Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

No aliens

MR.Blueprint

To be fair, sleep paralysis is like a lot of things in psychology - just a rational theory to explain what's going on. It's by no means a factual condition. What about people who report group abductions?

Hey, there was an absence of solid evidence of giant squid for hundreds of years. Just using that example since it's in the topic. What I'm saying is, I think it's best to have an open mind rather than say it doesn't exist until we prove it. Nobody would ever investigate anything, and expect discovery to fall into their laps, if we all did that.

Did you know that that we found evidence for the giant squid before we even knew it existed? The large beaks were found in the bellies of sperm whales. The discovery of the giant squid actually works against things like visitation as it was the physical evidence that was discovered first with the wild tales following after.

Execpt I don't think anyone really knows the odds.

That's exactly right. That's why I get tired of folks pulling the odds of life out of the air when they conveniently result a few dozen to a few hundred planets in the Milky Way with life on them.

We don't know, people! The odds could be good or they could be astronomically poor. There might be life in half the solar systems. There might not be life anywhere else in the Milky Way. From what little we know about life at this point these two possibilities are equally plausible.

• Like 1

This thread belongs on "Rocket News" :whistle:

Just Singing in the Rain !

I wasn't aware those things were alive. Do you know something my science teachers neglected to mention?

They aren't.

"alive" is something we define to say the planets are not alive is really really wrong

the are defiantly alive they are born and they die they have a true life span...

we are simple planets in a way ,very simple we never could live billions of years like planets do

"alive" is something we define to say the planets are not alive is really really wrong

the are defiantly alive they are born and they die they have a true life span...

we are simple planets in a way ,very simple we never could live billions of years like planets do

I think you may be confusing the ideology of existence with life. Something must first exist to be alive however existence does not necessarily equate with life. Planets/moons/stars etc. exist whereas creatures and beings are alive in that they consume, excrete, procreate and interact with the environment around them. There is biological activity taking place with something that is alive. Not so much with a barren rock orbiting a nuclear powered fireball.

• Like 2

You don't know that. You think that. It's hardly my field but I for one don't think these tens of thousands of people are all liars, frauds or mentally unstable.

I'd be willing to bet my bottom dollar that the universe is teaming with life.

Yes I do know that. Have another look, tens of thousands of people have not reported ET, tens of thousands have reported UFO's, of that, maybe, if you re lucky, 10% of those sightings say they saw an "ET being" associated with the light in the sky. UFO's and ET are not the same thing, but pop culture has made a connection there that many seem rather comfortable with. And of course many people who see a light in the sky figure such simply cannot be and ascribe it to ET. That is not proof of ET, that is proof of a credulous zealot. Places like this often draw them in, and they make silly and outrageous claims that a few think are genuine, however, it is my experience that everything associated with this phenomena seems rather exaggerated Some people get mighty upset when one suggest it just might be something else, something earthly.

Do you have any idea how big the Universe is? It could be teeming with life, that does not mean we might ever know about it. You know the Voyager probes we have sent into Interstellar space? The ones from the 70's? They are travelling at about 17km's a second. That's some pretty decent speed for us. It will take 17,500 years to reach one light year out from earth. In about 40,000 years it will pass within 1.6 light years of Gliese 445.

Stories of these little sports models that cross solar systems in days is pure imaginative nonsense. Space is big, and dangerous, it takes quite some effort and much time to approach such an undertaking. But in Sci Fi, it is a snap. People are influenced incorrectly by Sci Fi.

Your bottom dollar cannot be realised, that bet cannot be collected because your paramaters are too open. If the Milky Way is dead, but the Sombrero Galaxy is a social playground, we would never know about it. It is simply too far away to get there, ever at 28 million light years distant. Voyager would get there in ohhhh,,,,,,, about 490 million years or so? Given greater speeds are achievable, the distance is still simply too vast. Time dilations and length contraction assist with space travel, but not to the observers, so a return trip might be pointless. All that wasted energy in getting to a place and back can most likely be garnered with instruments from afar in the meantime. Who is going to prove or deny life in the Sombrero Galaxy?

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 2

I think you may be confusing the ideology of existence with life. Something must first exist to be alive however existence does not necessarily equate with life. Planets/moons/stars etc. exist whereas creatures and beings are alive in that they consume, excrete, procreate and interact with the environment around them. There is biological activity taking place with something that is alive. Not so much with a barren rock orbiting a nuclear powered fireball.

if you think planets and suns are not alive thats your beliefs

So, what you're saying is these tens of thousands of people are liars, right? I mean, what's your explanation for these reports? I'm curious. For the record, I'm pretty neutral on this topic so I'll spare you the responses to your questions you were probably expecting :tu:

Some are yes, silly to deny that all are not. There is motivation. People do not have to work for a living, and can make stuff up, write it in a book, and people will buy it. Fake investigation paid for, which is a free vacation in my book, hell the Aliens at Roswell were invented in 1979, and did not exist before that date in any form, yet people will swear today black an blue they were always part of the story. Will people watch Star Trek in a thousand years and figure we had the ability of warp travel, but lost it along the way? Based on todays mindset, such does not seem impossible at all.

Any story I've ever read/heard about, the person abducted has been paralysed; unable to move at all. That's not impossible technology, doctors can achieve that now. But how could somebody take a picture considering that? How could they scratch the aliens as you ask to get alien flesh/whatever under their finger nails? And even if they did, just how many reports get taken to a hospital or lab to ever have their body tested for such things? I'd estimate 0... it's also not that unthinkable that if you were abducted by aliens that they would sanitise you before putting you back, especially if they've touched you. Hell, they would probably do it as you come on board and as you go off; who knows what risks they know of that their presence can cause on a human being, from a completely different planet, and vice versa.

Then you have only heard a smattering, some even claim to have sexual relations with Aliens, one woman thinks she has a half reptilian son in Reno, another man claims Aliens turn into a version of Pamela Anderson to seduce human men. You missing the more exciting stories I guess. Why can't these people get some evidence? Not even an alien candy bar wrapper has even been dopped, yet some claim huge underground Bases exist with Alien employees, yet these people too, are unable to provide evidence of any sort, and with RADAR, why has no alleged alien craft ever been tracked as leaving Earths atmosphere and into space, or entering earth's atmosphere from space? If tens of thousands had been here every year, surely something, anything to indicate such must exist? Yet Aliens are more like Ghosts, no physical traces. None at all. The only claims such as Ancient Aliens are heavily exaggerated if not entirely made up.

I don't see why people would lie about it and make these things up. It alienates you (mind the pun haha) from every seg of society and I've never heard of people making a fortune out of telling their stories (though no doubt somebody knows an example or two..)

With your claimed tens of thousands, that is a alot of alienated people banding together wouldn't you say?

There's quite a big difference in getting evidence of giant squid compared to getting evidence of alien abduction... and let's not forget that giant squid was a myth and deemed not real by many people for many years :yes: to think eye witness testimony, at least plural, is considered evidence in a court room *shrugs* maybe I'm too much of a nice guy (Sakari will disagree :P) to think every single one of these people are liars, because I'm damn sure they're not all fruitcakes.

No, that is not true at all, it is made up by the woo woo sites. In fact the Giant Squid has records that go back to Aristotle, his Teuthus, is indeed the Giant Squid, as did Pliney. A fellow called Steenstrup wrote a number of papers on the Giant Squid in the 1800's, not to mention that a portion of a giant squid was secured by the French gunboat Alecton in 1861, leading to wider recognition of the genus in the scientific community. Dead specimens have washed up all over the world, but predominantly on the shores of Newfoundland and New Zealand in history. Why this is confused is that the first footage of a live squid was finally captured in 2001, leading the lazier Cryptozoologists and zealots to make up and spread the story that such was unknown before 2001, when this is clearly not the case at all.

Seeming as we have had information on the ginat squid since about 300BC then can I have that Aliens now please.

Not all fruitcakes? Do you admit many are, and would you like an example or two?

If planets are alive, why can't they have conscious matter like earth does?

Thousands have seen ET?

News to me. Thousands of claims of UFO's exist, and many of those have been interpreted as ET, and far too many people fall over themselves hoping these stories are ET, but they are not. They are interpretations, which is not at all the same. Nobody on this planet has ever seen an ET life form. In that sense the OP cannot be proven wrong, whilst it seems unlikely, it is also possible that we are it.

So you can positively assure all of us that the claims abductees and others who have come into contact with ETs are lying or simply have no idea what they are talking about?

Open your minds, why must we be so vain? We went from believing the planet was flat 200 or so years ago and using horse carriages to flying up into the moon in 100 years, have you ever dreamed that could be possible? Have some humility to your existence, we are not technologically advanced and know very very little of our universe. We have just barely peaked out of planet earth. From now and in 200 years, who knows what we may accomplish and learn, the human race is still in its primitive years and to claim with such certainty that there exists no other life outside our solar system is absurb.

Edited by lufia
  • Like 2

Open your minds, why must we be so vain? We went from believing the planet was flat 200 or so years ago and using horse carriages to flying up into the moon in 100 years, have you ever dreamed that could be possible? Have some humility to your existence, we are not technologically advanced and know very very little of our universe. We have just barely peaked out of planet earth. From now and in 200 years, who knows what we may accomplish and learn, the human race is still in its primitive years.

