Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Alternative Historical Events

IBelieveWhatIWant

As we all know there have been several discussions about parallel universes on here but from what I saw none on the actual events that might have occurred and what would be different between a possible parallel world and our world. Take Fringe for example (Spoiler Alert for anyone who hasnt seen very far into Fringe) in the parallel universe there on 9/11 the planes attacked the White House instead of the Twin Towers and they became a docking station for blimps.

Maybe would WW1 or WW2 would not have started in a parallel universe.

Would Hitler have not risen to the power to had in our world.

Just a post for you guys to throw out ideas of what could be different between our world and an alternate earth.

Here's an alternate universe: Hitler stops his invasions after only taking Poland and France.... The Holocaust is never heard of, Germany is the sole super power in the world instead of the U.S. Hitler is known in the history books as a great leader..... The Nazi scientist go on to put man on the moon, make ufo's the modern vehicle for aerial travel and make airplanes obsolete, the new world order is never able to gain a foothold and push their plan forward because Hitler bucks the system by putting his nation first.....

Alternate Universe: The South wins and keeps it's Idependence... Robert E Lee doesn't attack at Gettysburg, instead he pushes towards DC and takes up his own defensive position, knowing the Union Forces have no choice but to follow and attack because they cant leave the capital vulnerable. The Confederacy decimates the union forces because of E Lee superb defensive warfare capabilities... the union troops loose thousands to a pickette's charge type attack because with the capital at stake they feel they have no choice but to attack all out after their strategic attacks fail... The Confederacy institutes a real free Republic that has a better education system then this universe's U.S. does, therefore The Confederate States of America are the biggest super power and all of our Constitutional Rights that have been infringed upon in real life aren't in this reality...

• Like 1

I think of parallel universes as dimensions that exist on or about the same plane as our own.What I think you are describing are alternate universes where every possible scenario plays out in infinite possible directions.

Had one of these back in the day. I'll still go with my mainstay: The Library of Alexandria was not burned to the ground, and Alexander's empire stabilized enough to become the first "scientifically" advanced empire.

• Like 2

I try to imagine what it would be like had the Native Americans kicked my European ancestors out and maintained control of the Americas.

• Like 1

I try to imagine what it would be like had the Native Americans kicked my European ancestors out and maintained control of the Americas.

I imagine that too, cant prove it to join the tribe but im part Cherokee.... I often dream how awesome it would be to live like they did back in the day... living in the peaceful forested mountains, no job, no work, just hunting and fishin', and feasting at night.... laying down at night next to a sexy Cherokee princess (yes I know Cherokee don't have princess, just like the term ok? haha).... None of the worries about modern society troubling my mind, it'd be great.... I mean I would probably end up having to fight the creeks or chicasaws or whatever they were called to the death and die a very young man... but heh, not too bad of a price to pay for a life of ease and laziness where the women are given most of the work and responsibility hahaha!

• Like 2

I imagine that too, cant prove it to join the tribe but im part Cherokee.... I often dream how awesome it would be to live like they did back in the day... living in the peaceful forested mountains, no job, no work, just hunting and fishin', and feasting at night.... laying down at night next to a sexy Cherokee princess (yes I know Cherokee don't have princess, just like the term ok? haha).... None of the worries about modern society troubling my mind, it'd be great.... I mean I would probably end up having to fight the creeks or chicasaws or whatever they were called to the death and die a very young man... but heh, not too bad of a price to pay for a life of ease and laziness where the women are given most of the work and responsibility hahaha!

When you think about it that scenario is not too far off from the lives of many in the inner cities today, except replace forested mountains with concrete jungle and creeks and chickasaws with crips and bloods.
  • Like 2

I have read two really interesting books

What If?: The World's Foremost Military Historians Imagine What Might Have Been

What If? 2 : Eminent Historians Imagine What Might Have Been

Both books have been combined into one single book

The Collected What If? Eminent Historians Imagine What Might Have Been

Recommended reading for serious Alternative History Buffs.

flint, harry harrison did an alt. history series of the civil war you might be interested in, the 'stars & stripes' trilogy.....

:-)

(royal, you should've included the next line of the song on your signature too.....)

;-)

(royal, you should've included the next line of the song on your signature too.....)

;-)

Thought about it....figured most people don't want to to be called peasants,even though it's closer to the actual truth then we all like to think.lol
  • Like 1

strangely enough though royal, I prefer marianne faithful's version to the original, philistine that I am!

(still my favourite lennon track though, no matter who's doing it!

well, as long as it's not justin '***king' bieber....)

I came close to putting up the Clash lyrics from "Death or Glory"......I believe in this and it's been tested by research,he who ****s nuns will later join the church....

Edited by Royal

When you think about it that scenario is not too far off from the lives of many in the inner cities today, except replace forested mountains with concrete jungle and creeks and chickasaws with crips and bloods.

LMAO! Best quote Reply of the year!!!!!!! It's so true!!!!

flint, harry harrison did an alt. history series of the civil war you might be interested in, the 'stars & stripes' trilogy.....

Oh really? Thanks for letting me know, I'll have to check that out.... : D

My favorite alternate history scenario is: Jesus Christ is not crucified by the Romans and never deified. What religion would dominate the rest of history? My best guess would be Judaism.

My favorite alternate history scenario is: Jesus Christ is not crucified by the Romans and never deified. What religion would dominate the rest of history? My best guess would be Judaism.

Thats not just an atlernative history but also a Conspiracy theory favourite!

The merovingians as descendants on jesus christ and Mary magdalene, the so called Crypt of jesus Cirsit or treasure lode "indicated" in sculptures, paintings and everything connected to Rennes-le-Château and François Bérenger Saunière was written up in The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail