Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Demons, what are they?

Jor-el

Want to elaborate on what you have learnt, without using biblical scripture?

That the spiritual world is a very, very dangerous place to dabble in. Why do you think necromancy involves so much preparation and so many rules and rituals?

It is not our place to come back, we never do come back, our job is done after death. Our place is to prepare our minds and our hearts for that journey. The ancient Egyptians took that message to heart as did most of the ancient cultures before us.

The fear of punishment, is a result not of some Gods judgement, it is the result of actions we knew to be wrong and did anyway, it is our conscience speaking to us, our conscience would not do that if we ourselves did not consider those actions to be wrong.

There is a story that God does not judge us in the end, he lets us judge ourselves... without the mask of self justification.

Agreed. I certainly didn't have a map to find my way back to this world, as if. Keep in mind, however, that I was not taken to Paradise. I was brought back to my life on earth instead. I believe we get a second chance, or chances (not just one). All I know is that it was not right for me to be in that Void. It felt like an UNJUST punishment, especially for all the spiritual work I've done on earth...wanting to be with God because my kundilini yoga path believed in a one God. Perhaps the reason for bringing me back here was to realize or figure out that Jesus Christ is Lord (God) and saviour?

It's a no brainer: this bright, golden (the color of His radience), (faceless) entity with long wavy hair took me out of that Void, and "saved" me. While in the Void, in that instant, Jesus' name came to my "awareness." The uncanny thing about His presence was the unmistakable feeling of "love beyond compare." There's nothing like it on earth. Some say that a mother's love for her child is similar, but I say, wait and see. Wait until that child grows up, and tell me about this intense earthly love again. One should ask, why would the seraphim cry out to one another, "Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of His glory." Here's a term in Latin: "Sine fine dicentes," and it means "saying, without end." It makes one wonder why angels would do such a thing. They're not phoning it in. Also in Luke 2:13-14: "Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, 'Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom His favor rests.'" Could it be being around that "love beyond compare" presence of God make them exalt Him? When I felt Jesus' presence (while in the Void), I was crying invisible tears, for I have never felt such joy in my invisible heart. Again, we get many chances. The world is always talking to us.

Some mystical teachings say that we will judge ourselves, not God.

Peace to you, Jor-el.

Edited by braveone2u
  • Like 1

Agreed. I certainly didn't have a map to find my way back to this world, as if. Keep in mind, however, that I was not taken to Paradise. I was brought back to my life on earth instead. I believe we get a second chance, or chances (not just one). All I know is that it was not right for me to be in that Void. It felt like an UNJUST punishment, especially for all the spiritual work I've done on earth...wanting to be with God because my kundilini yoga path believed in a one God. Perhaps the reason for bringing me back here was to realize or figure out that Jesus Christ is Lord (God) and saviour?

It's a no brainer: this bright, golden (the color of His radience), (faceless) entity with long wavy hair took me out of that Void, and "saved" me. While in the Void, in that instant, Jesus' name came to my "awareness." The uncanny thing about His presence was the unmistakable feeling of "love beyond compare." There's nothing like it on earth. Some say that a mother's love for her child is similar, but I say, wait and see. Wait until that child grows up, and tell me about this intense earthly love again. One should ask, why would the seraphim cry out to one another, "Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of His glory." Here's a term in Latin: "Sine fine dicentes," and it means "saying, without end." It makes one wonder why angels would do such a thing. They're not phoning it in. Also in Luke 2:13-14: "Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying,"Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom His favor rests." Could it be being around that "love beyond compare" presence of God make them exalt Him? When I felt Jesus' presence (while in the Void), I was crying invisible tears, for I have never felt such joy in my invisible heart. Again, we get many chances. The world is always talking to us.

Some mystical teachings say that we will judge ourselves, not God.

Peace to you, Jor-el.

I can't say anymore than you have. Thank you.

Hi Atentutankh-pasheri,

Do you think these small beings were restless, shape-shifting ghosts, or fairies? Jesus believed in ghosts, not necessarily evil spirits. The Bible also talks about it.

