Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood [Part 2]

Abramelin

Abramelin said that if the OLB were authentic, more copies should have been saved (or something like that).

My answer to that is in the following quote (translation below).

" In een handschrift, berustend in de Koninklijke Bibliotheek te 's-Gravenhage, bevindt zich tussen twee moraliserende leerdichten en enige korte uiteenzettingen van de katholieke leer, de legende van Beatrijs, een der parels van onze middelnederlandse letterkunde.

Genoemd handschrift is het enige, waarin zij bewaard werd, een bewijs hoe broos ons bezit van zulke teksten is. Immers, was dit handschrift, zoals vele andere, verloren gegaan, wij zouden niet hebben geweten, dat de oude Maria-legende op onze bodem haar schoonste vorm heeft gekregen, waardoor zij alle buitenlandse bewerkingen verre overtreft."

From: "Beatrijs ~ Met inleiding en aantekeningen van Dr. W.H. Beuken" (Achtste druk, 1972): Inleiding, blz. 3.

Translation:

" In a manuscript, resting in the Royal Library at The Hague, between two moralising, didactic poems and some short disquisitions of the catholic doctrine, there is the legend of Beatrijs, one of the highlights of our middledutch literature.

This manuscript is the only version in which it was saved, illustrating how brittle our possession of such texts is. Indeed, had this manuscript been lost, like many others, we would not have known, that the old Mary-legend got its most beautiful shape in our territory, which makes her overtop all foreign adaptations by far."

We are talking about a chronicle that contained many laws and regulations. You can't expect that everyone all over Fryan territory knew all these laws and regulations by heart, so copies of at least these laws and regulations must have been made.

Such law books must have been copied over and over again because they would wear due to frequent use.

We are talking about a chronicle that contained many laws and regulations. You can't expect that everyone all over Fryan territory knew all these laws and regulations by heart, so copies of at least these laws and regulations must have been made.

Such law books must have been copied over and over again because they would wear due to frequent use.

Ofcourse there must have been more copies, but the Nazis and Communists were not the first (nor the last!) to destroy texts they did not like.

Besides destruction from invaders and wars, many sources will simply have fallen apart in our wet climate, or used as fuel in cold, dark winters. For most of the past people struggled to survive and had better things to do than copy a book that had no direct relevance. Others will simply have been thrown away, as happens nowadays: when old people die, their children or grandchildren throw away things they don't value. As Apol said, for many centuries, maybe even over 2000 years, it will have been extremely dangerous to have these texts. Because enemies might think burning them is not enough: people who (possibly) know the information (and might write it down again) will have to die too.

Also: there may be more texts in private collections or secret archives. After what happened with Cornelis Over the Linden - being accused of lying and all - who would bring a family treasure like that to a museum or historical society like he did?!

Mind my words: as soon as OLB gets the attention it deserves, more sources that confirm it will appear.

Edited by gestur
  • Like 1

Ofcourse there must have been more copies, but the Nazis and Communists were not the first (nor the last!) to destroy texts they did not like.

Besides destruction from invaders and wars, many teksts will just have fallen apart in our wet climate, or used as fuel in cold, dark winters. For most of the past people struggled to survive and had better things to do than copy a book that had no direct relevance. Others will simply have been thrown away, as happens nowadays: when old people die, their children or grandchildren throw away things they don't see any value. As Apol said, for many centuries, maybe even over 2000 years, it will have been dangerous to have these texts.

Also: there may be more texts in private collections or secret archives. After what happened with Cornelis Over the Linden - being accused of lying and all - who would bring a family treasure like that to a museum or historical society like he did?!

Mind my words: as soon as OLB gets the attention it deserves, more sources that confirm it will appear.

You talk about our wet climate, but the Fryans were all over Europe and beyond.

And we still find Roman (yes!) papyri that are around 2000 years old, in England for instance (talking about 'wet climate', lol).

The Romans also inscribed on stone, and though the contents are obviously 'pagan', they were not destroyed and we can still view them in many museums.

Also: there may be more texts in private collections or secret archives. After what happened with Cornelis Over the Linden - being accused of lying and all - who would bring a family treasure like that to a museum or historical society

like he did?!

What happened to CodL happened 150 years ago. Things have changed. If let's say some Greek family owned a Fryan document, why would they keep hiding it, even now?! They could have the paper dated, the text analyzed, and so on. And if this new MS appeared to be from the 13h century, then the whole discussion about the OLB will have to start afresh.

And we still find Roman (yes!) papyri that are around 2000 years old [...]

The Romans also inscribed on stone, and though the contents are obviously 'pagan', they were not destroyed and we can still view them in many museums.

That fits in our belief system and was not target of a longlasting and fanatic cultural genocide as our nordic prechristian culture was.

What happened to CodL happened 150 years ago.

