think they have to like one or the other.

• Like 1

Les Stroud is awesome! So is Bear Grylls, it's annoying how people think they have to like one or the other.

Les would be really awesome if he got us a bigfoot!

Hell, I'd be awesome if I nailed a Bigfoot too.

He'd recognize bipedal walking if he heard it, I may not care for his show, but the old boy does seem to know his stuff. Can't take that away from him.