Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cameron hails 'big day for welfare reform'

Commander CMG

• Benefits cap limiting handouts to £500-a-week comes into force
  • Prime Minister says it is 'amazing' that Labour opposes the policy
  • Government claims 8,000 people affected have already found work instead
  • One in 10 families hit by cap has six or more children

arrow3.gifView: Full article here

I hate that arrogant ****. Commenting on where tax money goes when heis family are notorious for haivng offshore cocunts. That's why he is so well off. Tax dodging.

In fairness though I don't see a rpoblem witt the cap, I don't beleive the "8,000 people affected have already found work instead" is true at all. lol

I also know for a fact a lot of people don't get anywhere near £500 a week. lol

Most don't even get that a month. The rich greedy goverment like giving the working class a lower class to blame for things though, so they don't see who really takes all the money for themselves.

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 2

Now if they will just go after the tax dodgers with the offshore accounts with the same vigor. They cost a country more than the people drawing benefits but they are the rich and seem to get by with doing whatever they want.

Not that I think its is fine to sit on your rear end drawing benefits if you are able to work. I don't know how it is in the UK but here most people on welfare really don't get enough to get by on but they get medicaid which enables them to go to the doctor when many working people can't.

• Like 3

You know this will not affect the people most likely cheating the system. It will effect the people who REALLY do need help.

• Like 2

Now if they will just go after the tax dodgers with the offshore accounts with the same vigor. They cost a country more than the people drawing benefits but they are the rich and seem to get by with doing whatever they want.

Not that I think its is fine to sit on your rear end drawing benefits if you are able to work. I don't know how it is in the UK but here most people on welfare really don't get enough to get by on but they get medicaid which enables them to go to the doctor when many working people can't.

Very unlikely that Cameron will pursue offshore accounts with any Vigour,just empty words on his part.He is Worth over 30 million himself so lets not delude ourselves that he isn't going to look after his own Interests.

As for Welfare,pay higher taxes and get better benefits on welfare or pay less tax and get less, it's as simple as that.It was never designed to be able to live on but to get you through until you found another Job.

Edited by shaddow134
  • Like 2

I also know for a fact a lot of people don't get anywhere near £500 a week. lol

They may be including housing benefit and council tax benefit in with that, and not just the actual benefit that people get to live on

But I doubt anyone gets that much a week, even including housing benefit and council tax benefit

I don't know how it is in the UK but here most people on welfare really don't get enough to get by on but they get medicaid which enables them to go to the doctor when many working people can't.

I am on benefit's, due to my Asperger's Syndrome etc, and I cannot afford to go to the doctor's/dentists etc (I have to pay for prescription's/dental work etc) all because I get approx £10 or £20 more than what other people on benefit's get

I even have to pay rent and council tax, due to the above

With this new "bedroom tax" that they have bought out, it has doubled the rent I have to pay, even though the reason why I had this property I currently live in, is due to having my son stay weekend's, and at various other time's, which the housing know about

There is only one guaranteed outcome for the things that the UK government are doing, and that is it will make the rich richer and the poor, poorer and also make a lot of people homeless in the process, I may be one of those unfortunately

The politician's will also have more money in their pockets for luxury items, holidays etc, that they claim for on their expense accounts , which the taxpayer pays for

• Like 2

They may be including housing benefit and council tax benefit in with that, and not just the actual benefit that people get to live on

But I doubt anyone gets that much a week, even including housing benefit and council tax benefit

Going by someone living on thier own on Job seekers allowance, this is what they should get:

£12 a week Council tax

£71 a week Jjob seekers allowance

up to £290 a month Housing benefit

So that's up to £622 a month. So yeah you are right there.

But I was meaning more as int hey try their hardest not to pay people that. They make people have to go through loads of *** to get it.

There is only one guaranteed outcome for the things that the UK government are doing, and that is it will make the rich richer and the poor, poorer and also make a lot of people homeless in the process, I may be one of those unfortunately

Oh definitly. Usual practice by the goverment. :td:

am on benefit's, due to my Asperger's Syndrome etc, and I cannot afford to go to the doctor's/dentists etc (I have to pay for prescription's/dental work etc) all because I get approx £10 or £20 more than what other people on benefit's get

This is what people need to realise. Just becuase there is a chance thta someone is just pure lazy and doens't want to work, you cannot punish eveyrone on benefits for that reaosn or it affects those who actually need it.

Have you tried speaking to the citizens advice bureau? they might be able to help out or something? Cause thta isn't fair at all.

System is a complete mess, things need to be changed. But our goverment will never chnage things for the better or make things the way they should be. Most people don't realise this and just blame others instead.

• Like 1

Now if they will just go after the tax dodgers with the offshore accounts with the same vigor.

The British goverment make sup msot of the tax dodgers with offshore accounts. So nothing will happen there.

David Cameron commented on the British Comedian Jimmy Carr when he was caught using an offshore account to tax dodge. He did it publically on twitter. When the reaosn he is rich is because his dad did exactly that. Utterly disgusting.

• Like 1

This is what people need to realise. Just becuase there is a chance thta someone is just pure lazy and doens't want to work, you cannot punish eveyrone on benefits for that reaosn or it affects those who actually need it.

There is definitely people that are ******** the system, I have seen it in the past with my own two eyes, just for one example, some person was driving to the jobcentre in a brand new car while signing on

There is a lot more people that are worse off than myself, and the governmnet are doing the exact same thing to them

The only people the government give a **** about is the bank's, the rich people and themselves

Have you tried speaking to the citizens advice bureau? they might be able to help out or something? Cause thta isn't fair at all.

