Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2.3M Christians Flee in From Syria

Erikl

Yes it sucks when someone forces their religious beliefs on you.

Exactly why I just can't feel bad for the Christians.

the christians will forgive you for saying that too

Having served in Iraq, Afghanistan and others, seeing the "AWESOME PEACE LOVING" religion of Islam first hand, I would rather have the "Christians" asking and as you all call it, shoving their religion down my throat, over the Islamic belief. If one does not convert to Islam, they are to be murdered. Don't sit and tell me "This is only the radicals," as I've seen first hand and know the truth. I've seen the "middle of the road, normal Muslim" go from naught to murder in a heartbeat all from a call to arms by their Imam.

So, as I said, the views of the couch politicians whom watch their Federally Censored news, and are shown complete lies and then scream at the tops of their lungs comfortably from their couches about their opinions on issues of which they know NOTHING. Knowledge is Power. And unfortunately, the majority of western citizens are all blind....

no offense... just curious... has it occurred to you that your USA military uniform and rifle, on their land, had anything to do with a "normal Muslim go from naught to murder n a heartbeat"?

• Like 2

no offense... just curious... has it occurred to you that your USA military uniform and rifle, on their land, had anything to do with a "normal Muslim go from naught to murder n a heartbeat"?

Tell it to the families who lost everything on 9-11-01. No apologies EVER for standing up to murderers. You have a perfect right to view the world any way you choose, AH - AND SO DO AMERICANS :)

Religion incites violence when they clash for power or one succeeds in having complete control, thus leading to "Your inferior" complex for prophets or supporters of offending religion. Without a central control government to stop religious killings against those under another religion, we are left with mass exodus or mass genocide or civil war between the two religions. With me being a Atheist, I have nothing against a peaceful religion, but I have everything against a religion dedicated to wiping out all other religions and non-believers.

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 1

Having served in Iraq, Afghanistan and others, seeing the "AWESOME PEACE LOVING" religion of Islam first hand, I would rather have the "Christians" asking and as you all call it, shoving their religion down my throat, over the Islamic belief. If one does not convert to Islam, they are to be murdered. Don't sit and tell me "This is only the radicals," as I've seen first hand and know the truth. I've seen the "middle of the road, normal Muslim" go from naught to murder in a heartbeat all from a call to arms by their Imam.

So, as I said, the views of the couch politicians whom watch their Federally Censored news, and are shown complete lies and then scream at the tops of their lungs comfortably from their couches about their opinions on issues of which they know NOTHING. Knowledge is Power. And unfortunately, the majority of western citizens are all blind....

Not to play the devil's advocate here, but due to the Iraq war, there are millions of Iraqi orphans and there are millions of Iraqi refugees.

Between 2003-2013, there have been 111,878-122,380 violent Iraqi civilian deaths. That is outrageous. http://www.iraqbodycount.org/

• Like 2

Not to play the devil's advocate here, but due to the Iraq war, there are millions of Iraqi orphans and there are millions of Iraqi refugees.

Between 2003-2013, there have been 111,878-122,380 violent Iraqi civilian deaths. That is outrageous. http://www.iraqbodycount.org/

So from 130000 dead you extrapolate millions of both orphans and refugees? I question the veracity of those numbers but even if they are true, how does that change the plight of Christians in a totally different country? Are we excusing one bad behavior because of another?

2.3M Christians Flee in Mass Exodus From Syria

Read more at http://www.christian...golpUp7L48Ld.99

About 65 years ago, the Middle East has been ethnically cleansed from Jews in the name of Arab nationalism. Now, it is being wiped clean of indigenous Christian people in the name of Islamist nationalism. This is the face of the Islamist winter.

I doubt that 2.3 million Christians are fleeing all at once, but yes, the future for the Christian, Jewish, Druze,and other minorities in Syria, which were safe under the Assad regime, is bleak indeed.

That Obama and other Western politicians are supporting the islamist rebellion against Assad is not only insane, it is criminal.

• Like 1

Flee in from Syria to where? What has the Israeli government said they're going to do about the mass exodus Erikl?

Israel has nothing to do with the islamist rebellion in Syria. And it certainly is not big enough to accommodate 2.3 million refugees. Most of them will eventually end up in Europe, since life for Christians is getting increasingly hazardous for non-muslims everywhere in the rapidly radicalizing Middle East.

