Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood [Part 2]

Abramelin

...Oh dear , the last thing i want to do is upset those two LOL , but you have to say it as you see it , the latest pointer to me was the part that said a brutish king with a combined army army went over to franche ( channel called la Tranche ) and conquered part of the land , which he called Bretagne (little Brutaine ) and then handed sovereinty over to Canaan , who was called in the Brutish tongue Conaan ,

sounds like the wests free land has been used up right up to the western sea, and now every 15 years they have to go conquer a land before one of their exodus trips can take place , it also makes you think again about the splitting up of Abraham and Lot , was that also a drawing of lots, and was that the reason Abe had to earlier leave Harran , because he lost the lottery , or as a war leader was he obliged to go with the loser of the lottery .

because they were in the land since Joseph of Arimathea , and poss Mary ,maybe a child , is the reason i think the Brutaines claimed to have had the Christian religion centuries before the Roman Catholic church ,( st Paul in Britain, and the early British church as opposed to the Popish church ... Richard Williams Morgan ) and why the other nations agreed that the British church was senior to the catholic roman one ,and did not have to take orders from the catholic pope.The Spanish church also claimed the jews came to their land first , so they should have seniority, but in the end the Brutish church seniority won out as they settled here ,

however Jesus christianity may have been much different from the christianity the romans tried to import in the 3/400 years before Constantine. during which time i think the Romans much changed it to suit their needs............ when hengist was talking to Vortiger acc to Layamon, he said his gods were Saturn , Jupiter , Mercurius , Apollin , Tervagant ,Fria and highest of all wodin , ......Vortiger supposedly told him they were despicable Gods , but he needed them to help turn back the Northern Peohte invaders so he hired them for payment of land ............obviously just words again.....and speculation.

Edited by NO-ID-EA
  • Like 1

[095/10]

SJUGUN JRTH.FÉT WÉRE HJU LONG

ÀND HJRA GÉRT SÁ FÉLO.

THRÍJA SWIKTE HJA THAM OR HJRA HOLE

ÀND AS ER DEL KÉM

WÉR EN RIDDER GÀRS.FALLICH.

[O-S p.133]

zeven aardvoet was zij lang,

en haar zwaard even zoo lang,

dit zwaaide zij driemaal over haar hoofd

en toen het nederkwam

beet een ridder in het gras [werd een ruiter 'grasvallig'].

She was seven feet high [long; tall],

and her sword was the same length.

She waved it three times over her head,

and each time [as is came down]

a knight bit the earth [a rider were 'grasfalling'].

Wirth (German, 1933): "und ihr Schwert gleich lang"

Jensma (Dutch, 2006): "en haar zwaard evenveel"

All translations assume - from the context - that GÉRT means sword.

Everywhere else in OLB, GÉRT means desire (Dutch: begeerte).

It is used in the combination MANGÉRTE = girl or young woman, as a name (the daughter of PIRE) and her followers, the GÉRTMANNA.

In the fragment, I don't think it meant sword, but something like a staff or long rod.

Hettema Oldfrisian dictionary (1832): Gerd, geerd = roede (rod)

Etymologiebank: garde = rod, stick

Gtb: garde, gaarde, gerde = rod

HeraFullC.jpg

"Guard" may very well be related.

etymonline.com/guard

Edited by gestur

not @ all

You know I was kidding, right?

Then you know why I was kidding.

Wirth (German, 1933): "und ihr Schwert gleich lang"

Jensma (Dutch, 2006): "en haar zwaard evenveel"

All translations assume - from the context - that GÉRT means sword.

Everywhere else in OLB, GÉRT means desire (Dutch: begeerte).

It is used in the combination MANGÉRTE = girl or young woman, as a name (the daughter of PIRE) and her followers, the GÉRTMANNA.

In the fragment, I don't think it meant sword, but something like a staff or long rod.

