Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Sharia Justice or Torture?

and-then

Saudi Arabia is one of the most barbaric countries in the world. The man deserves punishment for his crime but this is too much. He has already spent 10 years in jail.

However if he had paralyzed me I might want him to suffer the same fate.

• Like 1

Torture, in my opinion.

I hate Sharia law, in all aspects.

• Like 1

Some say an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth...I say...forgive those who do you harm...pray for those who persecute you....

....or....

Take them out back after the trial, shoot them in the head and throw them in a hole. Done, forgotten. Next....

And yet the U.S. believes the same. No wonder they are allies. 30 yrs on death row in the States is much better.

Edited by The Silver Thong

Hands up, anyone here who thinks someone who kills a child should be strung up?Maybe even posted such thoughts in recent threads.

Sharia is indeed barbaric and very brutal but do they practice and carry out acts that we in the west carry out in our imaginations when heinous crimes are committed ?

An eye for an eye.. it's as old as the old testament.

The bible started the law and the law is the bible of today.

Saudi Arabia is one of the most barbaric countries in the world. The man deserves punishment for his crime but this is too much. He has already spent 10 years in jail.

However if he had paralyzed me I might want him to suffer the same fate.

I agree it is is one of the most barbaric countries in the world and their law sucks.Men dominates women in countries like that and some people won't accept that but that is the truth.

• Like 1

Hands up, anyone here who thinks someone who kills a child should be strung up?Maybe even posted such thoughts in recent threads.

Sharia is indeed barbaric and very brutal but do they practice and carry out acts that we in the west carry out in our imaginations when heinous crimes are committed ?

I'll grant you that but it IS only in our imagination. The heart of man is desperately evil. But as a culture we make room for mercy of a sort. Maybe I take this too personally but speaking for myself - I would beg to be shot or otherwise killed instead of a life paralyzed. It seems like the ultimate horror for a human being imo.

Western law is based on Judeo Christian tradition, yes. Care to point to ANY western country that still uses "eye for an eye" in such an extreme manner? Serious question - because I cannot think of any. Even the Russians and Chinese steer clear of such madness as this.

Western law is based on Judeo Christian tradition, yes. Care to point to ANY western country that still uses "eye for an eye" in such an extreme manner? Serious question - because I cannot think of any. Even the Russians and Chinese steer clear of such madness as this.

True. But, the Chinese and Russians are not fanatical about pleasing a mythical god of their own creation either. You said earlier the heart of man is desperately evil. I disagree. Man's heart is not evil. When man gives over his heart to that which isn't real and then seeks to do the bidding of the imaginary...that...is when man becomes evil!

True. But, the Chinese and Russians are not fanatical about pleasing a mythical god of their own creation either. You said earlier the heart of man is desperately evil. I disagree. Man's heart is not evil. When man gives over his heart to that which isn't real and then seeks to do the bidding of the imaginary...that...is when man becomes evil!

Like: Matthew 5:43? “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[i]and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven.Two sides to every story Joc. For every evil one can recite against a religion, some good can be found as well. Even in Islam I suspect. But to paint religion in general as the culprit in this case is inane.

I'm pretty sure that was around before the bible.

• Like 1

how many Shariahs are there?

Apparently at LEAST one too many when the Saudis use it as an excuse to inflict the most horrible torture any human could endure.

I'm pretty sure that was around before the bible.

Actually a study concluded to that revenge and forgiveness are both instincts and each serves a purpose necessary for our survival.

Edited by goodconversations

Apparently at LEAST one too many when the Saudis use it as an excuse to inflict the most horrible torture any human could endure.

Makes me question the whole philosophy of punishment in SA.

Actually a study concluded to that revenge and forgiveness are both instincts and each serves a purpose necessary for our survival.

Exactly, instincts that we have always had.

• Like 1

I don't care what it is, as long as our spineless politicians and limp-wristed 'holy' men find enough guts to prevent it sneaking into the UK!

• Like 4

I don't care what it is, as long as our spineless politicians and limp-wristed 'holy' men find enough guts to prevent it sneaking into the UK!

Yeah. Problem is, as the Sharia law "advocates" continue to immigrate and populate a democratic country then, by way of voting, take over the political system and instill Sharia law.

That IS THEIR GOAL, and they have, without reservation, proclaimed this desire.

• Like 4

Yeah. Problem is, as the Sharia law "advocates" continue to immigrate and populate a democratic country then, by way of voting, take over the political system and instill Sharia law.

That IS THEIR GOAL, and they have, without reservation, proclaimed this desire.

Yet another perfectly sound reason for the second amendment!
  • Like 3

It would appear by this ruling that there are as many "Shariahs" as there are eyes on this earth.

"An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind" - Gandhi

• Like 2

In the US we've been led to believe that torture is justice, no Sharia required.

Update on the story. The Saudis deny the story is true - no such judgement was handed down. The power of the press?

http://www.bbc.co.uk...e-east-22080539

The power of reporting misinformation and causing belief in falsehoods. The power in automatically believing negative news stories one reads in the press whenever it's critical of something one is also critical of. The power of ignorance and the herd mentality, where after a million tweets over a poorly-written but politically-correct news story, a major correction to the facts surfaces days later but it's barely read or noticed by anyone. The power of the press.

• Like 2

Keep in mind that the followers find their punishment completely normal. In their reality it is the normal. To the outside world it seems insane, and it is. It is too bad so many humans are seemingly hardwired to accept belief without question.