Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anit-Government Parents Have Children Taken

Kowalski

Here is the Daily Mail article:

Officials believe 'anti-government parents who kidnapped their toddler sons' switched to a SAILBOAT and are heading to Gulf of Mexico after their truck was found near Florida marina

• Joshua Hakken recently bought 25-foot 1972 Morgan sailboat with a blue hull and the word 'Salty' on it
  • 2006 GMC pickup truck was found in Madeira Beach
  • The vessel bears Florida Boat Registration #FL3717BK
  • Court documents show Mr Hakken, 35, planned to kill himself and talked about taking 'a journey to Armageddon'
  • Hakken entered his mother-in-law's house at 6.30am on Tuesday in Tampa, Florida and restrained her with zip ties
  • Hakken and his wife, Sharyn, are both engineers and the husband served in the Air Force
  • He was arrested last June on drug charges after attending an anti-government rally
  • Sons' maternal grandmother has been granted permanent custody of the boys

Deputies on the hunt for a Florida couple accused of kidnapping their two young sons now believe that the family may be on board a sailboat after their pickup truck was discovered abandoned in Madeira Beach.

The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office said Friday that 35-year-old Joshua Michael Hakken recently bought a 25-foot 1972 Morgan sailboat with a blue hull with the word 'Salty' painted on it and white paw prints on both sides. The boat's whereabouts are unknown.

The vessel bears Florida Boat Registration #FL3717BK, HUL #M252099. There may be a yellow horseshoe life preserver on deck.

For more read: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2304553/Hakken-brothers-missing-Truck-belonging-anti-government-parents-kidnapped-toddler-sons-abandoned-Florida-garage.html

The sheriff's office told CNN that the Hakkens' troubles started last June when the husband was arrested on multiple drug charges while attending an anti-government rally in Louisiana.

Detective Daniel Seuzeneau, with the Slidell Police Department, told WGNO that Joshua Hakken had first appeared on their radar in June 17, 2012, after causing disturbance inside a hotel that was the site of an anti-government rally.

Police described Mr and Mrs Hakken as being intoxicated and making incoherent statements completing their ultimate journey' and riving to California to 'beat the Armageddon.'

Joshua Hakken talked about a series of fantasy books that had changed his life, called The Sword of Truth. He said he was heading to the 'Valley of Rahaan.' The Hakkens' two small children were present.

In the hotel room police found marijuana, a gun and a large knife. Mr Hakken was arrested on multiple drug charges and jailed for about a week.

Meanwhile, police fearing or the safety of Chase and Cole contacted the Department of Children and Family Services, which took the Hakkens' children into custody.

Sheriff's Cpl. Kevin Bodie told Tampa Bay Times that Hakken is a mechanical engineer who owns a business in South Tampa. His wife has been certified as a civil engineer.

According to her Facebook page, Sharyn Hakken got her Bachelor's degree from University of South Florida in geotechnical engineering in 2001 before obtaining a Master's degree in civil engineering from USF in 2008.

I really don't understand this at all. The government HAS ABSOLUTELY NO FRIGGIN' RIGHT TO TAKE ANYONES KIDS AWAY!! They weren't being hit or abused!

• Like 3

As George Washington observed all those years ago, government is like fire--a useful servant but a fearful master.

• Like 5

Oh, dadgum...I meant to put "Anti-Government" not "Anit=Government"....my oops. This article and video just made me kinda mad.

• Like 1

And the Daily Mail is such a trusted source of information. :rolleyes:

• Like 3

And the Daily Mail is such a trusted source of information. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I know...

• Like 1

Drug runners? but why have they attempted to kidnap there kids?

The kids were in the custody of the grandparents and the father came with a gun, tied her up with the zip ties and took the kids. I can understand the wanting to take your kids back aspect, though.

I can sympathize with people who lose their kids on false grounds, but I've also met anti-government activists who's claims bordered on schizophrenia. (My soveriegn state co-worker believes the NWO/illuminati is globalizing the world and is controlled by reptillian shapeshifters who want to eventually use us as livestock. He also said we were clones of slaves originally seeded here to mine gold.) Say something like that to a state psychologist and mix that with guns and drugs and the above article is entirely plausible to me.

• Like 2

At the end of the day you should not do drugs when you have kids to look after

• Like 5

The kids were in the custody of the grandparents and the father came with a gun, tied her up with the zip ties and took the kids. I can understand the wanting to take your kids back aspect, though.

I can sympathize with people who lose their kids on false grounds, but I've also met anti-government activists who's claims bordered on schizophrenia. (My soveriegn state co-worker believes the NWO/illuminati is globalizing the world and is controlled by reptillian shapeshifters who want to eventually use us as livestock. He also said we were clones of slaves originally seeded here to mine gold.) Say something like that to a state psychologist and mix that with guns and drugs and the above article is entirely plausible to me.

At the end of the day you should not do drugs when you have kids to look after

Since when is pot a drug?? Explain please. The pharmaceuticals that are NOT against the law, are handed out like candy by doctors, and they are ten times more dangerous and addictive than pot will ever be. Just because people have a different view or opinions then the mainstream view, doesn't mean they are dangerous to their children. Jesus, you get you kids taken away for having a different opinion?? I guess if have any anti-government views you ought to keep it to yourself, otherwise you might have your children taken away....