Hettema Oldfrisian dictionary (1832): Gerd, geerd = roede (rod)

Etymologiebank: garde = rod, stick

Gtb: garde, gaarde, gerde = rod

HeraFullC.jpg

"Guard" may very well be related.

etymonline.com/guard

I know I have talked about an "Asgeir" in this thread, and it means "spear (geir) of god (As)":

http://babynamesworl..._of_Asgeir.html

http://www.unexplain...30#entry4204788

Not saying you were wrong, but I had to think of Athena:

img_poc29_10.jpg

+++

EDIT:

Look up "geirr" here:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/78998246/Altnordisches-Etymologisches-Woerterbuch-Jan-de-Vries-2000-Compressed

Edited by Abramelin

wikipedia/Beguines_and_Beghards

bethel543.jpg

beguine - english

begijn - dutch

begine - german, frisian

begien - limburgian

béguine - french

begínur - icelandic

beginer - swedish, norwegian

beguinas - spanish, portuguese

beghine - italian

... etcetera

The etymology of this word is not clear.

Het woord verschijnt vrijwel tegelijkertijd in Latijnse teksten: beggini ‘ketters’ [1200-25; Gijsseling 1985] en begginas, als schimpnaam voor religieuze vrouwen in een klooster in Waals-Brabant. De etymologie van het woord is omstreden.

etymologiebank/begijn

I suggest that, like Tanfana may have come from T.ANFANG (origin), Begine may have its origin in T.BIJIN (the beginning).

They may have been named after a lost 'religious' group, because they were in a way a continuation of it.

No evidence, just suggesting the possibility.

OLB p. 45

... THI TÉKNA FON THAT JOL.

THAT IS THAT FORMA SINNE BILD WR.ALDA.S.

AK FON T.ANFANG JEFTHA T.BIJIN

WÉRUT TID KÉM

Ottema p.65

... de teekens van het Juul,

dat is het eerste zinnebeeld van Wralda,

ook van den aanvang of het begin,

waaruit de Tijd is voortgekomen

Sandbach p.65

... the signs of the Juul

—that is, the first symbol of Wr-alda,

also of the origin or beginning

from which Time is derived

Wirth p.44

die Zeichen des Juls.

Das ist das älteste Sinnbild Wraldas,

auch von dem Anfang oder dem Beginne,

woraus die Zeit kam

THE OLDEST DOCTRINE.

Sandbach:

Hail to all the well-intentioned children of Frya! Through them the earth shall become holy. Learn and announce to the people Wr-alda is the ancient of ancients, for he created all things. Wr-alda is all in all, for he is eternal and everlasting. Wr-alda is omnipresent but invisible, and therefore is called a spirit. All that we can see of him are the created beings who come to life through him and go again, because from Wr-alda all things proceed and return to him. Wr-alda is the beginning and the end.

http://oeralinda.angelfire.com/#bk

OLB: Fon ut Wralda kvmth t anfang aend et ende

Me: Van uit Wr-alda komt 't aanvang ende 't eind.

EN: From Wra-alda comes the beginning and the end

Revelation 22:13

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

My post about this:

http://www.unexplain...05#entry4678055

The 3 Yule wheels with the words WRALDA TANFANG TBIJIN :

TANFANG_zps3eafebae.jpg

chi_rho1.jpgWRALDA-YULE.jpg

"Et Ende" with its 6 letters would have fitted nicely around a Yule wheel, but that would have been a too obvious link to the New Testament...

Edited by Abramelin

"Et Ende" with its 6 letters would have fitted nicely around a Yule wheel, but that would have been a too obvious link to the New Testament...

OLB_script_etende_zps0b39b3e0.jpg

Aristophon in the " Archonship of Euclides " ( 403 BC) talks of one of the laws made was that anyone who was born where both parents are

not Citizens is considered a bast.ard. The rife practice of nobles who were consorting with courtesans ( the beautiful daughters of friendly ,

or conquered nations , brought to adorn the court ) andhaving children by them . Aristophon says many of his own children , although high

born , are being considered bast.ards...............The Lucky B......