There are those who just refuse to believe no matter what evidence is presented. It's nothing against them they just aren't ready to open their minds.

If planets are alive, why can't they have conscious matter like earth does?

why do they have to ,,,,to be considered alive....

do u think the planet earth is alive

why do they have to ,,,,to be considered alive....

do u think the planet earth is alive

Are you questioning yourself?? LOL

• Like 1

i belive we will never find anything we considered "living"

i believe only life we will find is more suns and planets

suns and planets are whats alive in our solar system

we are jus earthlings, some fancy fungi that grew on this living planet

Since no other planet has any sustainable eco system i believe that common sense is saying they are dead planets... plus sun is a star not a planet...there is a certain process going on in the sun so it is not alive but working... I think planets like earth are alive since they sustain their own athmosphere and life... if we humans werent here on this planet it would still be alive and working for that matter it would work far better without us.

And since there is plenty of earthlike planets out there life is probably very common thing in cosmos... Only thing preventing us to find it is very low evolved technology ( It still is state of the art, but not powerfull enough yet ) and vast distances from solar system to another. We will find life in next 100 years since technology is rapidly evolving each passing day.

• Like 1

Since no other planet has any sustainable eco system i believe that common sense is saying they are dead planets... plus sun is a star not a planet...there is a certain process going on in the sun so it is not alive but working... I think planets like earth are alive since they sustain their own athmosphere and life... if we humans werent here on this planet it would still be alive and working for that matter it would work far better without us.

And since there is plenty of earthlike planets out there life is probably very common thing in cosmos... Only thing preventing us to find it is very low evolved technology ( It still is state of the art, but not powerfull enough yet ) and vast distances from solar system to another. We will find life in next 100 years since technology is rapidly evolving each passing day.

I know a sun is not planet....

but suns are same as planets

the same way we are the same as birds or somn

planets are alive everything in the universe has a cycle

a cycle is life

planets have the best cycles

jupiter is very much alive

if earth is considered "alive" every planet has to be considered alive

So, what did you think of the movie, Avatar?

@ Mr.Blueprint

Lol... Sun might have a similarity to a planet but in bottom line it is still a star and since birds dont have an average IQ of 100 in other words not even close to our brain power they are not like us... We are unique species but we fall under mammal category.

Cycle is a process made out of other things ( crudly said ) that dont need to be alive... they can be either that or dead... Cycle will still complete.

Alive planet is not in sense it has consciousness nor brains, but instead it supports system of life on it... Trees, rivers, athmosphere, and so on... Now when i was thinking about all this alive/dead planets i see this can be very indepth question. I think science should give earth the property of "alive" not being or creature but only " alive " like we say Mars and other planets are dead... no eco systems, no athmosphere, no life...

Edited by Tesla II

@ Mr.Blueprint

Lol... Sun might have a similarity to a planet but in bottom line it is still a star and since birds dont have an average IQ of 100 in other words not even close to our brain power they are not like us... We are unique species but we fall under mammal category.

Cycle is a process made out of other things ( crudly said ) that dont need to be alive... they can be either that or dead... Cycle will still complete.

Alive planet is not in sense it has consciousness nor brains, but instead it supports system of life on it... Trees, rivers, athmosphere, and so on... Now when i was thinking about all this alive/dead planets i see this can be very indepth question. I think science should give earth the property of "alive" not being or creature but only " alive " like we say Mars and other planets are dead... no eco systems, no athmosphere, no life...

We are the same as birds because we both are made by this planet

and suns and planets are the same because they both are made by the universe..

and human, birds, planets and suns are all made by the universe and all are alive and have cycles

and i wouldnt call mars dead if its sand storms on it.....if a planet still have wind than its still alive

do u consider the moon to be alive?

Edited by MR.Blueprint

and human, birds, planets and suns are all made by the universe and all are alive and have cycles

and i wouldnt call mars dead if its sand storms on it.....if a planet still have wind than its still alive

I think it would be best to offer your definition of life because it sounds like you are saying that pretty much everything is alive somehow.

You just shot yourself in the foot with that post. You claim there's no alien life outside of planet earth, then you say that all planets and stars are alive, which would mean that they are, in fact, aliens.

I think it's time you go back to the proverbial drawing board (or abacus, as the case may be) and start all over again.

• Like 3

So, what did you think of the movie, Avatar?

its a movie its displays how planets are alive

We have just barely peaked out of planet earth. From now and in 200 years, who knows what we may accomplish and learn, the human race is still in its primitive years and to claim with such certainty that there exists no other life outside our solar system is absurb.

Likewise with our limited knowledge, to claim with such certainty that life does exist outside of our solar system is absurb, I mean absurd.

We don't know.

its a movie its displays how planets are alive

The Avengers is a movie that displayed how Hulk smash.

• Like 4