Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

TSA Agent Pepper Sprays His Co-Workers

Taun

These clowns are protecting us?...

TSA agent accidentally pepper sprays fellow agents

An incident that reportedly led a TSA agent to accidentally shoot five fellow employees with pepper

spray left Kennedy International Airport with mud in its eye.

According to the New York Post, the stinging substance that is meant to be aimed at the face, and

can cause major eye irritation, sent all six airport security screeners to the hospital.

The Post reports:

"The agent, Chris Yves Dabel, discovered the device at the Terminal 2 security checkpoint and

tried to determine if it was real, a source told The Post.

He told Port Authority cops that he “found the canister on the floor and thought it was a laser pointer.”

“They were playing around with it,” said one Kennedy Airport official."

The incident sounds more like something from "The Three Stooges" than something security

experts would do.

The TSA seemed to assert in a statement to ABC News that the agent was being professional, not

playful. “Officers were examining an abandoned item to determine its contents and to move it out of

harm’s way when it accidentally discharged.” The TSA added that no travelers were injured.

The embarrassing incident led to the shutdown of security check points for 15 minutes, the UPI reports.

This is not the first time the TSA has suffered a security snafu. An earlier report in the New York

Post exposed Newark Liberty Airport for failing to catch a fake bomb as part of a training exercise.

An undercover agent brought the mock explosives through two layers of security, hidden in his pants.

http://news.yahoo.co...-222955329.html

Pepper spray containers look NOTHING like a laser pointer...

• Like 3

What an idiot, I feel so safe, Not.

• Like 3

Thought in was a laser pointer? Laser pointers look like short pens not aerosal cans. idiot.

• Like 2

Ok, I guess I can understand stupid and accidentally spraying yourself... But I don't get being stupid and spraying a bunch of other people too.

• Like 3

Hahahaha, what an idiot.

• Like 1

The thing is... this mental midget found an abandoned device and started playing around with it... It could have been an explosive, or even an aerosol of anthrax or something...

Edited by Taun
  • Like 6

The TSA seemed to assert in a statement to ABC News that the agent was being professional, not

playful.

=================================================

Well what do you expect from your staff when you have bosses who say this? Are these the same people who`s job it is to prevent guns and drugs entering the country? I can see where the problems are now!

• Like 2

The incident sounds more like something from "The Three Stooges" than something security

experts would do.

that's because they're not, and their only real reason for existence is purely for show, being put in place by the Bush Administration to show that they were Doing Something about Terrorism.

• Like 2

The TSA routinely hires people who are not qualified to protect even themselves, let alone the traveling public. These are the same idiots who body search 6 year olds and disabled 90 year olds...I'm not at all surprized by anything they do.

• Like 5

The thing is... this mental midget found an abandoned device and started playing around with it... It could have been an explosive, or even an aerosol of anthrax or something...

Kind of reminds me of this little gem: *snip* Edited by Saru
Removed video due to adult content warning

I actually didn't think about hat. Oh that's bad.

Mental midget.. LOL

• Like 1

The TSA has just announced a new tougher screening process to reduce the number of un-suited applicants...

The old test consisted of a supervisor holding up a hand with the fingers extended and spread... The supervisor then states "Okay... Now pick a finger." After the applicant selects a finger the supervisor then wiggles his/her fingers and states: "Now, I'm going to shuffle them up and you have three chances to select the same finger."

The new, tougher test only allows two chances... TSA Officials estimate this will reduce the number of applicants by at least 75%...

(sarcasm)

Edited by Taun
  • Like 4

what if i puSHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!**!*!* whoa!* sorry!

• Like 1

Umm, I think the training standard needs to be improved. Who ever can mistake pepper spray for a laser pointer.... ummm ya... probably can't read.

OMG.

I can't believe Youtube let someone post that. But yeah, it probably went something like that.