Edited by NO-ID-EA

Aristophon in the " Archonship of Euclides " ( 403 BC) talks of one of the laws made was that anyone who was born where both parents are not Citizens is considered a bast.ard. The rife practice of nobles who were consorting with courtesans ( the beautiful daughters of friendly ,or conquered nations , brought to adorn the court ) andhaving children by them . Aristophon says many of his own children , although high born , are being considered bast.ards...............The Lucky B......

That tells us that the word had to do with something illegitimate. Even then.

This is from the OLB:

TANFANG_zps3eafebae.jpg

Wralda, the Beginning, the Beginning.

This is what it should have been:

BIJIN_ENDE_zps3aaa91a8.jpg

Wralda, the Beginning, the End.

Edited by Abramelin

OLB p. 45

... THI TÉKNA FON THAT JOL.

THAT IS THAT FORMA SINNE BILD WR.ALDA.S.

AK FON T.ANFANG JEFTHA T.BIJIN

WÉRUT TID KÉM

Ottema p.65

... de teekens van het Juul,

dat is het eerste zinnebeeld van Wralda,

ook van den aanvang of het begin,

waaruit de Tijd is voortgekomen

Sandbach p.65

... the signs of the Juul

—that is, the first symbol of Wr-alda,

also of the origin or beginning

from which Time is derived

Sandbach's translation of "T.Anfang" is wrong: it doesn't mean 'origin', it's just another word for 'the beginning'.

And you said:

"I suggest that, like Tanfana may have come from T.ANFANG (origin)"

I have posted about the meaning of the name "Tanfana", and it had nothing to do with any 'origin'.

++

EDIT:

Tanfana or Tamfana was a goddess of the Istvaeones in ancient Germanic paganism, the destruction of whose temple in the territory of the Marsi is mentioned in Tacitus' Annals.

Since fana is Latin for "temples," it has been suggested that it was a temple to a god Tan, shortened from the German word for a pine-tree, Tanne, or that the first element meant "collective."[4][5] The division of the word was rejected by Grimm among others;[6] he called the name "certainly German," the -ana ending being also found in Hludana, Bertana, Rapana, and Madana.

A. G. de Bruyn, a scholar of Oldenzaal folklore, returned to splitting the name into Tan and fana on toponymic grounds and because of a stamp dated 1336 found near Ommen that shows a woman holding a fir tree flanked by a sun symbol and a catlike creature and a bird; he proposed that she was a moon or a mother goddess, perhaps related to the Carthaginian goddess Tanit.[16] He and more recently Rudi Klijnstra relate Tanfana, or Tan, to legends surrounding de Groote Steen te Oldenzaal (the Big Stone at Oldenzaal) in the area of Overijssel; the stone was originally located on a hill called Tankenberg, the highest point in the area, but was later moved into the city.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanfana

geestgoden.jpg

On this seal is a woman with in her ​​hand a fir tree ( Tanne, alluding to Tan). Top left of her is a solar symbol, and she is flanked by a cat and a bird. The seal symbolizes the marriage of the moon goddess Tan with the sun, and after marriage she changed from a moon goddess into a mother. The origin of the seal is completely pre-Christian, and the current insignia of Ommen, according to De Bruijn, is "a caricature and a proof of the shameful ignorance that prevails in our country concerning this subject." The Christians claimed Tan to be equal to the Irish Saint Brigida. The old pagan customs for her devotion survived, such as burning an eternal flame. The Irish clergy forbade this use in 1200. In Noorbeek, Limburg, people still have the custom of erecting a pine tree in front of the chapel that is dedicated to Brigida in early February during the new moon. Finally, Tan has a sound-relationship with the old word for stone, "stan". This is the symbol for the earth, source of new life. The cavities of the stone are also resting places for the souls of the dead.

http://www.nederland.../oldenzaal.html

Hludana_Grimm.jpg

And does all this have anything to do with "origin" or "beginning"?

