Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Stealth bombers sent to S. Korea

Ashotep

The South Koreans seem unpurturbed; just making sure there are no misunderstandings what will happen if the North does something stupid. I've seen no analysis from any respected sort that thinks the North could win such a war. The only reason the South restrains itself is that it is a democracry and doesn't want the casualties.

A few messages back there was the odd assertion that the States and Britain have never had any concern for others, to which I commented that that went too far, which was responded to by the rather unbelievable assertion that what I said was unsupported by history. I suppose arguing that would be an entirely different thread, one so stupid and irresponsible that I would not participate in it. I just want it clear that I have no truck with such excessive and outrageous and unsupported assertions.

I have to think that maybe somehow I have misunderstood it all.

Nicaragua (contra wars), Indonesia (both in the 50s and 90s, right up until today in fact), South Africa (during apartheid), Israel (from the Occupation in '67 until today (and Britain even supported the attempted occupation in '56), China (since they became an economic powerhouse), Russia (during the mauling of Chechens around a decade ago), Rwanda (stopped UN intervention that could have prevented a slaughter), Iraq (during the Iraq/Iran war), Saudi Arabia (their entire history), Yemen/Turkmenistan/Oman and other repressive countries from the region, Equatorial Guinea, Iran (the Sha), Egypt (Mubarak and the military), Turkey (their illegal occupation of Cyprus and their disgusting treatment, including indiscriminate bombing of Kurds), Ethiopia, Pakistani military (though not as oppressive as it once was), Philippines, nearly-every-South-American-country at some point, Uganda -

These are only some of the clear cases - there are countless more brutal regimes that are also supported, turned a blind eye to, taken the stance of the 'apologist' for, sometimes financed, and even sometimes actually installed!

You can try to claim that Britain and the U.S. (successive governments) care about anyone but their own elite (they don't even give a **** about the poor and less well off in their own country, the evidence also suggests, never mind those from other countries who cannot help themselves), but the reality - supported by indisputable facts and even their own documented history and record - completely contradicts and exposes the lie.

They even try to mask this with "aid". When in fact that vast majority of "aid" is actually a collection of bribes towards such brutal dictators and regimes as those above!

Edited by ExpandMyMind

Well I know one person who I will not waste my time with.

Such a silly non-answer.

Umm, doesn't telling the World where the 'stealth' bombers are going, kinda defeat the purpose?

Not if the mission was to be visible and send a message. Guaranteed that NK has no systems to detect anything but the explosions after the bombs were on their targets. Nuclear capable Stealth bombers will scare the CRAP out of any sane military. It's a punch in the face totally in the dark until it happens.
  • Like 1

Not if the mission was to be visible and send a message. Guaranteed that NK has no systems to detect anything but the explosions after the bombs were on their targets. Nuclear capable Stealth bombers will scare the CRAP out of any sane military. It's a punch in the face totally in the dark until it happens.

What yourself and Frank have failed to realise, A-T, is that the post you have quoted was a joke.

What yourself and Frank have failed to realise, A-T, is that the post you have quoted was a joke.

It didn't seem like one - but okay...

Everybody arguing about who's who in military power needs to open these links.

This one settles the debate for the Koreans.

http://www.globalfirepower.com/countries-listing-asia-pacific.asp'>http://www.globalfirepower.com/countries-listing-asia-pacific.asp

This one is the home page. It's easy to navigate, you'll see.

http://www.globalfirepower.com/

USA #1 in the world. Our air power is completely unmatched. We own the sky.

• Like 1

It didn't seem like one - but okay...

You don't see the humour of announcing a 'stealth' bomber?

• Like 1

You don't see the humour of announcing a 'stealth' bomber?

Just because you know the invisible man is following you doesn't mean you'll see him. That's what's great about stealth. You can be real cocky.

Actually this link lets you compare any two countries side by side.

http://www.globalfir...-comparison.asp

I'd like to know more about their algorithm. If you compare them side by side it looks clear that the North by far has a larger military. The fact that the South spends so much more on "defence" than the North could suggest both that the South has more modern equipment and therefore more expensive equipment, and also that the North actually has no need to grow its arsenal (it should be mentioned that soldiers' annual salary would account for a massive difference in billions of spending between the two). And I think that oil must play a deciding factor in the results of who is 'most powerful'.

seen a news report on Russian NEWS channel RT. where a Russian expert said the chances of war are very real and the Russian foreign minister has warned all involved to cool it down.

when the Russians start worrying i think we should also. the expert on the NEWS channel went on to say North Korea as suffered a famine for the last three years and the problem is getting worse so much so it is starting to affect the feeding of the Armed Forces. with that in mind North Korea have kicked up a fuss so the armed forces are focused on a common enemy instead of worrying about when they'll be getting their next bowl of rice. which in the end would turn its attention to overthrowing the leadership. if its true the little nut case might go out with a bang whats he got to lose?

Actually the Human Rights record in China is a concern for western governments, it's just well. Yes Money, but also China has a giant Military.

Actually the Human Rights record in China is a concern for western governments

"Concern" over China's record didn't amount to war threats. It amounts to empty rhetoric, if even that.

Actually the Human Rights record in China is a concern for western governments, it's just well. Yes Money, but also China has a giant Military.

Of course! A powerful military is an extension of that money. It's why nations with no money get the bullseye on their foreheads. I don't care how much money a government wastes spending on military they never use, if they don't have economic power underneath it, they're easily defeated in war.

How'd that work out for the Iraqis?

The biggest problem the US and SK forces will have will be choosing targets. NK's most advanced fighter entered service in 1983 and they only have 35 of them. Allied forces would achieve air superiority within hours of the start of hostilities. I would hazard a guess that 80-85% of the NK air force would be wiped out on the ground. You have to remember that the South and the US know how to fight this war and have been practicing and refining tactics for more than half a century.

So bring the human wave by the hundreds of thousands, and the 1950s era tanks, and blow the bugles - I'll stick with modern weaponry, cruise missiles, and B52 Arc Light strikes any day.

Actually very well, they managed to kill Thousands of US Troops in the Insurgency. The Iraqi Army lacked discipline to fight the United States. Iraq is mainly an open flat country which made maneuver warfare easy. North Korean soldiers are indoctrinated at birth to believe their leader to be a god, they are trained hard, potentially harder than any other nation on the planet as their leaders are not concerned with public concerns for safety. In a company on company fight they have all the same basic weapons as American counterparts, Rifles, MG's, and Rockets. What the US and SK have are Body Armour, Night Vision, and advanced GPS systems.

American Armor is more powerful and protected same with SK armor. But that comes with being a more advanced Power. However with the Terrain it's not going to be a game of maneuver warfare. It's going to be a solid line and strategic capture points like it was during the War in the early 50's. Marines and Air Assault will play a large role in opening up another front.

The first rule of war is to never underestimate your enemy, especially a fanatical one.

~Thanato

This is what I think:

Kim isn't going to do anything, as he knows he will be squashed.

Rather, he will wait until the joint US/SK exercises are over, and declare, in BS propaganda, that his armed forces on "high alert" have successfully caused the ceasation of US/SK exercises. Which, of course, would not be true.

His uninformed people(whom have no clue as most have no internet) will cheer him, and he will continue to build-up his military and nuclear capability.

• Like 1

Actually very well, they managed to kill Thousands of US Troops in the Insurgency. The Iraqi Army lacked discipline to fight the United States. Iraq is mainly an open flat country which made maneuver warfare easy. North Korean soldiers are indoctrinated at birth to believe their leader to be a god, they are trained hard, potentially harder than any other nation on the planet as their leaders are not concerned with public concerns for safety. In a company on company fight they have all the same basic weapons as American counterparts, Rifles, MG's, and Rockets. What the US and SK have are Body Armour, Night Vision, and advanced GPS systems.

American Armor is more powerful and protected same with SK armor. But that comes with being a more advanced Power. However with the Terrain it's not going to be a game of maneuver warfare. It's going to be a solid line and strategic capture points like it was during the War in the early 50's. Marines and Air Assault will play a large role in opening up another front.

The first rule of war is to never underestimate your enemy, especially a fanatical one.

~Thanato

I wasn't talking about the insurgency. I was talking about the 1990 Gulf War. And I recall the same kinds of things being said about the vaunted Iraqi forces

You are correct, it will not be a war of maneuver, but for the North to achieve any kind of "invasion" they'll have to advance and there are only so many ways to get through the mountains in that region and without air superiority, it will be suicide for NK forces. And while the static war may have worked in the 50s (coincidentally when a lot of NK's military equipment was developed), modern air power and ground based precision guided weaponry will be a game changer. Not to mention, NK command and control and infrastructure will face a level of attack an destruction not seen in the first war.

And while they may think of haircut as a god and are fanatical, they've also spent their lives being fed a line of utter bull**** about their own military capabilities and the capabilities of the forces aligned against them.

I wasn't talking about the insurgency. I was talking about the 1990 Gulf War. And I recall the same kinds of things being said about the vaunted Iraqi forces

You are correct, it will not be a war of maneuver, but for the North to achieve any kind of "invasion" they'll have to advance and there are only so many ways to get through the mountains in that region and without air superiority, it will be suicide for NK forces. And while the static war may have worked in the 50s (coincidentally when a lot of NK's military equipment was developed), modern air power and ground based precision guided weaponry will be a game changer. Not to mention, NK command and control and infrastructure will face a level of attack an destruction not seen in the first war.

And while they may think of haircut as a god and are fanatical, they've also spent their lives being fed a line of utter bull**** about their own military capabilities and the capabilities of the forces aligned against them.

One of teh biggest reasons for the quick defeat of the Iraqi Military in the Gulf War was the fact that the US Military was able to out manouver them and destroy them by driving through open desert.

When you grow up on the shadow of being called the"Dear Leader." its no wonder he's confused.

When he saw China pressured into supporting sanctions, he knew the gig was up.

Edited by Raptor Witness

Firing thousands of shells into North Korean waters into an area deemed unilaterally by the US to be South Korean territory - in what US officials have already declared a violation of international law over 30 years ago - in joint exercises involving 60,000 South Korean troops backed by US Marines, and North Korea is who's "provocative". I feel sorry for anyone who just accepts the slop they read from their politicians and pundits. If we weren't itching for a fight we wouldn't be engaged in military exercises in internationally recognized North Korean territory. This is provocation from the US and South Korea trying to start another war where millions of people will be killed. There are plenty of islands further south that South Koreans can practice their live fire exercises, but no, they choose to invade North Korean territory to find North Korean islands to fire on. It's deliberate stupidity or unwitting naivety for our consumers of information to only believe the official story that conveniently ignores facts like this. Most liberals and neocons from the US who are just pleased as punch with their party politics wouldn't care anyway. Watch some aloof American pundit viewer respond to me with either disbelief or nonchalance or both. Here it comes.

North Koreans are uninformed to our political line just like we're uninformed of theirs. The truth is we're all uninformed, and foolish enough to accept these developments.

And Barack Obama really needs to give that Nobel Peace Prize back, along with manbearpig Al Gore.

Edited by Yamato

Anyone who threatens the US with a nuclear strike would spend their time more usefully by trying to find their mis-placed marbles. Let alone someone who only has a handful of nukes in grass hut.

What does he really think will happen...one US sub, which is probably already on station, would end it very quickly. The Japanese and Chinese are going to be a tad miffed at the fall out drifting over their territory depending on which way the wind is blowing of course.

The Chinese are taking it seriously enough though, they've ramped up the power of their over the horizon HF radar on 21mHz.

Edited by Occams Razor

Anyone who threatens the US with a nuclear strike would spend their time more usefully by trying to find their mis-placed marbles. Let alone someone who only has a handful of nukes in grass hut.

What does he really think will happen...one US sub, which is probably already on station, would end it very quickly. The Japanese and Chinese are going to be a tad miffed at the fall out drifting over their territory depending on which way the wind is blowing of course.

The Chinese are taking it seriously enough though, they've ramped up the power of their over the horizon HF radar on 21mHz.

Fear and propaganda. NK has no fangs

Firing thousands of shells into North Korean waters into an area deemed unilaterally by the US to be South Korean territory - in what US officials have already declared a violation of international law over 30 years ago - in joint exercises involving 60,000 South Korean troops backed by US Marines, and North Korea is who's "provocative". I feel sorry for anyone who just accepts the slop they read from their politicians and pundits. If we weren't itching for a fight we wouldn't be engaged in military exercises in internationally recognized North Korean territory. This is provocation from the US and South Korea trying to start another war where millions of people will be killed. There are plenty of islands further south that South Koreans can practice their live fire exercises, but no, they choose to invade North Korean territory to find North Korean islands to fire on. It's deliberate stupidity or unwitting naivety for our consumers of information to only believe the official story that conveniently ignores facts like this. Most liberals and neocons from the US who are just pleased as punch with their party politics wouldn't care anyway. Watch some aloof American pundit viewer respond to me with either disbelief or nonchalance or both. Here it comes.

North Koreans are uninformed to our political line just like we're uninformed of theirs. The truth is we're all uninformed, and foolish enough to accept these developments.

And Barack Obama really needs to give that Nobel Peace Prize back, along with manbearpig Al Gore.

:rolleyes:

If the US were to threaten to nuke North Korea, the US is the evil one. If North Korea threatens to nuke the US... The US is the evil one because they provoked it. What a joke.

• Like 1

Pre emptive attacks has done what for the west. We look like goofs for doing such.

:rolleyes:

If the US were to threaten to nuke North Korea, the US is the evil one. If North Korea threatens to nuke the US... The US is the evil one because they provoked it. What a joke.

There is no right and wrong here. There's dumb and dumber.