Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

thinking about buying a ouiji board

NocturnalWatcher

I'm saying unless you send out the right invitation (your belief, will, whatever you want to call it) then your message is never going to get to the right address - or even out of the post box.

+1

And you can't read a mail with eyes closed. You can't chat in facebook with eyes closed. Well, you can type but it's not likely that you can read the response message.

I bought a ouija board and used it (by myself). And....nothing happened. As with everything else in the world, results will vary, I'm sure. My advice, if you are leaning towards buying a ouija board would be to either get one that is aesthetically pleasing (I bought a custom made one with some nice imagery on it), or get one with some historical or collectible aspect to it. That way, if your experiences with the board aren't everything you expected, you'll either have a nice conversation piece, something cool looking or a collectible that may appreciate in value for you.

I have always wanted to try the board, maybe own one. My boyfriend on the other hand wants absolutly nothing to do with it. I am weary and a little scared, but very excited at the thought of using a ouiji board. I am in the same boat.

If you are a sucker then you will buy one. Go roam the graveyard at night. You probably have a better chance at communicating with someone... Or something...

If you are a sucker then you will buy one. Go roam the graveyard at night. You probably have a better chance at communicating with someone... Or something...

[media=]http://youtu.be/JA5uYhXpa-E

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons
Edit to fix youtube links
  • Like 1

Penn and Teller are no more qualified than anyone else on this board to talk about the paranormal. They may be able to analyze fraud based on their experience as stage magicians but that is not enough. It takes no expertise to know that fraud exists. Because fraud exists in some cases does not in any way discredit all testimony, and no one has ever been able to demonstrate that "muscle memory", "ideomotor effect" or any of the other para-scientific "theories" can explain the extended coherent conversations that occur in some divination experiences.

Penn and Teller are no more qualified than anyone else on this board to talk about the paranormal. They may be able to analyze fraud based on their experience as stage magicians but that is not enough. It takes no expertise to know that fraud exists. Because fraud exists in some cases does not in any way discredit all testimony, and no one has ever been able to demonstrate that "muscle memory", "ideomotor effect" or any of the other para-scientific "theories" can explain the extended coherent conversations that occur in some divination experiences.

Really?

How many people have you seen talk with their hands?

Tap pencils on desks during tests?

Bounce there foot to music no one else hears?

Tap there fingers on a desk?

Tounge partially out of mouth while concentrating on something?

I could go on and on.....

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 1

Really?

How many people have you seen talk with their hands?

Tap pencils on desks during tests?

Bounce there foot to music no one else hears?

Tap there fingers on a desk?

Tounge partially out of mouth while concentrating on something?

I could go on and on.....

These are not acts of intelligent communication. They are repetitive and communicate nothing of significance.

• Like 1

These are not acts of intelligent communication. They are repetitive and communicate nothing of significance.

+1

Just because some products are fake in some markets, doesn't mean all products are also fake in other markets

You are playing with fire.

this , i hate ouija's ever since i saw paranorma activity i hate the dammn things ( and yes i screamed at the last scene in that movie!)

• Like 2

[media=]

[/media]

Excellent. Definitely puts the ouija board rubbish in perspective. As I have said all along, it's a game for children. If you don't mind me asking, what program is this clip from? It looks like something I would enjoy.

Edited by voiceofreason

Excellent. Definitely puts the ouija board rubbish in perspective. As I have said all along, it's a game for children. If you don't mind me asking, what program is this clip from? It looks like something I would enjoy.

SNL ( Saturday Night Live )

i bought one and it convinced me to buy Monopoly, Battleship and Twister, so I had to burn it to stop the insanity before I ended up with Risk.

• Like 2

I think everyone should buy one. They provide the most fun you can have with the dead without it being an illegal act. :tu:

• Like 1

I think everyone should buy one. They provide the most fun you can have with the dead without it being an illegal act. :tu:

Twister with the dead should be illegal. Trust me.

• Like 2

Damn your hot emmm ;)

• Like 1

Twister should never be illegal, ever. Let the people learn a chunck of card board is a waste of money marked up 10000 percent and its a waste of time.