Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Towards a better world

pantodragon

I approach the world with extreme naivety.

My ambition is to graduate from ‘half-wit’ to become a ‘complete idiot’. (The 10th Kingdom; The Man Who Knew Too Little.)

“To see a World in a Grain of Sand

And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,

Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand

And Eternity in an hour.”

Understanding is like ‘The Stone’ (Eon, Greg Bear), or a Tardis (Dr Who; BBC) --- bigger on the inside than on the outside.

To achieve complete understanding is to discover the ‘Aleph’, (Borges) the point from which everything in the world can be seen, both present and past.

Heeding the wisdom of the spider (Native North American mythology), I keep a dream-catcher above my bead.

“All experience is an arch wherethrough gleams that untravelled world

Whose margin fades forever and forever as I move.”

Moon River

Moon river, wider than a mile

I'm crossing you in style some day

Oh, dream maker, you heart breaker

Wherever you're goin', I'm goin' your way

Two drifters, off to see the world

There's such a lot of world to see

We're after the same rainbow's end, waitin' 'round the bend

My huckleberry friend, moon river, and me

(Moon river, wider than a mile)

(I'm crossin' you in style some day)

Oh, dream maker, you heart breaker

Wherever you're goin', I'm goin' your way

Two drifters, off to see the world

There's such a lot of world to see

We're after that same rainbow's end, waitin' 'round the bend

My huckleberry friend, moon river, and me

Kitten plays with yarn,

Unravelling a tale too

Tight, needing chaos.

I dream my life, lost

In the story, wondering

What will happen next.

Lost Content

Fantasies unfold

Of dreams untold.

Where do lost dreams go?

The “land of lost content,

I see it shining plain.” ---

Too bright

That strange light,

That fey light

That calls and

Draws like Siren

Song, that turns to

Banshee wail

As the heart fills

With “an air that kills.”

“I am the man you killed,

my friend.”

Dreams flower, blossom

On my tree; blossom, leaf, fruit,

Rest --- Nature’s rhythm.

Snowflake on my hand

Butterfly cocoons back to

Worm, blot of water.

Cat asleep misses

Nothing. Scientist awake

Misses everything.

Another ambition: to present my view of the world in a short, illustrated book suitable for children.

Once you learn to interpret dreams (not as easy as you might think) you can ‘talk’ to the Quew, (Pantodragon’s world in a nutshell, this forum). The Quew is very old and has accumulated much wisdom. No problem is too small, no dream too big or silly for the Quew. In fact, as far as dreams are concerned, the bigger and sillier the better --- makes the Quew’s job more interesting!

• Like 1

My perspective of self naivety is that , I feel as though I know nothing , all I think I know , I know nothing , is how I view myself in our world.

To wake up one morning in a world which flows immensliy in love , as nature itself naively flows, is my dream

Edited by Reann

Understanding is like ‘The Stone’ (Eon, Greg Bear), or a Tardis (Dr Who; BBC) --- bigger on the inside than on the outside.

Could you be more specific?

To achieve complete understanding is to discover the ‘Aleph’, (Borges) the point from which everything in the world can be seen, both present and past.

No, that's more vague.

Heeding the wisdom of the spider (Native North American mythology), I keep a dream-catcher above my bead.

The spider that insists on building it's web on my car's wing mirrror doesn't strike me as especially wise. Maybe he's an adrenaline junkie.

Another ambition: to present my view of the world in a short, illustrated book suitable for children.

That'll give them nightmares.

Could you be more specific?

You may judge from the style of this piece that it is different in intention from a philosophical tract. There is much poetry and my intention is to offer ideas and concepts which may be subject for contemplation. They should be treated rather as Zen buddhists use koans. After contemplation, one comes to one's own understanding. Explanations offered, definitions merely get in the way.

That'll give them nightmares.

It is marvellous how truth and understanding can allay nightmares. Nightmares are creatures of the dark. Where light shines, nightmares die.