Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

ExxonMobil — most valuable company in world

SpiritWriter

ExxonMobil — now the most valuable company in the world, passing Apple — earned $45 billion profit in 2012, a 9 percent jump over 2011. Meanwhile, Chevron earned $26.2 billion for the year. In the final three months of the year, the companies earned $9.95 billion and $7.2 billion respectively.

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2013/02/01/1525441/exxon-chevron-2012-profit/?mobile=wt

Just saw this on an ad on UM

http://www.whoownsbi...CFYiDQgodqDgA4w

On the FAQ page I noticed there wasn't the question.. Since you guys make so much money, why can't you lower gas prices?

That's a great question with a simple answer: Because the US$ is losing it's value(it's net worth compared to other world currencies).

Why? Ask Ben.

Why would they want to?

So the rest of us could afford to live?

So the rest of us could afford to live?

Adjusted for inflation, the price for a gallon of gas in 2012 was lower than it was in 1918 and only slightly higher than it was in 1981.

http://inflationdata...ation_chart.htm

You've still paying less for gasoline than you are for bottled water.

And here's a little ditty about oil profits:

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2012/10/20/big-oil-isnt-as-profitable-as-everyone-thinks/

Hint, the reason the profits look so large is that oil companies are LARGE companies (duh). Their actual profit margin is quite low compared to, say, a company like Apple.

Edited by Rafterman

Adjusted for inflation, the price for a gallon of gas in 2012 was lower than it was in 1918 and only slightly higher than it was in 1981.

http://inflationdata...ation_chart.htm

You've still paying less for gasoline than you are for bottled water.

No it takes $50 to fill up a tank that lasts four days. I personally drink all my water for free, but if I did buy bottled water I could get a 36 pack for $3.00. Please don't act like gas prices arent outrageous...

I am being generous with the $50 for four days too. Meaning that many times its more expensive.

No it takes $50 to fill up a tank that lasts four days. I personally drink all my water for free, but if I did buy bottled water I could get a 36 pack for $3.00. Please don't act like gas prices arent outrageous...

Actually they're not as the analysis above shows. If gas is more expensive than you can afford, then perhaps you need to analyze your own choices - the type of car you drive and the distance you live from your work.

And yes, a bottle of premium bottled water - Fiji for example - is anywhere from $2-$3 for 12 ounces. That's $18-$27 a gallon. Even at $1 for a 12 ounce bottle, that's still much more than gasonline.

Actually they're not as the analysis above shows. If gas is more expensive than you can afford, then perhaps you need to analyze your own choices - the type of car you drive and the distance you live from your work.

And yes, a bottle of premium bottled water - Fiji for example - is anywhere from $2-$3 for 12 ounces. That's $18-$27 a gallon. Even at $1 for a 12 ounce bottle, that's still much more than gasonline.

I can analyze many things yes its true.. one of them is that the big oil companies are greedy and have driven the prices up on everything, including Fugi water. Gas is too expensive no matter what type of car I drive. The analysis shows they are making $70 billion cash in a year... ok for you, thats not rediculous.. fine. To me and to people who care about the economics of the common family, it is.

Let me put that numeric form..

70, 000, 000, 000

Profit.....

Why is this ok? Because they are a gas company? Hell no thats not ok. The first price hike you were complaining and each consecutive one after that, but they broke you down. That's called Pimping... and they should get slapped.

They shouldnt have any problem paying off any environmental and personal damages to those effected by there irresponsible practices.

Get out your little calculator and see how much that is per day..

If you use my calculator theyd be bankrupt in a few days. Because thats alot of number pushing. But the delay would be a minor inconvenience.