Don't think light of that. He was (falsely) branded a lying fraudster in public and ridiculed.

Things have changed. If let's say some Greek family owned a Fryan document, why would they keep hiding it, even now?!

People hide all possible sorts of things.

They have excellent reasons to not trust their authorities.

They may have had similar instructions as Liko gave:

NE LÉT THA AGON ÉNIS PAPEKAPPE

TACH NIMMERTHE OVER THISSA SKRIFTA NE WÉJA

There may also be extremely rich people - from a religion or lifestyle that would not benefit from Fryan thinking entering the public domain - who would offer a good prize for it, and then keep it for themselves (or ritually burn it).

They could have the paper dated, the text analyzed, and so on. And if this new MS appeared to be from the 13h century, then the whole discussion about the OLB will have to start afresh.

Good that you mention that. The OLB paper has been analysed for many years now and the only reports that have come out so far are vague - no clear answer to the basic questions: when, where and how made? Artificially coloured, if so, how? With the modern techniques this should be easy.

The overestimated amateurs who do the research already decided before they even started that the paper had to be from the 19th century and made in Western Europe or America. That's why they can't get their results straight. They don't even consider the possibility that it might be Chinese or Byzantine paper.

About the OLB-language: After Beckering Vinckers wrote his hogwash report in 1876, no linguist wrote a word on the topic. It is burked. Not a confirmation that what BV wrote is right, no refinement of it. BV's libel is plain rubbish and so obviously pseudo-scientific that it made me lose trust in the so-called scientific community of the Netherlands.

Hollowland, where a Goffe Jestma can become doctor summa cum laude (at a theological faculty) with his disinforming delusional fiction so he can become professor Subsidiefrysk at the townships-university of Groningen.

ER.UT MOT.ET.

Edited by gestur
  • Like 1

I keep having problems with authorities socalled suppressing information because it might turn history upside down.

I mentioned Göbekli Tepe in this thread. If you had said, some 50 years ago, that there were 11,000 years old temples to be found in Anatolia, you would have been labeled an idiot, a crackpot, a fantast or something similar. But they did find those temples, and by those finds many start thinking radically different about what might still be waiting in the ground.

Were those finds hidden for the general public? No.

-

If another copy of the OLB, or maybe only an OLB law book is still in the possession of some rich family, they could have it researched and dated by professionals instead of amateurs because money would not be a problem.

-

Don't think light of that. He was (falsely) branded a lying fraudster in public and ridiculed.

So if another copy was found, would that not clear his name? And preferably a copy found in another country?

There may also be extremely rich people - from a religion that would not benefit from Fryan thinking entering the public domain - who would offer a good prize for it, and then keep it for themselves (or ritually burn it).

Ritually burn it, lol. You serious??

Extremely rich people don't give a flying fk about public opinion because they don't have to.

I keep having problems with authorities socalled suppressing information because it might turn history upside down.

LOL, not because it would turn history upside down, but because it might undermine the current state of affairs.

The Batavian revolution (in NL, late 18th C.) and a more recent revolution (mainly in Germany, thirties) were also (partly) driven by prechristian sentiments.

• Like 1

Were those finds hidden for the general public? No.

There is still hope for the OLB.

If it would have surfaced today it would be received differently, but because it got no chance from the start, there is now much prejudice that needs to be overcome first.

That is why what we do here may prove valuable.

Once a serious and honest research team puts an effort, a new (old) world will open.

Edited by gestur

So if another copy was found, would that not clear his name? And preferably a copy found in another country?

Yes, it would.

Time will tell.

The subject may first need to become less controversial and more known.

Extremely rich people don't give a flying fk about public opinion because they don't have to.

You serious??

Who has much can lose much.

The top of the pyramid of power is supported by lower layers and, ulimately by the people that are now their slaves (living in the illusion that they are 'free').

Niemand ist mehr Sklave, als der sich für frei hält, ohne es zu sein.

=

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749–1832)

Edited by gestur
  • Like 1

Yes, it would.

Time will tell.

The subject may first need to become less controversial and more known.

You serious??

Who has much can lose much.

The top of the pyramid of power is supported by lower layers and, ulimately by the people that are now their slaves (living in the illusion that they are 'free').

Niemand ist mehr Sklave, als der sich für frei hält, ohne es zu sein.

=

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749–1832)

If Bill Gates decides to walk stark naked in the middle of New york, i don't think his wealth will diminish (or hardly), and if a newspaper publishes something he really doesn't like, he'll buy the newspaper.

We were talking extremely rich, right?

-

The OLB is already well known, but mainly because people keep promoting it as a story about "Atlantis", which is of course nonsense to those who actually read the MS themselves.

LOL, not because it would turn history upside down, but because it might undermine the current state of affairs.

The Batavian revolution (in NL, late 18th C.) and a more recent revolution (mainly in Germany, thirties) were also (partly) driven by prechristian sentiments.