"But Jesus told them, 'What's frightening you? And why are you doubting? Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have.'" Luke 24:38-39

"The king said to her, 'Don't be afraid. What do you see?' The woman said, 'I see a ghostly figure coming up out of the earth.'" 1 Samuel 28:13

Peace.

They were generally what you would call an elf from how they looked. Some were imps, though to me an imp is simply another form of elf, more "impish". Biblical references to such phenomena are not valid I think. Such things should be looked at from the view of cosmism and panpsychism. But that would be another thread, and this imp is tired.......

Edited by Atentutankh-pasheri

It staggers me how one could define their entire belief system on what a few thousand year old book says, it really does. Biblical scripture, particularly on the subject of demons, couldn't be any more wrong. Sorry to break it to you.

Mormons don't they base thiers on two books written thousands of years ago, and two written about 200 years ago. Plus stuff being written today. The mormon faith is a living faith.

Probable I don't know them. They are called angels or messangers. These were tha type that ate with abraham.

What about the ones who are gods?

Could you defend any of those positions with actual biblical scripture?

I think not.

Can you defend any of your positions with actual FACT?? That's probably the better question.

I think not..

I can say I think demons are purple unicorn souls who are trapped between candyland and monopoly and if we don't need facts to back anything up then no one can be wrong....or right for that matter. You not accepting someone's answer doesn't make it wrong and your bible scriptures don't make what you say right, sorry to break it to you.

Edited by Goddess_Lilith
  • Like 1

They are the souls of liberal lawmakers.

I'm pretty liberal so I should be offended but I'm not haha that was funny! I have to give credit where its due and that was a good one:)

Can you defend any of your positions with actual FACT?? That's probably the better question.

I think not..

I can say I think demons are purple unicorn souls who are trapped between candyland and monopoly and if we don't need facts to back anything up then no one can be wrong....or right for that matter. You not accepting someone's answer doesn't make it wrong and your bible scriptures don't make what you say right, sorry to break it to you.

As a matter of fact I thik I can defend my position. the evidence of the spiritual world is in that we the physical world are a reflection of that world we call the spirtit world and that evidence can be found in all the phenomena that we winess on earth. It is much like the allegory of the cave proposed by Plato.

We have demonic posession, we have alot of information historically on people trying to access the spirit world, from spiritism to necromancy. we have information from the Luciferians and their rites and their purposes, we have information and evidence from what even some demons say and their actions when confronted by the name of Jesus... I could go on but if you want a detailed account, then that will have to wait for later.

As a matter of fact I thik I can defend my position. the evidence of the spiritual world is in that we the physical world are a reflection of that world we call the spirtit world and that evidence can be found in all the phenomena that we winess on earth. It is much like the allegory of the cave proposed by Plato.

We have demonic posession, we have alot of information historically on people trying to access the spirit world, from spiritism to necromancy. we have information from the Luciferians and their rites and their purposes, we have information and evidence from what even some demons say and their actions when confronted by the name of Jesus... I could go on but if you want a detailed account, then that will have to wait for later.

Wasn't the question what they were, not wether they actually existed? I'm confused... And seriously as soon as you bring your god and his amazing book that btw wasn't written by him but by man, into it it becomes as good as my unicorn theory. The fact is, is that no one probably knows for a definite fact what demons are...they could be fallen angels or purple unicorns. They are something very much unknown other than they are some sort of entity. I don't know that I believe a whole lot of what the churches say and/or describe as demonic possession, seeing that they have been known to think homosexuality was due to demonic possession.

Edited by Goddess_Lilith

Wasn't the question what they were, not wether they actually existed? I'm confused... And seriously as soon as you bring your god and his amazing book that btw wasn't written by him but by man, into it it becomes as good as my unicorn theory. The fact is, is that no one probably knows for a definite fact what demons are...they could be fallen angels or purple unicorns. They are something very much unknown other than they are some sort of entity. I don't know that I believe a whole lot of what the churches say and/or describe as demonic possession, seeing that they have been known to think homosexuality was due to demonic possession.

Much of the current christian thinking about demons is a twisted mess, but that doesn't mean the bible doesn't have the answer to the question. In ancient times, people viewed demons as the lost souls of the nephilim, the demi-human/god offspring of the sexual intercourse between gods/angels and women, These beings when they died were excluded from any of the promises made to mankind, neither heaven or hell was their destiny, they were condemned to drift in the void between the two.