• Like 3

Pot has always been a drug and an illegal one at that for at least 100 years. And of course you should keep your views to yourself when dealing with the people you are biased against. If you are a KKK member, you wouldn't go to a Black Panther Rally and voice your opinions or vice versa would you? Or would you go to Saudi Arabia and go to the Mutawa (religious police) and tell them that Islam sucks? Personally, I don't think they got their children taken away because of their views. I think they got their children taken away because they were stupid about the way they handled their views. Take my co-worker for example. He holds similiar if not more extreme views as this family, but the government never took his children, his guns, or arrested him. Why? Because he was smart enough not to shout his views at them while drunk, in possession of drugs, and firearms.

• Like 1

Since when is pot a drug?? Explain please. The pharmaceuticals that are NOT against the law, are handed out like candy by doctors, and they are ten times more dangerous and addictive than pot will ever be. Just because people have a different view or opinions then the mainstream view, doesn't mean they are dangerous to their children. Jesus, you get you kids taken away for having a different opinion?? I guess if have any anti-government views you ought to keep it to yourself, otherwise you might have your children taken away....

Does not matter whether its a good drug or bad, cheap or expensive, safe or dangerous. Yes blame goes to the person who sells it, but the bottom line is you do not abuse or keep having banned substances of any kind of children or even not banned ones. The same as alcohol, its a drug you get addicts. I have seen the photos of the parents and they do look like drug abusers you can tell by the face. The same in the UK, there is no point of having kids if you re doing drugs, its bad for them and bad for everyone else. Why are they fleeing? because they are cowards and in my view they are not parents.

Pot has always been a drug and an illegal one at that for at least 100 years. And of course you should keep your views to yourself when dealing with the people you are biased against. If you are a KKK member, you wouldn't go to a Black Panther Rally and voice your opinions or vice versa would you? Or would you go to Saudi Arabia and go to the Mutawa (religious police) and tell them that Islam sucks? Personally, I don't think they got their children taken away because of their views. I think they got their children taken away because they were stupid about the way they handled their views. Take my co-worker for example. He holds similiar if not more extreme views as this family, but the government never took his children, his guns, or arrested him. Why? Because he was smart enough not to shout his views at them while drunk, in possession of drugs, and firearms.

You should not be afriad to speak your mind for fear of disproportionate response from authorities. That is a block on freedom of expression/freedom of speach. It's people like you that make taking my rights much easier.

Free from search and siezure? TSA.

Right to a fair trial? Patriot Act

• Like 6

You should not be afriad to speak your mind for fear of disproportionate response from authorities. That is a block on freedom of expression/freedom of speach. It's people like you that make taking my rights much easier.

Free from search and siezure? TSA.

Right to a fair trial? Patriot Act

Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequence. I never said they didn't have the right to their feelings, but to express it in a way that leaves themselves open to retaliation is stupid. You have to remember that when dealing with authorities, you are still dealing with humans with all their flaws.

• Like 1

Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequence. I never said they didn't have the right to their feelings, but to express it in a way that leaves themselves open to retaliation is stupid. You have to remember that when dealing with authorities, you are still dealing with humans with all their flaws.

I can see what you are saying, and yes, sometimes the best thing you can do is keep your mouth shut. But, these people didn't deserve to have their children taken from them. And, yes, people can have their children taken from them for all different kinds of BS reasons. It happens every day. Many families spend hundreds of thousands of dollars in court costs to get their kids back, and it is a long legal battle. I really hate these types of stories. No one should have the power to take someones children from them.

• Like 4

Just to point out: pot is an illegal drug, regardless of anyone's thoughts on how good or bad it is. If people were allowed to break any law they disagree with, then we would be living in chaos, not society.

So after reading that article and the chain of events... those kids probably would have been safer with the grandparents. Their parents do sound unstable at best. I hope they're all found safe and that it can all be sorted out.

I really don't understand this at all. The government HAS ABSOLUTELY NO FRIGGIN' RIGHT TO TAKE ANYONES KIDS AWAY!! They weren't being hit or abused!

unfortunately in most states they really do. By law. The "family" laws, passed in previous decades make the "safety of the children" paramount. That means just about anything anyone can conjure up. All they have to do is present a judge with the idea that there is a "likelyhood" of something. In civil court, it is NOT beyond a reasonable doubt but on a preponderance of so called evidence. And paramount means that it supercedes all other laws. The government have the largest pockets of all - nearly always wins.

So after reading that article and the chain of events... those kids probably would have been safer with the grandparents. Their parents do sound unstable at best. I hope they're all found safe and that it can all be sorted out.

It's be nice if it actually worked that way.

• Like 2

. But, these people didn't deserve to have their children taken from them.

in the eyes of the law, what they "deserve" has no relationship to what happens.