No.

Edited by Abramelin

anfang in the Frisian Dictionary seems to go to 'touch'.

on-fa-n-g

* 1, on-fe-n-g, an-fe-n-g*, afries., st. M. (i): nhd. Anfassen; ne. touch

This word is very interesting and conjures up all sorts of things that could lead to it also meaning 'origin'. It doesn't seem to etymologically connect though.

origin (n.) dictionary.gif c.1400, "ancestry, race," from Old French origine "origin, race," and directly from Latin originem (nominative origo) "a rise, commencement, beginning, source; descent, lineage, birth," from stem of oriri "to rise, become visible, appear" (see orchestra). originate (v.) dictionary.gif 1650s, probably a back-formation of origination. In earliest reference it meant "to trace the origin of;" meaning "to bring into existence" is from 1650s; intransitive sense of "to come into existence" is from 1775. Related: Originated; originating. original (adj.) dictionary.gif early 14c., "first in time, earliest," from Old French original "first" (13c.) and directly from Latin originalis, from originem (nominative origo) "beginning, source, birth," from oriri "to rise" (see orchestra). The first reference is in original sin "innate depravity of man's nature," supposed to be inherited from Adam in consequence of the Fall. Related: Originally.

http://www.etymonlin...p?term=original

OK, then I found this: conception would certainly be considered 'origin', even though possibly 'conception' or 'first touch' may be better Fryan.

ont-fa-n-g-ere

1, ont-fe-n-g-ere, and-fa-n-g-ere*, afries., st. M. (ja): nhd.

Empfänger; ne. receiver; Q.: Jur; E.: s. ont-fõ; L.: Hh 24b, Rh 1102a

ont-fa-n-g-nisse

1, ont-fo-n-g-nisse, afries., st. F. (jæ): nhd. Empfängnis; ne.

conception; Hw.: vgl. ahd. intfangnissa*; Q.: E.: E.: s. ont-fõ, *-nisse; L.: Hh 138a,

Rh 1102a

Edited by The Puzzler
  • Like 1

This is from the OLB:

TANFANG_zps3eafebae.jpg

Wralda, the Beginning, the Beginning.

This is what it should have been:

BIJIN_ENDE_zps3aaa91a8.jpg

Wralda, the Beginning, the End.

It says Wralda-1 - the origin/conception-2 or beginning-3 - all the same sign, all the same meaning.

Edit: What appears at the top is the signs of the Juul—that is, the first symbol of Wr-alda, also of the origin or beginning from which Time is derived;

Edited by The Puzzler
  • Like 1

anfang in the Frisian Dictionary seems to go to 'touch'.

on-fa-n-g

* 1, on-fe-n-g, an-fe-n-g*, afries., st. M. (i): nhd. Anfassen; ne. touch

This word is very interesting and conjures up all sorts of things that could lead to it also meaning 'origin'. It doesn't seem to etymologically connect though.

origin (n.) dictionary.gif c.1400, "ancestry, race," from Old French origine "origin, race," and directly from Latin originem (nominative origo) "a rise, commencement, beginning, source; descent, lineage, birth," from stem of oriri "to rise, become visible, appear" (see orchestra). originate (v.) dictionary.gif 1650s, probably a back-formation of origination. In earliest reference it meant "to trace the origin of;" meaning "to bring into existence" is from 1650s; intransitive sense of "to come into existence" is from 1775. Related: Originated; originating. original (adj.) dictionary.gif early 14c., "first in time, earliest," from Old French original "first" (13c.) and directly from Latin originalis, from originem (nominative origo) "beginning, source, birth," from oriri "to rise" (see orchestra). The first reference is in original sin "innate depravity of man's nature," supposed to be inherited from Adam in consequence of the Fall. Related: Originally.

http://www.etymonlin...p?term=original

OK, then I found this: conception would certainly be considered 'origin', even though possibly 'conception' or 'first touch' may be better Fryan.

ont-fa-n-g-ere

1, ont-fe-n-g-ere, and-fa-n-g-ere*, afries., st. M. (ja): nhd.