You mean the (Dutch, German and Danish) Frisians - once convinced of the OLB's authenticity - would start a revolution or something?

http://frisianalliance.webs.com/

I remember a website, "Aurich" something, about reuniting all the former Frisian territories.

Edited by Abramelin

If OLB is authentic, it does not only concern the Frisians.

I thought that would be obvious.

You seem to have no clue at all.

Forget it, I said too much already.

If OLB is authentic, it does not only concern the Frisians.

I thought that would be obvious.

You seem to have no clue at all.

Forget it, I said too much already.

It's obvious to you because you and Otharus both think in terms of a conspiracy.

I don't, I think it's balderdash.

If the OLB proves to be true, then yes, history will be turned upside down. I for one would love it, but I won't hold my breath.

Just spill it out, Gestur, tell us what you think, or send me a pm if you don't want to post it here.

Edited by Abramelin

We all know about those 'German boy scouts' with their leader with his funny mustache and spastic elbow from the 30's of the past century, but not many will know about the Batavian Revolution:

The term Batavian revolution refers to the political, social and cultural turmoil that marked the end of the Dutch Republic at the end of the 18th century. In the Netherlands, this era is called, together with the Napoleonic era, the "Batavian-French era" (1795–1815) even though the time spanned was only 20 years, of which three were under French occupation.

Just like in other parts of Europe a number of people in the Dutch Republic wanted a more honest government and a more equal society. Society became divided between the Orangists, who supported stadtholder William V, Prince of Orange, and the Patriots who, under influence of the American Revolution and the ideas of the Enlightenment, wanted a more democratic government.

The country found itself in a deep economic crisis, caused by the British declaration of war following Dutch recognition of the American independence. The Fourth Anglo-Dutch War (1780-1784) was devastating to Dutch trade and industry.

In 1786 and 1787 the situation escalated. The Patriots, who wanted to recreate the successes of the Dutch Golden Age, founded "Rifler's societies" ("schuttersgenootschappen"), small groups of men who practised firing rifles.

Between 1783 and 1787 these armed civilians managed to take over several cities and regions. In 1785 the stadtholder William V, Prince of Orange left the west of the country for Nijmegen in the east, as the States of Holland were not willing to send their troops to fight the Patriots. Only after William's brother-in-law, the king of Prussia, sent an army of 26,000 men to the republic, the authority of the stadtholder was restored.

But the restoration was only temporary. The Patriots continued their activities, be it in secret meetings or as political refugees in Northern France. In 1789 the French revolution had started, and the French were determined to spread this revolution over the rest of Europe.

In late December 1794, French and Dutch Patriot troops under general Charles Pichegru marched across the frozen rivers of the Republic. The Patriots knew this was the moment of truth, and they proclaimed the Batavian Republic. William V fled to England where he proclaimed that all Dutch colonies were to fall under British rule as they had declared war on the Batavian Republic. A number of these colonies never returned to Dutch rule such as Sri Lanka and South Africa.

Several coups followed in 1798, 1801 and 1805 which brought different groups of Patriots to power. The last ruler of the Batavian Republic was Rutger Jan Schimmelpenninck.

The Batavian revolution ended in 1806 when the Kingdom of Holland was founded with Napoleon's brother, Louis Napoleon as King.

http://en.wikipedia....vian_revolution

I don't see any "pre-christian sentiment" here.

Edited by Abramelin

....From the Brut ......... Tha wepmen weren iwaxen..........................The men were numerous

Tha wimen wel ithowene...............................The women well thriving

and tha heore nutene....................................and the cattle abundant....................nutene = abundant so maybe a nuts connection ??

....From the Brut ......... Tha wepmen weren iwaxen..........................The men were numerous

and tha heore nutene....................................and the cattle abundant....................nutene = abundant so maybe a nuts connection ??

Interesting, because that word is obviously connected to 'enough' - enoch but yes, it has a t change.

Can you give the source/paragraphs? I think you made some typos.

Or is this not from the OLB??

Edited by Abramelin

It's obvious to you because you and Otharus both think in terms of a conspiracy.

I don't, I think it's balderdash.

If the OLB proves to be true, then yes, history will be turned upside down. I for one would love it, but I won't hold my breath.

Just spill it out, Gestur, tell us what you think, or send me a pm if you don't want to post it here.

Mario Dantas said this:

I really am ridiculously scared to talk about this. I find that the grave accusations made here, reflect all the psychological weight of the subject, so no need to say more.

Food for thought.

Mario Dantas said this: [/color]

Food for thought.

Well, I am still here, and you know what I have been called....

Not scared at all.

Can you give the source/paragraphs? I think you made some typos.

Or is this not from the OLB??

