Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UM Band Room

_Only

I have a song that I recorded several years ago, it's drums, bass and vocals. It's like a '50's style rock and roll song. I wonder if anyone would be interested in putting a guitar track to it? Thing is, how do I attach the MP3 file here so someone could copy it?

You can search for a free mp3 upload' site, upload it, and just put the link on here. You should, so someone will put something to it, and we can hear it.

Dude, you're sick on the guitar. Thanks for sharing your video.

I missed this response so sorry this is late!

Thanks for the compliment. In actuality, I'm probably about average on guitar. I have tons of friends that can play circles around me. But that's okay! It keeps me grounded and those guys and gals are always there to learn from!

• Like 1

Just posted another tune up, entitled "Drive" on my reverb page.

The link is in my sig if you'd like to hear it! Free download as well.

Had an absolute blast writing and recording this one. I ran the bass guitar higher in the mix on purpose. I wanted to make it stand out more than I normally do. And that bass track was so much fun to noodle around on. I spent half a day just jamming to the guitar riff with it after I'd already had the track laid down.

At 2:27 the guitar "solo" of the song kicks in and it's my own little tip-of-the-cap to Neal Schon...who was and still is a huge influence on my guitar playing.

• Like 1

Like your music.

• Like 1

[media=]

[/media]

My daughter recorded me going over the 2nd lead track for the new tune I just put up, "Grab the Sky". This is all from the demo sessions, before the entire song had been written yet.

You're working on a classic there -- killer lead!! It's reminiscent of "Fight the Good Fight" by Triumph, one my favorite Hard Rock songs. You may want to extend the lead, however, because it's so good. Thanks for sharing!

Peace.

It is good, but I've got to say, I always played using a Stratocaster in the past, and loved it. But now I just recently bought a Les Paul, and am wishing I had those humbuckers in the past. I can get the sounds I could get on the Stratocaster, but with less work, and more resonance. It's like it's helping me play, if that makes sense. I'm so happy with it, even though it's only an Epiphone. I hope to record something on it and post it here to let you see what I mean. I bought that 100 dollar Digitech effects processor, too, which I think is the best deal in guitar efects around (and has been for many years). What effects processing do you use?

Anyway, here's some more drumming.

[media=]

[/media]

edit: Talking to MedicTJ, by the way.

Edited by _Only
  • Like 1

Great drumming, _Only, very expressive. And that kit... wow!

Also, thanks for your previous offer to add drums to some of my stuff sometime, I'll definately keep it in mind.

This isn't the best version of this song, but it's me from about 2 years ago. Original song! :) Hope ya like it!! I sing it much better now! :P

[media=]

[/media]

I really like this tune, lots of heart!

Perhaps you could hook up with _Only and StarMountainKid, add tracks and make a monster... >:)

Creating music using various members is a great idea. I'm a bass player who's available! I've written songs, some played in bands I've been in. but I haven't done much lately.

Here's a song I wrote and recorded with some good musicians about 10 years ago. It was recorded using a portable digital recorder in the guitar player's house. The sound turned out as good as it did because the keyboard player who recorded and mixed it knew what he was doing. The mix may not be up to pro standards, but It shows the quality of sound that can be had using even 10 year old technology.

[media=]

[/media]

Very classy recording, great musicianship. And you're right, the quality of the recording is suprisingly good, sounds completely professional to me.

^ An example of my musical organizational skills. All guitar tracks.

I'll post a cover of Hey Joe on here once I record it tomorrow.

[media=]

^ An example of my musical organizational skills. All guitar tracks.

I'll post a cover of Hey Joe on here once I record it tomorrow.

Nifty multi-tracking, reminds me a lot of my early stuff. Could use a few more instruments but not a bad start.

[media=]

[/media]

My daughter recorded me going over the 2nd lead track for the new tune I just put up, "Grab the Sky". This is all from the demo sessions, before the entire song had been written yet.

Great playing, very fluid and confident. I'm envious, I could never get anything out of a fender but thin plinky sounds, you've got a really nice tone going there.

I have a song that I recorded several years ago, it's drums, bass and vocals. It's like a '50's style rock and roll song. I wonder if anyone would be interested in putting a guitar track to it? Thing is, how do I attach the MP3 file here so someone could copy it?

To exchange tracks, you might want to use Soundcloud. Upload to them and others can download the file there. To play it hear at UM, just upload an MP3 to anywhere online, then post a link, the site will make a player like the one below...