Remember please that Christianity is a descendent of Judaism and Judaism has the same type of cosmology as ancient Sumeria, Babylon, and Greece, their views and experiences in the "science" of necromancy is well known, not just the theory, but also the practice of it.

So if the bible has the answer to your question then why are you asking? You have the answer right there in front of you. Why not enlighten us? And tell me more about Christianity being based off black magic as well if you don't mind.

So if the bible has the answer to your question then why are you asking? You have the answer right there in front of you. Why not enlighten us? And tell me more about Christianity being based off black magic as well if you don't mind.

I just did...

Looks like you have some reading to do, before you ask, no, I'm not going to spoon feed it to you, got better things to do, like anything.

Because you were lying so I was only mocking you. What books? And don't believe everything you read anymore unless you can back up your ridiculous declarations.

What about the ones who are gods?

I don't know their names. You do understand that the word god is a title don't you. They did go throughh what we are going through.

I just did...

What they were viewed as and what they are in fact are, are two completely different things. Again I'm talking facts sweetie, not views and/or beliefs. Do you know what's facts are?

What they were viewed as and what they are in fact are, are two completely different things. Again I'm talking facts sweetie, not views and/or beliefs. Do you know what's facts are?

If you want to what a spirit looks like, look in a mirrior. Your body looks just like, minus any scares.

If you want to what a spirit looks like, look in a mirrior. Your body looks just like, minus any scares.

Very mature. And I wasn't the one who originally asked this ridiculous question so how about you try to pay attention and keep up and do some growing up before you adress me ever again.

To show why I write that Christians think that demons are the old Gods and demi-gods, and in so doing insult many of us living and the ancestors of all, here is what early Christians said about the worship of Antinous.

Quote from Origen, extract from book 3 chapter 36-38

For they set up in certain places demons claiming prophetic or healing power, and which frequently torture those who seem to have committed any mistake about ordinary kinds of food, or about touching the dead body of a man, that they may have the appearance of alarming the uneducated multitude. Of this nature is the being that is considered to be a god in Antinopolis in Egypt, whose virtues are the lying inventions of some who live by the gain derived therefrom; while others, deceived by the demon placed there, and others again convicted by a weak conscience, actually think that they are paying a divine penalty inflicted by Antinous.

This can all be just as well applied to Christianity. Demons = figments of the imagination used for propaganda

I don't know their names. You do understand that the word god is a title don't you. They did go throughh what we are going through.

God as proper noun is a title or name, the word god is synonymous for deity. Edited by Rlyeh

Very mature. And I wasn't the one who originally asked this ridiculous question so how about you try to pay attention and keep up and do some growing up before you adress me ever again.

I wasn't being childess, I was telling you what I have been taught in church.

Because you were lying so I was only mocking you. What books? And don't believe everything you read anymore unless you can back up your ridiculous declarations.

Liar? Guess what, I've got a nicer term for you bub, I'll clue you in...it starts with douche and ends with bag. You can think whatever you want, I couldn't care less. If you're interested in learning anything new (which i seriously doubt because you come off as a complete closed minded tool) google is your friend. Like I said, I'm not here to spoon feed you, that's not my job, research things yourself, if you're interested. LEARN SOMETHING NEW, IT'S NOT THAT DIFFICULT. However, if you have zero energy or will to do so, then shut your mouth and remain ignorant.

Edited by WoIverine

You can't really limit other dimensions to reflect your own comfort zone. I think that's how most horror movies begin: everything seems great...then what the hell is that!

How am i doing that?

The facts are that we die, and a part of us doesn't. Call it the spirit, or call it a standing holographic wave pattern that is our consciousness. Then there are other conscious beings who may or may never have had a body and they don't like us very much.

• Like 1

Hi Jor-el,

Hope you have a had a good Easter!

Interesting topic Jor-el. Just wondering from what you are saying that the 'fallen Angel's' aren't Demons, then what in your opinion is their role?

Matthew 25:41

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

41 “Then He will also say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels;