Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Forced" Religion.

and-then

Historically there have been people "converted" by the sword, but I can only conclude that those doing the "converting" were not Christian.

db9cd8529b66.gif

• Like 3

If someone sticks a sword in my back and orders me to worship an idol or have some water dropped on my forehead or whatever, I'm going to do it without a moment's hesitation and with no feelings of guilt whatsoever. Any guilt is on the person with the sword.

I figure if there is a God, He knows what is in my heart.

• Like 1

db9cd8529b66.gif

Keep banging, the truth hurts.

If I killed someone in your name, against your wishes would you be responsible?

Keep banging, the truth hurts.

If I killed someone in your name, against your wishes would you be responsible?

For your ridiculous comment, yet again twisting reality, I score

1bafc2a01801.jpg

• Like 2

1bafc2a01801.jpg

Human intelligence is overrated. What did you expect?

How do you know what Christ actually said? It is all heresy written by people a hundred years after his supposed existence and death.

Faith triumphs intelligence and reason. All the time.

1bafc2a01801.jpg

In other words, "Obviously I can't answer that because I would then have to admit I'm being irrational."

I'm not sure you mean this, or at least that you are fully aware of the meaning of what you say. If faith always triumphs itelligence and reason, then the firm faith of all the Napoleons in all the worlds' asylums would triumph the reasons of the psychologists.

In other words, "Obviously I can't answer that because I would then have to admit I'm being irrational."

No, and there you go, twisting reality again. You people must get dizzy spinning around and around and around and around and around

There's a difference between faith and denial. How clearly it can be seen...

Christianity does not force their religion on anyone, unlike the Muslims in some countries that will hold a gun to your head.

Edited by notforgotten

Forcing heaven on someone?...ooohhhh... what a horrible thing this must be! :no: Can't we cry about something else? :td:

You might think it forcing "heaven", most non-believers think it the opposite though.

No, and there you go, twisting reality again. You people must get dizzy spinning around and around and around and around and around

I'm sorry....I may have missed it, but have you been personally oppressed by Christians? That is afterall what this thread is about?

@ and then

I think what we have here is an issue about interpretation of the bible. There are clear differences between Christians about this, even it seems to me within the same confessions etc. Yet to those of us from outside, it is all Christianity. So Christians may split hairs amongst themselves, while we look on bemused at who is right and who is wrong. This is why saying Crusaders were not Christians seems so ridiculous to me. Who is a "real" Christian and who is not, is a debate for Christians. Pagans want no part of these wars, and there are clearly two sides of Christanity on show in this forum, one side of which I am on reasonably friendly terms with, the other, well..

So the debate is between Christians but non Christians can paint all who take the name of Christ with one brush and be done and accurate? This is not rigorous honesty AP, it's predetermined bias against a group because of the actions of some but not all. I have no need to argue the point with you. No hard feelings on my part but If the few hundred Russians I came into contact with in Yaroslavl were used to characterize all Russians I would have an extremely poor opinion of Russians. As it is, no such thing is the case.