Been there done that, they was no help at all, apparently it is the way it work's / the law

System is a complete mess, things need to be changed. But our goverment will never chnage things for the better or make things the way they should be. Most people don't realise this and just blame others instead.

The only way things will change is for the worse, they will not get any better

The way they have worked it is so people start fighting between themselves, while they are doing so, they (the government) can do whatever they want

I personally think they want more riot's etc, so they can have the excuse to bring in harsher laws/whatever laws they want

Edited by Jackofalltrades
  • Like 1

There is definitely people that are ******** the system, I have seen it in the past with my own two eyes, just for one example, some person was driving to the jobcentre in a brand new car while signing on

There is a lot more people that are worse off than myself, and the governmnet are doing the exact same thing to them

The only people the government give a **** about is the bank's, the rich people and themselves

I don't have a car jsut now becuas eof money... That really annoys me. How the hell can you afford a car while on benefit. Probably got their own "business".

Completely agree with the rest.

Been there done that, they was no help at all, apparently it is the way it work's / the law

That really sucks then.

The only way things will change is for the worse, they will not get any better

The way they have worked it is so people start fighting between themselves, while they are doing so, they (the government) can do whatever they want

I personally think they want more riot's etc, so they can have the excuse to bring in harsher laws/whatever laws they want

Agree with all of that.

• Like 1

Channel 4 (i think) are doing a documentary about large families. Last night i watched an episode about an Pakistani family with 11 kids who have to survive on a measly £680 a week on benefits (dad hasn't worked for 11 years) It was all i could do to hold back the tears ....

• Like 2

Channel 4 (i think) are doing a documentary about large families. Last night i watched an episode about an Pakistani family with 11 kids who have to survive on a measly £680 a week on benefits (dad hasn't worked for 11 years) It was all i could do to hold back the tears ....

I turned it off after it started to wind me up, all those poor families having to survive on Government benefits & free hand-outs and yet most hard working families don’t get anywhere near that kind of income, working full time.. It was heart breaking.

Wow, By a whopping `12p an hour, Maybe a few families will be able to eat occasionlly now. Until they decide to lower it which they will do before scrapping it altogether.

This is why they Should cap the number of kids that they will pay Benefits for,it seems crazy rewarding big families in a world that is suffering from overpopulation.

Personally I would cap it at 4 kids and give out Tax Credits on the oldest child only,if you want more kids then get out to work and pay out of your own pocket.

• Like 2

Wow, By a whopping `12p an hour, Maybe a few families will be able to eat occasionlly now. Until they decide to lower it which they will do before scrapping it altogether.

That's an extra £250 a year for a 40 hour week. If you think that's insignificant, I have a list of charities you may want to talk to...

And you have no reason to assume they'll lower it or scrap it. The fact that they have just raised it goes completely against your assumptions.

I ask you this: why would they raise it if they plan to scrap it?

• Like 1

Another £250 that they'll manage to claw back somehow. Its a token gesture. Ok, They said they wouldn't lower it THIS year, They are considering it.

• Like 1

Oh, And charity begin at home. I have enough corrupt people taking money off me, I'm not about about to add to that list.

Is the cost of welfare really the problem? What about the cost of the LIBOR scandal which caused the collapse of the banking system which had to be propped up with government hand outs to the tune of trillions, lining the pockets of the very people who caused the issue through illegal and conspiratorial means.

Of course there is a problem with welfare, but the problem is the mindset of long term recipients, not the cost.

• Like 3

Another £250 that they'll manage to claw back somehow. Its a token gesture. Ok, They said they wouldn't lower it THIS year, They are considering it.

Paranoia must be such an interesting mindset...

Oh, And charity begin at home. I have enough corrupt people taking money off me, I'm not about about to add to that list.

How about donating it directly to people in need then? No? I suppose it is a 'whopping 12p and hour'.

I donate to a food bank actually, Something we shouldn't even be seeing this day and age when politicians and the like carry on wasting money. I actually think keeping the minimum wage as it is is a better idea. It puts extra financial strain on small businesses and can encourage some firms to treat staff unfairly etc.

Paranoia must be such an interesting mindset...

catfromhell is right, what the government give with one hand they will take back with the other

How is stating that, paranoia, exactly ?

I actually think keeping the minimum wage as it is is a better idea. It puts extra financial strain on small businesses and can encourage some firms to treat staff unfairly etc.

The minimum wage is an insult to anyone who earns it, it's at least £2.00p/h less then anything that could be considered a livable wage in this day and age. Infact, 'livable' is being to generous - £8.00p/h is a wage you can exist on after you take into account stoppages....anything more then that and you can actually start to live.

I am well aware of that and as I said im not saying the extra wouldn't be nice, but it will push some businesses and they will struggle to pay, Keeping it as it is at least goes a tiny way to safeguarding peoples jobs a tiny bit more. My employers announced yesterday that it is now putting all staff on a 37 week contract as a result. Its that or redundancies. So it hasn't worked out well for me, I have actually lost a lot of money and more employers will treat staff similarly,I'm not saying all. So how have I benifited, I've lost 11 weeks of pay per year. I am also aware as im sure someone will try and inform me that everyones circumstances are different, my employer employs around 350 people. My employer won't be the only employers to do this either, Out of necessity or an excuse to save a few extra quid.