Empfänger; ne. receiver; Q.: Jur; E.: s. ont-fõ; L.: Hh 24b, Rh 1102a

ont-fa-n-g-nisse

1, ont-fo-n-g-nisse, afries., st. F. (jæ): nhd. Empfängnis; ne.

conception; Hw.: vgl. ahd. intfangnissa*; Q.: E.: E.: s. ont-fõ, *-nisse; L.: Hh 138a,

Rh 1102a

Dutch "ontvangen" means to 'receive'', 'conceive', 'to pick up', and so on.

Dutch "aanvangen" means 'to start', 'to commence', 'to begin'.

In short (and that is also true in Frisian) : ONT=/= AAN/ON

Edited by Abramelin

Dutch "ontvangen" means to 'receive'', 'conceive', 'to pick up', and so on.

Dutch "aanvangen" means 'to start', 'to commence', 'to begin'.

In short (and that is also true in Frisian) : ONT=/= AAN/ON

And that is fine, I appreciate it goes through to begin in Dutch, since origin is pretty much the same, but in fact, I think it's important to distinguish the words correctly, because it's not Dutch, it's Fryan. It might seem like beginning and beginning but it's not and Sandbach made no mistake, the word is origin or more correctly touch/conception - it has 2 different words but mean similar but not the same and they are both used here, 'origin or beginning' - that's all I mean.

Edited by The Puzzler

And what does the OLB itself say it means?

T.ANFANG JEFTHA T.BIJIN = T ANFANG, or beginning.

Edited by Abramelin

And what does the OLB itself say it means?

T.ANFANG JEFTHA T.BIJIN = T ANFANG, or beginning.

I answered. The word is similar in meaning yes hence OR but the word t.anfang should be interpreted as a different word and that word is origin or conception.

I answered. The word is similar in meaning yes hence OR but the word t.anfang should be interpreted as a different word and that word is origin or conception.

The OR or JEFTHA indicates two different words meaning the same thing.

I know, 2 DIFFERENT words, meaning the same thing. But different words is the key point I'm making - yes it could mean beginning and beginning but it doesn't read as that, it says touch and beginning if anything, even though I do understand the words have the same meaning. It doesn't matter what it means in Dutch or English, it's what it means in Fryan/Frisian.

Call me 'dogmatic' but the aim for me is to find the closest Fryan/Frisian meanings.

Call me 'dogmatic' but the aim for me is to find the closest Fryan/Frisian meanings.

If you want to use "Fryan" only, then you better stop using etymology sites and dictionaries.

But if you do anyway, you'll have to accept the fact that Dutch and German are very close to the language used in he OLB.

Words that have no equal in Dutch often have an equal in German or English.

Edited by Abramelin

I know, 2 DIFFERENT words, meaning the same thing. But different words is the key point I'm making - yes it could mean beginning and beginning but it doesn't read as that, it says touch and beginning if anything, even though I do understand the words have the same meaning. It doesn't matter what it means in Dutch or English, it's what it means in Fryan/Frisian.

I know where you got that 'touch' from, but it actually means something like 'start hands on'. You begin to do something, things start rolling.

And if we start nitpicking, you should not use the word "Frisian" either, lol.

Edited by Abramelin

"The Titanic was a vessel or ship".

Vessel could mean a bottle or container of some sorts, but HERE it means a thing floating on the sea with lots of people on/in it.

Aristophon in the " Archonship of Euclides " ( 403 BC) talks of one of the laws made was that anyone who was born where both parents are not Citizens is considered a bast.ard.

Does anyone know what word was used in the (most) original text?