No not OLB its from Layamons Brut , or Chronicles of Britain .......on google books , but it has an anglo-saxon , early english , and a modern translation , so you get 3 different spellings/meaning of each word , but where i typed th , the orig shows a thorn (Close to p)and i dont have a typeface with accents.

Edited by NO-ID-EA

Well, I am still here, and you know what I have been called....

Not scared at all.

I have my moments - but I'm still here because I believe that even if half of it is true it deserves to be acknowledged.

No not OLB its from Layamons Brut , or Chronicles of Britain .......on google books , but it has an anglo-saxon , early english , and a modern translation , so you get 3 different spellings/meaning of each word , but where i typed th , the orig shows a thorn (Close to p)and i dont have a typeface with accents.

I just downloaded the pdf from here (click on the tab with the star / 19 Mb) :

Brut, or chronicle of Britain: a poeticel semi-Saxon paraphrase of ..., Volume 3

Layamon, Frederic Madden

http://books.google.nl/books?id=UfhLAAAAcAAJ&pg=PA451&dq=brut+wave&hl=nl&sa=X&ei=NRFcUcPUJMbbOdv5gPgH&ved=0CGEQ6AEwBg#v=onepage&q=brut%20wave&f=false

What is it we are all frightened to say.......The more i delve , the more it looks to me like anciently different bloodlines ruled different countries , at some point a concerted effort was made to either conquer or destroy some , or if they were too powerful to intermarry all these bloodlines, and keep government and religious positions of power for themselves, setting up different family members into different positions , so as not to have to work , to become rich, because that was where the money was........As Voltaire famously said , the Holy Roman Empire , was not Holy , was not Roman and was not an Empire........ it was an internecine money machine.

thats why we have a situation where 10% of the elite people have 90% of the money, and the 90% of us left , have to fight for the remaining 10%. ....so what ,its history ...a done deal.....we have to live with it , or change it .

• Like 1

I just downloaded the pdf from here (click on the tab with the star / 19 Mb) :

Brut, or chronicle of Britain: a poeticel semi-Saxon paraphrase of ..., Volume 3

Layamon, Frederic Madden

http://books.google....ut wave&f=false

i just read volume 1 , and started volume 2 , some good stuff on Brut coming from Troy , building Britain as New Troia ,and then going back to the Krekalands from where he was banished , and re-forming an army from the Troians that had been made slaves by the Achaeans/Greeks , could these have become the Romans ??

What is it we are all frightened to say.......The more i delve , the more it looks to me like anciently different bloodlines ruled different countries , at some point a concerted effort was made to either conquer or destroy some , or if they were too powerful to intermarry all these bloodlines, and keep government and religious positions of power for themselves, setting up different family members into different positions , so as not to have to work , to become rich, because that was where the money was........As Voltaire famously said , the Holy Roman Empire , was not Holy , was not Roman and was not an Empire........ it was an internecine money machine.

thats why we have a situation where 10% of the elite people have 90% of the money, and the 90% of us left , have to fight for the remaining 10%. ....so what ,its history ...a done deal.....we have to live with it , or change it .

Yeah, should I be waiting for the men in black or something? Am I being naïve or overlooking an important point that I should be having a paranoia attack over?

In saying that I am very conscious of what I write in this thread but in the 21st century internet age we may be safe from any fallout the contents of this book might have once had if it was true.

But most of all, Egeria gave wisdom and prophecy in return for libations of water or milk at her sacred groves. This quality has been made especially popular through the tale of her relationship with Numa Pompilius (the second legendary king of Rome, that succeeded its founder Romulus);

In this myth she is shown as counselor and guide to King Numa in the establishment of the original framework of laws and rituals of Rome, and in this role she is somehow uniquely in Roman mythology associated with "sacred books"; Numa (Latin "numen" designates "the expressed will of a deity"[4]) is reputed to have written down the teachings of Egeria in "sacred books" that he made bury with him; when some chance accident brought them back to light some 400 years later, they were deemed by the Senate inappropriate for disclosure to the people and destroyed by their order;[5] what made them inappropriate was certainly of "political" nature but apparently has not been handed down by Valerius Antias, the source that Plutarch was using.Dionysius of Halicarnassus hints that they were actually kept as a very close secret by the Pontifices

http://en.wikipedia....eria_(mythology)

Edited by The Puzzler

Abe ....I know you are not a fan of the word ...Bedrum in the OLB....... how about it was a shortening of the word Boedromia ?

plutarch......parallel lives.........Life of Theseus.......verse 27... re the attack of the Amazons.

.. Theseus sacrificed to fear , in obedience to an oracle , then joined battle with the Amazons , this battle was joined on the day of the month Boedromion , on which , down to the present time , the Athenians celebrate the Boedromia .

havent been able to find out what this was , some festival or sacrificial day ?? but as it is Athenians celebrating it , then presumably Minerva-Nyhellenia could have brought it from Frisia , and it would be a well known Frisian event.......