Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why did Mary Magdalene become the leader?

laver

So the fishing port on the sea of Galilee next to Mount Arbel becomes known as Magdala because she sent the disciples there to meet Jesus...

I can't say that I know for sure, not sure if there is any records of when Mount Arbel became Magdala, then again there was that problem of an Emperor's mother demanding that every Holy Site mentioned in the Holy Book be located.

The authenticity of many a sites is now being reassessed.

I can't say that I know for sure, not sure if there is any records of when Mount Arbel became Magdala, then again there was that problem of an Emperor's mother demanding that every Holy Site mentioned in the Holy Book be located.

The authenticity of many a sites is now being reassessed.

There is certainly quite a lot of work going on at Magdala/Migdal now I hear

There is certainly quite a lot of work going on at Magdala/Migdal now I hear

Thanks for the heads up ... I'll keep an eye out :tu:

Thanks for the heads up ... I'll keep an eye out :tu:

Called the Magdala Project; but there is an ever growing interest in Mary for many reasons as she has emerged as the second most important person in the story of Christ and may hold the key as to what was really going on in the Holy Land at that time

• Like 1

Hi.

This may be a jump for some.

Mary was to be Jesus Wife, his intended , but the marriage was not consecrated, Jesus was the second Adam.

Mary was to be his intended but first a condition had to met.

Jesus being the second Adam had to have his eve given back by the Fallen Angel since he stole her. Judas Iscariot and Mary had a bit of a fling, that's why you can see Judas Iscariot's jealousy when she anointed his head and feet. As if Judas really cared about how that money could have been distributed.

Mary had to have Judas give her to Jesus, instead he betrayed Jesus. His betray was a love crime, Judas did love Jesus very much, unfortunately he loved Mary more.

This is similar to the Egyptian Pharaoh giving back Abrahams wife.

The gospel of Mary was purposely hidden by the Asines so as not to confuse the early Christians.

Don't confuse Mary with the prostitute as that was a different woman and a set up to test Jesus by the Pharisees under the Mosaic law, yes they are allowed to test. The writing on the floor was Jesus writing there sins oldest to youngest, it was done this way because God can hide our transgression..one by one they left. The girl really had no idea what was going on.

The supper was not in Lazarus house, it was in Simon the lepers home (also a Pharisee and father of Iscariot) Martha served because they were all known to each other.

Mary was both Magdalene and Bethany. She owned the fort beside the sea of Galilee but lived in Bethany, her family was wealthy. The ointment cost 300 denarii (and one denarii is one days pay for reference), one of the reasons why the Iscariot's wanted her in there family.

I should point out Catholicism rolled back the assumption privately in the 70s but it was not a public event, most old Catholics still think Mary was a prostitute because there not aware of the change of position on this aspect.

• Like 1

which is strange because Mary was never mentioned as a 'prostitute' not even once in the original Testaments.

which is strange because Mary was never mentioned as a 'prostitute' not even once in the original Testaments.

No she was not... just a bit of disinformation put about by the early church to cover up the importance of Mary in the story of Jesus

• Like 1

Only that Mary Magalene was labeled as the one Jesus had saved from the seven demons, what wrong with Mary as a prostitute? Jesus loved all.

Only that Mary Magalene was labeled as the one Jesus had saved from the seven demons, what wrong with Mary as a prostitute? Jesus loved all.

JC warned of lies of the patriarchate ... eyes but do not see. ears but do not hear , but shout from the tops of mountains eh ?

Seven demons ? what happened to the rest ? :lol:

Edited by third_eye

JC warned of lies of the patriarchate ... eyes but do not see. ears but do not hear , but shout from the tops of mountains eh ?

Seven demons ? what happened to the rest ? :lol:

The number 7 was a very important number in the past and in our world today. It is the key number of the Book of Revelations, the last book of the bible when all will be revealed, and clearly linked to Mary of Magdala which is not a coincidence as she was the one showing the way.

• Like 1

What about this 'seven' ?

In several notable works of Western culture, the Dance of the Seven Veils (usually described as danced by Salome) is one of the elaborations on the biblical tale of the execution of John the Baptist. Although the Bible does not give the dance a name at all, details enriching the story in later Christian mythology include providing a name for the dance, and describing the purpose of the dance as being to inflame King Herod with incestuous desire so that he would grant Salome her desire, for the head of the Baptist

MaudeAllanSalomeHead.jpg

wiki link

perhaps better understood as seven deadly thought processes

Revelations again... meaning the unveiling of that which is hidden

NB The head was very important to many groups maybe because it was the thinking centre of the body..........?