• Like 1

Israel has nothing to do with the islamist rebellion in Syria. And it certainly is not big enough to accommodate 2.3 million refugees. Most of them will eventually end up in Europe, since life for Christians is getting increasingly hazardous for non-muslims everywhere in the rapidly radicalizing Middle East.

And there is a certain justice in that I guess. Syria I think, is the newest face of this building conflict. The old hatreds are boiling to the surface and new political stratagems are being woven onto them. There will be no safe subgroups once the rebels hold sway - except maybe Sunnis. What a mess. And never forget the chemical weapons. If the west makes a deal with the devil to protect those things it will be a deal that will not be kept. I don't fancy the idea of a little sarin with my popcorn at the next movie I attend.

Israel will say"We will build more houses and get rid of all non Jewish people"

That is a ridiculous statement. The Christian, Druze, and yes muslim populations (15% and growing) in Israel have the same rights and protections as Jewish citizens.

That is not something you can say about any of the islamist hellholes surrounding Israel. The Gazah strip,under Hamas rule by the way has been 100% ethnically cleansed of all Jews, by the way. Great example for islamist tolerance...

Your one-liner might sound cute, but is totally moronic.

Edited by Zaphod222

And there is a certain justice in that I guess. Syria I think, is the newest face of this building conflict. The old hatreds are boiling to the surface and new political stratagems are being woven onto them. There will be no safe subgroups once the rebels hold sway - except maybe Sunnis. What a mess. And never forget the chemical weapons. If the west makes a deal with the devil to protect those things it will be a deal that will not be kept. I don't fancy the idea of a little sarin with my popcorn at the next movie I attend.

Syria is not the face of any "building conflict". Syria is the face of the sunni islamist takeover sweeping the region. Which our naive politicians like to mislabel as "Arab spring".

The ony connection to Israel here is that once the Muslim Brotherhood/Al Quaeda takeover of Syria is completed, Israels situation will be even more precarious.

Syria is not the face of any "building conflict". Syria is the face of the sunni islamist takeover sweeping the region. Which our naive politicians like to mislabel as "Arab spring".

The ony connection to Israel here is that once the Muslim Brotherhood/Al Quaeda takeover of Syria is completed, Israels situation will be even more precarious.

We can agree to disagree on names - I consider it to be an escalating situation is my point. I agree that the Sunnis seem to be in the ascendancy as far as we can see at this point but it only makes Iran more twitchy to get their bomb I imagine. And when they do... the game REALLY gets interesting, no?

So from 130000 dead you extrapolate millions of both orphans and refugees? I question the veracity of those numbers but even if they are true, how does that change the plight of Christians in a totally different country? Are we excusing one bad behavior because of another?

I was pointing out some irony to the poster I responded to and this wasn't any personal extrapolation. And just google "Iraq war refugees" and "Iraq war orphans". It is all over the net.

• Like 3

That is a ridiculous statement. The Christian, Druze, and yes muslim populations (15% and growing) in Israel have the same rights and protections as Jewish citizens.

That is not something you can say about any of the islamist hellholes surrounding Israel. The Gazah strip,under Hamas rule by the way has been 100% ethnically cleansed of all Jews, by the way. Great example for islamist tolerance...

Your one-liner might sound cute, but is totally moronic.

Ah shaddup!

Because those were illegal Jewish settlements in the Gaza Strip as are the Jewish Settlements in the West Bank and Jerusalem.

These settlers live on the high grounds and hills are notorious for diverting their sewage to spill into the fields and towns of the Palestinians making a living in the valleys below.

Young American Jews & Israel What Jews under 35 feel towards Israel goes beyond apathy to outright resentment.

• Like 2

Ah shaddup!

Because those were illegal Jewish settlements in the Gaza Strip as are the Jewish Settlements in the West Bank and Jerusalem.

These settlers live on the high grounds and hills are notorious for diverting their sewage to spill into the fields and towns of the Palestinians making a living in the valleys below.

[media=]

[/media]

Young American Jews & Israel What Jews under 35 feel towards Israel goes beyond apathy to outright resentment.

Sounds like a perfectly good reason to blow up buses or target kindergartens to me. American Jews seem to feel superior to those in Israel. Not sure why they do, kind of funny. But Israel possess the land - and they always will. No matter how much they are hated by the world.

It sickens me that people would try to politicize this issue. Religious persecutions are just bad. I have no love for the Abrahamic monotheisms and I don't care to draw distinctions between their dogmas.

What I do have love for is the right for people to worship and believe what they want and not risk death or exile.

• Like 4

Sounds like a perfectly good reason to blow up buses or target kindergartens to me. American Jews seem to feel superior to those in Israel. Not sure why they do, kind of funny. But Israel possess the land - and they always will. No matter how much they are hated by the world.

There is a reason they are disliked, that video just proves another big reason. But saying they are hated by tthe world is just nonsense. The US doesn't hate Israel, otherwise thye wouldn't support them.

Do you agree with what they where doing then? Do yout hink that it is ok?!

Yes it sucks when someone forces their religious beliefs on you.

Exactly why I just can't feel bad for the Christians.

For various reasons I did not want to participate in this thread, despite your post! However, last Friday 5 people were shot dead, 2 churches as well as one home were burnt, and there is talk about forced evacuation of a Christian community in Khusus, Egypt. As I’m writing now the main cathedral in Cairo is being attacked and so far, one person was fatally shot. Riot police are firing tear gas at mourners in the cathedral!

Generally, one differentiates between the ‘annoying’, the ‘morally wrong’, the ‘unjust’, and the downright criminal. People forcing their beliefs on you is annoying, but you can always tell the enterprising preachers off, hang up on them, or even slam your door in their face! However, snipers shooting innocent people in the head, attacks on churches, homes, and kindergartens fall under the ‘criminal’ category. These victims and the ME Christians in general, have had no hand in ‘annoying’ you, their lives and suffering should warrant a little more than a shrug motivated by some pesky preachers on another continent.

http://news.yahoo.com/christian-mourners-mob-police-clash-egypt-154013162.html

http://www.egyptindependent.com/news/update-one-reported-dead-abbasseya-cathedral

• Like 4

For various reasons I did not want to participate in this thread, despite your post! However, last Friday 5 people were shot dead, 2 churches as well as one home were burnt, and there is talk about forced evacuation of a Christian community in Khusus, Egypt. As I’m writing now the main cathedral in Cairo is being attacked and so far, one person was fatally shot. Riot police are firing tear gas at mourners in the cathedral!

Generally, one differentiates between the ‘annoying’, the ‘morally wrong’, the ‘unjust’, and the downright criminal. People forcing their beliefs on you is annoying, but you can always tell the enterprising preachers off, hang up on them, or even slam your door in their face! However, snipers shooting innocent people in the head, attacks on churches, homes, and kindergartens fall under the ‘criminal’ category. These victims and the ME Christians in general, have had no hand in ‘annoying’ you, their lives and suffering should warrant a little more than a shrug motivated by some pesky preachers on another continent.

http://www.egyptindependent.com/news/update-one-reported-dead-abbasseya-cathedral

This was the point I felt needed to be made but realized it probably would not convince most who felt angry at Christianity in general. There is INDEED a major difference in the annoyance most in the west face at proselytizing and the real peril of the treatment of Christians in the M.E. It is a reflection of the demographic of population in which the Christians are living I think. If Christians were set on living in certain neighborhoods in the Detroit area they might face similar persecution. Just an example....
  • Like 1

See all that horrible stuff in Africa, with crazy terrorist groups taking kids, raping woman and brutal disfigurement of private parts etc. Well that is the name of Christianity.

When people take any religion and abuse it it's worng, nothing to do with the actual religions.

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 2

See all that horrible stuff in Africa, with crazy terrorist groups taking kids, raping woman and brutal disfigurement of private parts etc. Well that is the name of Christianity.

When people take any religion and abuse it it's worng, nothing to do with the actual religions.

Coffey, I'm a Copt not an African terrorist. Am I supposed to watch my people being killed, our churches burned, read that 83000 Copts fled Egypt to Georgia during the last few months only then say "Oh well, there are terrorists professing Christianity in Africa who killed and maimed, so it's OK for my friends & family to be targeted and killed in Egypt"? What has one got to do with the other? I also want you to know that many Egyptian Muslims are horrified by the actions of MB and other extremists. It is not the religion, it's those who jumped to power and gave a carte blanche to terrorists. There are photos of Cathedral attackers sitting on the police armored vehicles...the same people who were shooting at mourners inside the Cathedral. I would rather be more justified in blaming the Obama administration for supporting and abetting a killer regime!