• Like 2

There are several States in the uSA where pot is legal or legal for medicinal use. It certainly does not qualify as a reason to take a child away. CPS across the country are a horrid government agency that leaves kids with pedophiles and will take your child for silly reasons and give them to unqualified unchecked "foster" parents. Go listen some interviews from children that were taken from loving homes and put into foster care and what happened to them. Get real. CPS has no clue how to HELP children that actually need it.

It is there track record that speaks volumes.

• Like 3

Just to point out: pot is an illegal drug, regardless of anyone's thoughts on how good or bad it is. If people were allowed to break any law they disagree with, then we would be living in chaos, not society.

Maybe so, but let the punnishment fit the crime. Neither of the parents had a criminal record. One I believe is a scientist, the other retired from the air force. They had no reason what so ever to take thier children. Then after losing thier kids for a freaking YEAR, the courts decided they would have all rights removed. None of this had anything to do with pot. They were being made a example of for gathering and speaking out against tyrants. Cause thats exactly what Tyrants do. I pray they never find these people. I hope they make it out of the nazi states of america and find a place where they can be free to raise thier children.

• Like 2

Why? Cause after they went through the system and played by the rules they still took it in the ass, and decided to take matters into thier own hands? The media wants you to believe they are crazy, but havent even come close to proving that in any way. This kinda thing is gonna happen and is happening to everyone who actualy cares about what this government is doing to this country. You destroy the lives of people for having one joint, while your (the government) caught constantly shipping the drugs in from other countries? Where is the law that says going to a raily, or having a joint, and you lose your kids.

In fact these kids are seriously lucky they had family willing to take them in. Cause if they had been put in the system, the likleyhood they would be seriously abused and put on dangerous medications are near 100%. Who is there to protect these kids from CPS scum? Who operate under no laws, and just do what ever they want to who ever they want. They are more dangerous to children all over he country then the parents who do abuse thier kids.

Bet your ass if this was me and my children, rrrrrrr nevermind.

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 2

From the Daily Mail article.

Police described Mr and Mrs Hakken as being intoxicated and making incoherent statements completing their ultimate journey' and driving to California to 'beat the Armageddon.'

Joshua Hakken talked about a series of fantasy books that had changed his life, called The Sword of Truth. He said he was heading to the 'Valley of Rahaan.' The Hakkens' two small children were present.

In the hotel room police found marijuana, a gun and a large knife. Mr Hakken was arrested on multiple drug charges and jailed for about a week.

Meanwhile, police fearing or the safety of Chase and Cole contacted the Department of Children and Family Services, which took the Hakkens' children into custody.

If the person is high or drunk and talking about suicide/Armageddon with small children present do you think that by extension they are going to kill the children too, or just leave them behind to face all hell on earth?

In the past when statements like these are made you get a Heaven's Gate or Jones Towns type situation. To be a police officer and not act on the possibility of the danger toward the children would be a different article which reads, "Police had opportunity to stop toddler slaying and failed!"

Meanwhile, court documents released Friday state that Mr Hakken has previously planned to commit suicide and discussed taking 'a journey to Armageddon,' Tampa Bay Timesreported.

According to Louisiana police, Patricia Hauser noticed that her son-in-law had a gun when he came to her house to kidnap the children, and before he left she heard him say: 'Phase one completed. Ready for phase two.'

The sheriff's office issued a warrant for the arrest of Joshua Hakken, who faces two counts of kidnapping, two counts child neglect, two counts false imprisonment, one count burglary with a battery and one count grand theft auto, TBO.com reported.

Arrested for drug possession, suicidal threats and erratic behavior is what got the children taken away not his anti-government beliefs.

He (primarily, but the wife too) put the children at risk, their safety comes first. Being physically abused isn't the only type of abuse that can affect a child. Erratic unstable parent/s can affect a child's development just as much a physical violence.

Mabon.

Edited to fix font size in quote.

Edited by Mabon
  • Like 1

Govmnt needs to back the **** off. Thats the point !! Period. End of story.

• Like 1

If the person is high or drunk and talking about suicide/Armageddon with small children present do you think that by extension they are going to kill the children too, or just leave them behind to face all hell on earth?

In the past when statements like these are made you get a Heaven's Gate or Jones Towns type situation. To be a police officer and not act on the possibility of the danger toward the children would be a different article which reads, "Police had opportunity to stop toddler slaying and failed!"

Arrested for drug possession, suicidal threats and erratic behavior is what got the children taken away not his anti-government beliefs.

He (primarily, but the wife too) put the children at risk, their safety comes first. Being physically abused isn't the only type of abuse that can affect a child. Erratic unstable parent/s can affect a child's development just as much a physical violence.

Mabon.

At that point, the police officer did the right thing. Too risky to do nothing.

• Like 1

Mabon.

Im gonna have to go ahead and call BS on all this. Why were police at this "anti government railly" to begin with? This is what is happening to anyone who knows what crimes this government is up to. Its easy to sniff out the BS. They admitted they only found one joint on the guy, yet somehow he was charged with "multiple drug charges" for having one joint? That is a person who was targeted by police. How do you spend a week in jail for a violation equal to a traffic violation?

• Like 1