Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

If Women Were Bigger

No Censorship

:lol: I requested that there be no jokes, but I made an exception in your case. Real men don't eat quiche, by the way.

Oh, sorry. Here's a 'serious' response to make up for that......

With birds of prey, the female is almost always the larger and stronger of the two. My poor old Freddie leads a dog's life sometimes!

Organised Religion has a big part to play in how the female of the species is perceived, and how their roles have been allowed to develop. "In the Old Religion" women were venerated often above men and valuable warriors (Boudicca anyone?).

If women always were bigger and stronger than men, would the historical record be unrecognizable? Please don't tell comedy club jokes. ;) This is a serious inquiry. For the most part, men dominated women in most places throughout the known historical record. This likely was just because they had superior size and strength. Imagine that the opposite is true. Under this particular scenario, there might have been matriarchies that lasted for millennia. What do you think?

There is an episode of Star Trek the Next Generation in which Ryker becomes a bit of a boy toy of a woman who is a high ranking politician in a culture where the women are bigger and stronger than the men.
  • Like 1

May be we should look at our closest relatives. I think a comparison between female dominated bonobos and male dominated chimpanzees might offer a clue. Use of tools among the females of both groups is attested.

I agree others posted similar ideas but the whole "less populated" part was a new thought.Though your reasonings seem to be well thought out aswell.

One way of looking at it is we are just another animal,nature has its own set of dominance in each species....How would things be if we reversed everything for all?Would anything we observe as real even exist?Would you prefer that unknown world over the one you know?Think real hard on that one because your very own existence may not ever have been.Many animals and insects you know,if nature reversed may never exist.....

Your post brings time travel to mind. You get in the machine, and you visit the past. The scientists warn you to not touch a butterfly or a blade of grass. There may be a monumental ripple effect if you do. Are their concerns and worries legitimate? Are they just hyperbole based on bad science fiction novels? I choose the latter, but I agree with *your* take on things. Our existence comes from disasters in history. Say that your ancestors are religious refugees. You go back to that place and time to meet your grandfather and grandmother, who don't yet know one another. An innocent man will be killed by the government, and your grandparents will not meet if he lives. Do you save this man's life?

• Like 1

Oh, sorry. Here's a 'serious' response to make up for that......

With birds of prey, the female is almost always the larger and stronger of the two. My poor old Freddie leads a dog's life sometimes!

Speaking of dogs' lives, the same kind of thing holds true for them. Pity the poor male toy poodle who tries to mount the gay female pit bull.

Your post brings time travel to mind. You get in the machine, and you visit the past. The scientists warn you to not touch a butterfly or a blade of grass. There may be a monumental ripple effect if you do. Are their concerns and worries legitimate? Are they just hyperbole based on bad science fiction novels? I choose the latter, but I agree with *your* take on things. Our existence comes from disasters in history. Say that your ancestors are religious refugees. You go back to that place and time to meet your grandfather and grandmother, who don't yet know one another. An innocent man will be killed by the government, and your grandparents will not meet if he lives. Do you save this man's life?

Very hard to answer detective seeing as if i do nothing i will cease to exist in all reality as myself,but if i do something i may totally alter everyone elses future.Good question my friend i cannot actually answer unless i was there in the moment is about the best i can give haha

• Like 1

Organised Religion has a big part to play in how the female of the species is perceived, and how their roles have been allowed to develop. "In the Old Religion" women were venerated often above men and valuable warriors (Boudicca anyone?).

Was that based on biology *or* theology? Not to open a can of worms, but the superior size, strength, skill, etc. of men played roles in the constructs of some philosophies. The biological led to the theological, which was reinforced in times of war. Boudicca was one of the extremely few feminine exceptions to this masculine rule.

There is an episode of Star Trek the Next Generation in which Ryker becomes a bit of a boy toy of a woman who is a high ranking politician in a culture where the women are bigger and stronger than the men.

I saw that episode. They could film a real-life version of it in a sixth-grade class at some random middle school. :lol:

Very hard to answer detective seeing as if i do nothing i will cease to exist in all reality as myself,but if i do something i may totally alter everyone elses future.Good question my friend i cannot actually answer unless i was there in the moment is about the best i can give haha

It's a Hobson's Choice. You catch more 22s than an elderly Chicago gang-banger.

• Like 1