• Like 2

Wow, one stop shopping for the anti Israel crowd :) Anyway, there are plenty of threads for Israel bashing and derailing this one isn't something I'll be involved with. Toodles.....

The Zionists aren't guiltless!

Here are statistics of fatalities on both sides from 2000-2012:

Israeli children: 129

Palestinian children: 1,519

Israeli civilians: 731

Palestinian civilians: 3,535-4,226

Israelis killed in the course of targeted killings: 1

Palestinians killed in the course of targeted killings: 408 or more

Israelis who were the object of targeted killings: 1

Palestinians who were the object of targeted killings: 238

Israelis killed on own land: 590

Palestinians killed on own land: 6,566

Israelis killed on Palestinian land: 507

Palestinians killed on Israeli land: 72

http://www.ifamericansknew.org/stats/deaths.html

And if you don't believe in Zionist and state of Israel terrorism guess again (here is a PARTIAL list):

A Brief History of Israeli Terror Killings Since 1946

Gaza is full-scale war but just the latest bloodstained episode in Israel’s six-decade reign of terror against Palestinians. This section reviews others since 1946, two years before the establishment of a Jewish state. The list is long, way-incomplete, very disturbing, and shows what Palestinians have endured for over 60 years. Their ordeal continues in the West Bank and Gaza under siege, still attacked, and, as always, betrayed by the dominant media.

The King David Hotel July 22, 1946 Bombing

The Menachem Begin-led Irgun planned and conducted the massacre of 92 Brits, Arabs and Jews, wounding 58 others. As head of the Jewish Agency, David Ben-Gurion approved the operation. It was to destroy British-gathered evidence that its leaders colluded with the Haganah, Palmach, Irgun and Stern gangs in a wave of terrorist crimes and killings. Bombing the King David Hotel was the most notorious and followed a pattern before and since of brutal Israeli state terrorism.

The British Secretariat of the Palestine Government and British Army HQ kept offices in the hotel. Attackers disguised as milkmen, planted explosives in milk containers, placed them in the basement and left. At the time, the action shocked the civilized world and outraged the British leadership and House of Commons.

Other Israeli Terrorist Incidents against Palestinians

– Tira, December 11, 1947 – five Palestinians were killed and six injured;

– a village outside Haifa, December 12, 1947 – 12 Palestinians killed;

– a village outside Tel Aviv, December 14, 1947 – 18 Palestinians killed and 100 injured;

– al-Khias, December 18, 1947 – the paramilitary Haganah killed 10 Palestinians, most inside their homes;

– Haifa, December 30, 1947 – six Palestinians killed and 42 wounded;

– Jerusalem, December 30, 1947 – Irgun terrorists threw a bomb from a speeding car killing 11 Palestinians and two Brits;

– Balad Esh-Sheikh, December 31, 1947 – the Haganah killed 60 Palestinians, most inside their homes;

– Jaffa, January 4, 1948 – the Stern Gang killed up to 30 and wounded 100 in a truck bombing;

– the Semiramis Hotel, Jerusalem, January 4, 1948 – the Haganah bombed the hotel killing 25 civilians;

– Jaffa Gate, Jerusalem, January 7, 1948 – 17 Palestinians killed;

– Tireh, February 10, 1948 – seven Palestinians killed and five injured;

– on a bus from Safad, February 12, 1948 – five Palestinians killed and five injured;

– Sa’sa’, February 14, 1948 – 60 Palestinians killed, mostly in their homes;

– Qisarya, February 15 – 20, 1948 – 25 Palestinians killed;

– Haifa, February 20, 1948 – six Palestinians killed and 36 wounded;

– Haifa, March 3, 1948 – the Stern Gang blew up the Salameh Building killing 11 Palestinians and wounding 27;

– al-Husayniyya, March 12 and 16 – 17 – the Palmach twice raided the village killing 15 and wounding 20 in the first attack; killing 30 in the second one;

– Jews blew up a train near Benjamina on March 31, 1948 killing 25 Palestinians and wounding 61;

– al-Sarafand, April 5, 1948 – 16 Palestinians were killed and 12 wounded, most when a house was mortared;

