Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

weird dream, shodow dog

louvani

If anyone can shed some lightt on this...

I had a weird dream. I am all too familiar with sleep paralysis and I doubt this was it.

I don't usually sleep on my back, this time I did. I woke up and could not move. I stuggled and struggled and suddenly a shadow of a dog stood up from a laying position on my chest. I freaked out of a second but then calmed down as it did not seem to want to hurt me. But it also didn't want me to turn on my side. Now that in fully awake it freaks me out a little, cause I don't think that I was fulley asleep whilst having this "dream". I couldn't make out any facial features on the dog.

Your thoughts on this will be much appreciated.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Frank Merton

• louvani

• RamblingRebel

• _Only

For someone who says they are familiar with sleep paralysis you don't seem to be.

Thank you. Frank. For that insignificant comment. I've experienced sleep paralysis before. What happened this morning was totally different. except if there are different types of SP in which case I'd be happy if you could enlighten me.

You are going to have to enlighten yourself, and stop insulting people when they point out that what you had was pretty obvious.

If anyone can shed some lightt on this...

I had a weird dream. I am all too familiar with sleep paralysis and I doubt this was it.

I don't usually sleep on my back, this time I did. I woke up and could not move. I stuggled and struggled and suddenly a shadow of a dog stood up from a laying position on my chest. I freaked out of a second but then calmed down as it did not seem to want to hurt me. But it also didn't want me to turn on my side. Now that in fully awake it freaks me out a little, cause I don't think that I was fulley asleep whilst having this "dream". I couldn't make out any facial features on the dog.

Your thoughts on this will be much appreciated.

Waking up being not able to move, seeing a shadow form that sits on your chest, those are all textbook examples of what people experience during sleep paralysis, though. Also, the feeling of not being asleep but not awake is common, because you are in between states, right?

What about it made you think it wasn't sleep paralysis?

hmmm. Maybe my dog did some astral projecting and ended up laying on top of your chest and staring at you.

Does it to me all the time!

ive seen shadow cats before and your encounter of one is similar to mine. the cats were much like our cats and had no evil nature. where as with the dog the idea of it being with you sleeping is an entirely new concept seeing the planes of shadow and this one interact. on top of the dog not being aggresive it seemed docile and as if it were used to humans. as for the not moving perhaps the closeness of the entity to your spirit itself caused sleep paralysis to occur. otherwise i have no idea why you couldnt move unless you just happened to get it on the same time you saw the dog.