[media=]http://ravensblight.com/ChangeComesRound.mp3[/media]

(This tune's from one of my older albums, seemed an appropriate selection for these forums :)

Edited by Barnabas Collins

Loving this thread! Thanks for the compliments! This is just one song out of 100's! I have many more that blow this away. The guitar is the video is an ibenez acoustic/electric!

It is good, but I've got to say, I always played using a Stratocaster in the past, and loved it. But now I just recently bought a Les Paul, and am wishing I had those humbuckers in the past. I can get the sounds I could get on the Stratocaster, but with less work, and more resonance. It's like it's helping me play, if that makes sense. I'm so happy with it, even though it's only an Epiphone. I hope to record something on it and post it here to let you see what I mean. I bought that 100 dollar Digitech effects processor, too, which I think is the best deal in guitar efects around (and has been for many years). What effects processing do you use?

Anyway, here's some more drumming.

[media=]

[/media]

edit: Talking to MedicTJ, by the way.

Killer drumming only!

Concerning the Strat and the humbuckers, I have a secret to confess. Those aren't the stock Fender pickups. I changed everything out for DiMarzio's, and the two in the single positions (bridge and neck) are actually stacked humbucker "Cruiser" pickups. Single coils have always sounded to thin to me, as well. But when I bought that guitar, the wood resonated so well that I just opted to get it....and change it out to my own specs.

I got a bunch of emails and contacts on my reverb page asking how I played the solo section on "Grab the Sky", so here it is:

[media=]

[/media]
  • Like 2

Added a new tune today called, "Aurora".

http://www.reverbnation.com/tjflickinger

First song on the list.

Funny where this thing came from. I was working on another tune and getting ready to track the bass guitar. I was checking levels, and started playing the bass riff to this new tune out of the blue. I immediately switched to get the idea down and just ran with it.

Of all the songs I've done, this one has been the most fun to play on drums. I'm a guitarist, so that's fun automatically, but I had SO much fun with the groove on this with percussion.

I was trying to think of what your guitar playing sounds like, then I saw your "sounds like" acts listted, and had the Eureka moment. Eric Johnson! That sound is unmistakable.

Oh I'm nowhere close to Eric in terms of both abiliy and tone but he's definitely a huge influence on me. The first time I heard, "Cliffs of Dover" I said to myself, "That is just inhuman."

The one thing I've learned from him is feeling. Get the most out of every single note you play. Don't just play the note, feel the note. Sounds kinda Zen but it rings true. So when it has come to developing my lead "chops", instead of listening to other guitarists, I'll actually listen and try to play along with vocalists.

I used to sit for hours and try to emulate Steve Perry's vocal stylings on my guitar. I'd go through Journey album after album and try to match his vocal with the guitar. I still do that from time to time today.

• 3 weeks later...

I imagine a bunch of gray aliens dancing at an 80's style party. Then a gray alien with sunglasses walks in, and this song starts playing as he makes his way into the room in slow motion, all the others staring in awe and admiration.

Right when the song ends, he turns his head back while flipping the sunglasses down.

Lol.

• Like 1

I finally finished my first full length song. I built it around a single riff I made back in high school that I always called 'the hair metal riff'. All of the lead guitar parts and harmonies were created and produced tonight in one sitting. It just poured right out.

• Like 3

Some really good stuff in this thread. MedicTJ is UM's very own resident guitar god!

Here's a few of my messings abouts. nothing serious just having a bit of fun with my guitars and computer. If anyone wants to throw some of thier own noises over the top of them feel free to do so. I apologise for my sloppy playing. I just press record, play and see what comes out, then add tracks over the top.

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=8600601&q=hi&newref=1

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=7584758&q=hi&newref=1

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=7587175&q=hi&newref=1

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=7584732&q=hi&newref=1

• Like 2

Some really good stuff in this thread. MedicTJ is UM's very own resident guitar god!

Here's a few of my messings abouts. nothing serious just having a bit of fun with my guitars and computer. If anyone wants to throw some of thier own noises over the top of them feel free to do so. I apologise for my sloppy playing. I just press record, play and see what comes out, then add tracks over the top.

http://www.soundclic...1&q=hi&newref=1

I could think of no other person to put vocals to the first one other than Billy Corgan. It would be a perfect match.

I just might be able to make it happen. I'll be back!