– Dier Yassin, April 9, 1948 – the Menachem Begin-led Irgun slaughtered well over 120 Palestinian men, women and children in a bloody rampage; The New York Times reported 254 killed on April 13; 53 orphaned children were dumped like trash along the wall of the Old City; homes were dynamited with inhabitants inside; people were shot at close range, including children; the massacre marked the beginning of what followed during Israel’s “War of Independence:” depopulating 531 towns and villages; 11 urban neighborhoods; massacring or displacing 800,000 Palestinians; and committing countless rapes and other atrocities;” remember Dier Yassin; it, too, is immortalized;

– Tel Litvinsky, April 19, 1948 – Jews killed 90 Palestinians;

– Tiberias, April 19, 1948 – Jews blew up a home killing Palestinians inside;

– Ayn al-Zaytun and nearby villages, May 1 – 4, 1948 – 27 Palestinians killed;

– Acre, May 18, 1948 – Israeli troops killed over 100 Palestinians;

– al-Kabri, May 20, 1948 – Israeli forces killed villagers and machine-gunned children who survived;

– al-Tantura, May 22 – 23, 1948 – Israeli troops killed over 200 villagers, mostly unarmed young men shot in cold blood;

– on May 26, 1948, David Ben-Gurion formed the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) from the Haganah;

– Lydda, July 11 – 12, 1948 – the IDF killed several hundred civilians, including 80 machine-gunned inside the Dahmash mosque;

– Elot, late July, 1948 – the IDF arrested 46 young men; on August 3, several were found dead, and 14 of those arrested were shot in cold blood in an olive grove – in full view of the villagers;

– Suqrir, August 29, 1948 – the IDF killed 10 villagers;

– Hula, Lebanon, October 24 – 29, 1948 – the IDF machine-gunned 50 villagers;

– al-Dawayima, October 29, 1948 – the IDF killed up to 200 villagers;

– Majd al-Kurum, October 30, 1948 – the IDF slaughtered 20 or more villagers in cold blood;

– Saliha, October 30, 1948 – IDF forces blew up a house killing 94 Palestinians;

– Sa’sa’, October 30, 1948 – hundreds of Palestinians were slaughtered in cold blood; the entire village was expelled;

– Nahf, October 31, 1948 – a brutal massacre was carried out of unknown numbers;

– Khirbat al-Wa’ra al-Sawda, November 2, 1948 – the IDF killed 14 villagers;

– Beit Jala, January 6, 1952 – seven Palestinians were slaughtered in cold blood;

– Jerusalem, April 22, 1953 – the IDF killed 10 Palestinians;

– Bureji Refugee Camp, August 28, 1953 – the IDF killed 20 Palestinians and wounded 62 others;

– Qibya, Jordan, October 14, 1953 – Ariel Sharon’s infamous Unit 101 killed 70 villagers;

– Nahalin, Jordan, March 28, 1954 – the IDF killed nine Arabs and wounded 19;

– Gaza City, April 5, 1956 – IDF shelling killed 56 and wounded 193;

– Kafr Kassem, October 29, 1956 – the IDF killed about 50 men, women and children;

– the Suez War, October 29 – November 7, 1956 – the IDF executed about 273 Egyptian soldiers and civilians in cold blood;

– Khan Yunis, November 3, 1956 – the IDF killed dozens of civilians in cold blood;

– Rafah Refugee Camp, November 12, 1956 – the IDF slaughtered over 100 Palestinians;

– Nuqeibi, Syria, March 16 – 17, 1962 – IDF artillery and aircraft killed at least 30 unarmed villagers;

– Samu, Jordan, November 13, 1966 – the IDF destroyed 125 houses, a school, clinic and 15 houses in a nearby village killing 18 and wounded 54 in cold blood;

– the Six-Day War, June 5 – 11, 1967 – IDF forces preemptively and without cause attacked Egypt, Syria and Jordan; they massacred as many as 2000 helpless or captured Egyptian soldiers; killed about 340 Syrian villagers in the Golan Heights and displaced more than 300,000 Palestinians who fled to the Jordan River’s east bank along with others to Lebanon, Egypt and Syria;

– the USS Liberty incident, June 8, 1967 – Israeli forces attacked and killed 34 Americans and wounded 171 in international waters; a Department of Defense inquiry whitewashed it as a case of “mistaken identity” despite clear knowledge it was a willful attack on a US naval intelligence vessel;

