Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Archived] Lets Count to a Million (Game)

Bracket

In 1079 Peter Abelard was born.

The SNCAC NC.1080 was a prototype single-seat carrier-based fighter aircraft first flown on 29 July 1949. Development was discontinued following an unexplained accident on 10 April 1950, and the contest, for which the design was intended, was eventually rendered moot when the Aéronavale adopted the de Havilland Sea Venom in 1952.

SNCAC_NC.1080_prototype_1950.jpg

1081. Proclamation 1081 was the declaration of Martial Law in the Philippines by President Marcos. It came into effect in September 1972 and was only lifted in 1981.

AD1083 Bishop Odo, the Earl of Kent was suddenly disgraced and imprisoned by William I for having planned a military expedition to Italy. Some historians think that he wanted to invade Rome and declare himself Pope. Others, (myself included) are of the opinion that the good Bishop was a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic!

• Like 1

*munches on one of the good Bishop's sandwiches as she searches for something interesting that happened in 1084*

Sadly, most of it has to do with the power struggles between Rome and the Holy Roman Empire.

• Like 1

1085 - the Domesday survey is commissioned by William I

*munches on one of the good Bishop's sandwiches as she searches for something interesting that happened in 1084*

Sadly, most of it has to do with the power struggles between Rome and the Holy Roman Empire.

Kasey! Nothing happened in 1084? I can't believe you missed the death of Wulfwold, Abbot of Chertsey in April of that year! Tut tut!!

• Like 1

AD 1086... the Domesday book is completed.

And ealdwita... I said nothing interesting happened in 1084. Clearly I don't consider Wulfwold's death interesting. :P

Edited by Kasey2601
  • Like 1

AD 1087 William I (the Conqueror, the B***ard - whichever you prefer) died from complications of a wound he received in a siege on the town of Mantes.

AD 1086... the Domesday book is completed.

And ealdwita... I said nothing interesting happened in 1084. Clearly I don't consider Wulfwold's death interesting. :P

Well, I'll bet it concerned him more than just a tad!

• Like 1

AD 1088, the year after ol' Willie's death, a rebellion took place which concerned the division of his lands in England and in Normandy between his two sons William Rufus and Robert Curthose.

1089 Noodle House is a Chinese restaurant in Stony Brook, Long Island. It's too early in the morning to go checking if Ethelred of Westchester married a goat or whether the Vice Bishop of Marseille fell off a boat in 1089. :D

1090 or 10% on top, 90% in the rear....

Better known as: "The Mullet."

To say that "The Mullet" is merely a hairstyle, barely even scratches the surface of the issue. The mullet is a way of life, it is a state of mind, it is every person who wears it.

Physical Description: The Mullet, or, 1090, is characterized by short hair on the top, front, and sides of the head, followed by a long drape of hair on the back.

Typical accessories to the mullet include moustaches, scraggly beards and/or goatees, and sunglasses.

Research on the mullet phenomena, at this stage, is still in its infancy. However it is suggested by many top laboratories that the mullet, as it slowly reaches maturity, begins to grow tentacles into the brain of the victim which affect several areas of the brain and fundamentally alter the candidate's actions and behavioural responses.

Said behavioural changes mainly include extreme agression, the proclivity to consume large amounts of alcohol, pedophilia, lack of hygeine, dramatic reduction in inhibitions (often bolstered by the consumption of alcohol), sense of paranoia and distrust towards authority/governmental figures, and most importantly - steadily decreasing IQ levels.

Thanks to the Urban Dictionary for this enlightening explanation. :w00t:

• Like 1

Friday 17th.October 1091, a tornado destroyed London Bridge and various other parts of the city.

AD 1088, the year after ol' Willie's death, a rebellion took place which concerned the division of his lands in England and in Normandy between his two sons William Rufus and Robert Curthose.

William Rufus...now there's fertile tillage for the Conspiracy Theory crowd!

• Like 1

AD 1092... King William II of England annexes Cumbria from the Scottish Celtic kingdom of Strathclyde and builds Carlisle Castle. That same month Lincoln Cathedral is consecrated.

United Airlines flight #1094 runs between San Francisco, CA and Washington Dulles International.

AD 1095 the First Crusade begins. Called by Pope Urban II and led by Peter the Hermit, Walter the Penniless, Godfrey of Bouillon, Baldwin and Eustace of Flanders.

• Like 1

1096 AD marked the first documented teaching at the University of Oxford.

• Like 1

OnScene1097.com is a sharing website for firefighters, medical practitioners, and law enforcement

1098. The Ducati 1098 is a sport motorbike which won both the World Superbike Championship and the British Superbike Championship in 2008.

7 June AD 1099 The Siege of Jerusalem begins during the First Crusade.

And for any Dan Brown fans, AD 1099 is also the year the Priory of Scion allegedly formed.

Edited by Kasey2601

1100. The Nokia 1100 is a basic mobile phone, introduced in 2003 and now discontinued. 200 million of the things have been sold, making it the best selling handheld phone and the best selling consumer electronic device ever. I bet it worked better than a lot of the high tech and often overly complicated gumph which has hit the market in more recent years, :whistle:

• Like 1

AD 1102 Henry I of England orders the tomb of Edward the Confessor opened; the body is supposedly found undecayed. Guess that's when he became St Edward the Confessor.

AD1103 - The tiny Duchy of Austria gets back the province of Österreich, which it lost to Heinrich the Heretic during one of the many land seizures under his reign.

'Heinrich the Heretic' - I love it!

• Like 2