– Rafah Refugee Camp, June 1967 – the IDF killed 23 Palestinians and buried them in a mass grave;

– following the Six Day War, June 1967, 56 Palestinians were shot in cold blood trying to cross the Jordan River to the West Bank;

– February 21, 1973, the IDF shot down Libya Airlines Flight 114 killing 106 passengers, including one American;

– Hebron, February 25, 1994 – Baruch Goldstein massacred 29 praying Palestinians;

– the First (1987 – 1992) and Second (2000 – 2005) Intifadas – thousands of Palestinians were killed and injured during IDF rampages against them;

– the 1982 Lebanon invasion and occupation; 18,000 Lebanese and Palestinians were killed, including 3000 massacred in the Sabra and Shatila refugee camps;

– Jenin, 2002 – the most infamous of numerous massacres during the Second Intifada; the IDF invaded the city and refugee camp; cut them off from outside help; destroyed hundreds of buildings; buried many alive in them under rubble; cut off power and water as well as food and other essential to life supplies; refused to allow in help, including medical aid; and killed and wounded dozens of Palestinian civilians; some accounts cite hundreds as Israeli forces swept up bodies and buried them to avoid an accurate count;

– the summer 2006 33-day (Second) Lebanon War – the IDF inflicted mass terror attacks and destruction throughout the country; around 1300 were killed; many more were wounded; one million (or one-fourth of the population) were displaced; and most vital infrastructure was destroyed to bring the country to a halt;

– the June 2006 Operation Summer Rain against Gaza; all border crossings were closed isolating the Territory and preventing essential to life supplies from getting in; air strikes and shellings were used; three main bridges were destroyed; the main water pipe for the Nusairat and al-Boreji refugee camps as well as the Strip’s only power plant supplying 80% of the Territory’s electricity; the IDF moved into Gaza and took control;

– the assault followed a series of bloody Israeli attacks: a weekend beach shelling killing eight Palestinians, including seven members of one family; 32 others were injured, including 13 children; a highway missile attack killing 11 and injuring 30; another missile attack killing three children and wounding 15;

– during the same period, the IDF conducted around 50 incursions into Palestinian West Bank communities; farmland was razed; homes were raided; dozens taken into custody, including children; on June 29, nearly the entire Hamas leadership was arrested, including eight cabinet ministers, 25 PLC members from the Change and Reform Party, and other Hamas officials.

Palestinians have endured all of the above and far more for over 60 years, 41 under occupation:

– many thousands of Palestinians were killed, injured, imprisoned, and tortured; since 1967, over 700,000 have been incarcerated; the great majority are tortured; many are held uncharged in administrative detention; anywhere from 10 – 12,000 Palestinians or more remain in prison at all times;

– rampaging military incursions occur repeatedly throughout Occupied Palestine; in November 2007 alone, 786 West Bank raids were conducted; several Palestinians were killed; dozens wounded; and around 400 arrested; in addition, public and private properties were damaged; crops destroyed; land seized; curfews imposed; and free movement was and remains severely restricted;

– in addition, settlement expansions seize West Bank land; the Separation Wall is taking another 10%; Palestinians have few rights, and since Hamas won a January 2006 PLC majority none at all in Gaza; desperation now plagues them with the Territory under siege, and approaches disaster since Israel launched late December terror bombings and ground and offshore attacks.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/today-in-solidarity-we-re-all-palestinians-history-of-israeli-terror-killings/11893

• Like 2

This was the point I felt needed to be made but realized it probably would not convince most who felt angry at Christianity in general. There is INDEED a major difference in the annoyance most in the west face at proselytizing and the real peril of the treatment of Christians in the M.E. It is a reflection of the demographic of population in which the Christians are living I think. If Christians were set on living in certain neighborhoods in the Detroit area they might face similar persecution. Just an example....

I see your point, but I doubt that Christians would be shot at by people who are freely mingling with the police and using their vehicles, or that their houses would be burned and their churches demolished in Detroit. I also doubt that they would be forcefully evicted by the authorities, or that the latter would avoid implementing the law in favor of meetings of 'elders' instead. Is the annoyance felt at proselytizers worth one human life? People can dislike or even hate Christians as much as they want, but this does not rationalize the persecution of innocent groups in a different country.

• Like 1